Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The child vampire's snack (open)

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2009, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Idony mentally sighed to herself, clearly Revis wasn't taking the danger of the situation seriously. Well if he gets hurt it'll be no fault of mine, she thought in exasperation. His cocky attitude and foolhardiness reminded her a bit of her maker Silas. Despite their many conflicts she couldn't deny the affection she had for her obnoxious maker.  Perhaps it was the similarity in the twos personality that drew her to the mortal

Her eyes had no trouble in the darkness of the new corridor, her vampire eyes well suited for such environments. She gave Revis a half glance as his eyes transformed into ones more appropriate for darkness. The two of them crept into the new room cautiously. The room was rather barren with the exception of a small altar like structure set in the middle of the room.

A thundering crash sounded behind them and Idony spun around to see a wall had slammed down, closing off the passageway they just came from.  Cursing under her breath she looked forward again to see something glowing red above the altar. Before she could get a better look at it fire shot out at her, which she barely dodged, rolling to the side. If she reacted just a few seconds later she would've been engulfed in flame. Adrenaline rushing, Idony looked back at the glowing light and saw it was actually a small shimmering crystal. Before she had time examine it further she was forced to jump to the side again as fire shot out at her once more. The fire shot out astoundingly fast; any normal person would be toast by now. She was grateful for her quick vampire reflexes.

"This one of those tricks you were talking about?" She called out in an agitated voice as she evaded another fireball.

Anonymous

Revis had entered the dark room with Idony right behind him. He eyes swept over the room. It seemed to be just a  barren looking room with some sort of alter in the middle. Before Revis could take a look for anything else, he heard a loud crash and turned around quickly and saw the wall slam shut. "This is not going to end well," Revis muttered to himself.

Revis attetion was then diverted back to the alter when a red light started shine above it. It then shot out a fire ball at him and Idony. He dodged it rather easily and saw that Idony had dodged as well. He then turned his attetion back to the light and saw that it was coming from a small shimmering crystal. Revis then had to move again when another fireball was shot out of it. Revis then grinned widely at hearing what Idony had ot say.

Revis then then shouted back, "Yep, and I don't think this is the full effect of it though." Revis then noticed that the crystal started to pulsate. WIth each pulse it shot out a ring of fire at differnt angles and heights. Revis had to duck and roll to dodge some while others required him to jump over them. Revis was having fun with his adrenaline pumping along with his blood. Most times he didn't get anygood challenges and he knew that being here was going to be one big challenge.

Anonymous

"We need to destroy it quick," Idon'y declared, her voice firm.
Her eyes narrowed with determination as she whipped out a small dagger from her pocket.   She dashed towards the crystal, darting past the flames being hurled at her. With one great leap the small girl soared above the crystal, her dagger poised to strike. As she fell, thrusting the dagger downward, her weapon met something solid blocking the way to the crystal. As she fell back she caught the small glimmer of the force field around the gem. Her girl gracefully rolled to the side, slipping her dagger back into her pocket.  

"A barrier," she said simply as she was forced to fight against the waves of flame once more. "Physical attacks will be useless." She was now closer to Revis and she caught his eye. "I can destroy it, but I require concentration these flames prevent." she said, a frown twisting across her face. She hated the next phrase she had to utter. "I need you to carry me."