Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Toast to Poison (Juno)

Started by Lion, August 09, 2009, 02:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Foolish girl.  I may be a human but I forget nothing.  Not when it counts like this. And if I were you, demon, I'd be counting my blessings!"  Venaede grimaced again, snarling in clear displeasure.  He didn't want to believe that this demon was actually worth the breath that she inhaled.  He was starting to think he was wasting his time until she said something that was remotely useful.

"A fire demon, eh?"  And small grin touched his lips.  He wiggled the weapon in his hand loosely and tossed his head in the direction of a path.  "You'll lead me there."

[UGH! Total fail post! *dies*]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Remina couldn't help but gawk at his display, that weapon being used as encouragement to get her to lead him?! Like some dog...what a stupid idea! Rolling her eyes, again, she laughed and shook her head while she turned in the opposite direction. "Hah! No...go do whatever it is you do by yourself, eh? I'm not a tour guide, I don't have free time to give to some lost human man that talks big but can't even get himself around...No, I won't do it!" With that she started walking in the direction she'd been running before, towards her home. She didn't really realize that this was a bad idea, that he might get angry that she wasn't helping, but she could care less what the human thought right now. "I gave you something, why isn't that good enough?" The nerve of this guy! Threatening her like he had and then demanding information...but also her time?! He must be crazy...

ooc: Don't worry, mine is worse 8D haha!

Lion

Venaede didn't expect much out of her, she didn't look like much.  But he also wasn't fool enough to underestimate his opponent.  Though he'd spared her life, that didn't change the fact that she was still his enemy in every shape and form.  She was a demon, he was a vampire hunter.  Though this was true, he would willingly and fervently hunt for any demon and monster that threatened humanity.  He would hunt to the end of his life to slay as many as he could, as quickly and efficiently as he could.

Venaede wasn't kidding.  And she scoffed at him as if this were a game.  He grimaced again and swiftly swung the blade near her head as a show that he was in no mood for any sort of games.  He was a serious man with very serious business and he wanted her to take him to the location.  "Take me!" He demanded once more and started to spin the chain even more quickly, determined to get her to follow orders.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

The sound of the blade slicing through the air was irritating her and she turned as he made his demand again. A smirk there upon her face, she stared at him for the briefest of pauses, her eyes sharp and somewhat angry. Then she turned, making a point to move slowly, and stepped out towards the path to head back in the direction from which they had come. "Fine, fine... So pushy."

On the outside she was probably looking a little too compliant. In reality she had every intention to try and get him lost and then ditch him; such a plan had worked with every other she'd ever had a need to 'lose'; she didn't think he could possibly know these woods as well as she. And so she walked, her stride confident and her body easily relaxed despite all the threats he had made. One thing she didn't notice,  however, was that her hair was slowly losing a touch of its sleekness in the beginnings of one of the most embarrassing processes she could experience as one of her kind. The cause was the previous state of stress: being chased and thrown around. Though calm and relaxed now she would still go through the mildest form of this strange phenomenon.

Lion

Normally, Venaede would not be so kind as to spare the life of a demon.  At first sight, his first instincts told him to kill without question, like an Umbraeon warrior in a tribal war party, and though that portion of his blood had thinned, his instincts were enormously strong; there was hardly a chance to resist them.  But underneath it all, Venaede was still undoubtedly human and therefore bound by human limitations such as the need to reason and not pass up on an opportunity that he might regret in the future.  The prospect of having Remina give him information wasn't all that appealing, but anything that might help him hunt the creatures of hell was acceptable.

He stopped swinging the chain, and in fact had retracted the weapon together for the time that she would lead him.  The way she walked, moved, and acted disgusted him at every turn.  All demons and monsters did; the very atrocities of life and what he was so determined to snuff out from existence even if it killed him.  Venaede was prepared at the slightest indication that she would abandon him or try anything in anyway to behead her and dismember the rest of her body, carting if off to be burned on a pyre.  There would be no remorse, no question, no wasting of time with torture.  But even so he was getting impatient.  "How long is this going to take?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She felt his impatience hanging heavily in the air. It brought a wry grin to her expression, a low chuckle as well, as she went down through the unmarked trails of past travels human and animal alike. At first she'd thought that, perhaps, this man might act tough but have a weakness for not knowing his way around, as she did. It soon became clear, though, that he was beginning to catch on to her; that distinct feel of humans when they knew something was not right was gnawing at her, reminding her that he was smart.

What could it hurt to lead him to the other demon? She did not care for the other in the least, even considered him ugly and vile for the way he used what he'd been born with; Remina felt that the powers of demons were gifts, but she considered any other but her own to be lowly. No, this fire demon would cause her no heartache for turning him in to some hunter.

Slowly, she turned, her eyes flashing with curiosity for this man who seemed so confident and unfazed. "Not long," she said, immediately turning to lead him in the right direction. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea, but the man had a weapon good enough to kill her if he so chose and she wasn't going to test him any more than she felt comfortable with, as he was a stranger to her.

It didn't take very long to skirt the town she'd taken the boy from and climb the hill on the other side. Going down through the valley within the forest, dodging trees and the like as she went, Remina snuck glances at Venaede on occasion, still uncertain, yet curious of him. Finally, she led him around the bottom of the other hill and down to the road that would take them into this next town. "Do you need to be led in?" she asked with a cocky grin. "Or am I done here?"

Lion

The truth of the matter was that he was smarter than he looked, or at least he assumed he was.  By first impression, he looked very much the brute; large of body, not so very slender, and a giant among humans.  Indeed he could very much assumed to be a large, bumbling idiot that was quick to anger and even quicker to lay down a heavy hand.  While the last two were quite true, Venaede was anything but stupid.  Foolish sometimes, yes, but not utterly stupid.

He assessed the situation carefully and knew for a fact that some demon would die tonight. Whether it was gonna be this cat wench or the fire demon she led him to, somebody was going to die.  His hand still tinged to launch the ax-whip that lingered in his grip, but he stayed his hand, remaining cautious and readying himself for whatever popped out his way.  He didn't like the look of his female creature (woman was hardly a word for her) and kept his distance with her.  She wouldn't get far if she tried to escape anyway.

Venaede made it to where she led him and observed his surroundings, frowning intensely.  "Now that I think about it," he said quietly before approaching her quickly and grabbing her roughly by the hair, holding her like a slave.  "You'll be coming with me.  I might need bait."  And yanked her along the path.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She was proud of herself. She thought she would lead this guy to the town, he'd take care of his business, and then they could part ways. Simple plan, right? She certainly thought so and she had no reason to think that this human would want anything more to do with her after the way he'd treated her in the woods. Oh, but then he just started yanking her along, and by her hair, too. She wasn't happy with that at all. Nope.

Screeching like she was being skinned alive, Remina glared daggers at the man who dared lay a hand on her and treat her so poorly. How dare he disgrace her in such a way! Sure, she had her share of enemies, but this was ridiculous! Wanting to minimize the damage done, however, she just went along with him, vowing under her breath that she'd get him back for treating her as he was, though she sincerely doubted that he cared at all. "FINE! Let go of my hair, would you?! I'll take you to him, you won't need bait...what kind of hunter are you, needing to use a woman as bait?!"

She grabbed at his arm, bracing firmly as she tried to pry his fingers from their lock on her precious black and golden strands. "Look, it's right down there! Let go, would you?!"

Lion

It would all be a very smiple plan if she just did what she was told.  Then he might not have to be so rough.  But it was in his nature to never kneel or show appeasement to a creature of darkness.  And this female thing, no matter how benign he considered her, was not something he was suddenly going to go soft on.  A single inch given and pretty soon everything was going to run you down.  It was a fact of life with most things.  The darkness was no different.

Venaede dragged her along into the shadows never faltering in grip or determination and knew that he probably pulled a couple of strands loose in his yanking.  But it got her attention and he obviously asserted his dominance over her, a dominance gained only by his inability to yield.  "You're not a woman," he spat at her bitterly.  And when he felt they had gained enough distance within he tossed her to far away, releasing his grip on her hair.  "You're a whore."  He launched a steel-toed boot at her side and then stepped between her and escape.

"Show me or the next head that's coming off is yours.  If I find out you're lying to me, you die.  Understand?  Good, get moving."  He held the ax-whip threateningly, showing he was absolutely serious.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Oh, he was going to get it. She was furious; how dare he keep pulling her along in such a way! She was a lady, no matter her species, and she felt he was being doubly unfair in his treatment of her. It was so obvious that he was prejudiced against her kind, at bare minimum, but Remina hardly ever had problems with humans and usually it was only because they were drunk. This one, though, seemed completely unfazed by her or her abilities. She was astonished that he was acting like he was, like he just owned the whole place and she had no business acting up. Hmph!

She hissed angrily when he said she wasn't a woman, growling a little and digging her nails into his clothing, trying to get a grip on him. No sooner, though, and she was flying through the air then landing hard on the ground. "OOF! ....oww," she muttered, immediately trying to stand, only to get kicked in the side and hear him call her a "whore". She was strong enough to only have the breath knocked out of her from something that should have crushed bones, but it still hurt nonetheless. "OWW! Fuck you!" she screamed when she was able to breathe again, glaring up at the man that seemed so adamant about hurting her.

Everything stung. Her scalp, her chest, and her arms from breaking her fall. Sitting up and then standing, she expended every ounce of grace to not falter in front of him, to not seem weak. "What an impatient person you are," she mocked. "You must not ever see any action, huh? You're so bitter. And I am not a whore, for your information." She'd started moving slowly at this point, not wanting to give him a reason to swing that stupid ax thing at her. "I have my pick of these lands, I would never have need to resort to such a thing."

She didn't dare touch her head, which was hurting terribly now, for she feared showing any sort of weakness to this man; she knew now he would take advantage of anything he could get his paws on. "I'm taking you, just calm down, okay? I have no reason to protect him, and he's quite annoying anyway." Now she was "in range" so to speak, hearing the thoughts of the drunks further down the hill in their cozy taverns and dark alleys. She smiled for this, but a little voice told her that it wasn't normal that she couldn't hear this crazy man's thoughts. "There," she whispered after a few minutes of remaining silent. "Not much further." She wondered what would happen, if he really would behead the unfortunate demon or if he was merely bluffing.