Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

some questions about settings and stuff.

Started by Anonymous, August 12, 2009, 09:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I fail at making good topic titles, sorry.

Anyways, what are the rules about making races from the earth's past incarnations?  What I had in mind are a type of magically created golem-type things, that a few here and there survived the re-creation of the world somehow, maybe their civilization collasped, then the current ones arose, or whatever.

Would they be allowed?  I was thinking about running a minor plot with them, but I wanted to make sure they'd be allowed first.

Anonymous

yea they would probably be ok. As long as you dont bring guns with infinite lazor ammo etc. :p

Anonymous

Ew.  High technology isn't my thing.  xD  The Sentinels are more of high fantasy creation, anyways.

Got one more question.  I read the rule about original characters, and I was wondering.  Would an original character from another setting be allowed?  I'm toying with the idea of playing a warcraft based druid here, but if that's not allowed, I guess I'll have to figure out a way of doing a different kind of druid.

Anonymous

This might help.

By what I get from that is that, as long as a character has some control over nature and seeks to protect it, blamo! Druid.

That control can take the form of nature spells, shapeshifting into animals, etc. So, though it could be considered 'modeling off Warcraft', Warcraft/WoW didn't exactly come up with the idea. ;D

Anonymous

Yeah, but I love the lore around the warcraft druids.  xD  But if the admin object to it, I'll do my own kind of druid.

Anonymous

I'm not answering any questions really, but I totally love the Warcraft druids.

My guess would be they'd want you to come up with your own sort of history for them but they could be similar maybe. I don't know for sure though ^_^

Anonymous

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.  He's got similar abilities, but he fits into the board setting.

And yes, the Warcraft druids are awesome.

Rhindeer

Sorry this took so long!

You can play a druid based off Warcraft, but you'd need to really tweak the heck out of it because in this world, Warcraft doesn't exist. xD

So if you tweak it, fit it into the setting and make it your own, go for it. ^^
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa