Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I still remember your light (Raichi, open)

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2009, 05:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The staff Scott carried with him must have been enchanted, all he knew is that it was an old family heirloom that all past generations denied because it wasn't fashionable in their eyes. Yet of course Scott had always been quite fond of it, ever since he was a child.

The truth about the ancient staff was that it was used by only the highest commanders to literally battle dragons for the town's safety, until the walls were thick enough to hold them back. It had many abilities to it, but only the bravest and heirs sharing the blood of the ancestors can wield it. Though of course, Scott didn't know about any of this and was now wondering what was up with his staff, glaring at it wondrously forgetting to pay attention at the "lady" who sat beside him.

It wasn't until she ordered around his butler before he even got the chance that he got angry. He glared at her from the corner of his pierced eyes with a frown, balding his fist tightly around his staff. The gold dragons and handle  got extremely hot to the touch by anyone other then himself because of this, slight steam coming off of it. It wasn't because of his emotion, it was because of his emotions around and because of the female ice dragon.

"Tea would be fine" he said and the carriage started moving "What business do you have in serendipity" he spoke in a demanding tone, asking the dragon lady. It was obvious the lord was agitated because of her, she annoyed him to the very bone.

Anonymous

"No, we are simply going in the same direction and i decided to converse with Eid." She didn't lie. Rather telling half truth's to avoid shaming her name and reputation.

Eid prepared tea and cold water separately, in rapid succession. Quite the challenge to predict Dianatia's mood. She apparently wanted something from him, that much he could tell. Because the ice dragon wouldn't have ventured this far south willingly.

Soon the soft scent of Spiced tea set the mood, imported from an Essryn dealer called Grej, he knew the wanted rogue very well from his old days, a vivid image of red and gold silk clothes with loads of jewelry. His hair had become white and distraught with the years but still. Claiming the title prince of trade could do that to just about anyone. An extra whiff of curry for swift deals and bartering important deals.

"Your tea my lord."

His mind drifted back, fluidly offering the tea before taking another step, eyeing Dianatia, rather plain now. The shock and awe effect had faded particularly fast leaving a rather jumpy arrogant human with blue eyes and blonde hair. She would look allot more impressive in the ice caverns up north bordering Connlaoth.

"He was mine before you had him. Our bond is older than yours so naturally you wouldn't understand the horrors that have come about seeking my aid. The few vampire lord's left are stirring because of the king and his timely disappearance. Serendipity is once again a target for their endless thirst and i don't want to be involved."

Anonymous

After Scott had accepted the tea the dragon lady revealed a fact unknown to the lord, followed by a news announcement of stirring vampire lords targeting Serendipity.

Scott sighed a bit, balding the hand on his lap in and out to release some of the frustration he felt. He had grown quite fond of Eid, for in child years he had known Eid for practically all his life, therefor her remark about 'older bonds' felt as an insult to him. "If you require Eid for the tracking down of vampires you can forget it" his strong pure voice spoke determined as always, he seemed to have recovered from shock and gotten used to being around the dragon by now.

He took a sip of his tea and grabbed his staff again, the red crystals still glowing. "Eid, hold this for me" he said and handed the staff to his butler, the crystals losing their glow yet still sparkled as normal crystals. The young lord frowned at it as he took another sip of his tea, fascinated more then ever by the staff.

Anonymous

As the mysterious stranger withdrew into the carriage with the young lord and his attendant, Reym felt concerned. Surely she was a threat! But there wasn't much he could do or say in the matter. If it had been decided, it was out of his hands.

He joined the ranks of the other guards, and settled in for the trip. Still, he was resolved not be caught off-guard again, keeping himself close to the carriage, and watching carefully, both around them, and to the carriage itself, as they rode.

Anonymous

"I don't require Eid for anything like that." White cheeks flashed slightly red pretending it was anger the dragon eyed the young lord intently. Then she slid back into deep thought, sipping the cold water, her touch chilling it further. Taking a whiff of the aid, smelling the threat oozing out from the forest, just out of reach yet the very air had a perverse undertone. Like the very soul of the forest wanted to kill them.

"Wraith's. His servants knew i would seek you out so he sent them after you first Eid. Our old enemy, Lord Cypress Ravenfrost was released from his confinement yesterday. By some unknown creature. I couldn't fight it so i fled here. I didn't think much further ahead." Spoken with a set of growls, sour and coarse. Much trying to mimic her dragon way of speaking. With a sigh she let it all go. Hating her form silently while embracing the protection of enchanted wood. Eid's carriage would be safe territory for now.

Eid listened, absorbing everything while putting the lords staff away along with the crossbow. This was not an enemy that could be defeated by brutal strength. Fortunately he still had his shard pouch. Most of the souls used for fuel or released before Wraithdom set in. What was left glowing faintly inside. Flickering with the beauty of life. "Don't worry to much lord. This is not something that will slow us down further than what has been scheduled."

Rapping the window, hailing Sir Steven's. His curiosity bade the man go fourth and present himself properly, like a knight should. "Ride ahead and find a shaman. There should be one at the end of this forest."

Slightly amused, yet he didn't tarry for long. "Will do, Reym. If you have leadership qualities then now's a time to take charge. Or at least help young Chris here when his inexperience shows." A young soldier took Sir Steven's place, lanky and not the usual build of a swordsman. His expression was like a man who's courage would crack like pincers under a real attack. He hadn't under the dragon's attack. Finding refuge in his cowardice, he was going to survive this. The problem lay in the fact that he didn't care where his men placement where. As long as he had one to act as a meat shield it was OK.

With Sir Steven's gone, the forest seemed to move closer, invisible shadows grasping after them. "I already long for sir.Stevens at least his presence seemed to brighten up this mess of a forest." said someone. Everyone dressed the same. "Aw shut it Joe, we will survive. Even Sir.Stevens said so."

"Fuck off David. Your ruining my mood."

"Aw what I'd do for a nice woman and some warm hay."

"You forgot the booze."

Giggling followed suit.

Anonymous

The ice lady was talking about things Eid had never told him before, more importantly, that someone stronger then her was out to get him.

It was then that he realized his most precious person was in great danger, a warm wave of concern flowing over his body causing goosebumps on his skin. Eid seemed to notice and tried reassuring him "Don't worry to much lord. This is not something that will slow us down further than what has been scheduled."

Scott frowned, it was hard for him to believe Eid was strong enough to face whatever creature was strong enough to cause an ice dragon to flee. "The creature, are you going to work as a team to defeat it?" he asked appointing the question to both Eid and the dragon lady.

He suddenly felt the carriage move a little for the road was getting slightly wobbly, a small thumb heard from the side of the carriage, most likely a soldier who lost balance and hit the carriage to regain it.

Anonymous

Reym bristled a bit when Sir Stevens called his shortened name. Had it been anyone else among the guards there would have been a fight, but Sir Stevens was his superior, and even with such a slip, he respected the man. It was something he was simply going to have to get used to, humans didn't place the same importance to names that the boetheri did...but that didn't mean he'd ever like it.

Stifling his irritation, he nodded curtly to the knight and eyed his replacement warily. This young man hardly seemed to measure up, and the void Sir Stevens departure left was keenly felt. It didn't take long for the men to begin arguing and bantering among themselves.

Reym was appalled. Had they no respect for their duty? He was not above joking and roughhousing on his off-time, but a job was another matter. With dragons descending from the sky and the forest seeming to close in around them, they should not be distracting themselves. It was entirely likely that the banter was the guards' way of dealing with their uneasiness, but to Reym it was a strange and foolish way to act.

"Enough of that!" he barked, "With Sir Stevens gone ahead, we're going to have be twice as careful! We can't afford such carelessness!" The men turned to look at him in surprise, which was understandable, he'd surprised himself. ...but he had their attention now, "Flank the carriage, and keep your eyes open! There's something strange about this wood and I for one, don't want to be caught off-guard again!"

He wasn't their superior and they knew it. They had no reason to listen to him, yet something about his words struck a chord and they hastily maneuvered back into formation. There were some insults muttered, but Reym was fine with that. He left the replacement and another to guard the front, while he himself moved to the rear of the procession, where he could keep watch over both sides of the road and the carriage.

Anonymous

"No." Eid sighed, already packing a spare emergency kit if worse came to worst. "If he only wants me I will run away single handedly and leave you to yours. Unprecedented and unprofessional, but fear not i will send word and a replacement. Yes that is what i deem appropriate. No need to involve you further in any of this funny business that has to do with my friends and old acquaintances."

Yellow eyes looked at the young lord insistently, perhaps it was time the pup left to explore his own world. At least for a short while. He had little left to teach, the lord was a fast learner and all of that. "It is part of the contract that i will not endanger my lord, so if i let you stay and help me fight I'd consider it a breach."

After the emergency travelling package had been forged it was time to start preparing for the lord's lunch. Already busy, busy and keeping his mind distraught leaving the dragon and his lord to chatter. Mistakes like this could lead countries to war as the dragon now eyeing a spot in the ceiling. Letting her chilling firmness convey the message. Already spoken with Eid she saw no need to converse with the little bug sitting next to her. "So, why did they hire you just for this low class noble?"

"They paid the contract price. Never told me anything."
Whatever Eid was making it smelled fresh and delicious, most of it hidden by the tea's spicy aroma coupled with the icy chill from his left.

Outside the carriage, men were trying to keep composed and watchful. It was just a forest to them and Reym's bickering kept them attentive for a few, then they started probing for answer's. "How come you placed us here? why not over there? Are we out of the forest yet?" Worst was the front line, laughing and telling dirty joke's.

It was only when the front line stopped testing their new found leaders patience that the others followed suit, eventually. They started wishing they had stayed ignorant to their surrounding's, There were eyes everywhere and to make matters worse, the road started shrinking.
"Hoy, erm. We can't fight spirit's so why even bother right? i mean they cant harm us right?" The eyes where surrounded by a green smoke, creating a horrid army of shape shifting figure's.

Anonymous

Scott couldn't believe his eyes when his butler insisted on fighting this foe alone, a sting pinching through his heart when he mentioned the obvious; that this opponent was highly dangerous and even able to kill him. He loved Eid as he loved his father and felt a bit nauseous of the thought of replacing him, though he dared not show his feelings and kept a straight face "Just don't die." he said in soft, pure voice.

Eid was right about the contract, it would indeed be a breach if he were to stay with his young lord. Silence fell as Eid was preparing his lunch, when suddenly the dragon "lady" threw an insulting gossip at Eid about Scott, in his very presence. It was true that Eid was a fairly expensive butler for their budget, but they managed fine to pay him and still live in a large mansion under great luxury. Besides, they were the only business dealing in silk, leaving all shops without it but theirs, meaning no competition so that they could maintain high prices for their products.

The lovely spicy aroma didn't cheer the young lord one bit, for he was highly offended by the way she spoke about him. "Mind you I have no tolerance for such filthy accusations, especially coming from a dragon wearing such a dress" he spoke to her feeling his heart pound in anger, after all, the young lord wasn't used to arguing so this was new for him. However he did manage his come back quite nicely, with proper word use and even insults for he dared not call her lady, not to mention he insulted her dress. "Another word and I'll have Eid punish you, and I wouldn't want to waste his time on such unworthy matters"

It was obvious the two couldn't get along by far, leaving a breathtaking tensioned atmosphere in the carriage that was already full of various feelings the three were having.

Scott was now even more determined as he was planning on ruling his company over Serendipity and Connloath the way his father ruled in Adela by the time he reached 18, which left him only four years to do it, a rather unrealistic and impossible goal for his father had worked all his life to set up his company from scratch, the man now 48 years of age already and still working hard to maintain business. Yes, the young lord had a wild imagination when it came to making his own deadlines, dreaming of more power and wealth to strike him.

Anonymous

Sipping the glass of cold water, gently shifting the weight, feeling the water tumble around as the carriage increased it's pace to slightly more than what was comfortable.

Her great mind pondering on what the rebuttal with the child would be. "The dress suit's the form. Plain and short lived just like the rest of humanity as for punishment Eid can't touch me. You will have to try yourself and then i will be there to put you in your true place. Right above the world's smartest flea."

She smelled it first, her senses more finely tuned than even Eid's. The smell of dead spirit's brought back to a shapeless unlife. Possibly there was a massacre field nearby. Both Adela and Serendipity have waged wars inside the draconi forest. Something green and deformed with eyes angry at the world appeared in their window, before vanishing completely just about the same time as Eid's leather pouch started glowing.

"They cant touch us, no worries. In fact, that your father's carriage craftsman listened to my precise instructions is a great aid."

"Oh so this entire construct can absorb wraith's?" Dianatia loved Eid for his ingenious idea's. Once he had designed something similar to her, it had broken down by now. "No, this carriage function's as a giant enhancement for my warlock power's. As long as i have shard's even someone with my spirit pool can absorb wraith's."

Outside was hell, James could feel the spirit's as they assaulted his emotional center with agony, pain, sorrow, and hatred. Not exactly in the mood to throw another joke, catching eye of their left flank smooching and embracing each others.

The only people able to retain some semblance of sanity were the driver, his shield mate partner in the front and Reym. The two were currently enduring a harsh mixture of Torment and hatred. Unable to lash back and retaliate the pair put some wood between their teeth to soften pain and deaden their jaw muscle's without actually breaking anything vital. They cried together but kept going on. Horses had remained untouched. Weird stuff this magic thought the driver as he urged the horses to quicken their moves.

The driver urged them to jump up on the carriage, any spirit present had until now vanished when trying to enter it. And being on top of it would mean no more walking. They would never be separated. "Reymath? Shall we retreat back to the carriage roof?" shouting back to the animal mercenary, his mouth course and dry from yelling out.

Anonymous

Dianatia took her time thinking of a response, making it not only an insult, but also a threat. Scott however felt both intimidated and angry, not only was she making his life miserable the moment she got here, but she was mean and annoying to the core.

"Oh please! Fighting relies on skill, intelligence comes in when the opponent is stronger only. So, judging on ones intelligence requires multiple tests and books which I presume, the world smartest flea wouldn't be able to do. Then again to make such comparison gives me a good insight of your intelligence" he flopped out stuttering a bit in anger, this fight thing was really getting to him and annoying him.

She was about to defend herself and counter attack when he interrupted "And about Eid, even if he can't touch you he still vowed to protect me with his life." he frowned and shoved the fiber cake Eid had prepared right in her face. "So try if you must, you'll most likely be removed from the carriage." He had completely had it with her company and wished for her department more then anything, his small act simply explicating the message along with sweet revenge.

It was indeed a sweet fiber cake, delicious to the taste yet healthy to the body, it looked much like a round piece of pie, with the structure of soft flawless bread. It was a dish only the finest butlers and restaurants could prepare, and were mostly eaten during meetings.

Anonymous

"Reymath? Shall we retreat back to the carriage roof?"

The direct address brought him back to his senses, and he realized that in the episode with the Wraith, with the terror that had seized him, his entire body had tensed, looking for an enemy to strike.

This was a grand adventure he'd brought himself into, that much was certain.

"Sounds good!" he called back, it was a good idea. The carriage seemed to have some sort of magic that had stopped the creature. The closer they kept to it, the better. They could be sure not to lose their charges that way. "Keep yourselves together, and make sure we keep moving! The sooner we're out of this, the better!"

He pulled his fire spirit mask from his pack and tied it to the back of his belt underneath his cloak. He didn't want to wear it right now, it might restrict his peripheral vision and anyway, it looked rather odd, and the other guards had seen enough of that, but he wanted it close.
To the boetheri, the fire spirit represented courage, tenacity, and a fearsome fighting strength. The mask was supposed to grant its wearer the spirit's blessing, and though he wasn't entirely sure he believed that the spirits existed, he'd seen enough strange things in this one day that he wasn't going to take any chances. Besides, the mask's presence was oddly comforting, and simply tying it to his belt gave him a new confidence in the face of these dark enemies.

"Don't worry, young lord," he said softly, "we'll get you to your destination."

Louder, he addressed the driver directly, "Do we have everyone accounted for? I hope no one ran off in that madness."

Anonymous

"I am no threat to your life. Not now at least. Your tender body and youthful nature would serve well as an appetizer but let's be honest. Something more buff with four leg's would be better. At Least when it's properly cooked." Dianatia was growing with unrest, she hated Wraith's and much like a noble lady jumping up on a chair when sighting mice, she didn't dare leave the carriage no matter what company she had to endure to stay inside. "As for fighting it isn't a matter of skill when your opponent is a dragon. I win by default because of my nature."

This boy seemed to her as a standard noble kid. Just because she now resided in human form and wore rather plain garment's did not mean she was not above him in rank when it came down to etiquette and that stuff.

Eid didn't dare butt much further instead focused on his duties, offering them both fiber cake that he had hidden away in case it would be needed. This situation definitely deemed a slight calorie intake appropriate. His lordship had rarely encountered this sort of dragon before and was fuming, that much was apparent.

Small thud's could be heard when soldier boot's retreated up the two ladders on the side's. Finally everyone up they thought. Doing a name call in the midst of this madness, eventually "Joe's missing." this much was what James knew, in all the chaos and massive amount of green mist and cloud's with guttural and deformed faces wailing and screaming at them. Soundless screams filled with conflicting emotions and strong hatred.

You couldn't kill these thing's with ordinary weapon's. The soldier's just stood passive and endured whatever they threw at them. He removed his helmet. It felt to hot to wear it now, tasting something bitter in his mouth. It was salty. Probably his own tear's.

James usually acted as if nothing ever phased him but this was more than just a bloke getting drunk and punched in the gut by his own grandmother. They had actually lost a guy. Steven's was gone for aid. Joe had vanished. It was on every one's faces now. They had endured a lot together and now one of them were dead. He could already see it, coming. the never ending round of drinks where they would reminisce over their loss. "Remember what Joe did. If only Joe were here."

And in the midst of this thought process something vital to his survival snapped. He had resented Joe, he slacked of work, practiced half arsed and drank himself to death on every occasion possible. In fact he should be glad that Joe was dead. "You guy's stay with the Carriage. Ahm goin fer Joe." His body moved on it's own, jumping back off the carriage as it's pace quickened further.

A green cloud with slightly skeletal feature's taunted him. But strangely non of them assaulted him with the usual.

Anonymous

Dianatia wiped the cake off of her face like a sponge and announced her preference of food. It surprised Scott she hadn't attacked him or even insulted him for his childish action. He quickly fixed himself with an obviously disagreeing tisk, turning his head to the window to see the wraiths attempting to come inside yet failing terribly.

Eid handed him the fiber cake he had prepared. Scott took a bite after receiving it, ones finished with his bite he spoke "When will we depart from this mist of monsters, Eid" he spoke in his clear voice. It was funny how he toned his questions as if they were commands, it seemed so incorrect for his voice wasn't yet heavy and manly enough to make it sound dominant or cocky, yet it seemed to be a part of the young lord for doing so, a friendly yet dominant charm.

He continued eating his fiber cake listening to Dianatia and Eid converse, not bothering to meddle as he was now enjoying his food.

Anonymous

Reym watched James go, impressed by the man's courage as he walked past the ghostly figures. He hardly even flinched!

He was torn between following the man in case he needed help and staying with their charge, but finally settled on staying. James knew what he was doing, and the last thing they needed to do was weaken their guard further, with three of them already missing. Still, it was interesting that the wraiths had let James pass almost unharmed. Reym knew nothing of the monsters, they weren't often seen around the village he grew up in. Was this normal behavior, or something strange?

He turned his attention back to the remaining guard. They were tense, scared, uncertain, and who could blame them. They seemed relatively safe for the moment, but that was only adding to their unease. It was the waiting and wondering that was gripping them now. It would only take a little for one of them to crack. They needed to keep their minds focused.

"Hey, do any of you know about these things?" he asked, pulling their attention to him, "what they are, what they do...or how to fight them? I hate sitting in the dark like this."

Anonymous

"Aye, me dad. Saw somethin' like them on occasion durin' 'is 'venture's.
Stayin' round places of death. Probably 'aunting it. Sad 'ta say he wasn't very keen fer takin' a closer look." The man driving their carriage had turned around to face the escort, brown resolute eyes with a pale face, determined to keep them on the road. "Light or wind magic ought ter du' sumthin."

Horses clamping the road ahead of them urged on by both ghosts and the driver's few lashes. he did not want the lord to suffer unduly as instructed by Eid and then there was also the issue that he might tire the horses or risk permanent injury to them.

As the young lord eyes were diverted outside, they stopped trying to intrude, instead forming a green barrier of a kind around the wagon, humming with a tune of unbelieving hatred. Like whisper it seeped trough cracks within the carriage, sneaking itself into the lords ears like the scent of honey, except it turned to ice, sending a cold yet alluring whisper into his ear only. Shutting out the surrounding static of Eid and Dianatia talking.

"Ravenfrost will help you, just deliver the dragon. She's naught but rude and will misguide you to your downfall if she could. The lord extends a true invitation. One worthy of your stature. ensuring you that nothing will harm your men nor you. Just accept. You have nothing to loose, might even reach your destination faster than ever. He has powers of teleportation, yeeesssss. Willing to serve you he is. If you but extend your hand and accept his invitation."

Something shimmering in the air in front of him, something only Scott could see. It was a dark glove of finest silk quality, extended to his as a formal greeting from an actual person. Even now carrying with it the lure and promise of power. Unfathomable power, and connections.

Obviously a worthy person to have at his side. All he had to do was shake hands and accept it.

On top of the carriage spent soldiers panted lightly, having lost the resolute James and slacking Joe all they had were themselves and this mercenary bastard who did nothing but voice what they felt inside. They felt cold, a chilling wind carried with it more fear. Fear that more would come. "NO more please." a soldier begged impulsively. They couldn't handle more, only the driver remained silent, his left hand had disappeared inside a tunic pocket. while the other right hand still held the reins.

"Care fer sum leaf's ta smoke, calms the nerve's?" the driver eventually said in a rather casual manner as if nothing was happening around them, even slowing down the reins to make sure the lord would be comfortable. Sounds indicating that he had started chewing some himself.

Already the remaining soldiers made slight movement to accept his offer, anything to take the edge off. They where almost like starving men looking for meat to stave of the hunger.

(OOC: character development, accept the hand +darkside points. Refuse, and loose a huge opportunity to gain a valuable allie for your serendipity conquest. He might even become your enemy. Who knows how Eid will react.

Accept the leaf and take the edge off, +renegade point's. You did take the edge off but at what cost?

and when is Sir.Stevens coming back how will he react? )

Anonymous

The figures Scott was seeing outside of the window seemed to disappear, a slight cold breeze suddenly intruding his ear. Everything turned silent, yet a whisper could be heard as he gazed lifelessly out of the window. 'Ravenfrost' as a first word triggered his mind, projecting an instant memory of Eid mentioning the name, yet he was unable to remember any other part of the sentence it belonged to.

The whisper was making him a good offer, a faster, safer and more pleasant journey, all in exchange for the pesky dragon that had been bothering him ever since her arrival. This lord Ravenfrost didn't sound all that bad to him, a small twinkle appearing in his eye along with a slight smirk, he definitely enjoyed the thought of having Dianatia removed from the carriage.

Within the carriage in front of him, a glove of the finest silk reached out to shake his hands. As he lifted his hand to reach out for it he felt a hesitation in his heart, a worry, for this person he despised ever since the very beginning. He wondered what it would be that would happen to her, were he to hand her over.

Suddenly he remembered, ever since the very beginning she had told this lord was after Eid, yet the whisper had told him the interests of the lord extended to her only. Could it be she was lying? Yes. She lied all along, planning from the very beginning to have Eid eliminate her foes for her, he concluded. Yet he wondered, why was it she didn't do it herself? If this powerful of a dragon wasn't able to fend for herself, then.. would Eid be capable of doing so?  

All this thinking was tiring his mind and focus, making him lose time. Time, it was time spooking through his head, returning his focus to the one thing so very important to him; business. 'I've already lost enough time' he thought to himself raising his hand again, his mind overpowering the unease of his heart. "She means nothing to me" he whispered, his face determined as ever giving the hand a firm yet elegant shake.

Anonymous

Reym watched the men reach for the driver's offering, but made no move toward it himself. For him, the choice was easy, as hard as the constant mental abuse from the creatures surrouding them may be, he was far more afraid of letting his head be clouded in a moment of danger. He was raised to shun reliance on anything but himself in a crisis, and could act in no other way.

The men were on the verge of panic so he said nothing to stop them, despite thinking it a foolish choice. If he thought about it, he may have seized on the moment to take command of these men and direct them properly with their leaders missing, but he was too used to acting independantly. The idea didn't occur to him.

Instead, he turned his thoughts to the driver's words, gritting his teeth. Magic! Of course it would have to be magic! A lazy way to solve problems. He hated the thought of it! ...but clearly physical attacks did not even phase these monsters. Reym hated to use anything other than his own muscles to get himself out of trouble, but this time, he was not the only one in danger. With a heavy sigh. He moved to the front and held his hands out before him, concentrating hard.

This was something of a relic of his youth. From before he knew what magic really was or had formed his opinions on it. Just a small spell they'd use at play with the other kits. It wouldn't do much, it didn't even require spoken words to cast, but it was the only weapon he had, and he needed to do something. "Light magic? Let's see what it can do," he growled, as he willed it to ignite.

A bright white flare leapt up from his clawed hands, dancing in place almost like a flame as he had difficulty keeping it formed due to lack of experience. Its range wasn't far, and it wasn't that strong, but if he could just scare them back from the carriage, perhaps they could get out of this nightmare before losing anyone else.

Anonymous

Bathed within the light he could see their true form's, rotting soul's of ancient warriors twisted in hatred and anger lashing out at his white flame before retreating back into the circle of now black smoke that was surrounding them, only this time they formed a dome over the carriage as well. He could see them like grotesque living statues of men in their moment's of death, swimming and crying, sulking and shrieking with mortifying wound's or blueish, greenish rot from drowning or dying of cold.

Then the insides of the carriage lit up and the world grew dark even with Reym'ath's light. The silence, astounding. Horses put to an instant halt as they stared right into a wall of square Onyx stone.

It was but a small part of a great dark hall, with pillar's and purple silk everywhere kept lit by a giant ball, a wild fairy hive. "Welcome home lad's!" The driver shouted expectantly. Eyes twinkling purple within Reym-athathath's light. Growing in size while basking within the holy light from his fingers, his facade starting to shimmer off. The men who had eaten his leaf's jumped off the carriage on Que as if possessed. "You might as well conform and wait it out, no need ter attack me."

Then the carriage door flung open, Dianatia tossed unconsciously on the ground as a sack of potatoes, carried off by a small army of skeleton warriors, their bone's white as ghost's with hollow faces and loosely fitting leather gear.

The slight scent of ash intruding into their nose as the butler strode out, inviting his lord to exit in turn.

Inside the carriage

At first nothing happened, both parties enjoying their handshake to certain extent, Bony finger's gently caressing the lord's more childlike one's. "The lord is most pleased with your decision and welcomes you to a short visit to his home where you shall meet in person before he sends you straight to your appointed place in Serendipity. He promises that time is on your side."

Dianatia coughed up a piece of cake, her face paler than a vampire's. She had instantly recognized the voice and as a slight spinning motion had set the carriage to a halt and change of scenery, angry reptilian eyes flashing with magic and fear turned their attention towards the impudent child, about to burn him to cinder's as Eid reacted involuntarily.

It was another one of his basic automated servant reaction's and Eid had to do it to protect his client. The smell of Dianatia's fuming hatred and desire to kill this child filling every inch of this car.

Time slowing down as the butler sprang up, putting his right foot forward with all his weight while the sound of his left arm muscle's tensing up, tearing up his clothes by moving forward with something akin to the speed of light as a small explosion sent his fist diving for her chin.  

Yellow eyes twinkling wet with regret. He had suspected it ever since that voice appeared that his lordship had fallen for Ravenfrost's persuasive skill.

His first strike snapped the humanoid dragons head backwards, sending her to dreamland instantly while the smell of ash rose up within the carriage. Hurriedly wiping what tear's he had cried for her sake before tossing her out of an already opened door.

Back to his professional self, changing shirt with as much speed as humanly possible with his back turned towards the lord. "Please forgive this incident. I had grown so much into my future that i forgot my past. The entire situation strained me emotionally and rendered me unable to make a decision between my former client and my present client. I'd fully understand it if you wish for another butler but for now, you have a lord to visit."

He swiftly departed the carriage, not awaiting any answer's. He had known the lord, done everything right since he had been hired. The lord was not that stupid nor whimsical enough as to fire him for this small of an error.

What hit him at first was the smell of moist, mountain air. A stunning sight worthy of a castle hall and the undertone of death. The silence within the hall was only interrupted by their presence. Everything was cold, yet waves of warmth were lashing the cold away.

The driver jumped of the carriage, his appearance had slightly changed since last time. So faithful had he been. Served like his father had for over 12 year's yet now one would think that the son had never existed. "His lordship waits impatiently within the main hall." Pointing almost next to the carriage, towards a huge doorway, the same one used by the skeletal group carrying Dianatia.

Anonymous

The hand Scott was shaking was slightly bony to the touch, a surprising and new thing for him for he had only shaken soft, tender and firm hands in his life. It was as if he returned back to reality when shaking the hand, returning from the trance he was in. Just when all had turned sharp Eid knocked out Dianatia in the blink of an eye, sending her straight in the arms of a skeletal group who carried her towards destination.

Eid apologized to the young lord, even though if Eid hadn't mentioned it, it wouldn't have even been noticeable to him for he had been in trance. The butler departed the carriage, Scott catching up with him for he was also anxious to meet this Lord of high stature.

He walked beside his butler through the long hall, following wherever the skeletons were carrying Dianatia. At least, one of the guards remained with the carriage, protecting the fortune inside which Scott was planning to spend on building his company. It was a pretty big issue to leave his carriage in the hands of mere guards like that, for they could choose to betray him and depart with carriage, treasure and all. The life of a businessman was full of risks, like the one Scott was making now, and the one his father had made entrusting him the insane fortune needed.