Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lost Angel [open]

Started by Anonymous, September 06, 2009, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

'ugh...how long has it been scince I last slept? ...Where am I, anyway..?'
    Oliver opened his eyes, and found himself sitting on the side of a street. His large, white, birdlike wings were folded neatly behind him. He remembered why he was here. 'Ah, so this is La'marri...I seem to have dozed off...'
He swept his gaze over the passerbys. He appeared to be studying them. A little child, walking by, pointed and excitedly said, "Mommy! Look! An angel!" His mother shook her head, smiling, and guided the child away. As the little boy eyed him with bright, curious eyes, he thought about that. 'Angel...? I wonder what that is?'
He returned his focus on the people. His stare wasn't cold; but just rather unsettling. A long golden staff lay behind him, almost hidden.

Anonymous

Libby roamed around the town ones more, only to look if any of the commoners walking there had any appealing items. In her search for anything nice she couldn't help but spot Oliver's white wings, how she would love to have one of those.

She approached without second thought and ran up to him, sitting down beside him. "Hi, I'm Libby!" she said with a big smile, quickly shaking his hand while already losing attention to the stranger, all she had eye for were the wings which she studied curiously. It wasn't until she bent to see the back when she spotted an even more appealing object, a golden staff!

"Whoa..." was all she could say as she stared at it with her mouth opened.

Anonymous

Oliver looked up quickly, and said nothing as she ran up and said her name was Libby. He appeared confused as she shook his hand. Some kind of odd...human..practice? Then, he saw her staring at his wings. Then at the staff. As she gaped at it, he took it in his hands and laid it accross his lap. He realized that she wanted the staff. He didn't show it, but he thought that was very amusing, for the staff could never be stolen from him. It would allways find its way back to him. He studied her curiously, Not speaking a word.

Anonymous

She smiled at him again as he took the staff away from her sight onto his lap. Her big eyes stared at him as if she were a puppy begging for food. "Where did you get that?" she said obviously talking about the staff, her hand secretly sneaking behind his back for she still wanted those wings as well.

"The staff.." she said blinking her eyes. The excitement went through here whole body, as always when she was planning how to steal something. Her hand wrapped around the beginning of one of the wings, she pulled it softly only to find out it was rather stuck to the other's body.

Anonymous

He looked at the staff and a wave of sadness went accross his face, but it dissapeared as quickly as it had come. He said nothing about the staff. He felt the soft pull on his wing. 'She apparently thinks it's not attatched...'
Out of reflex, both the wings spred themselves slightly. He looked at her with slight amusement. He looked at the staff, then at her, and sighed.

Anonymous

She felt a little intimidated and surprised as the wings spread slightly, she backed away a little and stared at him. She saw Oliver looking back and forth between her and the staff, followed by a sigh.

"A-are you okay?" she blinked, glad that he wasn't angry at her for pulling his wing.

Anonymous

Oliver re-folded his wings quickly when she backed away, and shrugged when she asked if he was okay. He rolled up his sleeve and revealed a deep gash on his arm. He left that sleeve rolled up and reached into his pocket. He pulled out some gold dust in a small pouch, and handed it to her, looking away.

Anonymous

Libby stared at the wound in amazement, only to have him throw a small pouch at her. She greedily opened it, only to see glistering gold dust inside. "Thank you!" she said with a big smile, this would go perfect with her collection! But when she looked back at him she couldn't meet his eyes.

"Hello?" she said moving closer to the silent boy. "Pleaaaaah!!!" she said loudly, sticking out her face while making a weird face using her hands. Sure, it was a rather weird thing to do, especially when meeting someone for the first time, but she wasn't a 100% normal to be accurate.

Anonymous

As she made an odd face and yelled some kind of weird noise, Oliver looked surprised. He moved away when she went closer, out of habit. He almost lost his balance and flapped his wings slightly to help get back up. Suddenly, he had a very sad expression, and stared into her eyes, studying. 'She reminds me of brother when he was little..'

Anonymous

The sad expression on the other's face was more then clear to her, she could feel it pierce through her heart imprinting a worried expression on her own.

"Are you okay..?" she said frowning slightly and reached out to him with her hand. "You haven't even told me your name.."

Anonymous

He blinked slowly at her, and looked into the distace. He held up the staff, which had his name carved in script on it.
Oliver Quick.
His expression hadn't changed, and he sighed deeply. Without much notice, he took her hand, examined it, holding it so delicatly as if it were a fine piece of china. He set her hand down next to him, and looked at her again. Now, there was a hint of regret there, as if he shared his sad feelings more that he intended to.

Anonymous

The staff caught her attention ones more as Oliver looked into the distance, she could read a name on it. He then took her hand and treated it delicately. "Why.. don't you talk..?" she said frowning, slightly touched by the way he treated her hand and looked at her. "You look so sad... Is that your name, Oliver quick?" she said suddenly subject hopping from something serious like deep emotion, onto something insignificant like a name.

Anonymous

He nodded at the question about the name, then looked at her, then away again. He shifted, then seemed like he was about to say something. Then, he reached for her hand. He hesitated, and looked at her as if for permission to touch her hand again.

Anonymous

She blinked in surprise and blushed a bit at the other's uncertainty. She sat in front of him on her knees and reached offered him her other hands as well. "Why don't you talk.. Oliver?" she asked confused, never before had she met such an interesting mysterious figure.

Anonymous

He looked rather contented when she offered her hands, and held them once again ever so delicatly. His other sad expression returned, and he looked down. In a very soft, rather deep voice, he said so quietly it was barely a whisper, "..my brother....he...d-.." He looked into her eyes with the unmistakable sadness of someone who has lost someone very close to them.

Anonymous

Tears filled her eyes as she could feel his unbearable pain, dropping one over her right cheek as she started to shake slightly.

Libby wasn't used to sad feelings at all, for life had always been one big party for her. She didn't even realize how important her parents were to her, so having this intensive compassion for this boy was rather upsetting for her emotions.

Anonymous

He, when she began to cry, looked stunned that someone would actually cry about his problems. He quickly leaned over and hugged her gently, saying in his soft voice, not louder that last time, "no...don't cry for me...i'm not worth it...my emotions mean nothing."

Anonymous

A thrill of warmth waved over her body at the hug and goosebumps popped up all over her body at his voice, feeling her body weaken in his arms. She however managed to dry her eyes with her fists and swallow before she answered. "I.. I don't understand.."

Anonymous

Oliver, still hugging her, closed his eyes and said, "you don't understand what...?"
He inhaled deeply, trying to make himself not show his emotion any longer. However, he failed, and his sadness was still evident on his face. He pulled away from her and returned to holding her hands.

Anonymous

Libby's cheeks were flushed, giving color to her face as she stared at him. "I.. I!" she said, trying to figure out what it was exactly that she was trying to say.

The truth was she never really had any friends, people usually didn't like her because she was different, not to mention the friends she lost because she couldn't help stealing their fascinating items.

She never really cared though, she was too naive and easily satisfied to be burdened by emotional distress, yet with this boy it seemed different. "Do you want to do something fun!" she said spontaneously. It was all she could really think of as she couldn't bare seeing the sadness anymore.