Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The rose's thorn (closed)

Started by Anonymous, September 06, 2009, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Amber Kazuki limped along the path. She was breathing heavily, and competed against her injuries to remain upright. She clutched a metal stick in her bloodstained hands, aiding her somewhat in her struggle. Her entire body was covered in cuts and bruises; her left arm was barely attatched. Despite the hinderance, despite the looks of people passing by, their ignorant comments, she pushed on. Leaving a trail of blood behind her, she stopped at the side of a curve of the path to rest. She sighed deeply and wished she hadn't gotten into that fight. Her clothes were in tatters, they clung to her body, wet with blood.

Anonymous

The forest was a quiet place. A place for him to relax. It was a place where the wild was dominant, not man. Saeilith sighed as he stared into the sky through the trees high above him. It was quiet . . . perfect for someone like him. Silent, at least, for the most part. The clouds moved along the sky, at times blocking out the sun, but the bright ball always returned.

"Time to go back." Saeilith muttered quietly, and stood from where he had been on his back, watching the sky. He dusted himself off when he saw her. At first Sael thought he was dreaming. But soon it became clear to him that he was not. His bright red eyes widened, the girl, woman, whatever, was bleeding!

Anonymous

Amber's head snapped up at the sound of a person moving. She looked over at the guy and stood back up, once again clutching the metal pole for balance. She began to limp away, figuring it was just another annoying passerby that wanted to irritate her. She lost her balance and tripped. She fell to her knees, breathing heavily. She hoped he had no intention to hurt her. She could barely walk anymore. She attempted to get up again, and fell back down, on her stomach this time. She still tried to move, determined, and failed. She stared ahead at nothing, cursing her circumstances.

Anonymous

She was definately hurt. Bad. Saeilith almost unknowingly took a step forward when the young woman feel over, onto her hands and knees. Sael grimaced and quickly glanced around to make sure no one was chasing her before jogging over to her just to see her feeble attempt to try to get up. It ended in failure as she fell completely flat and cursed at something, or at her own position. She was not completely human, Saeilith could tell, but he had an urge to help her, he felt . . . compelled.

Sighing again, he carefully lifted the strange woman into his arms and walked over to where the ground was covered in grass, and did not seem too lumpy or filled with insects or rocks. He muttered as he worked, ripping some of his outer jacket to bandage some of the wounds that seemed worse then others. After looking over her leg, he knew he couldn't do anything about it. With slight grimace, he fell onto his bottom and leaned against a large rock and waited to see what happened after this.

Anonymous

She felt all so confused when the man walked over. She let herself go limp as he walked over and helped her. She didn't expect that-as she rarely had anyone ever even touch her. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. She sighed, and said, "you didn't have to do that..."
She thought about her sister, and how she hated her so much. She did these terrible things to her. Yet, Amber was not strong enough to kill her. It frustrated her to no end.

Anonymous

Saeilith had been thinking hard about how to help her when the words jolted him from his thoughts. It was true, he did not HAVe to help her, but no one said that he couldn't help someone in trouble. He was always helping others, and getting himself into trouble, it was a wonder that as a noble, he was still alive.

"No, I didn't." Sael said softly. "But I wanted to."

He left it at that. If she wanted to explain why she was how she was, she could, but he need to help her, and he did not really know how. He would bet his money that this person did not want to be taken to a doctor, but he did not know.

"You need help," Saeilith said, a bit uncomfortable with talking so much. "Should I retrieve a doctor? Or if that is out of the question, I can carry you back to my camp for you to rest a bit then we could discuss this later?"

Anonymous

Amber had not met a caring person in so long, his words surprised her. When he asked if she wanted to be treated by a doctor or go rest, she said, "Going to the camp sounds nice.." Then, she looked determined to do something.  She appeared to be gathering her little strength, and flung herself upright. She wavered for a second, then said, "I'll walk." A tiny voice in her head was yelling at her, 'What ARE you doing? You can't walk..' She sighed. "Thank you much, stranger."

Anonymous

"Camp it is then." Saeilith said quietly. "The name is Saeilith Eideun, nice to meet you." He had begun to gather his things when he heard what she had said. She was going to walk. On a leg that looked like it was going to fall off! His head snapped to the girl and gaped. She had gotten to her feet! This was not good. By the looks of her leg, if she walked to much, she might lose it all together!

"I'm not trying to kill off your resolve there, but if you walk too much on . . . that leg there, you could be in serious trouble." Saeilith said, concern laced his voice, he could not believe he was going through this much trouble for one person. Then again, he did this a lot. Help people. This was no exception.

Anonymous

Amber looked questioningly at him when he said that her leg would fall off. He shrugged, stepped foreward, and said, "Ah, no it isn't. I've been through worse...by the way, where is the camp of yours?" Her expression was as though nothing had happened; as if her leg were completly normal.

Anonymous

Oh boy ho. Saeilith paled slighty and pointed toward the north. "I'll take you there." He started off toward his camp and sighed again. "Are you sure? I can carry you, or at least help . . ." He paused. She would never let someone help her. Obviously against her nature. She was strong willed, he had to say. He felt very unlucky at that moment. More then he felt for a long time. He really wanted to help, but she didn't want it.

Anonymous

She frowned, and stopped walking for a moment. "On the other hand..." She looked at him again and sighed. "Eh, I'm being difficult. Its just...when you spend all your time fighting, you find it hard to trust people, if you understand." She went over to him, and said simply, "You can carry me if you want to."

Anonymous

Straight to the point. She was definately straight to the point. The way she just said it so matter of factly, it kind of caught him in a strange position. Or not really, it just made his face turn a bit red. "Yes, I know what you mean, when you have someone to fight . . . " He left it at that. Sael backtracked so he was in a position to pick her up and hold her in a cradle like position. His arms looked as if they did not know where to go. Saeilith mentally slapped himself and carefully picked her up and began walking toward camp.

"I have introduced myself," Saeilith said, heaving only slightly as he carried her, though his face was red, but also not from carrying her. "But you have not, you are?"

Anonymous

She let herself go limp, not caring how she was held. She looked slightly amused at his redness. When he asked her name, she replied, "Amber." She did not mention her last name, for it was often associated with her horrible sister. She did not wish to admit being related to her.

Anonymous

He knew that she knew. Redness was not that hard to tell. He failed miserably to hide it. He finally reached the clearing at which his camp was set. He was greatful to be able to set Amber down on his bed. He unconciouslly touched his left eye patch and quickly removed it, hoping Amber did not see it. He did not like telling people of what happened to it, and if its power.

"Amber. That is a nice name." Sael smiled, first time toady. "It may sound a bit rude, but what exactly are you?" he reddened even more, for asking a girl like her a question like that, but he knew she was most likely going to answer it. "Sorry, you don't have to answer that."

Anonymous

Amber looked off into the distance when he asked what she was. "Ah, it's ok...I get asked such things often." She said quieter, "and more often, shunned for it.."
She looked to be in deep thought, and said, "...because these injuries aren't exactly the type you get by tripping over rocks, you're probabaly wondering where these wounds came from, huh? "

Anonymous

Now he felt bad. Sael cursed himself and bit his lower lip. What was strange though, was that he felt an urge to hug her, to comfort her. It was strange, his body wanted to comfort her, but his mind felt incredibly uncomfortable. His hands twitched while his body jerked a slight bit before he got it under control, just before his hands reached forward. He looked at the sun high above, his face red. "Oh, I am sorry . . ." Sael whispered. " I . . . yes . . . I am wondering where you recieved those wounds." A sudden fire lit in his right eye. "Because I am going to kill them."

Anonymous

Her tails lashed from side to side for a moment as the thought of her sister crossed her mind. She listened without much emotion until he said the last part. She froze, and her head snapped up to look at him. "Kill her..?" Her eyes lit with the rage she felt twords her evil sister. "A task which should have been completed long ago, the first time she did this to me..." Her eyes widened for a moment, as though she had revealed more than she wanted to.

Anonymous

Saeilith seemed to catch something when she spoke, as if she wanted to do it herself, even though whoever it was had already done so much damage to Amber. He sighed. "You know her then?" It was something he already knew. He nodded slightly to himself. "I can say that you probably want to do it yourself then? I would."

He finally did something against everything he had been taught. He hugged her tightly, someone who he had just met. Even if she was to kill him, he did not care, he was to caring himself to care for his own life. "Let me help."

Anonymous

She stared into the distance again, rather pained expression on her face. She closed her eyes, and when he hugged her, her eyes opened wide, out of being surprised. She was very still for a second, then moved her arms to hug him as well. She sighed deeply and said, "okay..and as for the woman who did this to me.." She swallowed, and said, "She's my...sister."

Anonymous

"Your . . . sister?!" Saeilith exclaimed, releasing the hug gently. "Why would your sister do this to do." He paused. "On second thought, why are you guys fighting?" It was a question that he wondered, the answer. He wanted to know why this was happening. A kiss. One kiss. His body was doing it again. He would not let in this time, he could not kiss her, he would not.

"Ah, you remind me of a fox, you know?" Saeilith said, his voice halting, and his faced reddened again. "Ah, sorry, I think I am falling for you . . ."

He quickly backed away a few feet and groaned at what he had just said.