Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

a girl, gold and a green dragon. oh my! [Charcoal]

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2009, 05:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Where is that you were heading? What will you do about the basilisk...? What's so great about your map? Have you been here before?"

"I...uhhh...."

It had been a long time since Eric had been bombarded with so many questions, particularly about himself. He thought up the best answer he could in such a short period of time.

"I was heading to Arca, just wandering really. The basilisk was just excess baggage I happened to stumble upon...As for the map, its just kinda special to me, nothing really spectacular about it."
Eric responded, lying through his teeth about the map. He assumed it would not matter: only pretty powerful elementalists like him could use the map without heavy concentration.

The answer to the last question, If he had been here before, he was rather hesitant to answer.

"Well...not really, no." he said, lying through his teeth

Part of him wanted to tell Sherry that he had indeed been here, but he figured it would have been best not to: If he told her he had, she would have asked why, which was a subject he was most definitely not comfortable discussing at the moment...

It had personal ramifications from his long past that he himself was not quite ready to face, much less discuss it with someone he just met. With that, he simply continued to follow Sherry, hoping she would not pursue the matter further. If Eric's hunch about Sherry was right, he was sure that she would understand his hesitation to speak on such matters as the past one day...

((OOC: sorry its short, ive been busy and stressed lately -_-))

Anonymous

((Sorry to hear, hope you get un-stressed soon
and no pressur eon posting.. :) ))

Zayna raised an eyebrow at him over her shoulder, but continued to walk on and say nothing. They were at the foothills of the mountain in question, and her expression had taken on a rare somber appearance. Her hand reached forward and pressed against the warm rock, only just beginning to heat up against the Morning sun. The surface was rather hard and jagged under her supple skin. But the barest of touches that she brushed along the serrated edges were not so much in appreciation of the texture but rather in search of a deeper resonance that came from the heart of the natural structure. The wail of the chasms far below. The tainted waters.

Her brow furrowed as she came to a stop before a crack in the sedimentary wall; and her fingers lingered at the trace of a gap that shaped a hollow scar in the vertical dimension. There were tunnels under this mountain, the slight draft that played at the mouth of the cut was proof enough of the fact. The aquatic voices that whispered to her, though all too real in themselves, would probably not make a very viable explanation disclosed. She brought her mouth closer to the divide, and held her breath against the tainted stench that lingered within.

"I'm coming, my dearies." she whispered as some sort of solace before standing back again. The crevice was too narrow for human passage but she was certain it was hollow and awaiting beyond. And this was where her current henchman came in.

Turning to him, she hooked her thumb over her shoulder motioning to him in that particular direction. "By all means, Master Eric, Make yourself useful."