Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stubborn little girl! (Xphyre)

Started by Anonymous, September 25, 2009, 09:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"No. I won't do it."
Electra pouted, glaring upward at her equally frustrated father. "I ask you to do just one thing, and you refuse." She stuck her tounge out at him. "Shut UP, Daddy!" Her father picked her up and held her out infront of him, glaring into her eyes. "Don't you disrespect me like that." She kicked and yelled, "Mommy never was mean to me!" Her father flinched, and put her down quickly. "Don't speak of her." She yelled, "Why?! You never talk about her. She just suddenly dissapeared one day and you had blood on your clothes. What happened to her, daddy?" Her father, angered, put her in a box. She exclaimed, "What is this?" He growled, "Figure out how to get out of that box, because i'm not taking you out of there." He walked off. She, after yelling things a young child should not be yelling, calmed down a bit and tried to find a way out. After a while, she just sat and stared at the top of the box. "What am I going to do now...?"

Xphy

The best thing about travel was that it gave you a lot of time to think and relax. At least that's how Celie felt about it anyway. Over the years she had travelled to almost every corner of Adela, and she could honestly say that there were very few places that compared to being on the road. She just found the peacefulness of nature to be very comforting, even with the potential of being attacked by bandits and wild animals.

Currently she was making her way through the Draconi Forest on horseback, en route toward a small village where she planned to stop for the night. However as she rode along she came across something very peculiar. It was a large wooden box just sitting there beneath a tree on the side of the dirt path with no one else around to possibly claim it. From what she could tell the box couldn't possibly have fallen off of a wagon. If it had it would have been in the middle of the road, not on the side. Not to mention if a box that size had fallen to the ground there was no way the driver wouldn't have heard it.

How strange.

When her horse rode up next it she quickly dismounted and walked over to get a better look at the box. Normally she wouldn't have done so, but there was just something about it that had sparked her curiosity. She just couldn't figure out why anyone would leave a box in a place like this.

Anonymous

Electra was sitting in the box, wondering what to do. She had no ideas. She sighed. 'Daddy, you're so mean..' she thought bitterly. He had never been really nice to her, and after her mother's dissapearence, he got worse. Suddenly, she heard the sound of someone approaching. She pushed her memories aside and listened. She could think of only one thing to do. Scince she was stubborn, she usually wouldn't ask for help, but it was dark in this box. "Hey! Help!"
She hoped that the traveler was kind enough to help her, and not going to hurt her. She glared at the side of the box.

Xphy

The child's voice suddenly calling out from the box had really caught Celie by surprise. The last thing she expected to be inside had been a person let alone a young child. What kind of despicable individual would actually go as far as to leave a child trapped inside of a box in the middle of the forest? Surely the child couldn't have accidentally trapped herself in the wooden box, at least not this kind of box anyway. Who knows what could've happened to the girl if she hadn't just happened to be passing by. She could've starved to death, or even have been taken by bandits.

After carefully looking over the box once more she mentally asked a few of her butterflies to form a blade and cut open the top of box. "Are you alright?" She asked the little girl sitting inside as her butterflies returned to their normal form, fluttering back toward their mistress. "You aren't hurt, are you?" The girl didn't seem to be hurt, but Celie felt it better to ask anyway. She had no idea what kind of ordeal the girl had gone through after all.

Anonymous

Electra looked up at her, greatly releived to see light again. She nodded and got out of the box. She looked around cautiously for her father, but she had a feeling he wasn't anywhere nearby. She smiled thankfully at the woman that had saved her. "Thank you for getting me out of the box. Daddy put me in there, and i don't think  he's coming back. But I don't know, sometimes he  comes back, sometimes he dissapears." She sighed. The light was good. She looked up through the trees at the sky. "Who are you, anyway?" she asked.

Xphy

Her father? The girl had actually been locked up in the box by her own father, and from the sounds of things this hadn't been the first time either. Something was definitely wrong here. She couldn't possibly just leave this girl alone; not in the care of this man. Then again she couldn't act to hastily. If she took this girl with her it would technically be kidnapping. She needed more information.

"I am just a traveler. My name is Celie.  Might I have your name as well?" She replied to the girl's question, still examining her physical condition. She had made it a habit of hers not to tell people her full name or who she was because it often affected how they treated her. "Also can you tell me about this father of yours?"

Anonymous

Electra tilted her head. "My name is Electra. My father is annoying. He yells at me, and when I talk about mommy, he puts me in a box." She didn't appear to be bothered by it much, just kind of annoyed. "He trains me for fighting. One day i'm going to be all strong and powerful!" She grinned.