Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

About A Rose

Started by Anadwen, February 17, 2014, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

The crescent moon shone upon the sky like a lantern, bathing the roofs of Ketra in soft silver light. In the warmth of a summer's night, many people were wandering through the streets even at such a late hour as this...

But none knew the roads of the darkness that lead above their heads. A silent shadow leaped from one rooftop onto another, searching through the nigh with vary eyes, glinting like metal. Aldanith knew very well why he was here.

A sole purpose which has driven him for months.

There will be blood...

He narrowed his eyes, and peered into the distance. He wasn't too far from where he should have been. The task given to him was simple - find a particular other assassin, and kill her. Simple, yet satisfying for him. The payment was good, but he didn't care one bit about that. He wanted to see blood, and feel it upon his hands. That was all.

With silent steps, he moved forth, hidden under the cover of the darkness. He was confident in what he was doing, without any fear... The night would hide him.

zozee9

Rora wandered through some of the emptier streets of Ketra, wondering how exactly she was going to go about killing another assassin. When you're in the business of murder, you learn to be wary of others. You learn not to trust. You learn to look out for things that seem like traps. There are two main ways to strike as an assassin: either with speed, which she did occasionally, or with cunningness and careful planning, which was her more common plan. She didn't even know what kind of killer Aldanith was supposed to be... but if he was a speed assassin, it would be hard for her to win that way.

She was fast. She was silent. She was stealthy. But she wasn't the best—and she knew it. She had to rely more on her magic than her physical abilities, and that would make it nearly impossible to kill him if he caught her trying to sneak up on him. While her persona was somewhat well known in the underground world, her looks were not. Most people didn't know how her magic worked... they just knew the end results. But because of that, it was possible that she'd be able to use her magic on him without him realizing just what was happening.

Rora's eyepatch was off—it was night, after all. Plus, she had been told that he'd be on the rooftops. Though that seemed like quite an odd place to find someone, she could do nothing except believe the information she was given. And when her left eye caught a glimpse of someone jumping through the rooftops far away, she chuckled to herself. Such an odd man she'd be killing.

At this point, Rora had hatched a plan... and she felt it was worth trying. He was an assassin, meaning he probably had close to no morals. And what sort of moral-less, murdering, mature man didn't take advantage of a helpless woman? Lurking in the shadows of the buildings, Rora pulled off her cape and threw it aside. She could pick it up later. She then pulled her dagger out from her thigh (she had it tied there, under her dress) and made some rips in her dress. Some seemingly innocent ones, some a little more scandalous. Under some of the bigger rips, she actually put thin cuts into her skin. Rora then put the dagger back away and pulled some of her hair out of her bun, giving it a messy and falling apart look. Finally, she took a few deep breaths and started crying. It was time to act.

By this point, she figured he'd almost be close enough to see and hear her. Running out into the streets, Rora bawled and screamed, "Is anyone out there?! Anyone?!" The streets were empty, leaving no chance for some stranger to find her. Just the assassin. "Please, you must help me!"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Anadwen

Aldanith stopped at the sound of a woman's cry. He didn't have the time to bother, but the opportunity of corpse-loot was just too tempting... She sounded distressed, but something in her voice was odd. He was suspicious about this.

He leaned over the rooftop in a way where he could see her, but would remain hidden from her eyes, and saw her figure down in the street... A curvy, well-defined woman. His keen eyes caught the crimson of her hair, loosely tied in a bun, and her ripped dress. She matched the description of Rora he has received... He was lucky. This must have been her.

He didn't know much about her, but she seemed fairly different from him. Not someone that would rely on physical strength... Or speed. She must be using magic, or other means of combat, then. He made up a plan very fast.

She was exposed, not showing any armour. He was guarded well, covered in plates of leather and metal, and he had a deadly weapon other than his knives. He knelt down on the roof, and clenched his fingers around the edge of the roof. Seven pieces of metal clinked softly upon touching it, and the remaining three were completely silent. His lips twisted into a grin, as he knew exactly what brutal fate he has prepared for her...

One of his hands arose. He tilted his head aside as he first pointed at her, then in a series of slow, flowing motions created a ring of black flames around her. Soon, she should be twisting on the ground and screaming in pain, feeling how her bones turn open and leave her skin.

zozee9

Rora screamed out in pain as fire surrounded her. She felt as if her bones were being torn out of their places and pressed against her skin. Her eyes grew wider as she realized that he had probably meant to tear them right out of her body...

Tears kept streaming down her face, partially from the pain and partially from her act. Did he know she was sent their to kill him? It was unlikely. Maybe he was just looking to loot her corpse... or maybe he was simply a maniacal killer. In fact, that last one seemed the most likely. She had no bag, no jewelry (except her earrings), nothing that looked worthy to loot. Meaning he wanted one thing and one thing only: to get the thrill of the kill.

Or so she was hoping.

Clenching her fists so tight that she would be bleeding if it wasn't for her special skin, Rora looked up at him with desperate eyes. He'd want to stare into them. To see her suffering. But while he was staring at her act, she was sending one word into his head. Boring.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Anadwen

Aldanith's smirk turned to a gasp as he heard her message in his head. Beneath the mask he wore, he barred his teeth and growled. Boring? Boring? This was boring?

Then he realized something was odd about her. The spell should have already torn her ribs out, spilling her guts around the ground, and yet it has not yet broken her skin... He would have to think of a different strategy.

Forced to drop the spell due to his strength running out, he leaped down from the roof, and landed on his bent feet. He'd get rid of her with his blades, if he would have to. Bloodstorm and Frostdeath screeched as he unsheathed them, screeched with the sound of clashing iron, and glinted before his dark silhouette. The backstreet was a dead end, and he was amid the only way out.

He was slowly stepping forth. The mask sled off his mouth, revealing a devilish, sharp-toothed grin, though the upper part of it, which covered his cheekbones, nose, and forehead, still hid him in the shadows.

"Aren't you going to run away, sweetheart?" he asked, revealing a surprisingly melodic, beautiful voice, so contrasting with the dark image that was revealed before her.

zozee9

Rora gasped as the spell broke and fell onto her knees. She was tempted to throw up, but it would be against her own pride. She had experienced pain before, of course, but a stealthy assassin like her didn't get hurt often. Especially by wounds she couldn't even see. That was supposed to be her expertise.

She looked up at the knives with wide eyes and screamed. She fell backwards onto her butt and looked at him with horror. Her body was shaking. From his viewpoint, it should look like it was from fright. But in reality, it was excitement. There were so many options of what she could do... it thrilled her just thinking about it. This seemed like it would be a fight to the death, and she planned on enjoying every second of it.

Stuttering, Rora knew she couldn't completely turn her acted character around. She still had to play the poor, frightened, lost girl. But that didn't mean she couldn't give her a little bit of an edge. Stuttering, she quickly responded, "W-w-wait! You're just here for b-b-blood right? It's okay, it's okay. I understand." Shaking her own head, she added, "Running is useless. R-r-right? You'd just kill me. So at least let me live h-ha-happily first! I... I like blood too." Throwing him a nervous smile, Rora showed her fangs. The excitement of this encounter had caused them to come out. "Won't you let me drink first? I p-promise it doesn't hurt. It'll feel even b-b-better than sex..." She looked up at him with her big, different colored, teary eyes, this time sending the feel of desire to him. If it went through strong enough, hopefully it would persuade him to let her bite.

Anadwen

Aldanith shook his head. "No. I am sorry... But I have a single purpose here, you know? And it's a pretty one, to assure you. Come closer, it will be fun... It'll feel good, I promise you." he said, gesturing her to come closer. She'd break those fangs on his armour, or on the iron of his left arm...

He was tempted to let her bite him, let her taste his blood, but dismissed the idea as stupid. He was there for the kill, not physical pleasures. And she was afraid... The best kills are when the victim is terrified.

The flames preceded his slow steps, creeping up to her. They would eventually reach her, and start consuming her flesh, as cold and hot at once as if fire and ice would embrace her. They couldn't harm him, who walked straight through them, their master, spinning his blades around. His armour would shield him from her strikes...

He couldn't wait to lay her hands on her, to break her, to rip her to pieces.

zozee9

Rora was tempted to dash towards him and bite his lips, as if she had to much lust to do otherwise. She would have as well, if it wasn't for those daggers he was holding. She wasn't confident enough that she'd be able escape before he realized what happened... after all, while the ecstatic feeling might distract him for a few seconds, he should have enough training to snap back to reality quickly.

That meant she had to go with another plan. It seemed like it was time for Little Miss Innocent to disappear. A vicious smile appeared on Rora's face as her eyes turned sharp and stared at him.

Standing up slowly, she stopped the tears and started to laugh instead. Shaking her head and pulling the rest of her hair loose, Rora quickly bristled her petal skin, causing it to look like a wave of red scales went through her body before returning back to normal skin. She was tempted to stick her hand into his fire, just to show her true craziness. But she had enough sense to think that the fire probably wasn't normal, and probably wasn't safe to touch.

Licking her lips slowly, Rora tilted her head sideways and wickedly said, "You didn't want to play with me? So sad, you're going to break my heart."

Anadwen

Aldanith masked his surprise at the sudden change perfectly. He wasn't dealing with an ordinary human, that he was aware of... And she suddenly grew fierce. No matter if she feared him or not, he would show her the crimson of her own blood.

"I'll break it with pleasure. I love to see them hearts crack and bleed, sweetie." he replied silently. His spine cracked as he twisted his head aside, stretching his muscles, still walking forth in a steady, confident pace which invoked fear. The grin on his lips disappeared, and his fists clenched around the hilts of his long, wickedly curved scimitars. He was only a short distance from her, and his plan was going along well... One more step.

His hand made a large semi-circle with the blade, and more fire was set ablaze, circling them. For a short moment, it appeared as Aldanith has stopped walking, only to leap up in an insane speed right after, aimed straight at Rora to crush her with the weight of his armour and pierce her body with the tips of Frostdeath and Bloodstorm.

His silhouette flashed through the air like an arrow, high above her, and begun falling back down, inevitably collapsing onto the place where Rora stood. She would have to move away really quickly, or risk being crushed by the sheer weight of his body and armour.

zozee9

Rora knew something was wrong. Her instincts were going crazy, warning her of danger. The fire came, he froze, and she ducked on reflex, expecting him to strike at her. But he disappeared instead. Swearing under her breath, she quickly rolled to where he had been standing. Then she heard him land less than an inch behind her. A shiver rose up her spine when she realized what would have happened in she had waited even a second longer.

But she had to keep moving.

A fall like that should have taken an impact on him. That meant she should have a few seconds to act. Twisting around, Rora stood up, yanked off the armor over his shoulder, and bit down. Hard. But it wouldn't hurt—rather, it would send a feeling of energy and pleasantness through the wound. Meanwhile, she ran her tongue along his skin and planted a seed in the wound from her right fang. Well, at least she had managed to do something worthwhile.

Anadwen

She rolled from her position just before he hit the ground, and crashing against the stones surprised him, momentarily stunning him with the hardness of the landing. A wave of pain was sent through his body, and he looked around in confusion.

Her fangs were already in his flesh when he realized that she managed to rip a plate of armour on his right shoulder. He could feel her tongue in the wound, his dark blood, running down his skin, but surprisingly didn't feel any pain. He felt ecstatic... Energized, full of strength.

He bent his head back and smacked it against Rora in an attempt to headbutt her. Hard. In the meantime, one of his fists was sent flying into her stomach.

zozee9

Rora expected him to react—so when the headbutt came, she was prepared. She dodged it perfectly... and then she saw the fist heading straight for her stomach. The force knocked her backwards and back onto the ground. The fire was flickering right behind her. Yet again she barely missed death.

She raised her left hand to her lips and then looked at her fingers. It was blood... her own blood. Standing back up feebly, Rora cursed underneath her breath. How could she have fallen for the headbutt? Such a wild and obvious move should have given away the fact that he was using it as a distraction. But she fell right into his plan, and now she was paying for it.

Judging by the pain, she might have broken a rib or two. Somehow, in that half a second following her seeing of his fist, she had been able to move the brute of the damage from her stomach to higher up. She had also tensed up her petals. So, in the grand scheme of things, she had gotten lucky. But that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Licking her own blood off of her lips, Rora smirked at the man. "That the best you can do?" she mocked. "Pity, I thought an assassin could kill me quicker than this... instead, he lets me drink his delicious blood. It tastes like evil, you know. Sweet, sweet evil."

Anadwen

She most likely didn't see his hands crawling to her throat, and while she spoke, he got hold of her, picking her up by the throat. His lips twisted to a grin. "I'm glad you liked it, but I only hope you will like yours just as well..." he whispered.

While his right hand kept gripping her throat, the left one moved down to her abdomen, ready to punch right through and rip into the intestines, tearing them into pieces inside. His cold fingers ripped the dress and pressed straight onto her skin. "How does it taste? Will you let me feast in return? I bet it tastes at least as good as you look, sweetie."

He could use magic, but he refused to. He wanted to do this with his hands... And enjoy it.

zozee9

Rora laughed as she was picked up into the air. This was why she was hesitant to attack another assassin, and why she normally chose jobs that would prey upon those completely unexpecting of her presence. The whole situation just seemed so absurd, and, in the craziness of it all, she couldn't help but laugh.

His voice cut her laughter and half as she listened to his words. Didn't seem like her attempt to provoke him worked very well. She could sense his excitement—he was ready to go in for the kill. And it was about time to stop it altogether. Rora knew she could die any day having the business she did. But if she was to die, she wanted it to be completely inevitable and with no escape.

There was still an escape and she knew it. In fact, she had realized a way out in her laughter. How easily she had played into his hands... and so here she was, so close to death.

Grinning back down at the crazy man below her, Rora spit some of her blood down onto his lips. "Why don't you sample it first, honey? Ah—that's what I heard it tastes like, by the way. Honey." Then, moving as quickly as she could, Rora bristled her petals by both of his hands again. Using that small distraction, she moved her hand to her thigh and ripped out her dagger, stabbing his real hand with it. His hand, and her stomach.

"Just stay for a second, though," Rora added mischievously. "I think I might know something that would perk your interest." In case her words and actions weren't enough to keep him from killing her for a little longer, she sent as much curiosity into his head as she could manage.

Anadwen

Aldanith hissed as she tried to stab him through the armour, and the dagger slipped through the plates, spilling his dark blood onto the iron. It hurt him, but he was too proud to admit pain... He spit the blood on his lips out, and begun pushing his hand into her stomach.

He threw her back onto the pavement, pinning her down. The metal should soon pierce her skin and rip into her flesh. The curiosity, however, stopped him from killing her - yet. He decided to do it slowly instead...

"Speak. Come on, tell me." he whispered. The blood was streaming down onto her neck, and it would soon be joined by her own. He'd break her neck and make a hole in her stomach at once.

zozee9

"We've both been played," Rora responded. She had been tempted to leave him guessing for a while, but she knew that would just end in her death. "Someone hired you, right? To kill me? Well, he happened to hire me to kill you as well."

Closing her eyes, she sighed. "Imagine that. Two professional assassins, both tricked by an amateur. I was foolish for not noticing it right away. I mean, it's bad enough that I didn't catch it when the job was given. But the fact that I didn't realize it after we met is inexcusable."

Anadwen

The pressure stopped for a moment. "What? Tricked?" he hissed. It was well possible... No, it was more than apparent that she was right. There was no reward, only death. They were supposed to kill each other in a battle that wouldn't bring victory to neither of them.

"You can be just as well just trying to trick me. You are just playing for time. If I would let go off you now, you'd stab me in the back." he shook his head, barring his teeth. "I can't trust you. And if I killed you now, I'd be the winner. You know very well you're one step away from having your guts torn out of your abdomen."

zozee9

"Trying to trick you?" Rora responded with her eyebrow cocked. "You might be hot-headed, but I know you're not foolish. No good would come out of killing me. However, I could help you if you kept me alive. Would you like, my fine sir, for me to explain how I know about the trap? Or have you put two and two together already?"

Anadwen

Aldanith's face grew pale, but his expression remained calm. "Go on. Talk." he called her forth. He was beginning to understand what she mean, that they indeed were caught in a trap... It was getting clearer to him by every moment.

He lifted his hand off her stomach.

zozee9

Rora slowly sat up, pretending that her body wasn't aching with pain. She glanced around at the flickering fire and scoffed. It wasn't as if she had been planning on running, but a little more safety would have been appreciated.

She turned her gaze at him, her two different eyes standing out even more than usual with the reflection of the fire flickering about on them. "Well, let's start in the beginning. He told me that you were going to be running on the rooftops near here. I'm assuming he told you I'd be in this alleyway. How on earth would he even know that if he hadn't sent us here?" She found it a bit odd before, but now the clue stuck out like a sore thumb. Luckily the oddity of it had been more than enough to make her suspicious when she received the job.

"But I'll take this purely from my point of view. Assassins don't get paid to kill for fun. They might have fun killing, but still, not to kill for fun. Any assassin who goes around killing random people will be discredited by almost everyone. The more you kill, the more likely you are to be found and the more cautious everyone will be. So yes, I expected you to come down with my act. But I expected it on the behalf of harming me or forcing me to have sex. Your intent was undoubtably murderous." Rora subconsciously rubbed her stomach. "At first I assumed that you were just a maniacal killer. In my own credit, I still think that's partially true. But the first thing you did—that wicked magic—was meant to kill me in less than a second. If you were doing this for the thrill, it would be short lived thrill. And, seeing as you're an assassin, I doubt you would weigh that short thrill worthy enough to combat the threat of losing jobs."

Rora slowly rolled her shoulders, trying to loosen up her body. It screamed back at her in pain. Sighing, she continued, "Furthermore, the job in and of itself was a bit strange. The price was indefinite—he said that it would be at least a hundred thousand dollars, but most likely more. That's what it sounded like to me at least, between his moans and heavy breathing. And yes, you interpreted that correctly. You might have the strength to be an assassin, but I have the wits. I don't take any job without safety precautions if I don't have to."

She stood up and closed her eyes for a second. He wouldn't kill her at this point, she knew it. She hadn't finished talking, after all. Rora's heightened night senses confirmed what she had believed. Footsteps were far away, but they were definitely heading towards them. Opening her eyes, she looked at the other assassin. "They were gambling. Some of the richer men in the city. I doubt you noticed it, but there were men huddled around the different streets and turns and behind the buildings. They must have been betting on who would win. I should have noticed it immediately..." After all, her eyesight at night was almost better than it was in the morning. "... but your fire mixed with the fighting made it so I couldn't focus long enough. Well, until you were holding me up just then. And, in their credit, they were doing pretty well at staying behind the buildings. Don't look now, they're long gone. But you know what? The guards should be here any second now." The footsteps would be loud enough for him to hear, too. "I suggest instead of killing every single one of them, we should make an escape."