Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Wind of the Night

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, I could probably kill you out here and nobody would know," Red Sun said thoughtfully.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"You could," Cassius replied simply. "But what fun would that be?"

Cassius wasn't worried about Red Sun killing him. He knew that she wouldn't. She had  never accepted freedom when he offered it so there was no reason to think that she would try to escape now.

visualspice

And that's when the cold blade of her weapon was pressed lightly against his throat.
"I could see it being a lot of fun."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius didn't even stop the horse as he felt the blade against his throat.

"I never imagined you as the kind who had any kind of fun," Cassius replied cooly. "Go ahead and do it then. You'll be lost in the middle of the desert with no direction or knowledge of the outside world. You'll be lonely and confused. Not to mention that you have no food, water, or anything to keep you warm. The desert gets deathly cold at night."

visualspice

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Cassius. And a lot you don't know about people in general. I won't be lost, because the sun sets west. I know the men dragged me east because of the moon. I'd just follow away from the moon and head away from the sunrise, and eventually I'd find my way. And I don't get lonely. One does not simply get lonely. When I am alone, I am at peace. ANd confusion is never a problem, for I am well aware of myself and the world around me. ANd food and water will only come in time. Though I'm sure the same could be said about curing the desert chill. I could use your skin as a blanket. That is, if you were to somehow so easily forfeit your life."

Wicked Basket

"In my defence, the people I deal with are usually rich snobs or filthy slaves. It's not often I encounter any sort of intelligence, so my faith in humanity is lacking. My faith in many things is lacking. You on the other hand, seem to have everything figured out. You might be considering killing me, but you won't. The outside world is a mystery to you. You need to be told what to do in order to know what to do. Have you ever even experienced life outside of slavery?"

visualspice

Red Sun gave a snort.
"I was born into this life. Anything I know about freedom is how I've viewed it through those who have it, yet abuse it. But I grew up on my mother's stories. She had once been free, in the land to the north, Adela. And despite your accusations, I do not fear freedom, nor would I be so clueless. Life is not as mysterious as you think I'd perceive it. Free or not, slaves exists on many levels. And I'm sure you yourself, are bound to a slavery of your own kind. Or else you would't be here, nor in the arena."

Wicked Basket

"Just because I've chosen this life doesn't mean I'm a slave to it. My job lets me do what I do best and I'm capable of working in both of my home cities. Slaves die every day, and my customers count on me to bring them new ones, so it's a pretty stable career. Not to mention that the pay is very good. I wouldn't say that mine is such a bad lifestyle. It sure beats being a slave."

visualspice

"Yes.. " she said, wearing a smile he could not see as her blade slipped away safely from his throat. "Too bad you'll finally be bested by one." And with that- she whacked him hard across the temple, hopping to knock him out- and if not, at least that blow had enough of a force to knock him clean from the saddle. And as the man was hitting the sands, she actually laughed and snatched up the reigns.

"I guess it's time I finally listen to you then!" she shouted, horse dancing around him. "To finally leave this world all behind me." And with a quick kick and "HIYAA!" Red Sun was storming off towards the dark of night.

OOC: loool hope this post is okay <3
PM me if you want me to edit it. I just got the idea and it amused me greatly, so I went with it
>D

Wicked Basket

Cassius was surprised that Red Sun was finally able to work up the nerve and escape. The blow to the temple did not knock him out, but he did end up eating sand. Cassius chuckled as Red Sun rode off into the night. He hadn't told her that Essyrn was only a short walk away. He had been riding around the perimeter of the city to see if she would actually escape. Cassius stood, brushed off the sand, and began the walk back to Essyrn. Karime could find out that Red Sun was missing on his own. Cassius was no snitch, and he just wanted to get drunk and go to bed just like he did every night.

visualspice

It was the talk of the town- how Red Sun tried to escape. There was, of course, no mention of the bandits who tried to take her- just that the slave woman had nearly gotten out of range of the city before Karime's men found her, lamed her, and took her in. She was sorely beaten for it, and made a public example, but even as she was dragged back to Essyrn, she smiled anyways.

Just a small taste of freedom was potent, and though Karime punished her and made her bleed before taking her to the streets and locked into a pillory, Red Sun felt the desire rise within her- the truth and perceptive clarity of her hatred of this life, and of the man who owned her. Freedom had been so close, and on so many occasions, nearly gifted to her-
and now, as the people of Essyrn walked past her, laughing or cringing, spitting on her or beating her with their own animal whips or throwing stones, yes- even now, she felt the prideful desires of wanting to be free.

And it was probably that desire that kept her alive and spirited throughout her punishment, even as the raw heat of the afternoon sun tried to bake her, and she was losing a lot of blood.

Yes... the taste of freedom, though briefly, was surely worth all of this. And ironically, she had only Cassius to blame.

Wicked Basket

Cassius awoke the next morning like he always did: hungover. After a long drink of water he made himself as presentable as he cared enough to make himself and wandered off into the streets. It didn't take long for him to find out what all of the buzz was about. Red Sun was stuck in a pillory for all to see. She was beaten and bloodied, a clear sign that Karime had been not at all pleased with her escape attempt. Cassius chuckled as he approached.

"I see the escape went well," he commented with a grin.

visualspice

Though one eye was swollen, and her face was half hidden in bruises and hair, she peered up at him through a quiet gaze.
"And I suppose you came to spit or piss on me like the rest?" And if it were not Cassius that approached her, the group of kids hoovering around, snickering- would have launched the stones they had prepared for her clean at her face. But for now, they remained around her like hoovering, hungered dogs.

Wicked Basket

"Water is too precious to waste on spitting out in the desert, and I always take my morning piss before I leave the house, so you don't have to worry about me," Cassius told her. "Those kids over there are itching to throw those rocks though. They undoubtedly would be if I wasn't standing here."

visualspice

"Yes, but it still doesn't explain why you're here." She frowned. She had left him for dead out in the desert- even if he wasn't at all that far from the city. She was surprised he just seemed to be here for chit chat.

Wicked Basket

"Just a bit of gloating," Cassius replied simply. "I didn't think you had it in ya, but it looks you did after all. Who would have thought?"

visualspice

"Gloating?" Red Sun stared up at him with some surprise, before glowering, and then, eventually smiling, just subtly, as she shook her head. "I suppose a man like you would gloat at a time like this." For neither had been completely wrong- for she knew the consequences long before getting caught- and she was lucky she was not being hung. But he was right in the fact she lusted for the one thing she could not have....
and it had been so close...

Too bad for her fate had other things in store for her.

And the children who were too anxious to wait for Cassius to leave, one of them stepped forward and did not hesitate to hurl a rock, that of which struck sharply at Red Sun's back. And it seemed to break any barriers of fear among the other boys as they all hurled their rocks at her and laughed.

Red Sun let out a grunt, gritting her teeth as the rocks came and pierced her, drawing blood, before she cut a deadly glare the children's way, who only saw that scary face and laughed.

Wicked Basket

"What can I say," Cassius replied with a shrug. "I'm a horrible human being."

Cassius did not react to the children throwing stones until they started laughing. As it so turned out, the children's accuracy was affected greatly while they were laughing and one of the stones accidentally hit Cassius in the back of the head. The children fell immediately silent as Cassius slowly turned and glowered at them. Dropping their rocks, the children fled for the hills. They would come back later when Cassius was gone.

"Little brats," Cassius grumbled. "Well, have fun with your entrapment, Sunny."

Cassius turned and walked away, but he wasn't entirely sure where he was going. He was just kind of going. All well, he would eventually end up somewhere. Once he arrived he would just improvise the who, what, when, and why.

visualspice