Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ansgar's Hand (Elite Connlaothian Heavy Cavalry)

Started by AevumEternity, November 23, 2016, 02:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Organization Name

Ansgar's Hand (In the Night only the Hand of God provides Light)

Objective
To provide the Kingdom of Connlaoth with an elite heavy cavalry unit with the ability to be used as shock troops against any foe, be they magic or not.

Who may join?
- Citizens of Connlaoth with at least 8 years of active duty under their belts
- Those who have the ability to provide themselves with adequate armor and weaponry for both themselves and their steed
- Those who possess at least one warhorse/charger/Armorable steed of a four-legged variation
- Those who pledge their lives to the welfare of Connlaoth and the Grand Duke
- Males and Females (females MUST have a form of Mordecaism or else it is illegal according to Connlaoth law)
- Any steed may be used that is non-magical, each mount will be approved but if found to possess magical qualities will be put to slaughter.

Organization Location
Headquarters is currently based within the capital city of the Reajh,
Connlaoth

Current Members and Ranks
(Title) First Name Surname - Steed Species(Primarily Horses, Others must be approved)
Major
The Major is the leader of Ansgar's Hand, referred to as 'Ansgar's Forefinger' due to them often taking up frontal positions and leading the Cavalry in most matters whether political or otherwise.
Lady Hakon Kilandre - Purgatorio (Theocog)

Captains (2 max)
Leading the Hand in the case is the Major unavailable to do so, they are refered to as the Third and Fourth finger respectively. Providing support and guidance as well as balance and strength to the hand as a whole.
Gwynneir "Gwynne" Annefain - Zweibel (Theocog)
Aven Alveron - Veltra (Theocog)

Lieutenants (infinite)
Providing the majority of training and discipline as well as seniority for the unit, Lieutenants are nicknamed the '2nd Digit' (i.e. Middle Finger) of the unit. Even though they crack the whip upon the newer members, they are looked up to as figures to aspire to within the unit.
Cassian Shay - Mirage (War Horse)

Corporals (infinite)
Corporals happen to be the lowest rank within the Heavy Cavalry, but earn this rank upon entering the Hand- subjected to harsh training and expected to rise above petty matters to become elites, they are referred to as 'Ansgar's Thumb'- providing the crushing majority of the strength of the unit, as well as remaining a vital part of it.
Torjus Barmen - Sledge (Horse)

Information
Armament
The Standard Armor of Ansgar's Hand weighs over 200 pounds on average, making it highly difficult to move for even the strongest. The bottom most layer of the armor consists of padding, topped by chainmail, over that a standard tunic showing off the kingdom's colors is placed before the final layer of steel plating. On average, the armor of the rider must be compatible of that of their mount's meaning that the legs often must be attached directly to the saddle upon mounting. The upper body is left with the most freedom to twist and turn within the saddle, expecting the steed to be able to also join in combat by rearing and so on. The armor must be blessed by the Church in order to withstand the heaviest of magical attacks, this is not to say it is impenetrable, alas.

Average armor of each rank(Armor can be commissioned by individuals as well)
{Courtesy of FantasyNameGenerator Armor Creator}

Weaponry
Ranging from Guan Dao, Two handed broad swords, dual blades or even chain whips, as long as the weapon the individual chooses is able to function in close range melee, it is up to the rider to wield it as they choose. It is expected for each rider to carry a flintlock pistol with one bullet for emergencies. Survival is a must but should a rider be captured, it is seen as highly shameful and often they will not be bartered for but expected to escape or commit honorable suicide.

Tactics
As shock troops, the cavalry is often the first to engage in battle, almost always charging in a spear formation in order to cut through the most heavily fortified sections of the enemy. This tactic causes the line to rip directly through the enemy while spreading out or straightening according to the strength of the foe.

Morals
Though able to indulge in essentially any social setting that their class and rank allows them, the Hand is considered not exactly fanatically religious but more as the fist which God needs in order to impose his will at some time or another. It is expected for Cavalrymen to have knowledge of the Church and its teaching beyond what an average individual would, encouraging worship of Ansgar and his Saints. To break any laws of religious or political persuasion is often met with much harsher punishment then an average serviceman would be subjected to. Even so, these men and women are considered some of Connlaoth's most uncouth, merciless and brusque fighters.

History
Created in the midst of the Connlaothan civil war, Ansgar's Hand was founded by the impoverished noble Lady Hakon Kilandre whom had distinguished herself as a warrior in several conflicts. Now she struggles to make the Hand a notable unit within the Connlaothian armed forces and show the true power of elite riders and their mounts.

Victory has been achieved over rebellious forces of Mages in the North of Connlaoth near the Serendipity border. Honors have been placed upon the Mercenary Zod and Major Hakon Kilandre.

(Please PM if a member of Ansgar's Hand has admirably served the Kingdom of Connlaoth!)

Joining Format
Name:
Desired position: (Captain, Lietenant, Corporal)
Steed name:
Steed species:
Weaponry:
Link to Character Profile:

Theme
The Dragon Returns - Óscar Araujo

Marakai Trin

I do hereby submit my application with Disgaua!

Name: Disgaua Carthalion
Sex: Male
Desired position: Captain, if not possible then any
Steed name: Sleipnir
Steed species: Theocog
Weaponry: Long bladed, six foot glaive, two one-handed broadswords
Link to Character Profile:
Disgaua Carthalion

Magyar

I do hereby submit my application!

BEHOLD

Name:Gwynne Annefain
Desired Position: Captain
Steed Name: Zweibel
Steed Species: Theocog (Blue Roan)
Weaponry: Warhammer, Brute Strength

Medievarad

Name: Emerald
Sex: Female
Desired position: Lt.
Steed name: Zenurik
Steed species: Ground Drake (short discription on profile)
Weaponry: Lance, kiteshield, arming sword, Arbalest with massive bolts.
Link to Character Profile: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=22691.0

AevumEternity

Accepted! And when I return from vacation I shall add her ^^

Darai

Name: Darai, The Last Marzban of old Pars and Grand Master of the Immortal Templar
Desired position: Captain of his own detachment from the Immortal Templar
Steed name: Red Hare
Steed species: A tall and large red coated Ferghana horse
Weaponry: Steel Lance/spear, two dueling Katana's
Link to Character Profile: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=22960.msg341268#new

I Darai submit an application to join this chevalier order in hopes of bringing Connlaothia and Pars together. Will serve faithfully and die on the fields of battle unless the Grand Master is deemed unworthy of command or Pars is assaulted when there is rightful rule by the young Queen Artemis.

AevumEternity

TheHopeseeker

Name: Cassian Shay
Desired Position: Lieutenant
Steed Name: Mirage
Steed Species: A heavyset and powerful warhorse
Weaponry: A steel glaive. The handle of the weapon is made of a polished bronze material, dark red leather wrapped around it to provide a solid grip. While the blade is made of extremely strong steel, the head curving out away from the end of the handle to form a crescent-like shape, while a thin but strong blade carries on straight out from the handle. There is also a red ribbon tied around the neck of the glaive, near the blade.
Link to Character Profile: Cassian Shay

AevumEternity

AevumEternity

Still Open for people who wish to ride
KICK ASS MOUNTS
in
KICK ASS ARMOR
with a
KICK ASS POSSE
of
KICK ASS KNIGHTS

(We also serve Connlaoth at it's Elite cavalry, because we're that fantastic)

visualspice

I have a few new characters I'm working on and I'll see if one might fit here.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Valtxr

Here's my prospective Corporal, ready for review. I'll amend details as needed.

__________________QUICK STATS
Name Torjus "Pretty Boy" Barmen [tor-yus]
Age 24
Gender Male
Species Human
Ethnicity Connlaothian
Height 5'11"
Occupation Corporal in the Ansgar's Hand Heavy Cavalry. Formerly a pickpocket/thief/drug dealer for the Deegan crime family.
Residence Reajh

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description
Fair skin. Bright blue eyes. Blonde "high and tight" haircut: close-cut on the sides, tuft of hair on top. Strong build after his time in the military. Handsome face, hence the nickname and subsequent derision from others in his unit.
Attire: Ansgar's Hand Corporal's armor. Roughspun tunic and pants underneath.

Personality
Loyal, earnest, disciplined

Magic/Abilities
Military training in the effective use of armor, squad tactics, and close-quarters combat. Some blacksmithing and carpentry knowledge.
Typically armed with a longsword and large round shield.

Relationships
Jessos "The Butcher" Rains - Former boss of four years.
Jorge Vrouge - The man who set him up to be captured by the guard.

History
   Both of Torjus' parents served in the Connlaothian military: his father a lieutenant, his mother a Mordecai. Both were killed in a skirmish during the early years of the Civil War when he was aged sixteen. His apprenticeships in both blacksmithing and carpentry weren't going well, as he didn't take naturally to craftsmanship. The masters he apprenticed under were only mildly sympathetic to his plight, so Torjus turned elsewhere to support himself.
   Through a happenstance encounter outside a tavern and a series of contacts, he became involved in the Deegan crime family. He proved himself capable of following orders, and his loyalty was quickly rewarded. After a year on the streets as a petty thief and pickpocket, Torjus was assigned to work under Deegan's own lieutenant, Jessos "The Butcher" Rains herself. The discipline and respect she commanded of him and the rest of her men made him feel right at home. He'd found a new family to fill the void.
   But, four years later at age twenty-one, one of his jobs would go horribly wrong. Jorge Vrouge, an associate of the rival Winters crime family, was sent to disrupt this particular job. Vrouge engineered events such that Torjus would be caught red-handed with a crate full of illegal drugs and ill-gotten gold, while also "trespassing" on a noble's property.
   The noble's wealth and influence got him off the hook easily, but Torjus wouldn't be so lucky. The law gave him two options. First, serve his time in prison. Second, based on his family's military background, serve three years in the regular military, then the rest of it in the tough and rigorous Ansgar's Hand Cavalry. The stipulation for the second being that if he was caught breaking any more laws or being insubordinate to his superior officers, then he would be summarily executed.
   And Torjus chose the latter. With the discipline instilled into him by his parents and by Rains, he adjusted easily to military life.
   With his three years served in the regular army, and with nearly all of his pay going toward the costs of the equipment he would need to join the Hand, Torjus is prepared to enter the ranks of the elite cavalry. To atone for his past deeds. To find a new family among his battle brothers and sisters.

Valtxr

And now for the actual application, lol.

Name: Torjus "Pretty Boy" Barmen
Desired position: Corporal
Steed name: Sledge
Steed species: Horse
Weaponry: Longsword and shield
Link to Character Profile: Torjus "Pretty Boy" Barmen

AevumEternity

Approved and Added!!! Welcome to Ansgar's Hand!

AevumEternity

One captain position is open! Think your character has what it takes to be a leader of Connlaoth's most feared fighting Force? Apply today by filling out the form and putting 'Captain' in desired ranks, as well as another in case you do not get it!

Wycliff

I'd like to apply for my character Aven Alveron to be a Captain!

Name: Aven Alveron
Desired Postition: Captain
Steed Name: Veltra
Steed Species: Theocog
Weaponry: Greatsword
Link to Character Profile: Aven Alveron, the Shadow Mage

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_type=t&share_fid=1413101&share_tid=22954&url=http%3A%2F%2Fspiritsoftheearth%2Enet%2Fsmf%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D22954

As a side note, I'm still trying to get the profile edited. The character has change significantly since it's creation :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

A map of Ansgar's Hand's Headquarters has been created in addition to the new promotion of Captain Aven Alveron!

Keep in mind, most species of animal are accepted as mounts as long as they can be armored and travel vast distances in time with the rest of the unit! Mounts may include: Giant Bears, Giant Boars, Dire Wolves, Ground Drakes, Dire Elk, Lions, Giant Wild cats and much, much more!!!

Astaire

Name: Lorenz Amaury Harthain
Sex: male
Desired position: Lieutenant
Steed name: Aestus
Steed species: destrier
Weaponry: bastard sword, flail, heater shield
Link to Character Profile: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=24143.msg360138#msg360138

Tags: