Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect (Datasmith)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, July 20, 2017, 05:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Whoa."

Eckhart Von Musel walked through the streets of Maestoso with a look of childish wonder in his eyes. The city was larger than any of the towns that he had passed through before, and the sheer difference in scale left him awestruck. "Everything is so much bigger here! Even the food stalls are big- like little restaurants!" Looking at the mangy cat sitting on his shoulder, Eckhart grinned excitedly. "What should we do first? Check the library for books on life magic maybe?"

Belladonna licked her paw and smoothed out the fur behind her ears. "Personally, I could go for some food. We also need to get a room at an inn, so we'll need to find one with vacancies. Working on your powers should happen after we get settled, okay?"

Eckhart frowned, but he knew his familiar was right. He sighed. "Alright, alright. What do you want to eat?"

"Eckhart, you've known me for two months. You should know what I eat by now."

Eckhart went red in the face. "W-well, yeah, but..." he sputtered. "We're pretty far inland, I don't think Maestoso has a very large selection of fish to choose from..." Eckhart scratched the back of his head. "If they do, it probably isn't-"

"Eckhart." the cat cut him off. "I want fish."

Getting very flustered, Eckhart gave in. "Okay, I'll get you some fish. Just let me-"

*CRASH*

A loud noise coming from a side street caused Eckhart to jump. A cry of pain followed, and Eckhart looked at his familiar nervously. "Um, I think the fish will have to wait."

Belladonna nodded, and jumped off Eckhart's shoulder. "Well, it looks you might get to practice your healing powers after all." Eckhart nodded back, and the two began to rush down the side street in search of whoever had been hurt.

Datasmith

"Are your sure this will work?" Charles said, with hesitence.
The reply didn't come right away, he expected that. "Yes... most likely." The reply came is a whisper that echoed from the back of his mind.
"Most Likely!?"
"If it fails you won't die."
"Oh that makes it all better! He says with sarcasm
"Are you afraid then?" The John asked.
"YES! IM TELEPORTING!" Charles yelled.
"Lower your voice. I'm not yelling." Came the calm reply
"YOU CANT YELL!" Charles said
"It's the principle. Now do it, boy." Came the reply from the wraith known as John

After the argument completed, Charles reluctantly proceeded. Slashing his palm with his knife, he drew a line on the wall. He muttered a few incantations in a tongue long forgotten, and stepped through.

*CRASH*

The landing was hard and painful. And the boy laughed, he laughed as his eyes bleed and he coughed up blood.
"Yesssss..." the boy groaned. Then a thought came to him.
"Where the-" he coughed up more blood. "Am I."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Upon reaching where the noise had come from, Eckhart froze. "Oh fuck, that's not good." A teenage boy was laying halfway through a broken window in a daze, apparently having been thrown through it. There was blood pooling up on the ground, and Eckhart rushed over to move him away from the broken glass. "Alright, don't move. You're going to be okay, but you're loosing a lot of blood."

As Eckhart gingerly reached down to lift the boy, Belladonna stopped him. "Eckhart, please. I have telekinesis, remember?"

Eckhart's eyes widened as the teenager was lifted up in the air before being gently placed down against the wall. "I didn't realize it was that strong..." He scratched his head. "I thought is was just, like, small objects and stuff."

"There's a lot about me you don't know." Belladonna replied flatly as she scampered over to the injured boy. Eckhart followed suit, and began to assess his injuries.

"There's a large shard of glass lodged in his side. That's the biggest problem. He also has multiple smaller cuts, and..." Eckhart blinked twice. "Why are his eyes hemorrhaging?" Deciding to ignore this odd detail, Eckhart quickly pulled the glass out of the teenagers side and began to clot the blood in the cut.

"Can you tell me your name?" Eckhart asked. His powers didn't numb pain- at least not yet- and he knew conversation was a good distraction.

Datasmith

'That was a window, apparently'. Thought Charles as he lay bleeding. He wasn't too concerned with the current situation, he wouldn't die that much he knew.

Quote"Alright, don't move. You're going to be okay, but you're loosing a lot of blood."

Charles could only chuckle, and groan in pain. All that matters right now is that he managed to pull it off. Sure it was a rough landing, but I could've been worse. He then felt the odd sensation of floating. 'Is the man a mage?' He though as he was set down. He also heard a cat, oddly enough.

Quote"Can you tell me your name?"

"Charles, my good man." He said with another chuckle, leading into a cough that covered the mans face with blood.
"Oh, right. Don't worry about the eyes. That usually happens when I pull something like this off." He though for a moment.
"Say, what part of Ketra am I in? I think I over shot a tad."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart's eyes narrowed. "Ketra?" he asked suspiciously as he began to regenerate Charles' cells. "That's the capitol of Adela, isn't it?"

Suddenly, Eckhart understood- "He must have used some kind of travel spell- that explains the eyes too, since Maestoso is on a plateau. If his point of origin was someplace at a lower altitude, the sudden shift in pressure could definitely cause some hemorrhaging." He smiled momentarily. "I feel pretty clever for figuring that out on my own."

Eckhart shook his head. "You're in Serendipity, man. You missed Ketra by an entire country." Having finished healing the gash in Charles' side, Eckhart moved on to the second largest injury- an open cut on Charles shoulder. Placing his hands on the wound, Eckhart began the healing process over again. "I'm from out of town too, actually- I'm from Hyoite. Where did you pop in from?"

"My name is Eckhart, by the way. Eckhart Von Musel."

Datasmith

'Serendipity!? I over shot by that much!' He was silent for a moment. And then he laughed. He laughed and laughed until he coughed up more blood. He never though he could teleport this far! He always assumed that going more than a city over would just kill him!
"I have some potions in my bag by the way, they might be useful."

Charles sighed. "Is that a cat? Here kitty, come here." He reaches out to attempt to pet the cat.
He continued to reach out even though he heard the voice of John again
"You over shot. I am impressed, when I was your age I would have died."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart's eyes widened. "Overshot? That's not good, not if he wants to get home safely. He could fuck it up again and end up in Zantaric or something!"

Belladonna recoiled as Charles reached out to touch her. "Back off, boy." she hissed, jumping back onto Eckhart's shoulder. "I'm not a therapy animal."

"Hey, at least he wants to touch you." Eckhart thought. "I didn't want to when we first met."

Laughing in embarrassment, Eckhart scratched the back of his head. "Haha, she really doesn't like to be touched..." Finishing with the cut in Charles shoulder, Eckhart looked at the boy pensively. "That should take care of the major damage. You may have some internal injuries, but I'm, um, not sure how to check for those yet." He gave the boy a kind look. "How are you feeling?"

Datasmith

asshole cat Charles thought as the cat hissed and jumped to the man. Reaching into his bag, he retrieved a small bottle and handed it to the man.
"Pour this on the wounds once you get the glass out." He said, pointing at the label.
"Pure alcohol, great disinfectant." Charles groaned as he over reached an felt a fresh wave of pain course through him.
"that is no ordinary cat, Charles." said John into the boys mind. Charles himself stayed silent, talking to something that no one can see but him and those attuned would make him seem more insane than he actually is.
"I assume that the cat is this helpful young mans familiar." John now appeared behind the two, still invisible to them both, as far as Charles knew anyways.

[[OOC: it's up to you if bell sees John. I know animals react to shit like that sometimes.]]

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart took the bottle from Charles and looked it over. "You're smart for carrying this with you." he said with an approving smile. "Too many travelers only ever stock up on bandages and basic healing potions, then get surprised when they get infections." He looked at the bottle again. "Pure alcohol like this gets expensive though- most people would consider it a luxury. Personally I've always used licorice root for disinfecting wounds, it's a lot cheaper."

Scanning the teenager's body, Eckhart noticed an injury he had missed- a gash on Charles' palm. Gingerly lifting the boy's hand, he took a closer look. "Odd, this is a clean cut- as if it was intentional." His eyes narrowed. "Bella, look at this."

But Belladonna didn't look. She was staring off into space, as if trying to stare down something Eckhart couldn't see. "Something over there looks blurry." she said softly. "I don't like it."

"Sweet Ansgar, why does this always happen to me?" Slowly putting Charles' hand back down, Eckhart gave the teenager a worried look. "Um, Charles? Can you tell me exactly how you got here? Details of the spell, maybe?"

Datasmith

"Details? Well... uh..." Charles didn't really want to tell him the details. Last thing he wants is to be the target of a man hunt. A lie was in order.
"You see, I... was attacked by an... assassin! And the cut is from me... blocking the blade with my hand." Like a fucking glove, Charles thought.
If your skills of deception were on par with your skill of necromancy, you'd be a king. Alas, it is not. John sighed, and stared at the cat once more, letting out a ghostly chuckle.
"Oh, and to be fair, that stuff is only mostly alchohol." Charles chuckled. "I got it from some kindly people a while back. I think it's meant for drinking."
the man treating you is a novice. He knows what he is doing, but he is unsure. John was silent for a moment. I will instruct him. Or atleast try to. John appeared behind the boy, arms crossed.
please do not scream.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart raised an eyebrow. "A blade catch, huh?" The boy was clearly lying out of his ass- living in the same house as Hildegarde Von Musel for fourteen years had taught Eckhart what a lie sounded like. "From an assassin, you say?"

"Sweet Ansgar, does he really expect me to believe that?" Eckhart thought. "It sounds like the plot of a poorly written children's book."

"Aha! I knew it! I knew there was something there!" Belladonna suddenly yelled.

Looking up, Eckhart Eckhart saw the apparition of an older man standing behind Charles. Immediately he stood up and took a few steps backwards, drawing his warhammer. "It's a ghost, Eckhart." he reminded himself. "You can't hit it with your weapon, it'll just pass through it." Swallowing nervously, Eckhart spoke.

"Charles... Don't panic. I need you to stand up, and get behind me. Can you do that?"

Datasmith

John raised an eyebrow in annoyance. "he could hit me with that if I chose to attack him physically. But I am not here for that; in Charles bag you will find a small green vial, it is the extract of the... not important. What is is that you pour it onto his wounds, a drop would do. John explained.
"Jooohn, you know he had this! I mean come on, you don't need to show off." Charles said, bleeding.
John turned to the familiar, "Is yours like this?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart remained tense as the ghost spoke to him, but Belladonna visibly relaxed. "Chill out, it's just a guardian spirit. Let me talk to him, I'll handle it."

Eckhart nodded timidly. "A-alright, you can speak with them."
"Good." Belladonna looked at the spirit, a bemused expression on her face. "...Hi. I'm Bella. I'm the adult." Jumping off of his shoulders, the cat stretched her legs. "And no, Eckhart's not obnoxious- he just frets over every single little thing.

Eckhart crossed his arms defensively. "I do not."

"Yesterday you got frightened because you saw a bee and you thought you might be allergic."

Eckhart went red in the face. "S-shut up..." Walking over to Charles bag, he found the potion in question. Pouring a small amount onto a cloth, he began to dab at the teenager's wounds. "Stupid cat, why'd you have to tell them that?" he muttered under his breath. "It was a really big bee, that's all."

Datasmith

"Talking cat, huh." Charles mused. "Well, I envy you. I wish I had a talking cat, but instead I have  a cranky old wraith with a superiority complex." Charles said, reaching into his bag. He pulled out a small flask,"Here, I think this is the thing John mentioned. Oh, his name is John by the way."

John looked at the boy and sighed, "First of all, I can introduce myself. Second, that is the wrong flask, take that and you'd be in agony for weeks." John turned back to the two, "I am John Curwen, and the boy is my... distant nephew, Charles Curwen." the wraith smiled "I am far more than a mere guardian spirit."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Eckhart got confused as Charles handed him a different flask than the one he'd already picked up. "He must still be out of it." he thought. Whispering so only Charles could could hear him, Eckhart replied. "Trust me, she's not that great- she's very expensive to care for."

Eckhart would continue to treat Charles' wounds with the tonic, a tired expression on his face. He couldn't bring himself to care too much about John now that he knew the ghost likely wasn't dangerous- having met dragons and psychotic politicians had caused Eckhart to see this kind of thing as normal now.

Belladonna, however, gave John a look of curiosity. "More than just a guardian spirit, you say?" she asked, wrapping her tail around her feet. "Interesting, tell me more."

Datasmith

Charles was not in the right mind currently, heavy blood loss does that. "Well John may not be as expensive in terms of upkeep, UNLIKE YOUR ASSHOLE CAT, because he is a spooky wraith." He said, with a notable slur.
John sighed, "The boy is right, I am a wraith. However, I am different than those mindless entities you are familiar with." John put his hand on his face, and sighed once more. He was use to dealing with Charles' antics on a daily basis. It never bothered him how he would act true to his noble heritage every once in a while.
"You must forgive the boy, he has lost a lot of blood." John said with some manner of understanding disappointment.

Tags: