Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A few concerns

Started by Anonymous, October 16, 2009, 05:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I know there are a few boards out there that have some odd rules that concern me, and while I did not see mention of them here, I felt I should ask.

If a player is absent a long time, does an admin or another player adopt their characters?

If a player made a new race and then leaves the board, are they still allowed to take that race that they made with them?  I only ask this because I have worked very long and hard on both my character as well as her individual race and while it may be in relation to a gryphon, it's not entirely the same.

As  said, I did not see anything about this on here, but I just wanted to make sure.

I also have no idea where a gryphon type would live.  Where would we fit?  What would my role be?

thanks.

Anonymous

Let me answer these questions for you!

To the first one: No, a character will not be adopted by any admin or player. The character, if a person leaves, will be put into the Archived board in case that person ever decides to return and wants to continue to play it.

The second one: It is your race, your personal race, others may play it, and yes if you leave, you can take it with you, and request that it gets removed if you leave.

It all depends on the Gryphon type, is it an actual gryphon, can it turn into a person, is it half person, and that sort of thing. As for roles, you can choose whatever you want your character to be, whether it's a hunter for a village, a mercenary, a healer, any sort of role you want it to fit.

Anonymous

She is actually a small species of gryphon known as a Giphen.  She is under 3 feet tall at her shoulders and is not a shifter.  Her abilities while she has some magical abilities as a cleric, she loves to dig and uncover treasure.  She is different to say the least.  I just really am not sure which region he'd fit into.

Thanks so much for answering my other questions though.

Anonymous

Hmm...is she sentient, or is she just like...how a cat or dog would act. With limited intelligence, or she has the ability to converse and has a general concept of what people would call sentience?

Anonymous

Oh yes, she is sentient.  She may turn to uncontrollable babble at times due to her having a slur while excited, but she can easily hold a intelligent conversation.

Anonymous

WELL THEN! I would suggest Adela or Serendipity. She'd probably be best off hanging around in Serendipity, but she could be pretty much anywhere that isn't Connlaoth. Unless you want her captured and killed and etc.

Anonymous

Hmm, being captured or killed would make a for a very short life, don't you think?  ;)  I was thinking Serendipity myself, but wanted to be sure.  Also been reading so of your rps, you are VERY good.  I hope to have the honors at some point  ;)

*goes off to post her profile*

Anonymous

Your character, sounds ADORABLY fancy so I would not mind starting a role play with you. I mean, she's tiny, she babbles when excited, a tiny half lion half eagle thing...I could see that just being absolutely awesome. 8D

And I thank you for your praise too x3

Anonymous

*squees happily*  I would not mind at all if we were to rp a bit.  I am a tad rusty.  However, her profile is now up and ready to be read.  She is not the usual gryphon (lion and eagle) parts, but does share a similar cat + bird makeup.

Unfortunately I need to retire for the evening, but I will be on later tomorrow once errands are done.  Have a great evening!

Anonymous

Awwww, well I will start a role play thread and then I will link you to it via PM and you can reply at any time you please when you are free!

Anonymous

Thank you sweetie (do not take that wrong, I say it a lot)  ;)  I may prowl the boards a bit more, but I think I am a bit incoherent to post and to do it well  ;)