Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

She's like a Doll...((Tebby!))

Started by Anonymous, October 29, 2009, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Akiko smiled. She honestly wasn't sure on the exact date anymore. "About....549 and....9 months." She waited to see his reaction. She grinned. "I'm an old lady, you know." She chuckled. "By your standards....mortal standards." There was a spark of wisdom that remained in her eyes. "And you probabaly thought I was younger, huh?"

Anonymous

He blinked. It shocked him. He didn't know what to make of it, but oddly, no shock crossed his face. He stayed calm. He wasn't sure if it was because the shock hadn't hit him yet or if preparing himself had truly worked. So instead of acting surprised, he just smiled. "Well then...you do have a bit more experience than me now don't you." He laughed, staring into her wisdom filled eyes. Now that he really concentrated on it, it was almost as if he had always known how old she was. He had seen it before in her eyes, he just didn't know what it was. "So how long did it take you to learn to make these boxes?" he gestured towards the abandoned puzzle box next to him.

Anonymous

Aki looked up at the ceiling in thought. ""Um...only about 5 years for the music boxes. Puzzle boxes? 10. years, for the basics. It took me 100 years to make the Master puzzle and music boxes." She pulled a large box out of her cart. "They take up most of the room and weight." She showed it to him. Everything was perfect. The designs were insanely small and intracate. "I have the master boxes. They are the most beautiful ones and took the most time." She wound the key of the music one. "This one's music...it has different songs, and they are all very long and hard to create." She turned the key for about a minute, and when she released it, the music box began to play the most beautiful music that made the others seem simply inferior. "Like it?""

Anonymous

Now that shocked him. Seemed like such a short amount of time to learn something so complex. He suddenly felt like he had time in that box. He felt like he had history handed to him even though the box itself may not have been old. He smiled at her. "You have much dedication. They are incredible." He watched as she took out one of the master boxes. They were much bigger than the one he had. And when she turned the key, his breath was taken away. The music was something he would never be able to describe, something he didn't think would be possible to hear ever again. He relished each different sound, sitting in complete silence as it played. He feared his words would disrupt the music and send it off, never to return. So he just smiled at her, waiting patiently for it to end.

Anonymous

Akiko let the music stop. She knew these boxes had rather intense magical powers if she wished to use them. They could almost warp reality into something it definatly wasn't. She set it down carefuly in her cart and put the small puzzle box back into his hand. "Keep working on it; you might want to know about what's inside it." She sat next to him on the couch, smiling to herself.

Anonymous

The music stopped, snapping him back from a trance he didn't even know he was in. He opened his eyes wide, trying to remember where exactly he was and what he had been doing. He looked around, seeing his living room and recognizing Aki. His eyes landed on her and smiled. "Wow" was all he could say as he completely broke free of the trance. That box was more powerful than any of the other ones she had. He suddenly had a new kind of fear of this girl.

He looked back at the puzzle box placed in his hands. His hands automatically started working on it, allowing it to unfold itself. At one point he got stuck, having to backtrack quite a ways before finding the right path. He worked on it for a good five minutes before something popped out. He looked at it, determined it wasn't too important, and continued working. A few minutes later the same thing happened. The box was beginning to unfold itself more. This happened several more times until the top of the box was completely open. He peered inside, staring blankly at the empty box. He was confused, but his brain began to wonder what she was thinking, what she had meant to do in giving him a box with nothing inside.

(OOC- i didn't know what you wanted it to be, and you weren't around when i was typing this so that is the best i can give you ^^')

Anonymous

Akiko smiled, like she knew something he didn't know. "There is nothing in the box...I did say you would be confused as to what its contents were." She had almost a teacherly look about her as she talked to him. "So, what did you obtain by opening the box? Tell me." She knew he most likely wouldn't get this question right-it was just the sort of question asked simply to get a wrong answer and correct.

Anonymous

He wasn't sure if he liked where this was going. He didn't like being corrected too much. In fact, he pretty much hated it. He liked knowing the answer and getting praise for getting it right. That's how it always was for him. But now he didn't know where to go with this, what to say, or even how to explain what was on his mind. So instead he just stayed silent for a few minutes, staring at the box.

"Hmm" was all that came out when he finally began to speak. It still wouldn't be easy to explain what he thought, but at least now he had an idea. He figured she gave him the empty box to symbolize that there was nothing he should expect when given something. Nothing could be better than what was happening now, and she just wanted to remind him of that. But he wasn't sure how to phrase it without sounding cheesy or sappy. So he just hoped maybe she had the ability to read his mind and could hear everything thought in his head. She would know what he meant then.

Anonymous

Akiko continued to smile in a secretive way. "I gave you the box and you were going for what's inside, correct? But, the thing you were meant to be given was the box itself, not it's contents." She stared into his eyes. "Do you understand now?" She changed the subject. "Hey, I'm curious...do you think you'll ever be able to figure me out?"

Anonymous

She talked a lot. He liked it; it was different than he 'remembered' her to be. He just smiled at her. He had understood, only in a different way. She was older, wiser than him, but he understood what she wanted to say to him. But to answer her second question, "No, I don't think I will. But I am trying." He leaned closer to her, their faces almost touching, smiling at her with his mouth and his eyes. "my secretive little kitten."

Anonymous

Akiko smiled back, but inside, she wasn't smiling. The more she thought about it, this relationship was doomed to failiure. She was immortal, so if she did stay, he would die and age while she would stay the same the entire time. She shouldn't have come over to his house. She shouldn't have slept with him. She shouldn't have talked to him. Now, she had to fix the 'mess' she had created.

She stood, her smile fading. Now she looked tired, in a way that showed when someone had been going through much emotion. "I may have been acting like a teacher to you lately, but what is a teacher when the student will not remember her teachings?" She sighed deeply. She said, "I'm sorry for causing you pain you didn't deserve to experience. I'm sorry for it all. And now, it's my job to fix it..." She stood right infront of him. "As an immortal, I am permanantly frozen in time. Just as you will never learn more, never learn less, never discover...you will always be frozen in the state of knowledge you are at." She took out her master music box. It had an aura of power about it. "Now, I will bear the pain of remembering for you while you live in a state of ignorance..." She slowly began to turn the key.

"I know what's best for the both of us, please don't resist the sleep that will come to you. You know I love you. But, what's best for the two of us is..."

The music sarted playing, heavy in the air. It was a bittersweet sounding tune.

"...for this to end." she whispered the last part.

It wouldn't put him to sleep right away. He would be paralyzed, but able to speak. Then...he would fall asleep. For a while. Long enough for her to leave. And, he would comepletely forget about her during the sleep. She kept repeating in her mind, 'It's for the best. It's for the best...'