Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

She's like a Doll...((Tebby!))

Started by Anonymous, October 29, 2009, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Akiko looked up at him. "Oh. You seem to be very much wanting me to stay at your house. Very well." He may have kept her from leaving, but the battle of wits was far from over. She looked over her shoulder at him as she walked back twords his house. "By the way, if you wanted to buy something, you could have told me before I locked up and walked off." She faked a bit of annoyance in that sentence.

Anonymous

He nearly hissed. She was by all means snippy. She had a sort of arrogance to her that would make any man cringe. But even though that was the case, he couldn't keep her away. He just rolled his eyes at her comment. " You shouldn't be so snippy to a potential customer." He faked annoyance in the same manner she did. "and clearly you wanted not to leave. You would have put up a much greater struggle if you had truly wanted to go." He smirked.

Anonymous

She walked back in and sat back where she had earlier on the couch. "If you actually didn't care if I went, you wouldn't have made me stay." She shrugged. "That works both ways." She gazed around the room.

Anonymous

He shook his head. She was almost too smart for him. She could have left him. and he would have let her go if that was truly what she wanted to do. BUt she was toying with him, messing with his mind. He would have to try a different tactic. A completely different approach to where he had been going before.

He leaned back and shrugged. "Fine you're right. You are absolutely right. I wouldn't have let you go." He smiled a cocky little smile.

Anonymous

Akiko nodded. "Ah, I'm glad you're starting to see things my way." She sat down where she had before on the couch. She wasn't sure if she found his cocky little smile annoying or amusing in some way.

Anonymous

maybe it would work. Feed her ego and she will fall into the trap  of not being able to leave. But she didn't seem like the kind of person to attach to much, especially a person. She seemed like if the time came where she needed to leave, she could do it in an instant, without hesitation. But he just sat there smiling at her. For now, she wouldn't be going anywhere, at least not without him.

He took his seat across from her again, staring intently at the cart she was carrying. It suddenly caught his attention, for what reason he didn't know. He narrowed his eyes on it, staring at one of the boxes. "How do you make one of those? do you write the music for them or something?"

Anonymous

Akiko shook her head, a hint of a smile crossing her lips. "Ah, I can't tell you how I make them. It is my buisness, after all." She realized he was getting a tad cocky. She sighed inwardly at that. "I do write the music for them." She took out a different kind of box. Unlike the others, it wasn't a music box, and had no key to turn. She twirled the box around in her hands. "...It is late..." She said that with a hint of wanting to leave.

Anonymous

His eyes narrowed at the small box. "what's that?" After he said that, she noticed her tone. "Nevermind. You're right. It is getting late. you should probably head out." He stood and walked towards the door, offering his hand as he passed where she was sitting. "I'll walk you to where you need to go. These parts can get dangerous at night." He said with concern for her safety, no longer because he wanted to hook up with her. He figured if it was going to happen it would have already. But a second thought to that statement made him reconsider his words. "That is...if you want me to." He smiled at her, no hint of arrogance on his face.

Anonymous

Akiko stood and walked to the door with her cart and box. When he offered to walk her where she wanted to go, she shrugged. "That's nice of you, but I'm fine traveling alone." She flashed him a nice smile. It made her face look quite different than before. "You seem like a nice guy. I hope to see you sometime again." She walked off into the dark forest, without a care.

The next day, at evening, she came to his door with a basket of sandwiches. She set it down quickly and seemingly dissapeared. On the basket was a note, reading;

"Thank you for the sandwiches yesterday. I want to talk to you, if you want. Meet me where we first met, I'll be there. -Aki-"

Anonymous

He smiled, standing in the doorway watching as she disappeared into the forest. He waited a few seconds more before turning and closing the door. Maybe it wasn't hopeless. He could only hope.

He walked into his bedroom, closing the door behind him before readying himself for bed. He laid down and switched the light off. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He woke up and walked to the door, readying himself for his walk. He opened it, saw the basket and read the note. He was at first confused and then he smiled, moving the basket into his house for later. What a nice gift. He wandered off into the forest.

The leaves rustled high above in the trees. The birds among the leaves whistled their tunes and Zebediah kept the notes with his flute, hitting each note the birds sang as if he had been born to play it. He strolled along the trail, kicking stones as they crossed his path. Today had been particularly hectic. The best way he knew of relaxing was with a walk through forest, admiring the colors, sounds, and smells. They all seemed to swirl around him, engulfing him in pure peacefulness. The music grew as he added more and more notes to it, making it more complex, more beautiful. The intensity grew and he let the music take him over until he was merely letting the flute play itself.

He held the last note for a while, letting it echo around the trees, slowly fading away and leaving the silence behind when it finally died out. The birds fell silent as well. He sighed, wishing for the music to have continued. He shoved his flute in the carrier on his back and marched on, glancing from tree to tree, spotting a squirrel here and blue bird there. He smiled and breathed deeply, walking further and further into the forest.

He had been walking for a few minutes. Everything was moving around him, going on with it's daily functions. He began to hum subconsciously. Step by step, one foot in front of the other. The music grew louder, though still far away. It was an eerie tune that drew him in it's direction. He hadn't even realized were he was going until he reached the peak of the music. He couldn't see the source of where it was coming from but he couldn't leave until he did.

He followed his feet and his ears. They drew him forward, inch by inch. Minutes passed until he turned a corner and saw her. She was tiny and fragile looking. Even from far away he could see the glimmer of gold in her hair. He wasn't sure what he was going to do when he approached her, but if he didn't, it would break him even though he wasn't sure why. He continued forward slowly but surely. She was just staring off into the distance, her expression completely blank. He was nearly close enough to touch her when his feet stopped. He couldn't move forward anymore. So instead he decided to try and break her trance. " Hello miss. You lost?"

Anonymous

Akiko turned around to see him. She smiled a bit. "Oh, hello." She had an odd feeling that he didn't remember something. Due to her ability to change memories, she sometimes was able to sense when someone lost a memory. She frowned slightly and said, "Do you remember me from yesterday?"

Anonymous

Confusion crossed his face, followed by disappointment. "No miss. Should I?" He held onto his arm, embarrassed. He bit his lip, racking his brain for any memory. When nothing came to mind he chuckled a little bit. "Do you remember me?" he said jokingly.

Anonymous

Akiko sighed good-naturedly. "It's fine if you don't..But I remember you." She concentrated hard on getting her memories. Now to make him remember. She muttered something a little bit, and then, the memory of yesterday was given back to him. It would be a tad vague, but better than nothing. "How about now?"

Anonymous

It twas an odd sensation. He stood there one moment, the next he had a piercing headache like someone was pushing something into his head that didn't belong there. He gripped the sides of his head, trying to keep out whatever was intruding. He shut his eyes and gritted his teeth together. Something wanted into his head and he would fight that no matter what.

But after a moment, the pain ceased, creating a dreamlike state in his mind. He saw things he had never seen before. He saw himself, walking into the forest. He saw himself walking through the forest. He saw himself, staring at nothing, inside his doorway. He never remembered any of this happening, never experienced it and yet, there it was, in his brain, as if it had always been there. He was confused, scared, angry that he couldn't figure out why it was there. He opened his eyes, staring in horror at the small girl. "What happened yesterday?!" he nearly yelled it at her. But her couldn't help it. He wanted answers and she was the only one who could give them to him.

He stared blankly around the forest, leaning against a nearby tree as he saw and resaw the new images in his head. "Why couldn't i see this before?" he whispered to no one in particular.

Anonymous

Akiko felt rather sorry for him. "I'm sorry it hurt you. It does that. As for what happened yesterday, you met me in the forest. I went back to your house. We talked. I left. Next day, here we are." She touched his arm in a friendly gesture. "I put the memories back in your mind."

Anonymous

He blinked, flinching from her touch. It couldn't be. He remembered yesterday clearly. He...

He was at a loss. Nothing came to mind. Other then the thoughts she forced into his brain, he had no memory of what had happened yesterday. And when she said she had put memories into his head he grew angry. Why hadn't he remembered? Why had his brain erased yesterday? How many other things had he forgotten? How many days? Weeks? Months? Years? How old was he? So many questions popped into his brain and he had no one around to answer them for him.

"We didn't..." he paused. Did he really want to ask this stranger if he did anything with her? How could he be sure she was telling the truth? His eyes darted from her cart and back up to her. He broke away from the thought and decided to go in a different direction. "How'd you do the mind trick?"

Anonymous

She narrowed her eyes. "Hey, I'm trying to help you remember something useful, and you yell at me? Gee, thanks." She turned her back on him. "I thought you were a nice guy. Please."

Anonymous

He didn't even know her...or maybe he did and didn't remember or...ugh this was all so confusing! But he didn't like hurting girls. And she was a cute little thing. He looked at her and panicked. She had only been trying to help. He yelled at her. "I-I'm sorry. It's just, I...It's confusing. I don't know who you are. And these memories, er, whatever they are, they are...strange. I see myself. Are these your memories?" His eyes darted nervously. He was talking to a stranger. How could he know he wasn't in danger. That thought made him shift nervously from one foot to the other. He sure hoped she wasn't.

Anonymous

Aki turned back around. "They're technically what memories you're supposed to have. You apparantly have amnesia or something. I'm sorry if it seems odd to you." She put some more of the memories into his head to make it clearer what had happened. "I'm not trying to hurt you or anything, don't worry."

Anonymous

Another sharp pain shot through his head, duller then before. He clenched his fists. This headache was more brief, less painful. He closed his eyes, seeing the memories. They were still confusing, but he pieced them all together, seeing most of the events that occurred yesterday. There were a few holes, probably unimportant events, but he saw them. He opened his eyes, staring at the small girl. He was scared of her, of her mysterious power. But he knew her...sort of. He just wished he had ACTUALLY remembered what had happened. "So...I know you. And we spent yesterday together?" He paused. "You were the one who gave me the sandwiches." It wasn't a question. He smiled, letting out a small chuckle. She really was adorable.