Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Don't Think We've Met Before (Rhi!)

Started by Anonymous, August 11, 2009, 08:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Magdiel was getting tired. She loved to travel and sell her wares, but this was getting ridiculous! Stuck straight in the middle of a crowd of people, Magdiel couldn't move an inch. She was also very close to dropping everything she'd brought, and her arms felt like lead weights. What Magdiel needed was something to ride. And it wouldn't hurt if it had wings, either. She was beginning to breathe strangely as a feeling of claustrophobia overcame her. Mature as she was, she was only an elf. What if the big bottoms she could see when she looked on either side flattened her like a pancake?

Rhindeer

Ugh, he'd picked the worst day ever to go to market.

There were people everywhere, packed tightly all about him, and Dai found himself having to shoulder his way through the crowd every step he took--which was rather distressing. He wasn't made for this sort of roughness! His hair, long and sea-green and pulled into a braid, was getting all messed up, his clothes were getting dirty, and people kept tripping over his hooves or smacking into his tail. Eventually he just grabbed hold of the thing and carried the end in his hand to try and keep it out of peoples' way, and he just about cried when he saw the state of the tuft. It was a tangled mess, and brushing that out hurt.

Yup. Worst day ever. He'd picked it.

He just needed to get down the street toward his favorite trinket shop...just one shop! That's all he asked for! Well, maybe two. He was craving carrots...

Ears laid flat with determination, Dai squared his thin shoulders, balled his fists, took a deep breath, and pushed through the crowd with new-found purpose, feeling guilty every time he jostled someone. But he was almost there! Just a bit further and he could buy that pretty silver bracelet he'd been wanting for some time now. He'd asked and Ashley had given him the money. Hopefully no one else had bought--

"Oof!"

He didn't see the woman until he'd knocked right into her--she and all the stuff she was carrying. Dai bounced backwards off of her and stumbled, but was quick to regain his footing and keep from falling on his bottom. The woman...

"Ahh! I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Dai asked, chewing his bottom lip in worry.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Everything Magdiel was carrying went flying. She was trembling so much now as she leaned down to pick up her wares that one would have already thought someone squished her.

"I-I think- I'm fine..." She was trying to gather her things as quickly as possible, but she had brought so much that it would take a good half an hour out of her day if someone didn't help her. And even if someone did help her, they could get squished too!

She wasn't fine, of course. Even she knew that, but being the independent type, she wasn't about to force someone to help her if they didn't want to.  "Um... what about you? Are you all right?"

What exactly was he anyway? Her motherly instincts started to kick in when she saw how completely...adorable he was. Gods, he was so cute! She thought he looked like a unicorn, but then again, his face and body resembled a boy's. But the horn... yes, definitely a unicorn. "I've never seen anything like you before," she finished lamely.

Rhindeer

Brushing himself off, Dai leaned over and watched as the woman collected her scattered supplies but didn't move to help her pick them up. "Yeah, I'm okay. Um, sorry about that, miss, I really didn't see you there," he said with a frown, tail swishing side to side behind him.

He felt bad about running into her and knocking everything to the ground, but unfortunately for the elf, that was about as far as his remorse extended. It didn't even occur to him to get down there and help her clean up and even so, why should he? The ground was dirty and she seemed to be doing a good job grabbing everything on her own, anyway.

He tilted his head curiously when he noticed she was staring and flicked an ear at a fly. Why was she looking at him like that? Did he have something on his face? As soon as Dai reached up to rub at the bridge of his nose, in case, the woman spoke up and Dai broke out into a grin. Ohh, that was it.

"Really? Never?" His ears pricked up and he leaned back down, hands on his knees. Maybe that was a dumb question. Ashley had seemed really interested in him, too, and he got a lot of compliments around here--which he was not complaining about. "Well, I guess not many people have. It's the horn, isn't it? Oh, hey, you should probably hurry and get out of the street," he added, straightening up and looking around. People were going to start walking all over her stuff if she didn't pick up her pace, and he didn't want to stand around in the way and get tripped on.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

She tried to be as fast as possible, but when her things were finally picked up, it wasn't without a few bruises on her hands where people had stepped on them. She'd be very surprised if she didn't have a fracture in one arm. And then there was the unicorn boy, who'd just stood there and watched her. Cute, but arrogant...that's what she thought about him.

No matter, she still wanted to talk.

"My name is Magdiel. What's yours? Do you live around here?"

Rhindeer

While the woman gathered her things, Dai picked his way through the crowd and moved over to the side of the street to stand beneath a swinging tavern sign. There he waited, peering through the shifting crowd for signs of the woman. She made it through soon enough and he straightened up and smiled at her when she approached.

The smile faltered a bit when he saw that she looked a little...battered.

Selfish he might be, but he didn't like seeing people get hurt. How had that happened?

"Uh...are you okay?" he asked, rather than answer her question. But then because ignoring her question might seem rude, he added, "I'm Dai and, um...yeah, I live here..."

Anonymous

"It hurts," she admitted. "Especially in my right arm. But I think I'll be fine." Right now she was still far too curious about this boy to pay attention to her own injuries. "Where do you live? Maybe I could stop and rest there, if you don't mind, and get a better look at what exactly those people did to my arm."