Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

About Character Profiles

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2009, 11:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Can I make more than one post in my character's profile? I want to include a tidbit about the species, but I want the first post to remain expressly for the character's personality information and suchlike. Anyone wishing to know about the species could just scroll down and look at the species discussion. None of the profiles had more than one post in them, so I wasn't sure.

Also, are we allowed to edit a character's profiles if we have not used them in the RP yet? The logic of my character and her whole background seems broken at the moment, and I'd like to fix it before she goes into an RP thread.

Anonymous

Hmmm, I'm not sure about your first question really. I mean, really if you want to include tidbits of the species, it's better to just put it in with the original post, but I don't see why you couldn't just tack it on in a reply to the character profile.

The second question of course is "Yes! Edit to your heart's desire!" That is your character, you change whatever the heck you need to change with it! Had a neat idea for a scar or perhaps a personality quirk? Change! Maybe during the course of role playing they had a little incident or traumatic experience and don't trust people or dislike pickles, go ahead and change! It's your character profile, you change it to whatever you need to change it to!

Goldie

To answer your first question, if you'd like to do it in a separate reply to your character's profile thread, you can definitely do that. It is your character after all!

But I do tend to lean more towards Shizzy's idea. Putting the species information in the actual character profile gives it a higher chance of actually being read!

Ultimately, it's up to you ^_^