Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anyone Want a Dragon? ((Shadowblade!))

Started by Anonymous, December 12, 2009, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

In the middle of day, passerbys gawked at the sight. It was a little man, trying to pass off a dragon to anyone he saw. They kept clear of him. The dragon had a heavy chain on its neck, and didn't appear very happy at its current state. It did not try to get away, though. The man kept insisting she was a good dragon, one that would be loyal to whoever wanted to keep her. This did not sway the people. They ignored the man, tried to reject his offers. Some people wondered how he aquired such a dragon. Others thought him stupid to have a dragon in the first place.

Zahra watched the little man. She couldn't understand why he wanted to rid himself of her so, but she cooperated and let herself be guided down the path with her 'leash'. She was curious as to whom she would be passed onto. She didn't know, and she really did hope it was someone that would be at least a tiny bit friendly. She searched the passerbys on the forest path with her eyes. They seemed so...ordinary. And she seemed rather out of place in such an area. She exhaled in what sounded like a large sigh. Today wasn't the best day, but at least it was interesting. Somewhat. Allthough she looked slightly curious, her boredom was obvious.

Anonymous

Marcos exited the small path that lead through the woods, finding himself once again on the road. The detour had been considerably longer than he'd expected, but the stopover at his cousin's house had been worth it. Having a couple fresh, homemade meals was something he rarely had a chance to indulge in. Just as he rounded the bend, he saw a couple merchants with their wagons go by in the other direction. Normally it wouldn't have registered much, but the fact that they kept looking back over their shoulders with an odd, nearly wild, look in their eyes intrigued him. Pulling the hood of his light gray cloak a little further forward to keep his tri-colored eyes from view, he pushes on down the road, his staff leading the way.

As he rounds the very next bend, he comes upon the source of all the commotion on a normally quiet stretch of road. There, slowly walking down the trading route, was a short fellow leading a dragon by a chain.

'Well wonders never cease,' Marcos thought to himself. He'd never actually seen a dragon, other than his father, of course, but his father had never actually returned to his true form in front of Marcos. The few times he'd taken on his own draconic form, he'd never taken a good look at himself. So, having a live dragon in front of him was... startling, to say the least.

Slowing considerably, he watches and listens as the man constantly tries to pawn off the dragon, and Marcos soon learns that the dragon is female. Thus, the plot thickens. The quiet thump of his staff and the slight thump of his boots are the only sounds that drift toward the odd pair. Though Marcos does happen to be upwind of them. Does a half-dragon smell anything like a full dragon? Who knows, though the female downwind is likely to catch wind of him eventually.

Anonymous

As Zahra smelled the air, she realized there was another dragon about. She had never really seen another dragon, she allways had wanted to though. Something about the scent seemed....different. Curious about this, she refused to follow the man's directions, and began to take him for a walk. She followed the scent, and it led her to a man.

She was clearly confused. A dragon-man was something she thought didn't exist. She was certain this scent came from him, but how? She walked infront of the man, her saphire eyes locking in on him. She lowered her head to get a better look at this dragon-man. Her head was at his level. The little man quickly ran over to Marcos. "Hey, sir! Sorry if she's in your way, she doesn't usually do this.." He gestured to her. "Would you like her? She's very loyal, don't worry, and she won't hurt you! Please, take her with you, she's a good creature, I tell you!" He thrust the chain infront of him, twords Marcos. Zahra watched this attempted exchange with mild amusement.

Anonymous

Marcos was startled, certainly. Who wouldn't if a dragon suddenly walked up and began looking at you quite intently? Completely oblivious to everything else, his cloak-shaded eyes were locked on hers. Unsure of what to do, he simply stood his ground, his own gaze searching, curious, and wondering what she was doing here under these circumstances.

He blinks when the chain is thrust, quite literally, into his hands, and the spell is broken. He quickly shakes his head, as if to clear his head, and looks around.

He wanted to get somewhere out of sight of the road. Having a conversation in the middle of the road wasn't going to do either him or the dragon any good. Spotting a low hill flanked by stands of trees, he gestures in that direction.

"Please, follow me, and we can talk on the other side of the hill over there."

Starting off in that direction, questions dart through his mind. Who was she? Where was she from? How'd she end up with a chain around her neck?

This was definitely not how he'd planned to spend his day, but, wanderlust or no, some mysteries were best left solved before moving on. This, at least as far as Marcos was concerned, was one of them.

Anonymous

When they got to the other side of the hill, the little man began to speak again. "Now that we're here, would you like to know more of her? She's a very nice, intelligent creature. She likes being talked to and seems to understand, I guess she does in her own way..." He smiled a bit. "She goes by Zahra." He looked up at her as if she were a friend. "I don't really wish to part with her, but I have not the resources to take care of her. Please, sir, take her with you!" He thrust the chain foreward.

Zahra nudged Marcos slightly with her nose. She thought him interesting. She did want to go with him, for however long a time, and find out who he was, what he was. She looked into his eyes curiously again. She wondered what kind of mysteries lay in those mysterious eyes of his.

Anonymous

Marcos looked from the little man to Zahra. He'd never owned another sentient creature, and was loathe to do so. Regardless, he didn't see as how he had much choice in the matter. At the very least, he could set her free afterwards.

"Alright, I'll take her."

Though, he resolved to himself, he would set her free as soon as he possibly could. He'd been a slave, and would never keep one. Whatever happened, he wouldn't keep her permanently, whether as a pet, servant, or slave. He would find a way to free her.

Looking her over, he almost longed to take his own dragon form, so that he could fly with her. It was rare that he had a chance to simply shuck all responsibility and just take off into the air, soaring for hours, sometimes days. To him, flight was a freedom that he enjoyed on the occasions he could, and he wanted to share that with her. Until then, he would just take the time to get to know Zahra better.

Concentrating for a moment, he feels the familiar sensation of forging a link to another mind, and starts 'speaking' through the conduit.

~ It's nice to meet you, Zahra. My name's Marcos.~

Anonymous

The little man smiled graciously. "Thank you very much sir!" He set the chain in Marcos's hands and scurried off to return home.

Zahra lowered her head in a sign of respect for her new 'master'. ~It's nice to meet you too, sir.~ She raised her head back to its normal height. Her scales glinted, glinting silver. She stepped into the sunlight and her scales glittered like diamonds. She tilted her head to the side a tad. ~I'm sorry if this sounds rude, sir...but may I ask why you have the scent of a dragon? It puzzles me."

Anonymous

Marcos smiled in response to the question. He'd figured a question like that would come up.

~Well, that's because I'm half dragon. My father was a dragon, and my mother was human.~

He walks over to a boulder that's half-buried in the hillside and leans his staff against it before removing his cloak and jumping up onto the large stone. He sits down with his legs crossed, and leans back against part of the rocky outcropping. His eyes half-closed as he enjoys the warm sunshine, he asks a question of his own.

~So how is it that you ended up with that chain?~

Anonymous

Zahra let out what could be compared to a long sigh. ~Well, that man actually saved me from being a slave. He got me when I was younger from another man that would have made me work for nothing. I'm rather lucky, you could say. The only problem is, the man didn't really think about me and my needs as much as he should have....he didn't give me much food...~ She layed down on the ground. ~I'm babbling. You probabaly don't want to hear about my problems, do you, sir?~ She lay her head down next to him.