Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Crash Course in How *Not* To Pick Up Girls

Started by Anonymous, May 01, 2005, 07:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Æana blushed despite herself when Mizuumi called her cute.

Æana: Well, anyways, I came into town then and came to a bar. I reasoned that as late as it was, it would be the only place with lots of people in it. I met this guy there, Aznimal, and he seemed nice enough. I didn't realize that he was drunk until I was half-drunk myself. I mean, I didn't order alcohol or anything. Well, I did, but I didn't mean to. I mean, I was tipsy already, but I don't know how. But anyways, I remember ordering a raspberry daquiri after I was tipsy, and then all I can remember is waking up at an inn this morning, about forty-five minutes ago. Naked. And with a really bad hangover.

Æana looked down at the ground again, ashamed.

Anonymous

Mizuumi: You know, I'd really like to know how you got drunk, when you didn't order any alcohol, after the first one. And one isn't enough to get anyone seriously drunk. She must've been spiking your drinks.... You still got a hangover?

She looked at the ground.

Mizuumi: No need to be ashamed. You didn't know you were getting drunk.

Anonymous

Æana: Tch, it was really brilliant of me to going into a fucking bar in the first place.

Æana sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She hugged her arms to her chest and rested her chin on her left hand.

Æana: Yeah, that was really stupid of me. I hope I never have any daughters because if they ever ask me what losing my virginity was like, I'd hate myself to have to say "I don't remember."

Anonymous

He gave Æana a friendly hug around her shoulders.

Mizuumi: It's okay, Æana. Bars are usually the best places to go when you're looking for people or information. And it's not your fault you got drunk. It's the bitch bartender's. She spiked your drinks. And I wouldn't know, but I hear it hurts to lose your virginity. It hurts more for some people, and less for others. And, maybe, you can find someone and have your first time over again. Only without the pain and drunkeness.

Anonymous

Æana smiled at Mizuumi's suggestion. She didn't believe a word of it, but she appreciated the gesture. He was trying to comfort her, even if it wasn't the truth.

Æana: Thanks Mizuumi. You're probably right.

She hugged him back slightly, as she was feeling too bad to put much effort into it.

Anonymous

Mizuumi didn't let go of Æana. He figured she needed a long hug. He thought for a momen about what to say next.

Mizuumi: So, where are you going after this? I could come with you if you want. I have no other plans.

Anonymous

Æana stayed in the hug, but a blush was creeping up her cheeks. She couldn't figure out if it was the hangover or the close proximity she was to Mizuumi that caused it, and she really didn't want to know. He then offered to come with her.

Æana: Well, that does sound nice, thought I would like to stay somewhere for a week or two until my life calms down a bit. But yes, I could use the company when I go to find my fa..ther... err, that might not be a good idea.

Anonymous

Mizuumi continued to hug Æana.

Mizuumi: Why wouldn't that be a good idea? I haven't done anything wrong.

He thought for a second.

Mizuumi: Do you want me to let you go now?

Anonymous

Æana: I don't think it would really mater to daddy whether or not you've done anything. He'll just see that you're a teenage guy who's been spending long periods of time with me, and unsupervised at that. Despite my dad's shady dealings in his younger years, he is quite overprotective of me.

Æana shrugged when Mizuumi asked if she wanted to end the hug.

Æana: If you want to. It might be best to prevent anyone getting the wrong idea.

Anonymous

Mizuumi: I'm not so sure I want to know about these "shady dealings." I don't, do I?

He let go of her.

Mizuumi: You're probably right. We don't want anyone to think bad of you. Especially if you haven't done anything wrong.

Anonymous

Æana: Ye-eah, you don't wanna know.

Mizuumi let go of her.

Æana: Thanks. So, where are you staying? I could use a warm meal and a soft, unoccupied bed.

Anonymous

Mizuumi: I was staying with this guy named Aki. He lives in what's most likely the biggest building here. It's over there, somewhere.

He pointed in a random direction.

Mizuumi:  I think. Oh, well. I can find it.

Anonymous

Æana: Aki, huh? I used to know a boy by that name. Couldn't see him staying in a big house, though. He was a real loner.

Æana shrugged off the name. There was likely more than one person named Aki.

Æana: So, when shall we go?

Anonymous

Mizuumi: Really? That might be him. He seemed like a loner to me. Oh, welll. Anyways, we can leave whenever you want to. Aki let me stay in his room, so I suppose you could stay there, too. I'll sleep on the floor, and you can have the bed.

Anonymous

Æana turned to Mizuumi and immediately began protesting.

Æana: I couldn't just kick you out of the bed like that! We can take turns with who gets the bed, I insist. Anyways, we can sort sleeping arrangements out when we get there, let's just get going.

Anonymous

Mizuumi looked around for a moment before finding the biggest building he could see. He pointed it out.

Mizuumi: There it is! Told you I could find it. Let's go.

He walked off in the direction of the house.

Mizuumi: I'm fine with sleeping on the floor. Really. You deserve the bed. You've been through a lot.

Anonymous

Mizuumi looked around for a moment before finding the biggest building he could see. He pointed it out.

Mizuumi: There it is! Told you I could find it. Let's go.

He walked off in the direction of the house.

Mizuumi: I'm fine with sleeping on the floor. Really. You deserve the bed. You've had a pretty bad experience.

Anonymous

Æana didn't feel like arguing right now, so she just agreed.

Æana: Well, for now, I guess.

She followed him to the mansion-esque house that looked creepy during the day as well, but she didn't worry about it. There was a warm bed in there with her name on it, so it was all good. She ran up to the door but waited on Mizuumi to open it.

Anonymous

Mizuumi ran up to stand beside Æana. He opened the door for her, and bowed as she walked past.

Mizuumi: After you. I'll come behind you and show you to the room. It's a pretty big place and I've only been here once, so I'll try not to get us lost.

He smiled at her.

Anonymous

Æana stepped inside and smiled back.

Æana: Yeah, it looks huge. I'd imagine it's easy to get lost here.

Someone in a black robe with blood running down her chin glided across the hallway overhanging the parlor. She didn't spare either one of them a second glance, as she was obviously preoccupied, her fangs grown past her lips in anticipation. Æana recognised this person as obviously being a vampire. She then glanced at Mizuumi, secretly checking him for fangs.

Æana: So, uhm, how did you come to this place?