Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Use to your advantage (open)

Started by hikaru.dream, December 17, 2009, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hikaru.dream

Kei sat on a branch high above the ground, hidden by the leaves and other branches. Most of the travelers beneath didn't notice the two golden eyes gazing down on them. The ones that did were smart enough to realize that she meant no harm, or that she was something that was not worth risking their lives to bother. That was perfectly fine by Kei. Even though she had spent so much time traveling around villages, towns, and even cities, she had to admit that she still felt uneasy around humans. Something deep inside her seemed to pick up negative reactions of them. The origins of those negative were not from Kei herself, but the trees.  They feared the selfish creatures that took and rarely gave back. Not all of them, of course, but a good many were afraid of the two legged beings.

That, however, was not what stopped her from entering the town. It was interesting to watch the many travelers pass by. Small, big, thin, fat, dead, alive... Almost any type of living (or dead) creatures that you could imagine would pass you in Serendipity. It was enjoyable to watch the variety of travelers. It also gave her a chance to judge the weaknesses of that certain species.

Another reason for her to stay sitting on the branch was because she knew that she frightened many people, especially children. Experience tended to express itself, and though she tried, she could not help giving off the fierce aura that she had gained through hardships in the past. She always kept her face straight, neither smiling nor frowning, and perhaps that was what made her so intimidating. However, she did not feel like tiring herself by smiling at people she didn't even care much about.

Anyway, there were more jobs in the evening than at noon.
She might as well wait a couple more hours.

Anonymous

Rel after a day of walking decided to sit under at tree and practice his art of Fire. To Rel fire never seemed to be more entertaining but it did have its down sides. Once Rel got enough fire balls he started juggling them with much success. it started drawing a crowd of people from young, little, old, and tall all of them fascinated by what this one man was able to accomplish. After he was done he asked around a bout a girl who might have passed by here with the power to  control ice. Not much success.

After about an hour latter when the crowd had gone he noticed some eyes in a tree. "Hello there!" He said in quite a cheery voice "Mind I ask you a few questions?"

hikaru.dream

Kei had been sitting on that branch almost half a day. Few had noticed her and none had tried to say anything to her. Therefore, she glanced down startled, when a man called up to her.

He smelled of fire.
Fire was not a good element for the forest, and instinctively tensed. Then she realized that she was just the same. She had learned fire and ice, both elements that did not belong to the forest. She no longer could say she belonged.

After a couple of moments, she jumped lightly down to the ground.
"Yes?" she said softly, her golden eyes unblinking.

Anonymous

"why are you in a tree, i know now a days people like climbing them but i don't see the point. second why are you out here all alone?" Rel asked in a polite way "i may seem strang to you but i mean you no harm i also want to know if you have seen a girl about my age (20) heading this way with the power to control ice as well as i can control fire?"

hikaru.dream

"Is there something wrong with being in a tree?" Kei replied with a straight poker face. This man did not sound very intelligent to her. But in general humans never sounded smart to her, so maybe she was just being to criticizing.

"No, I haven't," Kei said. "Not many use their magic in a forest that has few dangers. After all, there are children here."

Anonymous

"Well thank you any way. The reason i ask about you being in a tree is because i think its point less to climb them." Rel stated 'Whats that over there?' as Rel said this a dust cloud was forming on the horizon to the south. "Looks like we have some company. A very7 bad sort if you catch my drift."