Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

We Are Free and Fairly Sober (Mordred)

Started by Anonymous, January 04, 2010, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

There was just too much green.

The rolling hills were beautiful to some people, with green stretching toward dark and foreboding mountains. So calm and peaceful, the long grass swaying in the wind as it gently caressed the hills. There weren't a lot of trees, in fact, there were exactly zero trees nearby at this time, which meant there was just grass and hills. There was a type of road, mainly just where the grass had died from the horse hooves and wagons that often traversed the hilly path. Still, at least it wasn't...'boring' so to speak. It had a strange way to it that ensured it wasn't boring.

At least...to some people.

"We should have gone south." Lamented a young man who slowly plodded forward. There were three of these men, all in a row, walking along a dirt path. Saying they were identical triplets was a little...well, they were almost clones really. Each of the men had the same face, high cheekbones, somewhat sunken eye sockets, they had nice sized noses that bent downward slightly, not overly thick lips but 'plump' perhaps, a strong jaw, and a small forehead. Each man looked like someone had just copied the body of one of them, and then did a few minor colour changes to each man. While the first man had short black hair, with burning red eyes and a goatee around his mouth, the second man had pure black eyes, with matching black hair and a soul path under his bottom lip. The last man however was lighter, he was grey, his hair was a strange soft grey, not one of age however, it looked...natural...as did his grey misty eyes.

"It was Gust's turn to pick and he....ugh...why did we listen to him anyway? He's out of his damned mind most of the time anyway!" The second man muttered as he cast a glance to the last man who was smiling faintly and staring at the sky like he was a million miles away. The fact was, he probably was a little far away, he walked with little purpose and seemed to be walking on automatic even. In some way, he was there, as his sandalled feet picked up instead of dragging along like a shuffling zombie. He did just have that goofy expression on his face though, as if nothing in the world could bother him.

As the day began to wear on, the day was slowly turning to night. The leader of the little group slowed down and sighed as the last light of the sun disappeared. "Night time. Great. Let's camp for the night." The man muttered as he began to walk off the side of the road into the grass. The second man looked more awake now, and very much like a ghost in his black robe, dotted with shimmering white circles. He looked like a bunch of fireflies were buzzing about in the distance. "I don't know why you would want to do such a thing Burn, I'm wide awake." The man commented to the one called Burn, grinning all the while at him. "Because I'm hungry and tired. Just...get some damn firewood out. Jerk." He cast a glare at the shadowy man, who laughed as he dug into a special satchel attached to his robe. It was nothing really, so ordinary, so plain, but within seconds the man was pulling out large cords of firewood and placing them together.

When they were all lined up, Burn touched the firewood with his fingertips and the entire bunch suddenly burst into flame, crackling merrily. "Shade, can you sit Gust down...he looks very creepy like that." Burn asked his brother, who nodded and grabbed a hold of Gust's grey robe and pulled him down. The man automatically sat, though his face still was looking skyward and he had that goofy expression to him even now. "Alright, pork sound good to you?" Burn only had to ask Shade, as Gust would eat whatever they made...if he even ate at all. The two of them joked that he was air-powered now and could eat off the wind and the air if he so wanted to. Sometimes it actually seemed that way.

The two men who weren't off in their own little world began to cook their meal, though when it was done they seemed only able to complain to each other. "I wish we had some ale." One mourned as he looked down at his half empty plate. Burn could only sigh and shake his head. "I wish we had some women. That's what every long distance trek needs, a wagon full of women." Shade gave an evil chuckle and nodded in agreement. "Yes, a wagon full of women in slave clothes with chains and manacles. Forced to do the bidding of anyone who holds their reigns." Burn coughed uncomfortably as he shifted away from Shade. "Sometimes I forget how creepy you can be Shade." Burn commented as he went back to his food. Shade just grinned sheepishly. "I have a good imagination, not my fault I don't have a filter to stop myself from sharing." The two men laughed, and it only took a few minutes before Gust laughed as well. Then again...Gust did that a lot...sometimes he might have been laughing with them, or laughing at something on the wind. It was almost impossible to tell really.

After their dinner was done, and the plates and what not were put away in their strange little satchels, the men relaxed and stared at the fire. "Would there even be a point to being on guard tonight? I highly doubt there's a vicious monster or animal out here...too peaceful...Gust? You hear anything on the winds about that?" Both of them looked to the dazed man, who just sat there staring upward. "That sounds like an all clear to me." Shade stood up and peeled his robe off, leaving just a simple pair of pants and a thin shirt on his person. He folded the robe nicely, put it into the satchel, and then retrieved from the strange bag a pillow and a blanket. "Vec bless the man who made the pockets of extra-space." Shade murmured as he wrapped himself in his blanket and lay down, resting his head on his pillow. Burn pulled off his robe as well, which was black with a rather realistic flame print running from the hem upwards. Underneath, he wore a style of clothes similar to the robe, with the flame print on the legs and the arms.

He also had a satchel, which he removed two blankets from, one of them had the nice flame print on it, the other was plain grey. He put the plain grey one around Gust, who just sat there...eyes open...but snoring. That always creeped him out. Then he wrapped himself in his blanket, lay down with his pillow and closed his eyes.

Much...much better.

Anonymous

She'd started out in the jungles of Kishahn. And she'd spent several days their exploring and wondering until it started to thin and heat and soon her sandaled feet where in the sands of the desert. Jungles she adores, deserts she hated with a passion. Barren, desolate places where hardly anything grew and sand and heat overcame everything. The heat of the place seemed to suck the water out of the very air. And with water being her main element, it seemed to suck it right out of her as well. Heat and fire hurt her more than anything else. So, during the days she'd turn her simple, battered cloak into a canvas for a small shade and she traveled at night. A e-ga-hi, ball of light, floated before her to light her way. She'd skirted the city there wanting to stay away from places like that. She wasn't a person for the cities, most had rules about magic, or magic people and since she had no clue what those rules were, she felt she was better off not risking it.

Finally, she had exited the hot desert and into the plains of lower Le'raana. She almost fell to her knees in the tall grass and kissed the ground, almost. And so she carried on, putting her hand out and letting it glide along the tops of the grass and she made her way across the plains. Then up and over the mountain range and down into valley there. She rested and camped when she was tired or hungry, but mostly she ate as she walked. Berries, plant tubers, and the like where her food. When she found water she took breaks to swim or wade to reconnect and relax in the natural spring of the world around her.

And finally she'd come to the grassy rolling of the hills of the highlands. Here was a place she liked as well. She'd been traversing the trails and exploring the land for a few days now and she hadn't really ran into anyone. Which was fine by her. Today was different as the wind danced through her long hair it whispered of people traveling. She was seated on her cloak on a rise as she enjoyed some berries she'd found earlier. She now debated whether to ignore the people who traveled or go and see them. While she hated cities, people were not a problem and often they could offer information about things around them. So, she decided to seek them out.

Standing she flipped out the battered cloak and looked it over, it was about time for a new one she figured. Breathing out a huffed breather she brought it around her shoulders and picked up her staff and leaped into the air, letting it's current carry her. She was deposited at the base of the hill with a soft smile on her face. While she could control water to do whatever she pleased, the other elements were harder. Minor things, like current gliding, were easy. But, she could call on them when needed. Minor callings was about all she could do with the other elements. Grand calling, such as tornados and firestorms, were not something she could do. She liked water better, anyway.

And so began her trek to find the travelers. It would be later in the night when she saw the fires of the camp in the distance. She'd continue on, though, her sandaled feet carrying her across the grass. When she was several feet from the camp she stopped and bit her lip. How best to approach them? Should she wait for the dawn and then move in? Should she go now and wake them up? Her brow crinkled slightly as she thought on this. Pushing the cloak over her shoulders she'd lean on her staff for a moment. Her bodice type top dipped into a V just above her navel. And her long white skirt danced in the slight breeze and was slit from hip to toe and held together by the gold belt she wore around her waist. Deep emerald eyes set of the reddish tint of her burette hair and added a brilliance to her pretty face. Her skin was fair without any hints of damage from the suns rays and carried a healthy glow about it. She was old, don't let the looks fool you, but she looked to be in her early twenties, maybe middle twenties. If they even tried to guess her age she would bet that they'd get it wrong.

Deciding to wake one of them up she'd head into the camp and look around. They were all men and she'd stop short. Each one looked like the last. But, which one to wake? She decided on the one with the goatee and knelt beside him. She'd lean slightly over him and poke him once as she spoke. "Mister?" It was a soft voice, serene and questioning at the same time.

(wow, I hadn't posted like that in a while xD. xD )

Anonymous

The men all slept peacefully.

It was impossible to tell though if Gust was actually sleeping. The heavy breathing and snoring was a good indicator, but the fact his eyes were open was just creepy. He had fallen over by now and was laying there, eyes open, staring out into the darkness of the sky, a very comfortable smile on his lips. These were truly an odd trio, clones of one another with some mild differences in facial hair, colourings, and personalities but...damned if they didn't just look like each other. Funny enough was despite Shade and Burn having neatly trimmed facial hair, Gust was completely smooth, as if he couldn't even grow so much as a peach fuzz or a whisker.

They were deep into sleep as the strange woman approached. Each of them in a slumber of their most personal subconscious. They were in a peaceful sleep, unaware of a woman creeping into their camp. Was it just bad luck that she had picked Burn to annoy? He was the strangest of the three when it came to sleeping, and perhaps one of the foggiest in the morning. It took him a while to realize that he had stopped dreaming, and to say that getting in such close proximity to him was a bad idea wasn't strong enough. The poke in his side caused him to grunt, and a soft voice spoke a single word. Rolling onto his back he mumbled something as his eyes slowly opened.

"Nnn, there you are." He spoke quietly as his arm reached up and embraced her around the shoulder. "I still think you owe me, let me make a withdrawal." It was clearly evident that he was still half asleep as he suddenly brought her down to him and soundly kissed her on the lips. His half-lidded eyes however suddenly snapped to attention as he realized that this was not a dream, and this was NOT the sexy inn that he thought he had been in. Everything changed as she suddenly pushed the woman away and scrambled backwards away from her, knocking into Shade who yelped in surprise.

"Ah Vec Almighty! What is your problem!" Shade growled angrily as he sat up, ready to punch his brother in the gut, until he noticed that there was SOMEONE in their camp with them. This little threesome had just turned into a party it seemed. While she didn't look dangerous, Burn still held fire in his hand. "Any reason you're sneaking up on a man while he sleeps? Making him think you're some wench from the brothel?" Burn asked suspiciously, glaring and pouting almost at the same time. Shade looked at his brother curious. "Good dream?" He asked. "The best." Burn muttered, more outraged by the fact that he was no longer having that dream. Still, she was a looker, and he had kissed her...so it wasn't too bad.

"Better start talking girly."

Anonymous

It probably wasn't bad luck, call it more like the closest when she'd made the choice to wake someone up. Besides, the one sleeping with his eyes open made her nervous but, he was snoring which meant he was asleep. And waking any guy up from a deep sleep when you were in the middle of nowhere was probably a bad idea in it's self. But, hey, she wasn't the patient type sometimes. So, the poke was given and she spoke and got a half response which made her smile a little. When he rolled over and his eyes slowly opened and she figured all was good.

That is until he embraced her around the shoulders she'd put out her hands bracing against him even as soundly kissed her on the mouth. She hadn't had time to say anything either. Her eyes would be wide with surprise and she'd give a push at him. To say she'd never been kissed would be wrong. It was just no man kissed her without asking first. It was a protective instinct of hers.  When she was pushed back she'd scramble back even farther. Her hand would shoot out and the wind would retrieve her staff and place it into her hands as she flipped up into a kneeling position. This happened while the two men were having the little conversation.

Slowly standing she'd look back and forth between the two, her staff held slightly infront of her as she did so. The fire in the one man's hand was noted and it would bring a slight smirk to her lips as she stood there. "Throw that and your going to be in a whole world of hurt." Her voice was still as serene as it had been before, but with a slightly guarded tone added to the mix. "I wasn't sneaking. If I was sneaking you would have never known I was here. I can't help you were dreaming of a place like that when I tried to wake you. I suppose it's an interesting choice for a guy, as dreams go." That smirk never left her lips as she rolled her eyes as they conversed once again.

A hand was placed on her hip as it was cocked to the side as she pushed her cloak over her shoulder once again as their attention came back to her. "I simply wanted to ask some questions and didn't feel like waiting. I tried to wake, Grumpy." She pointed at Burn. "And he kissed me. Which he will not be doing again." She eyed him a moment before she continued on. "I'm sorry I startled you. Although, How three guys can be worried about one woman worries me. I mean, there's three of you and one of me." She didn't show off, just wasn't in her. But, she would freeze all three of them if they gave her a reason to. But, she didn't think she was going to get much trouble out of the three, well two. "My name's Mordred and I am just passing through. All I wanted to know is some of the rules of the neighboring cities. More specially the ones that don't allow magic." She'd been through that once before, didn't want to do it any time soon since it was not a pleasant experience.

Anonymous

He wished she had just yelled from the side of the camp to awake them, but instead she had to get all close and touchy. Really, him kissing her was exactly her fault and it could be said that if she had to blame someone, it was herself. Yes. He was perfectly fine, he had just been dreaming and then she had come along and...well the rest was history now. Still, it hadn't been the worst of kisses, but still, it had been unwanted and she had fought. Now that he thought about it was probably on the low part of his kiss list. If he had a kiss list.

The woman was fast though, during their quick little conversation, she had armed herself with a staff that he had not previously seen before. Then again, he hadn't been able to see all that much really, he had been too busy kissing and then scrambling away. "I don't throw it, I use it to...never mind, provoke me and you'll find out what I do with it." Burn growled in response to her. "I wish you had been sneaking then. And hey! It's a perfectly normal thing for a man to dream about!" He shook his flaming fist at her, glaring again as he really wanted to shoot her with the fire. Still, she hadn't attacked him...she had poked him, and he had kissed her, so now they were even.

"I have to agree, it is pretty normal." Shade nodded as he looked to his brother, who seemed as pleased as punch. It didn't mean much considering it was just Shade who was agreeing with him, who did that a lot, but still, it meant something for Burn, it meant that he was the winner, and she was not.

Burn continued to glare at the woman as she spoke again. "You know, that sounds like a challenge to me." Burn smirked as he shook his hand, which caused the fire to disappear from around his hand. "We'd tell you why but we're not going to give away our weaknesses or anything like that." Shade spoke up, knowing that if she DID want...to attack them...it was kind of pointless now. If she wanted to kill them, she could have just slit their throats while they slept. Still, their weaknesses were their secrets. At her introduction and her question, both Burn and Shade looked to each other. Then they grinned, an exact expression that looked like a mirror image of each other.

"Well Mordred, the owner of these wonderful lips is called Burn." Burn pulled himself up to a more respectable posture, giving her a small bow from his position. "And I'm Shade. That one over there who could...still be sleeping...is Gust." The one called Gust gave a small yawn and he blinked. "No...I'm awake. I smelled something nice. She smells nice. Like the wind." Gust's voice was...warm, and silly sounding.

"As for your question about the cities...you stay out of Connlaoth. That's the country to the north of this one. You go over the mountains...and you're in Connlaoth. You die there. Magic users are killed up there, they're hunted, persecuted, tortured, there are tales of mages not being able to use their powers in that country, that certain areas it just...stops." Burn shuddered at the very thought of it. Not being able to use their powers was a terrible fate. All three brothers were so closely connected to their elements...to be separated from them was worse than death.

At least in death there was a chance that they could ascend into their elements. Not in Connlaoth. "After that, you go wherever you want. Just don't go into Connlaoth and you'll live." Shade stretched as his brother talked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Great...were they even going to be able to get back to sleep now? Usually being woken up by a pretty woman was a good thing, but this seemed a little less...promising.

Sigh.

"Anyone gonna want some tea, think I'll make myself some."

Anonymous

She was not even going to think about who's fault the kiss was. It was probably mostly her fault, not that she would admit to that. And she was not even going to ponder on how good the kiss was. Nope. Not a good thing to dwell on so she shifted her thoughts to something else. Like watching the three of them to make sure they weren't going to try something funny. She'd get a unimpressed look as he told her to provoke him and find out how he used the fire.

Oh, she could figure that out easily enough, since she used fire herself. Of course, none of them knew just what she was. But, there would be another eye roll as they said dreaming like that was normal for a guy. She'd bring her hand up and rub between her eyes with two fingers. "Oh, bless the heavens." She'd mutter to herself sort of exasperated.

At the word challenge though she'd look at Burn again and smirk. "Could have been." But, she wasn't going to provoke him farther, that would be just wrong and she figured they were being nice enough. "But, it wasn't." But, she would study them. So, the goatee was fire and he'd be the one to cause her the most damage if something did break out, she calculated silently. He'd be the one to take out first. After her introduction she'd chuckle as they doubled the expression  as they looked at one another.

And then she'd roll her eyes at the wonderful lips comment. "I wouldn't say that," She'd scoff slightly. "It would be giving a girl the wrong impression." She'd said it out of pure mischief to see what kind of a rise she could get out of Burn. She did love poking at a fire to get it rallied up. And it seemed Burn was going to catch hell from her for a bit. She would turn her attention to Shade as he introduced himself and Gust.

She'd give a nod to him and then look to Gust and a smile broke out on her face as he said she smelled like the wind. Oh, she might like this one after all. "Thank you so much, Gust." She'd turn back to Burn and Shade. "It's nice to meet all of you." Maybe. And she would make note not to cross the mountain range the was pointed out. She had no wish to be cut off from her powers.

She wasn't a mage, but still if it could stop a mage's powers it could probably stop hers as well. She wondered what could cause such a thing to happen as she looked at the mountain range curiously. Her attention would come back to them after a minute or two. "Thanks for the warning. I was going to head that direction next, but I'm not going to now." At least now she knew where not to go.

And as for Mordred, she didn't really know what would happen to her when she passed on. Did she get passed on to a new soul? How did one who was part of all the elements die? These were really good questions, but she'd never seen on of the other three Amora's to find out these answers. Or even if they knew them. "If that was an open invitation I would love to have some, if not I'll be on my way."

She'd leave it up to them whether she was welcome or not. Her staff was now resting beside her and she still had a bit of a sassy look about her, even now. Now, she had time to ponder the names. If she was to guess she'd bet money she had three amateur elementals on her hands. Burn was fire and his name implied it. Shade was probably earth and Gust would have to be air. Now, she was slightly anxious to see just how right she was.

Anonymous

She just seemed to want to make him angry. Of course, any man who wielded fire and called himself Burn was probably not a level headed sort of person. True to his name, Burn was a bit of a temperamental hot head. Everything she said or did just made him want to chuck some fire in her face. He of course, stopped himself from doing such a thing. There was no need for a fiery explosion right now...not yet at least. He kept his cool as best he could. "Mmhm." He murmured back as she said it wasn't a challenge.

Sounded like a challenge to him. He'd gladly take her up on it too. It was like she had insulted his manhood, his maleness, his ability to kiss! He was a damn good kisser! People had said so before! It just...hadn't been as good as it could have been because of how sleepy and groggy it had been. Still...she said it wasn't a challenge, and he knew for a fact that it would be wrong to force himself on her and kiss her against her will.

At least while she was alert and suspicious.

He glared again, his red eyes burning hotter. "Well then, why don't you come over here and I can give you a better one?" He shot back at her, though it was a bit more acidic sounding than he had originally planned. Still...what was done was done now. Gust didn't seem to respond to her, he sat there on his blanket, with his elbows pressing into it and his head being supported by his hand as he stared at her...or perhaps...he was staring around her. It was really hard to tell, considering his eyes were misty grey, the pupils matching the iris and hiding it.

"Yeah, pleasure to make your acquaintance...wish it was under slightly better circumstances." Shade commented as he rubbed his side where Burn had elbowed him rather hard when backing up to escape her. "Mmm, stay out of Connlaoth and you'll be fine." Shade said once more, reaffirming that point. They had almost made the mistake once, almost ended up as slaves. Lucky they hadn't hit one of those dead magic zones and were able to escape...just barely.

"It was an open one, yeah." He retrieved his satchel and began to pull from it a kettle, as well as some drinking cups. "Burn, start the fire up again would you?" Shade asked the now enthusiastic man, who approached the dying fire and held his hand above it. "Come on, wakey wakey..." He cooed to the fire as it began to crackle and jump again. "Up now, we're awake, you need to be too..." The fire burst to life again, though odd as it were, the logs had turned to embers and ash already. Burn grinned as he pulled his hand out of the fire now, both his hand and his clothes completely unburnt. Not a scorch mark on either of them.

Shade set up a little contraption so the teakettle could be suspended above the fire, and it didn't take too long for the whistle to sound. When it did, Gust giggled merrily. "He does that. Every time too. He says because there are four elements involved with tea. Light is produced from Fire, which heats the Water, and creates the Air pressure which makes the whistling. He says it's pleasant to see so many elements work together." It was obvious that Gust did hold conversations, though right now it appeared he was more in his own little world. After steeping the tea, Shade passed out four glasses of rich tea with a bit of honey added for sweetness.

"So...Mordred...just out wandering around are you?" Shade asked as he looked to the woman. It was scary to think that despite their similarities, all three of them were so...different in personalities. Burn seemed a bit more quiet, though he was shooting glares at Mordred even as he drank from his cup of tea.

Anonymous

Well, she'd done a splendid job of getting Burn rallied she could see that. She wouldn't press the man anymore now though, well wasn't going to till he told her to come over so he could show her in that tone. "I seriously doubt there'd be any difference now than a few minutes ago." Was shot back at him in a sarcastic tone. Seemed she wasn't the only one who could pick at people. She'd have to watch him cause he could probably set off her temper. She was always very calm and collective. But, after a while her temper would get the better of her.

Chancing a glance at the third brother she'd offer a soft smile before she turned back as Shade spoke. "The circumstances are fine, Shade. Chance meetings are always interesting." She'd glance at Burn and then look at Shade. "Is he always like this?" Motioning to Burn before she leaned on her staff slightly. "Oh, I'll be sure to do just that." Was the answer to his warning about Connlaoth. "Places like that I go out of my way to stay away from." Her long hair would be tucked over her shoulder as she watched the little group.

And when Shade said it was an open invitation she'd beam a bit. "Thanks, right nice of you." And she'd shift as she remained leaning on her staff and watched Shade. But, when he asked Burn to stoke the fire up she'd smirk and turn her attention to that. placing both hands on the staff she'd lean her chin on it as she watched with great interest. A brow would be arched and she'd scratch her shoulder as she stood upright again after he'd gotten the flames going. "It takes you to long and to much effort. How long have you been practicing? I bet when you throw fire it's weak." There went that mouth again. And she hadn't meant it as a challenge, but simply an observation. "At least you didn't burn yourself." Now that, had been sarcasm and she'd meant that.

Now she was figuring that their might have been a reason she came here after all and just didn't know it. Or maybe not. But, there was no doubt in her mind that these three needed some kindof help. Possibly just a push in the right direction? She'd take in the difference in Gust as teapot whistled and smiled herself as she listened to Shade explain about Gust. "He's right. When elements work together to make something it's quite pleasant." She'd agree as she nodded slightly. "Have you ever witnessed a glass made by lighting before? When you dig it up the formations are amazing." She'd take her glass of tea as it was passed to her. "Thank you."

The cloak would come off with one hand and she'd place it on the ground to sit on. "Yes. I travel a lot and never really think about settling down. I simply go where I'm told when the time comes. Until then the time in between is mine. So, I travel and explore where ever suits my fancy. Sometimes I find good things in my travels. That's where I learned about the glass made by lightening." She'd take a timid sip of her tea and smiled. "Very nice, Shade." Not once did she miss the glares sent her way and on one occasion when she'd caught the glare she'd beam a bright smile at him just for the hell of it. "It would be a pity for your face to freeze like that, Burn." Was said quietly as she sipped her tea.

Anonymous

"Well then open your mind to the possibilities." Burn glared even more and Shade could only roll his eyes. This wasn't going to end well for anyone. While Shade wasn't feeling particularly evil, he really did want to see his brother get into a fight. Sometimes Burn even annoyed him! Shocking really, but Shade knew if you just agreed with Burn he'd calm down. He couldn't say that out loud though, or else he'd be giving away his best trade secret.

Shade scoffed as he cast a glance to his glaring counterpart. "Circumstances could be better." There was a mutter from Burn but nothing audible enough. "Yeah, Burn's a hot head, and it doesn't help you're antagonizing him." It would turn into a game of who started it first. Shade figured he'd let this go on for a little bit until he got tired of the squabbling. Then he'd have to figure out something to do to distract them. Maybe call her an old sow and call him a dumb bull. Anything to get their focus off of each other. Still he didn't know how she'd react. Probably just better to insult Burn and let it be at that.

Shade knew that hell was going to break loose. You didn't insult Burn's fire capabilities. That was not her best move. Burn however...ignored it. He didn't say anything. Apparently he was more interested in the tea than anything else. Shade could see Burn's mouth clenched tight however, grinding his teeth. "I don't...throw fire." Burn growled quietly, looking somewhere between a pissed off guard dog and a wounded bear. Shade could only roll his eyes though. While Burn didn't often throw fire, he did throw it occasionally, but Mordred was being very nasty toward Burn. Not something that he particularly enjoyed, but the woman was a little scary and probably had a lot of power. After all, she was outnumbered, but VERY confident.

Whether it was an act or not had yet to be seen.

"Actually a few times...Burn and Gust can both make lightning." Shade said as he looked to his brothers, one who was glaring, and one who had a goofy grin on. "Gust doesn't often though, but he can. He says lightning is an air and a fire thing, depending on the study. Gusts can be a lot more natural though, but Burn...a lot more powerful." Burn backed his fire up with passion, with rage, with hate and anger. Gust could do quite a number of interesting things, when he put his mind to it...

"Thank you, I get to brew a lot of tea, usually calms him down." He said as he gestured to Burn, who stopped glaring when she insulted him. Then he was smiling rather...oddly. "If I have to separate you two I will find a way. Burn stop glaring...Mordred, please stop goading him on." Shade had quite enough from both of them, he wasn't pleased with their particular attitudes at this moment. They were acting quite...childish. Which for Burn could be normal, but Mordred seemed a lot more...refined and well-brought up. This almost seemed beneath her.

"You mentioned that you go where you're told when the time comes...are you perhaps part of some mage guild or...?" Shade left he question open, not quite sure how to finish it. He couldn't think of anything else that she might be part of. It did make for a little more tension, she was part of something big perhaps. That could be bad, more so if Burn started a fight with her. That would end in all three of them having to fight, and Gust didn't often do so. Whether he'd fight with this...woman who smelled like the wind was also another question.

Too many variables, too many chances to die horribly at the hands of this Mordred.

Anonymous

She would merely roll her eyes and stifle a yawn as if slightly bored with the subject. And she would let it drop since she more or less was. As far as getting into a fight went she wouldn't mind, but she would have to watch burn extra close. He seemed to be the only one that could do her some real damage, but then again she didn't know what the other two could do. So, it was a gamble on her part if she did start something. Then again she was pretty good at the spur of the moment things. But, no. It wouldn't be wise on her part.

"It's to easy and he's to sensitive about things." She'd say to Shade about antagonizing Burn as she shot a glance at Burn. She was not about to get into a who started it match with the man. Now, that would be childish. Her cup would be brought to her lips and she'd take another drink of her tea. And she would let it drop as she shifted and tucked her legs to the side and got comfortable. She was still trying to figure the three out. The looks and the difference in attitude would mean they were probably triplets instead of doubles or clones. Besides, each one seemed to be they're own independent person, so, she was going with the triplets things.

But, Burn's reaction to comments about his fire abilities would have her chuckling. It was cute that he was so defensive of his abilities. It showed promise on his part that he would practice and learn quickly if he was to be taught. And she'd fight the grin as he growled that he did not throw fire. "I was simply saying, Burn." Would be said in that soft serene voice as she took a deep breath. "I'm guessing that each of have talents that run along the elementals of magic. Burn, you being fire, of course. It would explain the hot headedness." Would be said as she turned back to Shade.

"Oh, that's interesting. I knew the two could make lightening though." Glancing at Gust she'd look him over again and smile. Had to be wind. Wind elementals tended to go off into their own little world. Although, Gust was far greater gone than any she'd seen before. It was almost as if he was off in the clouds and his body was simply an anchor for his soul. Bringing her gaze back to Shade as he spoke about Gust and Burn. "But, what about you, Shade?" Her cup was brought to her lips once again. But, her gaze would shift towards the fire Burn backed and narrowed her eyes at him slightly. But, she wouldn't say a word or do anything.

She'd focus on Shade so she didn't do something stupid, like pick a fight. "Well, it is very good in any case." And she'd spare Burn a glance and arch a brow at the odd smile. Then she'd fight a grin as Shade said he'd separate them some how. "Oh, fine. It's not much fun anymore anyway." She knew that goading Burn was slightly childish, but even and old elemental had to have some fun now and then. But, she'd simply let it drop with a shrug.

Shade's question would make her laugh. It was a slightly musical sound as if the wind it's self might sound if it laughed. "Mage's guild? No. Those people are way to stuffy and to many rules." But, she'd look between the three and sighed slightly. "No, I answer to a much higher power." And she decided to show off a bit and so she held out her hand palm up and sat her cup aside.  While almost all elementals could control one, maybe two powers, one power would always be weaker than the other. But, she was different. She'd draw on the world around her and water would form in her hand and it would looking like water flames leaping in her hand. Then it would freeze and break apart to become wind swirling in her palm, Next she would heat it to become fire and she'd glance at Burn with a smile before she switched powers again. Now it became earth as a ball of earth was rolled back and forth in her hands.

"I'm a Amora. The highest form of elemental." The ball of earth would shift back into water as she still toyed with it and looked between the three. She was curious as to see how these three would react to her now.

Anonymous

"That's why he's called Burn." Shade told her with a shrug. They all had their names for a reason, Burn embodied his the most though. He was a man of emotions, the fire of the soul some would say, and as such...it was easy to provoke him. It made Burn and interesting fellow to be around though, it meant that he was always good for a laugh too...and it made him intensely loyal as well. That was the key thing, was Burn was at least loyal. Once the fire died down in Burn, and started to...'burn evenly' like a campfire, he was a lot more relaxed and controlled. It was just the initial start of things that he had trouble with.

His knuckles were white as they were clenched around the tea cup, his left eye twitching, wanting oh so much to glare at the woman, but he denied her that pleasure. She wanted to goad him on, she wanted him to get mad and to attack her probably. He wouldn't let her get under his skin, for her to get eh best of him. No..he would fight her, in his own way.

"Little old me? Well if you couldn't guess from my name, then I'm going to have to keep it a secret. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise." Shade said with a rather mischievous smile, sipping his tea quietly. It occurred to him that she may not have an expanded idea about the elements. People thought of them as the four basic ones, Earth, Fire, Air and Water. Well, she would be completely surprised wouldn't she? That made his black eyes twinkle with delight.

"Thank you. Hafta keep the peace somehow." Shade's tone was rather pleased as he set his tea down. Gust was actually sitting, drinking his tea and looked somewhat into what was happening. Somewhat. His general posture looked more stiff, less slouched and out of it. "Do you? And that would be..?" He watched carefully as she set her tea aside, watching as he tried just to figure out what she was up to. The three brothers all seemed somewhat impressed by her powers, they had seen such demonstrations before, and it wasn't anything to really to scoff at, as her control over the four elements was impressive.

The name Amora didn't really ring any sort of bells with them, however, the fact that she called herself the highest form of Elemental sparked their interest. They were standing, well, sitting in front of a great creation, something that they aspired to be one day. The three of them, in perfect unison moved to kneel before her, their heads bowed low and their hands behind their back as a sign of respect. Things were...definitely changing now, their attitudes were a lot more humbled, though Burn was still a little bit on the sore side.

"We greet you, oh mighty Elemental, and hope that you would forgive us and our trespasses against you." The three of them spoke in perfect harmony, though it was clear that Burn was the one leading that particular little speech. "You honour us with your awesome and powerful presence." It never did hurt to suck up just a little bit to an all powerful Elemental. They did know for sure, at least Gust and Shade, that if Burn had pissed her off and she attacked them now, they'd never forgive him. More so if they died.

Anonymous

Since they knew about embracing the powers through emotions they'd understand why Mordred was the way she was. Well, after she told them, of course. Mordred was a mixture of all the emotions behind the powers. She felt more than she should sometimes, raged sometimes, and embodied all the emotions in between. When she was extremely pissed off electricity sparked in her eyes. When she was calm and serene her the color of her eyes shifted like the sun through the leaves. Sometimes it made it hard for her to do what she was sent to do. Other times, it could be easy, depending on what she was told to do.

A intrigued eyebrow would rise at Shade and him keeping his gifts a little secret and a playful smirk would pull at her lips. Oh, if he or they only knew her concept of the elements. Now, she toyed with the idea of telling them who she was. I mean it would only be fair to warn them about herself. Sipping her tea she'd tuck her hair over her shoulder and continue to sip her tea as she toyed with the idea.

And at Shade's question it was decided and instead of just telling them, she showed them what she could do with only the basic elements. Letting them shift through her at whelm before she toyed with the water ball that was now in her hands. She'd get a cautious look though as they gathered before her and her hand flicked out with the water ball it turned into air and disappeared. She'd inch back a bit from them as they bowed to her. "Uh guys." Now, this made her slightly uncomfortable. She'd never been bowed to before.

And when they spoke in unison she'd shake her head. "Not that I'm not grateful and all, but do me a favor and don't do that again. It's creepy." She'd look between the three with a look of caution still about her. "And no more bowing either. I'm a person the same as you." She'd point out as she picked her tea back up and took a sip. Sucking up she could handle, somewhat. "Now, that that's out in the open we can have a little chat. What is it I can do for you?" She was curious to see what they would ask for. You could always tell the type person someone was by offering assitance and seeing what they asked for.

Anonymous

The brothers knew when they were in the presence of a powerful being. While her tricks had somewhat lacklustre in power, they still knew when they were faced with a great creation. Burn's attitude on their previous kiss had changed a little bit, he now felt a tad honoured he had gotten to kiss her. He was still mad that she had chosen to pick on him so much because it was easy, but he'd let that slide for the time being. Until he could get her back. Childishly, he almost thought about pushing her into some mud or putting a frog in her shirt. Both of them might end in tragedy or hilarity.

The three of them stopped bowing their heads, looking up at her with slight admiration, and from Burn was slight boredom and anger. She still had called him weak, and she really hadn't seen what he could do. The fire had just been for his own amusement, she had yet to see any of them use their true abilities, but maybe she would find out soon? "Well...no...you're an Elder Elemental...a paragon of power for the natural world...not exactly person status." Shade said sardonically as he regarded her with an eyebrow raised. "As for the talking at the same time thing, we'll keep it to a point." People never liked it when they talked at the same time. It was a habitual thing, they used to do it all the time when they were younger, mostly to freak people out or impress someone. Now it was just...something they did for effect, whether it was dramatic or humorous.

The three brothers moved to sit cross-legged beside each other, one eyebrow raised at her question. "What do you mean...do for us? Why would...we need you to do anything for us?" It was actually quite confusing. On the whole, each thought (Maybe Gust didn't, it was hard to tell), that they were quite competent and able to handle the world quite well. "Personally I'd like to prove I am a better kisser." Burn spoke up with a shrug, his arms crossing over his chest matter-of-factly. "I'd like to go back to sipping tea." Gust said with a dreamy sigh as he looked forlornly toward his teacup. "Yeah, if you want to be treated normal like you're a person, why not just go back to drinking tea with us...still...a high elemental. We're sort of...aspiring to do that, to transform ourselves into elementals. Become the living embodiment of our chosen elements...you're one of the few actual elementals we've met..." Shade told her, still trying to decide whether or not they SHOULD treat her like normal, or special. She was the perfect creation to them, what they so desperately wished to be...that still held high regard for them.

Anonymous

And this was why she mostly keep the whole powerful elemental thing to herself. But, it was okay with it two. She'd come to realize that when minor elementals figured out who or what she'd get this sort of reaction. Although, she had gotten the violent reaction a few times to. Those who thought they could somehow still her powers. She had the scars from the last time still marking her back and left shoulder.

But, now as she watched these three she decided they weren't so bad. Well, except for the whole bowing and scraping thing. "Oh come on, I'm just me and I was made this way. Everything that I am is just makes me. Nothing more, nothing less .A slight shrug of her shoulders were given as she brought her tea to her lips for a drink.

"Then I'll learn to deal with it then." Would be said about they're talking at the same time. It was creepy with them looking almost like carbon copies of one another. Shifting a bit she'd fold her legs to her side again as she studied each of the three as the settled side by side before her. "Simply that. Would you like me to teach you what I can? Show you something advanced, not to much, mind you. Though I can control all the elements, water is my strongest." She'd look at Burn now as she said that.

Her gaze would go to Burn after he made the kissing comment and she shook her head. "I was goading you earlier, as well you know. But, a kiss will not be repeated." She'd say with a slight laugh as she shook her head. Her attention would turn to Gust then as he spoke about his tea. "Then please do so, Gust. I'm not here to tell you what you can and can't do." She'd look at all of them for a moment. "Please, consider me a friend. If not the then a teacher maybe. But, please, don't put me high above yourselves." She really didn't want them to feel as if they had to treat her any different than they would a friend.

"Then we will drink our tea and talk. And I can tell you all when you that you will know when you have achieved your goal. It's not when you can accept your element, but when your element can accept you. When it no longer fights and takes you in. The last thing you'll ever learn in becoming a high elemental is to actually become one with your element. It's a difficult task, and you can only remain that way for so long before your energy is drained and you loose your grip on it."

She'd get a playful smirk after a moment and look between the three. "I say we have a bit of show and tell. You show me what you can do and I'll tell you the next steps that you should practice. We don't have to do it now, but eventually. What do you boys say?"

Anonymous

((I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, I have been sick as a dog lately.))

She didn't look like the type of elemental that they had heard of. They naturally had assumed that an elemental would...well...more Elemental. Like they would be made of their actual element, then again...she was a composition of different elements...still, they really didn't understand a whole lot about transformations. They just assumed that they would become somewhat physical manifestations of their element. Burn though he would just become fire itself, with a living consciousness and everything. However she seemed...more physical and human than Elemental. Maybe their definitions of Elemental was different.

"Makes...some sense..." She was just made...but...she was MADE that way. That was the thing. They were trying to transform themselves into what she was just made into, that she had been gifted into. The three men went back to sipping on their tea, Burn keeping himself from insulting her or glaring at her. He perked up when she said that water was the strongest element she controlled. So she would be a rival then in some sense wouldn't she? Though, just throwing water on him wouldn't really ruin him...that was the thing about water. Turning it to ice while on him might do something to slow him down...though he wasn't sure.

"You say that now Mordred. You say that now." He told her with a sly smirk. If she wanted to challenge him, then she could, but he would win. He wouldn't allow him to lose after all. "Then I shall." Gust dashed back to his tea, grabbing the cup and sipping it with a sated expression on his face. "Mmmm...." He murmured quietly, happy now that he had his tea back. He was obviously a lover of the stuff.

"Wait..." Burn looked down as he thought about it...she wasn't...the term Elemental was not the right term that she would be using. They could show off their powers to her, but the way that she was talking about being an Elemental...it wasn't really...right. "I'll agree to it but...you seem to be talking about a different...elemental than we are." Burn put down his tea cup and went to the fire. "Come here...yeah, come on..." He held his hands out to the fire, and slowly it began to move and shift into his hands. He smiled as he moved back to her to show her. The fire...while almost normal...was actually quite different than most fires. It was slightly uniformed into an almost humanoid shape. Near the top, there was a plain face in the fire amongst the blue and orange. "This...is an elemental. A being of pure energy, of ALWAYS pure energy. The creature is never out of the element, it is always...just it's element. I want to become one like this...where I am just the element...like Gust wants to become the wind and the air, forever and always...and Shade wants to become..." The man in question cleared his throat and shook his head, indicating that he shouldn't reveal the particular element.

"His chosen element...ahem." Burn held his hand out toward the fire and the creature ran back toward the fire. "That's why it took so long for me re-light the fire. I was summoning a fire elemental to be our fire, since it doesn't require wood to burn." Burn explained as he went back to his tea. "Are you sure that you're not just a mage who can use elemental magic?" Burn asked as he carefully observed her. In his mind, an Elemental was a being of a pure element, and that could, with enough practise switch between elemental form and human form. He would do nothing but stay in Elemental form, unless he found himself in the fireplace of a beautiful lonely lady.

One couldn't deny that his emotions ran strong still.

"We can discuss these things after Tea, and have a show and tell for our new friend." Shade said as he rolled his eyes, taking a sip from his cup. They could find out just what she was after the tea, and if need be, show off their skills.

Anonymous

((It's totally alright. I hope you are feeling better soon!!))

To say she was a bit confused was an understatement. While their were different types of elementals as well as gifts. And she was still trying to figure all that out herself. She, herself, with human form could turn into her element, While elemental spirits were the element themselves. She wondered if she could aspire to this but had never tried. She'd smile as Gust hurried back to his tea with a smile.

She'd listen to Burn as he spoke with a knitted brow. And when he showed her she grinned and nodded. "Oh, I understand now. You want to become an elemental Spirit. They are the living embodiment of the element. Well, that's a bit difficult, but not undoable. You will have to learn to shift into the form before you can fully cross to that. I have never tried to do it But, I've heard it takes a few years of practice. "

"Mage!?" She'd say in disgust. He'd insulted her now. "I am not a mage, Nor will I ever be one." Would be said in a heated tone before she seemed to collapse inward into a pool of water her cup rolling onto the ground. The mast swirled upward into a humanoid form of water. "I'm sure you mean something like this." Her voice had changed slightly taking on a under waterish sound. After a moment she took a step forward and back into her human form. The whole collapsing into herself had been merely for show.

Now, she wondered why Gust wanted to keep his element a secret. She found that odd. But, wouldn't say anything about it. She was not a pest when it came to such things. "I am no Mage. I am the way I was made to be and the way the earth mother requires me to be. I assume I was made this way so that it would be easier for me to do whatever she wants me to do." She was in a bit of a snit now, her arms crossed as she sat back down tucking her legs to the side. Righting her fallen tea cup before crossing her arms again as she listened to Shade.

"Fine." Would be said as she sat there and refused to even glance at burn. While he may think she was weak since she was water, he'd be mistaken. He wanted a challenge he'd get one, but she would not issue it.

Anonymous

"We just call them Elementals...that's what they are really. They're Elements...and..." Burn rubbed the back of his neck before shrugging. "Elementals. That's just what we know them as." They didn't think of them as spirits, because spirits implied they were dead. However, they knew that it was anything but the truth, they were quite alive, after all, they could be killed. Though it was a terrible thought, Elementals could die if they weren't careful. "See, that's the thing...living embodiment. Not spirits...but...it's all...uh...semantics in the end." That was the word. They would take a lot of patience, practice, and no doubt some hard times in order for them to have to cross over from human bodies to spiritual bodies.

"Well you kinda-" He didn't have time to finish his sentence as she suddenly collapsed into a pool of water. That was...kinda funny. However, she spoke of how she couldn't maintain her shape. That meant she wasn't an elemental in his eyes. Plain and simple. "Something like that, yeah." He said with a curt smile, watching her carefully as she stepped out. That's why she wasn't an Elemental. She couldn't maintain her shape. She was just a mage who could shape shift into a water elemental. There wasn't anything special about that, any mage could turn into an elemental.

"It all depends..." Burn was going to go into a slight tirade but Shade cleared his throat which stopped his brother in his tracks. He just grumbled and went back to sipping his tea. Shade got the kettle of steeped tea and brought it to her, pouring her a new glass, adding a tad of honey as well. "We can discuss this after we deal with tea. Everyone just be friendly now." He shot a look to Burn who just glared angrily at him. It was directed more to him anyway, not to Mordred. Though she looked a little angered, that would soon pass...or after Burn went on his little tirade there might be a fight.

That would be...maybe Gust would sit off to the side with him and just watch as Burn got his arse handed to him.