Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ravenwho? (M)(Raichi, Open, just ask for permission first.)

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2009, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"In this chase you would never have been anyhow." Eid reluctantly relayed. He seemed thoughtfull for a moment, chewing considerately on what Scott had said. "We walk to Veisvec manor, its not far and it gives you some more time to prepare yourself." was all he managed to utter.

It was Scott's decition makeing that had ended them up here allot faster than he had planned for and that had left little time for lessons or anything remotely constructive. If anything the ghost that was Lady Ravenfrost would simply have prevented such regardless.

Eid smiled confidently, bowing as his gloved hand then moved to the lord's chin. Pushing it slightly upward's before moving on to the heart, forming a fist on the way there. Tucking his chest lightly. The voice from his mouth sounded horse and old even to his own ear's. Like time itself except with lightning within his eyes and if time ever had a shape it would never ever manage to compete with his dazzling looks. "There lies the rest of your preparation."

Anonymous

Scott felt a warm yet chilling feeling rush through his veins from the part of his chest that had been tucked by Eid. It was almost as if he had forgotten how insecure and bad he felt about meeting lord Veisvec. After a nod from Scott Eid guided him out of the carriage, where they started walking to the Veisvec manor.

While walking they started to discuss how to make an appropriate introduction. "So, what I need is permission to build a company here in Serendipity.. And perhaps a request to be the only merchant allowed to sell silk products like in Adela.. But it's best not to cut to the chase.." he said with a thoughtful frown on his young face, seeming quite serious for the thickness of his plucked eyebrows. "I assume he lives in a big mansion. Then what impression would I be making arriving by foot? Or is he rather the type to anguish wealthy impressions and prefers the commoners approach. I really don't know who I'm dealing with here, perhaps there is a way to see through this Lord I'm about to negotiate with?" he said with a naughty look towards Eid. It was nothing like Scott to look that way or make such a request, for heaven's sake he was bluntly requesting Eid to enchant Scott's way to the top. Perhaps Lady Ravenfrost left a little trail of damage while tutoring the young lord about business.

Anonymous

"My dear Scott, this young child is a rebellious one and for starters he is part forest nymph. It is what the lady Ravenfrost has attempted to guard your mind against." Eid sighed, his mind already going trough what the lord might ask for next.

"She did not sleep with you because she likes you, she slept with you to enhance your ability to resist the innate seductive abilities you will undoubtedly encounter. I had intended to use the weeks we would have spent getting here to prepare you for the same."

Then offering a sign of apology, drawing breath in a rather humble manner, slightly hunched as if a load had been abruptly put on his shoulders.

"I would have used a different method but you went ahead and decided this for the both of us. Lets just hope it works, for your fathers sake."

Anonymous

Eid's words caused goosebumps up his arms and he pondered a bit trying to let the message get to him, repeating in his mind what Eid had said he tried to understand it. All he had been doing with Lady Ravenfrost was having intercourse, but why would that have anything to do with the young lord he was going to encounter? And what was a forest nymph? Scott was silent for a while and frowned as he pondered, feeling a flush of unwanted excitement hitting him as he was thinking of his 'lessons' with Ravenfrost. He remembered the smells, the music, the touch. Heck, he was completely powerless.

Perhaps that was what a nymph was, someone with the ability to enchant ones senses to their sexual liking. Like a thunderbolt it hit him, he understood what Eid had told him. Like thunder, Scott was shocked and stuttering with disbelief "B-but E-e-e-eid!! It is a Lord we-we're dealing with here! It is-!" he stopped walking. The words he had just stuttered in a high voice got him to come to a conclusion, a rather logical one making his voice transform back to his calm manly youthful self. "Oooh..." he said as a sound of having it figured out.

"If it is not for personal pleasure, it must be a test.." All of a sudden he got energetic "I get it!! He wants to commit only to those worthy of his autograph! Right? Right? A man unable to resist an offer of physical pleasure before business has no backbone and is no businessman, for business comes before love, marriage or pleasures, it comes before all!" His fists were balded and his face determined as energy was rushing through his body.

For a moment he felt great, until he realized what was awaiting him causing a nausea. He let one hand rest on his belly as the other one rushed to his mouth "I think I'm going to be sick"

Anonymous

"If it only was as simple as a test. Nymph's and sirens are the bane of all men with one thing in common. Their alluring irresistible charms lead more often to ruin than the opposite."
"The pure breed ones do the same as Lady Ravenfrost does, feeds on your desires and emotions until you eventually dry out and become a soulless and willing vessel for the creature to do with as she pleases."

His mind churned out whatever the lord might be able to use as a shield against the initial, he should know. Having been on the receiving end of such dealings himself more often than he would have liked.
"Luckily pure blooded nymphs are more akin to territorial, greedy beasts than their halfbreed counterparts that suppress their inner urges in order to fit into our human society."  

They carried on walking. Passing houses at a brisk pace. Eid apprently knowing the way. Eventually they came to the end of a giant yet regular nobleman's wall. encountering a guarded yet open entrance. Eid turned to face his entourage, kneeling down so their eyes stood on somewhat equal ground.

Wispering silently while going over the lords attire to stall time. "My last advice is that you to thread like the cat on ice with care and patience. No matter what kind of deal you are presented with. You may feel the need for such a deal to happen now but the truth of the matter is you are but the beginning of a flower that might start blooming years into the future." He wanted to say more but there it was, his lordship looked so small in such clothing. Like the innocent lamb to the slaugther. "Remember your father and recall your lessons." No this child was a predator, he had to be.

As Eid turned back to face the guards, she appeared once more like a spider from its net or a bird of prey. With a gleefull grin pervading the stolen face. "Good to see you again, Young Master."

Rising from the shadows with a loosely fitted red and black dress made by the devils tailor to entice fantasies and fasten her control over those who would but thread near enough to taste her perfume.

"I was beginning to worry that you had gotten lost in this big city." Stretching out a hand with beady, slightly begging eyes. "Come." her voice rung inside his head. Compelling him like a magnetic force as rational sense was overcome by a hefty aroma carried by the wind to his nose. She was bathed in this scent that was not hers, clawing at his sanity and asking for him to give in to his animalistic desires. All he had to do in return for unknown pleasure was to obey the simple instruction.

All he had to do was to step forward and take her hand. He was not here to stand still anyhow? why not just go with it? after all Ravenfrost was a kind lady, she owed him and obeyed him.
Carrying out his wishes even when he had not given her any commands. She was his creature and never the other way around. Lord Scott sutherland could do anything he willed with the willing servant, she would be like clay in his hands with those firm breasts and beg for more.

Her curved lips and swaying hips bringing back last nights passions as childish imagination wispered of untold pleasures on the warm grass. He could just leave his butler here and do what he wished now that his childish fears of women where replaced with growing lusts and desire.

Meanwhile Eid bit his own hand to dull the power of the scent. It had been worse than he had though. This was the scent of a Veisvec to him just the presence of his scent was strong enough a compulsion to errode years of determination and experience. He had been forced to use the last resort, to distract his emotions with sudden pain. Very much like pinching a dreaming man would wake him from slumber.

He hoped the young lord would be able to resist on his own, a butler is the last line of defence. Not a crutch to fall back on every time decitions loomed.

(ooc: darkside  / lightside points as my per usual, not telling you what the right choice is because that would be cheating.)

Anonymous

As Eid continued to walk, Scott realized every step they took got him closer to his destination. Not to mention Eid came with the unpleasant news of Veisvec being equal, if not worse then Lady Ravenfrost. With each footstep, the weight on his shoulders got heavier and his heart pounded faster, not to mention he was still terribly nauseous. It was almost as if he had completely sulked in tension and fear as they arrived, even the way he walked was different. his mind was overflowing about the severeness of this meeting, so much that he had forgotten about all other things. He was but a mere weak child as Eid got on one knee to face him, he was scared and lost.

However, as soon as Eid spoke to him his mind was refreshed and the scared waters blown away by the wind. The words stuck to him, and he repeated multiple times in his mind; thread like the cat on ice with care and patience and remember my father and recall my lessons. The confident glimpse in his eyes recovered, determined to get what he came for as he balded one fist. Even a small smiled appeared on one half of his face. The scared weak boy of before had been replaced by Scott Sutherland, an ambitious brave young lord with one goal; become Serendipity's biggest, and if possible, only silk company. It was a goal his great grandfather ones had at the location of Adela, but wasn't completed until two generations later by Scott's father.

Confident and strong he was ready to meet whatever challenge was coming his way, until all of a sudden Lady Ravenfrost unexpectedly appeared "Good to see you again, Young Master."

The first thing that ran through the young lord's shocked mind was; what is she doing here. With that he felt she was a danger to him for she weakened and confused his mind. She was but a training for Lord Veisvec, yet here she was, instead of him, reaching out. Once more he felt his body fill with desire as he took a step forward, the sound of his foot hitting the ground echoing in his mind for it had disturbed the beat of the beautiful music roaming in his consciousness. He stared at his foot and slowly looked back up again, stopping at a view of her hand. His heart was pounding and he gulped, lifting his hand like a cap against the sun above his eyes to avoid looking at her chest or face. "I was with Eid" he spoke, the necklace weighing heavy on his chest. Speaking felt as a sort of relief, and again he repeated Eid's words in his mind. "My appointment is with Lord Veisvec, and no one other then who he desires to attend"

The many feelings rushing through the young lord's body, along with the adrenaline gave him a boost, hopefully one in the good direction. Though the tempting atmosphere was still heavily pushing him to the ground like the highest gravity. Yet he felt strong and removed his hand from his head, looking her straight in the eyes like a real Lord should. A determined frown appearing on his face and his body tensed up and fists balded. This was a preparation, it had to be. Why else would Lady Ravenfrost appear, if she had left before to attend some unfinished business. Most likely, if he gave in now he would certainly not be ready for Lord Veisvec.

His goal was certain and therefore he could only walk one straight path, a long, tiresome path with many hills. No short cuts should be taken or he might get lost. No time to rest or have fun, for the path is seemingly endless and the end has to be reached. There is but the Lord and his goal, and the heavy burden and weight of the giant steep hills.

Anonymous

"Then keep going down this path and take a right into a small rose garden. His lordship already awaits you eagerly." Lady Ravenfrost gleefully announced. Keeping her posture and smile of approval to the bare minimum while walking down the road towards Eid. "You can but bring one of us to the meeting, so make your choice and lets be done with it. Both me and Eid have places we would rather spend our time on than here."

Her arrogance left much to be desired, promoting Eid as being the most natural choice. The bond forged could prove a valuable ally, Eid however felt reluctant to take initiative. He hated dealing with nymphs, it made his lycan nature all the more present and that could prove devastating.

Already with Ravenfrost he started feeling his clothes tightening around newly bulging muscles. While he needed no full moon to transform powerful emotions irregardless of their nature brought on his destructive aspects. Ravenfrost had brought with her the lords scent and aura, obviously to check the kid and prepare him for the full brunt of what David Veisvec was capable of. He hated admitting it but from here on out all advice in the world would be useless. Here the lord would have to muster up everything he stood for and about at a relatively young age too.

"We can but serve as RRr-rrreminderrrs." The bestial Eid growled fourth, his voice felt hollow and the shell did not need much pressure to rupture his entire butler fasade. Powerless to keep his usual butler like serenity in the presence of the remnant aura lady Ravenfrost had brought with her. He knew its origins, having been as much a pawn as bishop to the early rising veisvec's.

"Choose wizely now. Everything and anything can affect the outcome of this meeting." Confident that she would be picked, having picked trough the memories of Eid's old friend and found a piece of his werewolf seals. Fingering the broken piece of a small tower statuette gleefully aware of its purpose and her intent to shatter the pair unquestionable. The lord would pick her out of fear of his butler's more animal nature. Already his fingernails where growing and darkening, his eyes flickering with the yellow lycan colors of a rabid werewolf. Desperately seeking in his mind to understand why now.

Why she had but shattered it moments ago. naturally he would adjust but not in time for Scott to notice, as for now his butler appeared to turn further beast, his face slightly elongated and jaw filled with uncomfortable wolf like teeth.

"Huurrrrrr." The expression on Eids face a mixture of anger, embarrassment and surprise. Then she grabbed the opportunity to present her hand once again. Counting on the lingering aura of a nymph and her influence along with Eid's timely transformation to have already made the choice for Scott.

"Best not keep the lord waiting?" Her suggestion pervading the aid, luring itself into the child's mind and clawing for attention alongside the desire for profit and business. If Eid had thought the child well both she and he already knew the outcome. He had already sunk his shoulders in defeat.

Anonymous

For a second Scott felt victorious, he had done it, he told himself, he had passed the first test. Though immediately a second test followed, he would have to choose now between his beloved butler, or intimidating Lady. The choice at hand seemed relatively easy, he felt trusted, secure and pleasant with Eid by his side. The only feelings he recalled being besides Lady Ravenfrost's side were fear, desire, lust and pleasure. Not exactly a mood one would want to find themselves in during an important meeting.

He was about to call forth Eid's name in a matter of a second, but refrained from talking as he noticed a couple of little changes on Eid. A small frown appeared on his face when his butler spoke. Something was wrong. Never before had he heard his butler talk like that, and things only got worse. Noticing more changes the young lord took a step backwards, especially shocked at witnessing the teeth.

With Lady Ravenfrost presenting her hand and Eid incapable of keeping a decent appearance Scott didn't have much of a choice. He looked at her, and he looked at Eid, and a sigh escaped his mouth. He truly would of wanted Eid to come with him, and his gesture only showed how disappointed he was to be stuck with Ravenfrost. A small tisk escaped his mouth as he gave a small tug to her hand before walking down the path towards the small rose garden. "Just don't try to seduce me or any of that, one nymph is complicated enough." was all he softly spoke, knowing Lady Ravenfrost would hear him. "Oh!" halfway the path he stopped. "My staff please, it is like a hat to the Lord's stature and I can't miss it". The young lord couldn't help but be reminded of his staff as his mind was temporarily occupied with her, thinking of the body Ravenfrost took, which belonged to no other then a dragon of some sorts. The image had been graved in stone in his mind, he would never forget it. It caused chills up his spine and the desire to fend himself against such a ferocious beast. Though what he was up against now was equal, if not worse then facing a dragon. His staff would not shield him from what he was about to encounter, and though he remained tough and confident on the outside the tension he was having and increasing desires coming his way were digesting him from inside.

When handed his staff he continued to walk, the necklace getting more heavy the closer he got bringing forth a temptation to take it off, though he did not and his discomfort about the weight increased. It was now all the more tempting to give in to the smells, sounds and signals he was receiving, for it would replace the discomfort with pleasure and comfort. Then again, perhaps it would not. After all, he had but little knowledge of what was awaiting him.

Anonymous

Eid watched as his lord accepted her hand, feeling slightly useless he walked away his mind already ablaze with thoughts of who and why this had occurred.

He was not growling happily when the pair faded from sight.

His counterpart, the lady Ravenfrost grinned devilishly, her eyes filled with the satisfaction it gave her. Then the long drawn sigh of work paying off escaped her mouth. The moment did not last as pretty soon they where walking off to David Veisvec.

Her ears stiffened, slightly surprised, then the pause as her grin widened once more. "My, my what staff would you be talking about i wonder?" Teasing him outright and shamelessly as she pulled it out of thin air with her spare hand.

Eventually holding it fourth. "Does it please the lord to know how well taken care off his staff is when left in my posession?" Her eyes flickered at the mention of staff. A gesture perhaps, but then she looked away again as to not arouse his lordship further.

Suddenly music started filling the air, it was a low tune slashing outwards with romantic fantasies and the scent of roses. it came from the small garden right next to the road slightly ahead of them. It was alot more bright and desireable a place to rest your eyes on and their caretaker exposed as she was wearing nothing but her green silk dress and giant straw hat while singing these seductive tunes into the air. Her voice brought fourth rays from the sky, hitting only her rosebuds while gently caressing their red leaves.

Her voice could make lady ravenfrost seem a dirty old beggar in comparison. and the golden curls like a princess of old tales sung by the bards. Slowly as they approached from afar, her eyes tried to meet his for but a moment, this wounderous and innocent child. Slightly younger than Scott.

Then a low rumbling could be heard as Ravenfrost eyed naught but a hunter attempting to prey on her prize. Her dragon rumbling caused the girl to fall on her knees and whimper.

Anonymous

Upon walking down the road, which passed by what appeared to be a rose garden, Scott couldn't help but notice a fair gardening maid falling to her knees. Her beautiful appearance and quality of her attire, yet uneducated profession brought forth a small example of the Veisvec's wealthy estate. Getting closer to the garden he started to wonder, was this fair maid also a nymph? And if she was, did that mean David Veisvec was simply the queen bee of the hive he was trying to reach? Perhaps it was all an illusion, a scenery David Veisvec had formed to portray all of his servants as a goddess so beautiful, while they were perhaps ordinary, or even nonexistent.

Either way it was not very Lord like to pass by a fair Maid he had witnessed falling on her knees, without assisting her in getting back on her feet. He attempted to put aside his desire for her and reached out with his free hand "Allow me to offer but this single helping hand" he spoke with his pure determined voice, but gulped when he had their eyes meet. It felt like a flush of warm water flooded through all of his body, beginning at the top of his head and ending in the tip of his toes. It caused his heart to pound slightly faster, but he tried not to spend his time with her any longer and convinced himself of her insignificance within his mind. He shook her off with a friendly farewell before turning away from her to continue his business.

It was all the more difficult to do with the desirable atmosphere, even the roses in the garden seemed delicious enough to eat or even make love to. The many feelings rushing through his body were trying to empty his mind, getting him to be forgetful and absent in awareness. However his will and determination for success reminded him of his lessons, the only way he remained relatively sane was by repeating Eid's words time after time in his mind.

Anonymous

Lady Ravenfrost urged her lord on, fury in her eyes. Had she hidden her presence further the young Scott would not have escaped the clutches of "The Gardener".  As they turned to walk away, a scream of anger filled the air around them. Worse than any animal, yet not the loudest.

"Don't look back, just keep your head straight. The Veisvec's gardener will not have your blood feed its roses." A scowl betraying how close it had probably been.

There it was, not far from the garden. A wooden building, only two stories tall and humbly sitting inside the city limits. A place of nature perhaps, the roof being as much forest as the rest of the place. Yet there was stone here. forming a path towards a rather tall gate. Guarded by two men, both wearing leather armor with long skirts and on their chest, a clear space tattooed with the Veisvec color's.

A cyan colored set of five coins, placed on the branches of a tree so it looked as if it was growing coins.

The door already opened and the lush, green tinted darkness invited them in, no servants to greet them. Only a whispering notion of where to go. almost as if the very building itself was trying to guide them. Light barely escaping the thick branches that had grown on the groundwork and walls.

Glimmering from the roof, crystals emitting a green tinted light, giving them only one path to follow, as all the others where surrounded in darkness.

Anonymous

For a moment Scott was tempted to look back to see if the sound indeed was coming from the gardener, but took Lady Ravenfrost's advice instead. Walking onwards he was still a bit upset about Eid, he felt victorious, but the feeling wasn't the same without the consent shine in his butler's eyes whenever he conquered even the smallest battle.

He and Ravenfrosts walked the stone path towards the gate, and witnessed it open before their very eyes. All other surroundings didn't catch his eye, he saw only the gate and passed through hearing soft whispers telling him where to go. All seemed to be dark, yet when he stroked his hand across the wall he could feel branches from perhaps a tree. The only light source they had were crystals placed in the "ceiling" glistering beautifully and green. It filled Scott's mind with thoughts about money and wealth, gently dreaming away from reality though his body walked forward, automatically following the guiding crystals. He felt lighter, and a small smile appeared on his face, his eyes now spread wide, o so big, absorbing the light reflecting in them.

Suddenly he stopped. He felt a fist tugging against his chest, causing like before, a warm wave wash over his body. A memory of Eid facing him and looking him in the eyes came up in his mind, and he saw his mouth moving yet couldn't hear a word. "Eid?" he asked with a small frown upon his face and blinked seeing the memory vanish making place for reality. He was still standing inside the building and remembered what he came here to do. He felt stupid to have lost track of reality and panicked a bit questioning how long it had been that he had walked here. Determined to not lose his mind again he repeated Eid's words yet again and again in his mind, and started to run, hoping to soon met the end of where he was heading.

Anonymous

There was a thumping in the very wood they passed. Like the building itself was alive and radiating. Ravenfrost went silent, trying to listen in on it. "Eid would never be able to aid you in this matter, his power and personality is that of a servant. Only good it does is teach you how limited a form mankind really is."

Chuckling lightly as she sneaked up Scotts backside. "He has returned to his roots, a stray dog in a world full of them. How fitting that it was I who returned him there."

"And now your stuck with me, until he can resolve his own bodily issues. Which will take a long time to take care of properly."

The darkness started to give way, and a draft tried to pull them out from the shadow of the hallways. A giant room, the walls full of roots and green mosaic, where giant randomly put windows led sun into the room, in the middle a giant table. Seemingly forged from the very ground itself. There where statues too, moss covered yet pleasing to the eye with flowers growing out of cracks within their clothes. As if that was how it was meant to be.

A few young gardeners much similar to the lady outside were trimming a bush with their hands, humming gently and radiating the bush with their magic and a bit of water from cans reaching the gardeners chest level as if they couldn't carry it themselves.

Sitting on one end of the table, sat a young boy, smaller than Scott, and barely dressed, only wearing a cyan colored yet thin silk robe along fairly simplistic sandals.

Caught gasping and rubbing sleep out of tired orange eyes. Branches and roots, sprouted out from his hair with vigour, tending to their masters dark yet slightly purple hair.

One of the gardeners nearby had approached Scott. Taking a bow before tasting the dirt on her index finger. More children than monsters. Emitting nothing short of just pure childish behaviour. "Puease have a seat, the lord wuill then greet you."

Everything was all very subtle yet plain and normal. Then the girl hurried down, almost stumbling on one of the buildings smaller roots. "Daaaviiid! your appointment is here."

Then the young lord held up a hand, the roots in his hair now massaging his roots with oils or whatever it was. Sprouting rainbows when touched by the direct light of the sun.

Then the building creaked slightly, and he spoke. the voice echoing trough the entire room. "I trust you have spent the time walking wisely?"

Anonymous

Scott felt fury rise within his body as Ravenfrost spoke bad about Eid, how dare she, but the tip on the iceberg was her informing him that it was HER doing that Eid was unable to serve him properly. "You..!" he spoke angry, a feeling rising within his body he wasn't used to, as if he would actually attack a Lady! Though he didn't, he faced her in anger with winds that had arisen from nowhere blowing through his hair and clothes. He was a bit in shock to encounter such a feeling and came back to his senses, turning around in fury with his eyes closed and walked forward in a steady pace, the winds stopped blowing.

When he opened his eyes he saw he was approaching the end of the hallway, and made an even faster pace towards it still feeling very upset about Ravenfrost's trick. When he stepped out of the hallway and into the giant beautiful room he started walking more slowly and careful, amazed for this wasn't what he had expected at all. It wasn't until he noticed the fair gardeners like the one he had before, that he realized there was no atmosphere pulling forth desires at all, no passionate music or smells that would arouse even a child, nor did their beauty call forth any sort of stimulation. It was almost as if the whole atmosphere had ceased and that he was meeting up with an ordinary Lord, not a nymph.

Though that idea soon changed when the maid hurriedly guided him to his seat, where he witnessed roots in between the Lord's hair, moving, massaging each other with tree-sap. He gulped and stared in amazement, though he hadn't forgotten how angry he was at Ravenfrost, which was along with amazement clearly visible in his body language. "I suppose so" he spoke formally, his clear open voice sounding beautifully in the room, yet didn't echo half as much as did David Veisvec's voice.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, and I feel grateful for your time" His words were more then simply trained politeness, he truly meant them. He was very well aware this was his only chance, and that he had perhaps reached too high to begin with, though it was reassuring him that David was a teen like himself. After all, adults are much more imposing and tended to view Scott as a little boy instead of a worthy business partner.

"If the presence of my servant is uncalled for, I can send her away if that pleases you" he spoke, a glimpse in his eyes begging for the Lord to answer with a 'yes' or a 'please do so'.

He had not yet forgiven her for pulling such a nasty trick on his butler, and by doing that also on him.

Anonymous

"She gave me incentive and reason enough to share my time with you." A slightly arced eyebrow, intentionally looking over at Lady Ravenfrost her smile puzzled David. Pausing, thinking and then nodding as if time was up.

"It's up to you." He said with a short sigh, unable to form his own opinion on what to make of this odd situation. "While I appreciate you asking it is ultimately your servant and she won't be doing any serving while you're in my house.

Lady Ravenfrost on the other hand was not about to be cast aside just for revelling in the moment, catching her masters eye like a cat purring for attention. Her lips moved slowly. She whispered words into the wind with care, words that only Scott's ears would hear.

"Why would you pick me only to cast me aside? Are you ruled by emotions after all? I only thought of you, Eid will slow you down. Tell you to do it properly, while I encourage you to take the moment? IF not for me you would still be in that godforsaken forest."

"I swore to aid you, and I will do so regardless of what stands in your path, be it your own stupidity or those of your tutors." Her eyes where not loving, nor intimate. They sent shivers down his neck, as if something ancient and angry would eventually stab him in the back if he destroyed her now.

The room darkened significantly, David stretched slender hands off their sleep, yanking his head a notch higher, and taking a backseat to the entire ordeal, he could wait for the young lord to make a decision. For now.