Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Grave Speaks forever but Death is a Temporary Measure

Started by Anonymous, January 31, 2010, 05:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ryan sighed. "I vaguely remember my parents...they were prisoners. That's how I got here. But I probabaly shouldnt bother you with my past." He looked off into the distance, looking rather serious. He looked at Velvet curiously. "I am curious...do you happen to be part wolf demon or something? Its just...something about your scent."

Anonymous

"My scent?" questioned Velvet, "Yes, I'm part wolf."

Anonymous

Ryan looked off into the distance again. "I was just curious, as many people here are part animal." He shifted a little closer to her, his cheeks having a touch of red as he did so. The music ended soon, and someone called him up to sing for them. He looked over, slowly releasing Velvet, almost as if he were reluctant to let her go. He walked gracefully to the stage and sang a song for them. He stepped down afterwards, trotting off towards the door when everyone was continuing to dance. He
made a slight gesture with his hand to velvet, motioning for her to follow.

Anonymous

Velvet listened to his singing, just as amazed as she was the first time she met him, and when he had finished and motioned her to follow, she slipped out, unoticibly (for the most part).

Anonymous

Ryan nodded to her when she came out. "I figure we could walk around a little without anyone minding. You wanted to explore the place after all, right?"

Anonymous

Velvet nodded "yeah, that's right" and followed him.

Anonymous

Ryan walked around the mansion,  showing her some things. He went upstairs, showing her around a little more there. He heard someone coming, and pulled her and himself into a dark spot for a moment. After they had passed, he stepped out, saying quietly, "we're bending the rules a little, but its fine." He walked into a room with lots of windows, then onto a balcony. There was a light breeze. The moonlight caught his eyes, making them look almost glowing. He put his hands on the railing, looking at the world below and beyond with a soft gaze. "Isn't it a nice night...?"

Anonymous

Velvet followed him around the place with a few occasional questions and comments. She looked confused when she was dragged into the dark spot, but said nothing of it until the other person walked by. "bending some rules, huh... Oh well, bending isn't necessarily breaking."
She followed him onto the balcony. The breeze felt pleasant on her skin, and the waxing gibbous moon shone brightly. She nodded, "it is nice."

Anonymous

Ryan closed his eyes for a moment, feeling the breeze rippling through his hair and caressing his skin. He slowly opened his eyes again, smiling a little. He said, "a clear sky and stars shining brightly....what a beautiful night.." He slid a hand on the railing, and it met Velvet's hand. He didn't realize that at first, and when he did second or two later, he froze for a moment, then slid his hand away. A light touch of red once again appeared on his face. He looked off to the side, then said quietly, "I must be going now...i wonder if we shall meet again soon." He walked off, glancing over his shoulder once at her before exiting.

Anonymous

Velvet sighed silently agreeing with Ryan. It was a beautiful night. When his hand slid and met hers, she thought nothing of it. It seemed somehow natural, a part of this unusual, yet calming setting. It wasn't until he moved his hand away from hers, did she realize how strange it was. After he said he had to leave, she said "good-bye" . She stared at her now-cold hand after the warm touch of his.

ooc: appears to be heading in a romantic direction, doesn't it?

Anonymous

Ooc: doesn't it always seem to do that?

Ryan headed off at his normal pace, glancing at his hand. Why did it feel...almost as if it belonged where it was before, with hers? He glanced back at the door he just left. Something beckoned him back there, back in the moonlight. But, he knew that the feeling of her hand in his was one he wouldn't experience again. After all, what could a lowly servant mean to a beautiful princess? He dissapeared into the hallways he knew all so well,  into the darkness of night.

(morning)

Amber came to Velvet's room, knocking. "Wake up or you might miss breakfast!"

Anonymous

From inside the room, one could hear the shuffling of covers, a yawn, after which came a reply of "Coming!"

Anonymous

Amber hurried off to breakfast. She dragged Yuki and Phoenix along also. Ryan happened to be on kitchen duty, and he set down plates of food. It was clean job day. Tomorrow would be messy job day. That's how it worked. He hummed something as he walked off. Everyone began eating the food as he swept the floor.

Anonymous

Velvet dressed herself quite casualy; jeans, a white t-shirt, and an unzipped blue jacket. She came downstairs and entered the room only moments after the rest of her family was seated. "Good morning!"

Anonymous

Amber nodded. "Good morning." She guestured to the empty seat next to her. Phoenix glanced at Velvet, nodding a greeting. Ryan looked up from his work, nodding to her. His eyes took a minute to turn back to his work. He couldnt help his gaze lingering on her. He was curious as to how she can look so nice in any clothes. He  mentally reprimanded himself. That would seem out of line to his highers.

Amber finished breakfast quickly. She did not eat daintily, for there was only her family here, and they didn't care. She walked out, followed by Phoenix. Ryan waited until everyone but himself and Velvet had left the room, and begun to sing. It was sung in a deep voice, and its lyrics were poetic sounding and had a hint of sadness. Afterward, he just looked up at the ceiling.

Anonymous

Smiling, Velvet sat down and began her breakfast. She ate fairly slow, perhaps still a bit tired. However, she did not expect him to start singing when she was almost done. This song wasn't familiar to her, and his voice just immobilized her, so she sat there, with the last piece of sausage still on the fork laying on her plate. After he finished, she slowly put it in her mouth and chewed silently.

Anonymous

Ryan studied the ceiling above him for a little, lost in thought. He forgot there was anyone else in the room and began singing a love song. It was in just as beautiful a voice as the last song, perhaps even more so. He added emotion to every note, even the pauses in between words seemed to have meaning. After singing it, he continued sweeping the floor, like nothing had occurred.

Anonymous

Velvet stayed frozen throughout the whole time. His voice was so beautiful in the song...moving away would have been impossible in all senses. After he finished, she, just as speechless as before, left the room, and, having nowhere she felt like going, stood nearby.

Anonymous

Ryan finished the small area he was sweeping quickly, and exited the room, humming something quietly. He spotted Velvet there. He stopped walking, and nodded to her. "Good morning. How are you?"

Anonymous

As Ryan sung the love song, everything began to look more beautiful, and the flowers began to turn into roses. It was quite stunning when the song ended. The world began to fade back to its earlier black and red. He looked at Velvet. He wondered if she knew that he had been singing about her...and if she did, how would she react? He looked into her eyes, as if glancing into her thoughts to find out if she knew.