Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Grave Speaks forever but Death is a Temporary Measure

Started by Anonymous, January 31, 2010, 05:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

ooc: jeez, you forgot to include the "timeskip" again.

bic: Velvet watched as the garden began changing. It looked so enchanting, so amazingly beautiful as the song kept building up. And when the last note rang and echoed softly, she watched the place fade to it's previous colors. Black and red. She felt Ryan looking at her, and turned to face him with a calm, yet fascinated look.

Anonymous

Ryan's eyes studied hers as if looking for something within them, then turned his gaze back to the garden. "It is an interesting thing, isn't it..." His voice was quiet. "The garden..its beautiful..just like-" he paused for a moment, saying even quieter, "you." Then, he began to walk gracefully farther into the garden. He stopped in the center. There was a pool of water. He looked at it. "That is water that allows you to see into the minds of others. All you do is say their name and look into it. You can try if you would like."

Anonymous

Velvet heard him finish his sentance quietly, but even though thoughts began coming in explosions, she managed to keep them to herself. She silently followed him farther into the garden and to the pool. After hearing what he had to say, she decided that there wouldn't be too much harm from trying it out just once. "sure." She looked thoughtful for a moment and then said "Phoenix."

Anonymous

The pool's water turned cloudy, then it began to form a picture. The picture was of Amber as a stick figure with a giant head, yelling at phoenix, who was another stick figure. Then, stick figure Ryan entered the scene and got hit with a fork to the forehead. The water clouded again. The whole time, Ryan was looking off into the distance.

Anonymous

Velvet watched the pond show the images of her brothers thoughts. When the water returned to normal, she looked up "Well then, at least I know those thoughts actually were his." She looked at Ryan "Just wondering, do you know if it shows stick figures for everyone, or does phoenix just think like that?"

Anonymous

Ryan glanced at the pool. He said, "no, that's just how he happens to be thinking at the moment. Its not all stick figures.." He looked at her. "Do you want to try it again?"

Anonymous

Velvet chuckled at the thought that Phoenix thought of everyone as a stick figure. "I would, but i can't think of anyone right now who i feel pretty confident of mentioning."

Anonymous

Ryan shrugged. "Alright then." He Looked into the pool. He said, "If you could wish for any one thing and it would be granted, what would it be?"

Anonymous

Velvet looked thoughtful "If I could wish for any one thing...hmm...honestly, I don't know. Maybe strength or wisdom, or something of the sort. I really don't know. Haven't thought of it since I was...seven, I think," She paused, "why do you ask?"

Anonymous

Ryan shrugged. "Just wondering.." He looked away. "I...dont know what I would wish for." He said that in a way like he wasn't telling her something. He knew perfectly well what he wanted; her. Why, he wasn't sure. Perhaps it was because she was different than the others. he wanted to smack himself for accidentally making it so obvious in his voice that he was hiding something. Plus, she could just ask the pool what he was thinking if she wanted to know. Great.

Anonymous

She wondered about the way he said that. It was like he wasn't telling her the whole truth. However, she was used to such from her parents who tended to reply to her questions with only very vague answers, and then tell the whole story at seemingly random times. She questioned "you don't?"

Anonymous

He shifted. "Not really...I guess its.." He looked like was trying to word his answer well. "I would wish for something, but...its not important, because it will probabaly not happen anyway.." He looked down at his hands.

Anonymous

Velvet listened to him. Whatever it was, he didn't seem very confident about sharing it. "It won't happen? why do you think so?"

Anonymous

Ryan's eyes grew rather sad for a moment. He glanced at her. "It can't happen...because I'm just a servant. It wouldn't make sense." That was exactly how he felt about it...it couldnt happen.

Anonymous

Velvet slightly tilted her head from curiosity, "It wouldn't?" then shrugged "alright then."

Anonymous

Ryan sighed with releif when she didn't question it any further. He wasn't sure how he'd say it if he had to. He mumbled something to himself: the only understandable word being princess.

Anonymous

Velvet heard him sigh and was slightly confused; what was he so relived about? Was it something he didn't want her to know about? Why not and what could it be? Then she thought she heard the word princess, which did nothing except add more questions. "Princess?" she asked, not completely sure if she heard him correctly.

Anonymous

Ryan looked up from his hands and wished he had just stayed quiet. He shook his head in dismissal. "I...was talking about something else." He looked at her and said, "it seems like you want to ask me some things...what is it?"

Anonymous

Velvet looked slightly thoughtful as she thought of a way to word the question, "well, earlier you sounded as if you were...relieved. Why is that?"

Anonymous

Ryan shifted again. He looked thoughtful. How would he word this? "Well...I thought you were going to ask something else." He glanced at the pool again, hoping she wouldnt use it on him.