Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Lost (Draco)

Started by Xphy, April 19, 2010, 09:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xphy

The Sanctuary was a beautiful place, and for as far back as she could remember it always had been. Celie hadn't really spent much time there as a child with her focus having been more on war than anything else, but she would always remember what little time she did spend there. It was just so peaceful there, and the people who studied there were genuinely kind and helpful to everyone regardless of their title or rank.

It had been nice to deal with people who didn't want something from her every once in a while, people she didn't have to be weary of half truths and blatant lies when she spoke to them. She had long since grown tired of people, nobles and regular citizens alike, trying to gain her favor just because she controlled one of the largest militias in the country. In fact it was so bad that she had actually had to stop using her full name when she traveled just so she wouldn't have to deal with people like that unless they actually recognized her (or put two and two together when they saw her butterflies).

At least here the fact that she was a princess meant nothing and truth be told she actually liked that it did.

As she walked down one of the footpaths she could help but take in beauty of one of the gardens. She had come to the Sanctuary today with the sole purpose of relaxing her mind, and to give the place credit it was doing a fairly good job of it. Lately she had been reflecting on her life and what she had done with it. Since leaving the military her life had lacked purpose. She simply didn't know what to do with it. No matter what she tried there always seemed to be a void in her life, and she couldn't think of anything that could fill it.

Eventually she would come across an unoccupied gazebo near the center of the garden, and after some thought she decided to use it to rest for a little while. Her butterflies had taken the opportunity to rest their wings as well, the transparent creatures landing on the railing all around her as she sat down. She still hadn't been able to figure out what it was she might have been lacking in her life though, even with all of the other stresses of her life now off of her mind. It was really beginning to bother her.

If she couldn't figure it out while in a tranquil state of mind, when could she?

Anonymous

Another day at Sanctuary. They were blending together and all Nothing had to occupy himself with was brushing his hair. So much time on his hands, he'd clean the pedestals, the offering rocks, smile at the healers. The safe haven was a wonderful place to be, besides it being so boring. If he had a more active task around her, surely he wouldn't be so restless. As it was, Nothing could simply wander around, help people at their request like a silent tour guide and find people off by themselves.

Sometimes they spoke to him.

Sometimes they wandered away.

He'd spotted her while she was wandering around, a rather lovely lady with strange things following her. Of course this piqued his interest and he frowned slightly before following her as well, rather surprised when she stopped to rest at a gazebo and Nothing took the time to walk towards her, his hands clasped in front of him, his hair swept back over his head, hanging loose down his back.

His steps were silent, but audible and he moved to the arch way of the gazebo and offered the woman a kind smile. For all the times he'd done this before, offered smiles and an open ear, it still made her nervous when someone he'd never spoken to came around, one with such a powerful presence. Nothing didn't recognise her, he was an uneducated teenager when he decided to stay here, so he simply offered her a smile and went to kneel down in front of her, his heels tuckced under his bottom and he looked up at her as his long dark hair pooled on the ground at his knees.

' Are you seeking something? Can I be of service? '

The words would sound spoken, just barely, but his lips wouldn't move, his face was still calm and the friendly smile was still on his face. His telepathy usually made people somewhat weary of him, but he pretended not to notice.

Xphy

Celie shifted her weight on the bench to sit up straight when she noticed the long haired man approached the gazebo. Judging from the way he was dressed she figured he was one of the priest that lived in the Sanctuary, but she couldn't help but wonder what he might have wanted with her.

When he offered her a smile she returned it with one of her own and watched as he knelt before her to speak. Or at least she thought he had spoken at first. She had heard a voice, but she was sure that she hadn't seen his lips move. Of course she was taken aback by this, her eyebrows rising and her eyes widening a little. However she quickly composed herself and hoped that he hadn't noticed her reaction.

Could this man not speak normally, or was he just playing a joke on her? She decided it was probably better to assume the former so that she didn't insult him if it was indeed the case. However it did raise the question that if he could project his voice into her mind could he read it as well? And if so had she already inadvertently insulted him?

"Uh... I'm not seeking anything in particular," she replied. It was probably best not to put too much thought into what this man could and couldn't do. She had her own troubles after all, and if he could read her mind there really wasn't much she could do about it anyway.

Then it hit her, if he was a priest maybe he could help her figure out what was missing in her life. Heck even if he couldn't getting it off of her chest might have helped some. Gods knew she couldn't talk about it with anyone close to her. Her pride would never allow her to do that, for fear they thought her as growing weak in her old age. She would much rather face death than allow that to happen.

"But perhaps you can be of help to me with something? That is if it wouldn't be too much of a bother to you."

Anonymous

Of course. Nervous.

Nothing kept quiet, kept his mind to himself and simply watched. His reasons for being silent weren't deep but he did stand up to his full six foot height, his hair hanging down past his waist. He was the very picture of Adelan, dark dusky skin, bright blue eyes and dark hair. His hands were clasped in front of himself and he gently patted down his robe, one of the folds off.

He looked towards the woman sideways before he offered another smile. "I have all the time in the world, Ma'am." Not literally, but the day was young and while he wasn't most knowledgeable of the priests, he still knew things. His cool indifference made it easy for him to not get wrapped up in other peoples problems.

"What do you seek?" Nothing had gotten better at projecting his voice to sound like it was coming out of his mouth instead of from their head. The only thing that gave him away was his lips being closed.

Xphy

Celie watched quietly as the man rose to his feet and dusted off his robe. He was tall, probably as tall as she was. Then again most Adelan men were. With a little training he probably would have made a fine soldier, but she doubted he would be interested in walking such a path. The Sanctuary wasn't exactly known for having a positive view of violence after all. It was actually kind of funny that such a place could exist in a kingdom like Adela.

Once again the priest would 'speak' and this time she was absolutely sure that she hadn't seen his lips move. It was strange. It really did sound like he was speaking normally and yet if his lips weren't moving there was no way that could be true. His voice was far too clear for it to be. This man was certainly an interesting fellow.

Calmly she shifted her position on the gazebo's bench and motioned for him to join her before speaking. "Let's see...where to begin?" She ran her hands through her hair while she pondered just that. Where to begin indeed? To be honest she really didn't know. After some thought she decided to just phrase her concerns in the form of a question. It was much easier for her to do it than to try to explain them. Plus there was the off chance that he could relate to them better that way,

"Have you ever felt like there was something missing in your life?"

Anonymous

Nothing sat down quietly, his hands neatly folding in his lap while he watched the woman. His lips pursed and he looked down, feeling his hair fall over his shoulder and pull on his lap.  Nothing offered her a kind smile before looking up and away, the calm obvious in his face and how he sat. He wasn't hunched over, nor was his head down.

Slowly his eyes turned towards Celie again, and he frowned, thinking. Missing? Another amused smile and he gave a slow nod of his head. "Of course, I'm here because I'm missing something." He looked up then, outside of the gazebo, out at the sky before sighing and moving a hand up to finger the scar at his neck. "I thought it would be Sanctuary, but it is not. I'll probably have to leave one day to find it, but I'm much too comfortable to attempt that anytime soon." He gave a bemused smile before looking at Celie. "Are you missing something but you don't know what it is?"

Xphy

So he did understand.

A relieved sigh left Celie's mouth after hearing that the priest had experienced, and was still experiencing the same feeling of incompleteness she was. She didn't know his circumstances, nor did she have an idea what he might have been missing, but at least she felt like he could relate. She didn't have a whole lot of experience talking to people about these kinds of things, so any comfort helped her a lot.

"Well yes." While she spoke she placed her hands in her lap and taking a second to collect her thoughts. As she did her butterflies began to show some signs of unrest, the rhythm with which they flapped their translucent wings increasing a bit. A quick mental command was enough to calm them down though. "You see when I was younger I used to feel fulfilled, as though my life had purpose," she continued finally after choosing her words carefully. "But that all changed one day, and since I haven't experienced that same feeling of completeness..."

Just as she about to elaborate something struck her. She didn't know this man's name, nor had she told him hers. "Oh, please forgive my rudeness. I haven't introduced myself. My name is Celie... just Celie." The man didn't seem to know who she was, or at least he hadn't shown any signs of knowing anyway, so she decide not to use her full name. It was always better to be safe.

"Might I have yours?"

Anonymous

Not fulfilled. Nothing watched her from under dark lashes, his bright blue eyes downcast for a moment. He wanted to do something reassuring. But what? He couldn't give a physical voice as comfort. He couldn't reach out and caress her shoulder, he could only stand there and watch the poor woman his hands still clasped tight.

Celie.

Nothing frowned and mouthed the word. Sometimes he missed being able to speak. He can still make grumbly noises, but actual vocal things for a voice were ripped to shreds. "It's a pleasure to meet you Celie. I am simply called 'Nothing'. I left my original name behind because it was a name for someone I didn't want to be." He decided the explanation was needed, Nothing was truely a strange thing to be called by.

He'd find a new name eventually. One he could use better. He gently pulled his hair over his shoulder and smiled slightly at the woman. "Where were you when you didn't feel like this?" Nothing didn't know how to make it better, didn't know what advice to give so he shifted a little awkwardly but didn't look away from Celie. He hoped she just needed someone to talk to, since that was really all he was good for in the end.

Xphy

Nothing?

That was an odd name, and had he not explained why he was called it she might have thought it a derogatory one. Celie couldn't think of many people who were willing to be called 'nothing.' After all such a name could easily be taken to imply that a person had no redeeming qualities, and that they were worthless. And yet this man had willing chosen it despite the possible misconceptions about why he was called it... That had to take a great deal of courage on his part and she could respect that.

Under that serene exterior he had to be a strong man.

His question had surprised her a bit. It was also somewhat of a difficult one for her to answer, but after some thought she was finally able to put one together. "It isn't so much of a where, as a when." She had never associated her happiness with a specific place. Of course living at the castle in Ketra had had its advantages, quite a lot of them in fact. But it wasn't what made her life feel as though her life had had a purpose.

"You see, the last time I didn't feel the way I do was when I was raising my daughter." Even she had to admit finding Azaelie had probably been one of the best things that had happened to her. She had been the first person to make her feel needed since her father had died. Unfortunately the feeling hadn't lasted. "But now that she is fully grown, and capable of taking care of herself I feel as though there isn't anything left for me."

Anonymous

Nothing frowned at his lap and threaded his fingers through his hair. "Have you considered finding a companion?" He tried to smile but it only ended up being a slight smirk, he looked away for a moment. To stare at the grass. Off into space. "Perhaps an apprentice? Maybe having someone to teach and nurture will give you something to do. Something to help you gain that feeling back."

He looked back to her and smiled, his hands simply resting on his lap while he watched her hair. Nothing couldn't think of anything else to say, he'd never been truly happy. Not even here. Content here. But not happy. He turned away from her. "I'm afraid I don't really know how to help you. I'm... No good at talking. I've far too many sins to atone for before I can be offering people true advice."

Xphy

An apprentice?

Perhaps the priest was right. Maybe taking on another student wasn't such a bad idea. Even she had to admit that raising her daughter had been the most fulfilling experience she had had in the last 300 years. Taking a student couldn't have been too much different. Plus it would give her a reason to stay home for a change, which would probably make a lot of people happy.

What he had said afterwards had caught her interest though. He didn't seem like the kind of person who would have 'sins' he felt guilty enough to feel the need to atone for, such a serene looking person?

"Sins? You don't really strike me as the type." As she spoke her butterflies flapped their wings restlessly and the tone of her voice more than betrayed her curiosity. He had the air of a gentle giant, not a criminal.

Tags: