Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A Noble's Journal

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2010, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

So, I decided that I would post a journal entry for my character expressing his thoughts and ideas once per day, each a different situation in his life. Which means his pre-history, and roleplays I get him into. They will also be in order of occurrence. And they will start in the following replies...

Anonymous

Dear Journal and whomever these letters may fall into possession of,
___Today was my father's funeral, and while I indeed mourn his passing, my mind is hard pressed by the fact that it is now I who will be leading the Sarethquen. I do not know if I am ready for this, I have been trained all my life for this day, but I have no actual experience beyond the training. What if I ruin the House? What if were attacked and I can not save it? I have never lead men into a battle, and I cannot rely on my skill alone to protect the land. I wish my father or grandfather were here to guide me on this, or better yet, never have passed so that I may not have to do this. No...no, there's no point in wishing for the impossible. Nor shall I disturb their rest with Thanatos practices. But what options do I have?

[strike:1x48bag4]It is inevitable.[/strike:1x48bag4] Cross that out, perhaps I do not have to take lead after all. I may be the eldest son, but I am not the only son. Storm could take my place, he could run the House instead of I. I merely have to leave, venture elsewhere.

What am I thinking? That's a cowardly practice, and I owe it to this nation to take up the responsibility of leading my House into prosperity. I have not yet declared it so, but I will tomorrow. Tomorrow, Loegaire Tir Sarethquen shall be the Head Lord of House Sarethquen. It is my duty, my responsibility, I cannot falter now. I will seize the opportunities to virtuously make my House known, for I refuse to lower myself to pathetically corrupt ideals. It will in the end belittle my house. And that cannot manifest, regardless the price.

If it means the destruction of my House, then very well. We may not live in life, but we shall live in History. But I am getting ahead of myself. I will take the necessary steps for my ascension tomorrow, and that shall begin a new day in the Sarethquen House.

_______________________Signed, Loegaire Tir Sarethquen