Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Deja Vu Again (Dark Dreamer)

Started by Lion, June 28, 2010, 01:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

There was a fantastic exhaustion ringing though his bones, he could hear the echo of the motions of his joints.  Deimos knew he was old, but he couldn't even measure up to the ages in which his own father had been alive.  If he was still alive that was.  Deimos had wandered far and wide during his exile and had grown tired of the many findings he encountered during some parts of this stay.  Gypsies, tramps, and bandits sometimes made for little excitement if that was all that was going on at the moment.  He wanted something fresh and hadn't wandered onto the soil of Thanatos for some time.

He didn't think he'd been there in years.  And for someone like him, this place was as close to home as he could get.  But he was not near a city.  It was time for a change of scenery indeed and these untamed portions were exactly what he needed to rest his tired bones.  Deimos, even for a being of his size, was able to stretch out comfortably in the soil amidst a pile of stones that were sporadically placed about in a triangular fashion.

Deimos laid his head down on a stone and brushed his hair away from his face to rest.  It wasn't long before he was lost in a sea of dreaming, floating away from the streams of reality and toward a white horizon.

There he saw a vision of a flock of white fowl, large birds that resembled ducks and scrambled away as he approached them.  A grimace came to his face as well as a knowing look of amusement.  Mortal fowl scurrying away because surely they felt the evil that leaked off him like smoke as he came forward.  Near him, he saw a lake to which the fowl were running and attempted to swim away as quickly as possible.  "Typical," he murmured, smiling sardonically.  "Ugly ducks trying to escape upon a lake of Silver."  The trees surrounding him appeared as if made of stone and he looked around, confused exactly as to how he got here.  Deimos frowned and looked toward the water...half expecting something to appear from the surface.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Syliva was thrown into a new dream, she could almost feel her muscles twitching as her blind eyes blinked. The realm suddenly changed. She saw she was in dark waters. The water was swamp like but still it seemed magical and silver.

The water above her stirred. When she looked up she saw yellow duck feet, green seaweed like hair floated about her face. Her skin was white as the moon, her body covered in silver crystals that covered her like a net. In every dream her basic appearance changed to meet the standards of the setting. Though her lips were always sharply angled, her eye brows always softly curved, her skin and hair could change from dream to dream. As she took in her current appearance she felt it.

The one that had called out to her. His aura was thick, dark, some how velvety and seductive but dark and sticky like a disease. That was the aura she was looking for. Then the shadow, she saw it, it was calling to her, swimming to the top she looked up at him, only about an inch of water she looked up at him, a smile curving across her lips.

Lifting her long white hands to the ground she pushed up on the grass and lifted her body up out of the water, her face only inches from his face she pulled herself slowly up.
"Your the one that called." Her white eyes looked at him questioningly. Her seaweed hair stuck to her skin. The diamonds glittered on her skin only bearly covering her up. "Why did you call?" Again her face was close to his, almost in an uncomfortable manner, then she felt his black aura and recoiled; their bodies now a normal amount of space apart.

Lion

The misty smoke of his shadowy cloak enveloped his shoulders and arms and hissed as something arose from the water.  Deimos gazed upward with narrow eyes as the surface of the lake froze.  It wasn't something he didn't expect.  Things like this always happened in dreams...he was dreaming right?  He stepped back until his boot hit a large rock and impeded the motion of his foot.  For a second he thought a nymph was arising from the waters.  He didn't quite understand.  For as old as he was, he hadn't yet seen everything, there was still much yet to experience.

His face hardened, determined to be undeterred, as she neared and tried not to show a hint of amazement.  It wouldn't do to appear as one who was easily distracted or disturbed by the slightest change in his environment.  Deimos grimaced and then flicked an eyebrow up sardonically.  He looked clearly confused when she referred to him having called her and stepped back further, stumbling slightly over the rock and catching himself from falling on his ass.

Deimos wasn't sure what was going on here.  Surely it wasn't everyday that a green-haired woman swam up from the surface of a lake.  He wasn't sure what he did that caused her to appear before him.  "Call you?" he tried to scoff unconvincingly.  "Why would I call you?  I don't even know your name.  Who are you anyway and how long have you been under that silvery lake?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

The black aura that surrounded this man got darker, he obviously refused to be read. Still it has a velvety look to it that seemed inviting but she knew well enough the poison bound to be hiding in the darkness. After all it was not the dark that many should fear; but what it hides. Her own aura was crystal like in view and held a strong amount of wisdom and positive energy even though she knew of the two of them she was the only one that could see this....he surly could feel it.

A small smile crept on her face as he nearly fell. Hoisting her body all the way up from the waters she sat with her legs, or at least in his dream she had legs, crossed. The dark moon shone on her skin revealing many miniature scales. Standing up she looked at him straight on. She was tall for a woman, 5'8. Tilting her head to the side she narrowed her eyes.

"I am never called on by accident. Even if you have no knowledge of willing doing so in the realm of those that wake. Very obviously yes this is a dream. But by the shocked look on your face" And the way your mouth is trying desperately not to hang open, she added mentally. "I would assume you rarely have dreams with the opposite sex."

Lion

Enyx hissed again, warning Deimos to stay away from this scaly woman-thing that had crawled out from the deep.  She wrapped herself around Deimos and his limbs protectively and possessively before he commanded her to calm down via the link they shared in his mind.  At that time she hung back and let herself flow along his shoulders like the black, smoky, cloak she normally appeared as.  She was a shade, as incorporeal as the air around her.

Deimos, on his own end, wasn't quite sure what to make of this woman.  Obviously she was delusional, and this was weird even if this was a dream, as he was sure that he did not call her name.  He had no intention of calling anyway so there must have been a mistake, it had to be.  It wasn't every day scaly female people came out of the water claiming in some haughty arrogant fashion that he had, in fact, called out to her.  At this Deimos frowned internally and decided then that he didn't like this woman.  What was her purpose anyway?  Was she only here to claim people called her?

"Oh, please," he replied, rolling his eyes and glaring at her.  He pushed a braided lock back out of his face and made his face as snarlingly unpleasant as possible.  "You're too quick to assume, scaley demon.  You're too presumptuous.  I would be careful if I were you, you know not with whom you speak.  Why would I want to call you anyway?  What purpose do you serve?  I'll have you know that women throw themselves at my feet when I choose them to.  And now I have an itch to kill you and throw your body back in the lake from whence you came."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"I speak with Deimos. The one who is dark in nature, also very over confident but quick to punish or kill those that stand in his way for whatever reason that maybe. Woman fall at your feet because, though you dont like to admit it, you are a seducer as well. Do not presume to tell me i dont know who it is I am talking to. Even if you didn't wittingly summon me I have never appeared to anyone for no reason....but if you like...." She took another step forward. "Wake up." She said the last two words in almost a purr.

Opening her palm she revealed five black stones, one side was blank. The other had white engraved symbols on them. They were runes that answered yes or no questions, if the runes all landed up it was a yes, if they all landed on the blank side it was no. Holding out her hand further she indicated for him to take the runes, little did he know that when he woke (whenever that may be) they would be with him back in the world of the wake walking.

The threat of death she took lightly. This time she knew, he wasnt serious. THIS time it was only for show. But she also knew not to push it. So there she waited with her palm open. Waiting.

Lion

Deimos froze for a moment and it felt like time froze instantly around him.  The icicles of seconds turned into iceberg hours that gashed through his mind with a numbing pain that he didn't before dare to imagine.  Who in the name of the infinite hells was this woman?  What did she want with him?  Now he truly did not like her.  She was far too...invasive than he liked.  "You don't!" he declared hotly and felt his face burning in anger.  His red eyes flashed and he bared his teeth for a second.  "You know nothing about me, though you may like to think so, and that, will be your undoing."

Deimos was quickly trying to think of a way to get away from her though the fact that she was the only other living being here in the midst of this forest of loneliness kept his boots planted to the ground.  But he was steadily disliking her.  "What are those?" he asked.  "And why do you care to make me take one?  Tell me your name."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Looking at him she noticed she struck a cord with him. She had read into what he likes to keep up as his facade but now she realized something. Perhaps he was not always like that; something had made him become that way. That could be why he had called upon her. However what he didnt realize is that it was his dream; she had some control yes but in the end he was only asleep. Holding her ground she put her stones back from where she had them stored and looked at him.

"My name is trivial. Obviously you dont like me very much so why would you care to know my name?" Still keeping an eye on him she inched over to the pool and lowered her body into the water. The water caressed her skin. She all but sighed with relief. "But since you insist you need no help of ANY kind why dont we learn from one another?" She stated wisley.