Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just your average every day people...

Started by Anonymous, September 27, 2010, 09:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sun was just beginning to sink, dipping down into the horizon, the flaming orange and red plunging into the proposition of night. Tendrils of fuchsia and lavender crept across the horizon casting a pale splendor on the mute colors of the forest. The most favorite time of day for a person such as this...

"Kyvenne... remember when you said you would be quiet if you could come with me? Well we're here now so shhhh."

There was a pause, then two sets of soft, padded footsteps. Two shapes receded from the thicket towards the open clearing; one humanesque, the other: creature-- a female and a wolf pup, to be exact. The girl stepped to the middle of the spacious clearing, toting a bulky leather-bound book. Dropping the book, she plunked gracelessly down on the ground next to it.  

"Mmmm yesss....but we weren't there yet, and you said it was because you need to concentrate and right now you aren't concentrating and I only said 'hey' and that was a whole eternity ago and I'm hungry. "

Another voice rambled on, sounding energized and chipper, obviously belonging to the younger, more hyperactive one.

"Thought you would say that," the girl mumbled, mostly to herself. She tugged open the leather bag at her side, grabbed at something relatively disc shaped, listlessly tossing it to Kyvenne.

"Mmmm breaddd"

Kyvenne came to a halt, nosing the acquired loot. One swift movement of the maw and the lopsided biscuit disappeared, with a coughing fit and a cloud of crumb dust immediately ensuing.

"Wha-*coughcough*"

The other shook her head in frustration while cracking open the vast leather tome and thumbing through the pages.

"There you are."

The girl practically breathed, intently reading (more accurately, scouring) the weathered page. Well, here we go, she thought, secretly crossing her fingers. She closed her eyes--

"Whadyoodo*wheeze* whyzit so dry?"  

The girl heaved an annoyed sigh, keeping her eyes closed.

" Well, excuse me I will put learn how to make biscuits on my to do list, right after...experiencing the end of the world. Now be QUIET. "

If a wolf could make a frowny face, this one would have – but being a wolf, she instead went to her resigned poise; lying down with head in paws. The tail of course curled around her pearly hind legs. Finally, at peace, the girl could begin. She brought her hands up, one palm open and the other hand cupped over the open palm. She mumbled a few sentences over and over, in a monotone; one minute passes by. Then three, five, eight... The words she fumbled over the first few times now sounded more precise, more certain. She stopped the chant, feeling the warmth in her hand, the delicious warmth of what she had been trying so long to master—or even well, successfully attempt.

Kyvenne, who had astonishingly waited these eight toe-curling minutes, began to perk up. She saw something moving in the woods, heard the snapping of twigs. She brusquely got up on all fours, curiousity piqued.

"hey, trei"

She whispered softly to the girl, trei.

Trei dismissed kyvenne with her other hand and said through gritted teeth; "Hold on, remember I have to concentrate"

"Oh yeah I remember, yes I do, but it's been a long time and I thought you would need a break from concentrating right now--"
The pup rattled on loudly

"Kyvenneeee......... " Trei cringed, feeling her annoyance escalate to anger, the flame in her palm began to flicker threatening to extinguish itself.

" --are you done, because not talking is really hard and it's getting dark and usually we go get something to eat, and remember when we would hang out with that guy Jar, I miss him—"

That was it, just like that her blood was boiling at the mention of that.... SHOOOMFFFF... An intense wave of heat smacked them in the face, kyvenne started backwards bushy tailed and wide eyed, while trei automatically bolted up and shielded her face. Stumbling backwards she tried to assess the situation; for the moment surprise overrode rage. Squinting, she realized;

"Oh shit the tree is..."

Yes, they somehow managed to reduce the (arguably) largest tree in the clearing to little more than a mammoth flaming beacon of destruction