Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Boys

Started by Anonymous, December 07, 2010, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Aidan woke up slowly, everything filtering in slowly. The last thing he remembered was drinking with Avery and the client. He didn't remember going to bed, though, even with his eyes still closed; he didn't think this was his bed. It felt all wrong, hard and....wet? And very cold. That was not right!

With a groan, Aidan opened his eyes, blinking the sleep out of them. He started to lift his head, then froze with another groan. His head was throbbing. He dropped it back into the mud with a wet splat. And froze again, his vision clearing. Mud? What?

Glancing around, Aidan realized he was not in his luxurious and somewhat gaudy room back at the brothel. He appeared to be in....woods. Fear made him conquer the pain in his head and he sat up. His mouth tasted like it was filled with cotton, which meant he and probably been drugged.

What about Avery?! His frantic search showed him the crumpled form of the other Peach. What were they even doing here? Crawling the few feet to Avery, Aidan shook him lightly, "Avery? Hey...wake up. What is going on?"

Rhindeer

The world was suddenly shaking, jolting him out of a series of crazy, colorful dreams that didn't make a lick of sense, but Avery didn't want to wake up. His head hurt and sleep felt wonderful. He couldn't feel the ache in his head if he was sleeping, nor the cold and the wet. A little pained moan left him and he stirred a little, but kept his eyes clenched shut.

It was only when he heard a familiar, frightened voice filtering through the haze of his thoughts and dreams that he realized he should probably be worried.

"Uh...wha?" he rasped thickly, mouth horribly dry and disgusting tasting. First his left eye cracked open, and then the right, and Aidan's fearful face swam into focus. He blinked several times to try and clear his head, and finally his vision sharpened and he could make out more than just fuzzy shapes. "Aidan?"

Beyond Aidan's head, he could see the green of leaves with very small patches of blue sky breaking through. Trees? Sky? What...? He flexed his fingers and felt grass and wet leaves and dirt beneath him, and a powerful shudder went through him right before he jerked upright with a gasp.

"Aidan? What...where are we?" he demanded, looking every which way, hoping to catch a glimpse of city but instead only seeing more trees. "What happened? Why are we...why are we here? How did we get here? Why are we—" He paused and glanced down at his hands and saw that mud was caked on his palms and beneath his nails.

"Why are we laying in mud?!" he blurted, voice raising in growing panic. Heart beating wildly, he reached up shakily to feel at his hair, finding that it had fallen out of its up-do and was all disheveled down his back, and that his new hair ornament was no longer there. Then he realized he was touching his hair with his muddy hands and he let out a small squeal of horror and flapped his hands helplessly. "Aidaaan! We're sitting in mud!"

"I don't know!" Aidan's voice was a high pitched wail. He didn't even find Avery's antics funny because he was feeling the same way. He hadn't even attempted to find out what mess his long hair was in. He just couldn't deal with that right now. It was bad enough that his new, expensive clothes were now ruined.

He twisted around, trying to see...anything. A road, a city, god's nipples even a town would be nice. He hadn't been outside of the city in over 10 years! And had never been in woods!

"What happened?" The prostitute was on the verge of tears, trying to wipe his face, though he ended up just leaving a muddy smear across his cheek, "Where are we?!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

"I don't knoooow!" Avery cried miserably, repeating Aidan but not caring. "That's why I asked you! I don't know where we are or why or why we're in mud or--" He stopped, staring at Aidan, and made an anguished sound. "You're all dirty! I'm all dirty! And my hair piece is gone! My favorite hair piece!"

Why yes, he knew where his priorities lie.

He took deep breaths, fighting down the panic and trying to think over the roar of his blood pumping in his ears. But it was hard, because he was cold and dirty and didn't know where he was or how he'd gotten here. He remembered being at the brothel...and then nothing. Panic and self-pity made his eyes start to sting, wanting to turn into despair. They were out here all alone in the woods and no telling how far from home.

"What do we do?" he asked at last, fear lacing each word.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Aidan made a high pitched sound in his throat, wanting to just burst into tears. Normally his sister was here to fix problems like this. Nadia! Oh gods! He had never even been apart from her before, not really. He felt a new wave of panic raising, his heart pounding.

It was like a part of him was missing. He needed her! She took care of him! He didn't know how to handle this! He stared wide eyed at Avery, tears filling his hazel eyes, "I-I don't know. We can't stay in the woods. I mean...Avery...there are bears and lions and things in here! And we have to find a place to sleep and...and...where do we go?"

He didn't want to make these choices! He never made these kinds of choices, he followed Nadia's lead and things turned out okay.

Rhindeer

"Sleep? We can't sleep here!" Avery exclaimed, panic rising. "We'll freeze to death or get eaten! And where else can we go? There's no towns or anything anywhere! We must be miles and miles from home and how are we going to get food and where are we going to go or sleep and--oh gods, Aidan, what happened to us?"

Scooting closer to Aidan, Avery huddled up close to him. It was taking every ounce of willpower not to break down into hysterics, but someone had to be the calm, rational one here.

Anonymous

Aidan made a high-pitched sound in his throat, upset and about ready to burst into tears. He couldn't handle this! He reached over, clinging to Avery, more than happy to let the other man take the lead, "What are we gonna doooooo!? I don't want to get eaten! I don't know what to do!"

Getting out of the cold mud still hadn't occurred to him. Moving or somehow interacting with the woods might make it real. Might prove that this wasn't all some awful nightmare and he was actually stuck out in the woods with no idea where to go or what to do or how to even survive.

Rhindeer

Avery probably wouldn't have moved at all if he hadn't begun to notice his own shivering, which was becoming more and more noticeable as the initial shock and panic started to level out. It was then, trembling with goose-flesh dotting his arms, that he realized he was sitting in mud. Nice, wet mud that was staining his clothes.

He never got to answer Aidan. Instead, he let out a sudden squeal of horror and leaped to his feet, desperately brushing at his clothes. "Aidaaan! You're sitting in mud!" he cried, not for the first time--though he had forgotten about all those other times. "Spirits, this is disgusting!" he continued, only caking more filth on himself in his efforts to get it off.

Finally, he gave up and let his shoulders slump, though he was still standing where he had been sitting. He felt like utter shit. His feet were bare and squishing in the earth, his clothes were a mess, his hair was tangled, and he just felt dirty. And they were lost. He had no idea how they got here or when or why or how long it had been, but he had to calm down.

Avery pressed the heels of his dirty hands to his eyes and took deep, deep breaths, counting down from ten. When he was done, his heart was still thundering and he still felt both cold and sweaty, and--okay, so no, trying to calm down hadn't worked at all.

"I don't know what to do, Aidan," he said, and his face was streaked when he lowered his hands. "We should...we should probably stay here. In case they--wait, no, we shouldn't stay here in case they come back! Whoever they is. Right?" He hugged himself. "I dunno how we got here, but...we weren't supposed to be here."

Anonymous

When Avery suddenly leaped up, it took Aidan a moment to understand what was going on. Then his hazel eyes went wide and he scrambled up with a shriek. He was covered in the thick, wet muck and it dripped down his clothes.

Which were utterly ruined. All his attempts to get the mud off just smeared it into the clothes, and half of his face was already plastered with it, as well as most of his hair, thanks to his sleeping in it earlier. Tears filled his eyes and his voice cracked, "What? No! We can't stay here. Oh Gods Avery! They are going to find us and kill us! What happened? I mean, why us? I know we're pretty but we're whores! They just had to pay us!"

Reaching out, Aidan grabbed onto the other man's top, "I'm scared! I'm really scared! We have to get back to town!"

Rhindeer

Avery gave a hushed whimper that was part squeak. "Kill us? Kill us?! Oh gods! They're gonna kill us, Aidan!" He twisted so he could cling to the other man, trembling. His memory was still all foggy on the details, so he was just going to take Aidan on his word. "But why? What did we ever do wrong? They can't kill us! We're too young and pretty and I can't die out here!"

So much for being calm and rational. Faced with the reality that he might be murdered, Avery could feel himself fast approaching all-out panic. But a rustle in the bushes diverted his attention then and he yelped in alarm and clung tighter to his friend.

"What was that?!"

Anonymous

Aidan had no basis in reality for the murdering comment. In fact, he had been hoping that Avery would just tell him he was being silly and some how magically know what was going on. So it didn't help when the other man was agreeing with him.

Panic rapidly over taking his other emotions, Aidan's freak out was stalled when the bushes rustled and panic was shoved aside, replaced by deep, raw terror. Turning slowly, Aidan stared wide eyed at the bushes, "W-wha-"

He was cut off when a shape burst out of the bushes. Screaming shrilly, Aidan jerked back, smashing into Avery. The creature was a squirrel, chittering and insane. Still screaming, Aidan grabbed Avery's arm and ran for it, the angry squirrel chasing after them.

Rhindeer

Avery never even saw the beast. He didn't wait to see what it was.

He started shrieking as soon as Aidan started screaming, partially because Aidan's screaming had startled him into it, but also because whatever he'd seen must have been nightmarish! Dragged along by Aidan, he ran hard to keep up with him, the ground hurting his soft feet but he didn't care. While he hadn't run in years, he covered some serious ground, fear driving him on. He just wanted to survive!

"Oh gods! We're gonna die, we're gonna die! Run faster, dammit!" he yelled, streaking off the path and into the woods, pulling Aidan after him.

Anonymous

Despite the adrenaline and fear driving him onward, years of soft living were catching up. He wasn't screaming anymore, needed his breath to keep up with Avery, taking deep, ragged, sobbing breaths as the branches whipped past him, ripping at his skin and clothes.

Eventually his lungs just gave out and the whore collapsed onto the ground, dragging Avery to a stop as he was still gripping him tightly, "I-I can't run anymore! Is it still following us!"

While it had felt like miles, the pair hadn't really made it that far. But it was far enough the path was no where to be seen and the angry squirrel had given up the chase.

Rhindeer

Avery nearly collapsed himself when Aidan stopped so abruptly, but he managed to keep his feet somehow, stumbling but not falling. He couldn't run anymore, anyway; his muscles were burning, a sharp pain was stabbing at his side, and his heart and lungs felt about ready to burst. Worse yet, he was now covered in sweat and his hair was full of leaves and twigs.

But he could no longer seeing the beast following them. Not that he'd ever seen it to begin with.

Trembling and panting, he rested his hands on his knees and hung his head, trying to catch his breath. "N...no. I don't see it," he said, working moisture back into his dry mouth. He was ashamed to feel tears stinging his eyes, and he reached up with a shaky hand to rub them away. "I...I think we might've lost it..."

Anonymous

Sucking for breath, Aidan was finding it hard to not burst into tears again. How did all those hero types do it? With the running and the chasing and all that? It was hard work!

"Gods Avery! That was awful! Are there more? What is going to happen to us? I don't want to be eaten!" This was really, really not fun anymore. Not that it ever had been, but he was sweating dirty, tired and his lungs were burning.

Anonymous

"I don't know!" Avery moaned, absolutely miserable. How were they going to last the night at this rate? His heart leaped at the thought. Oh gods, it would be worse at night, with all the hungry things that came out and hunted under the cover of darkness...

He shivered, feeling sick at the thought, and looked skyward. He couldn't see much through the trees, but the woods seemed to be growing darker, and what he could see of the sky was grayish.

Crouching down beside Aidan, he hugged himself, trying hard to fight back panic. But he just felt nauseous and terrified. "Aidan, we need to do something. It's gonna get dark," he whispered, as though afraid to say those words out loud.

"What? NO!" Aidan's head shot up and he starred at Avery in shock and horror. He couldn't even fathom the idea of spending the night out in the woods. It wasn't an option. You couldn't sleep outside!

"We can't! I mean, there aren't beds! And there will be...be...rain! And cold and...Averyyyyyyyyy!" The whore burst into tears, clinging to Avery, wailing loudly. That always worked with Nadia. She made everything better.

Avery grunted when Aidan clung to him, and his wailing was not making matters any better. If anything, it was making him even more panicked, validating his fears that they were completely, positively doomed.

"What're we supposed to do, then?!" he demanded, voice rising with terror. "We're nowhere near home! There's animals and wolves and dirt and mud and we have to do something! We have to figure something out! If we don't, we're gonna die, Aidan! I don't wanna die! Do you wanna die?"

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!?" That snapped Aidan out of his tantrum and he made a high pitched sound, "No! I don't want to die! We-we-oh gods!" He looked around, trying to remember anything he had heard about surviving in the wilderness.

Trees! Yes! He remembered something about trees! "We have to sleep in the trees or bears will eat us. I heard that!"

"Trees! Okay! Trees. That's good. There are lots of trees around here. There's no shortage of trees. We can do trees," Avery said, trying to take deep breaths to calm himself so he didn't hyperventilate, though the effort was making him feel light-headed.

"Okay, so we just have to climb the trees. Sleep in them." He gnawed his bottom lip. He'd never climbed a tree in his life. "Good, good, alright, so we got shelter. What else. Oh, food. We have to find food. Water too. There's lots of plants, so that should be food, right?"

"Plants? What plants can we eat? None of them look like food." With shelter having been established, Aidan was going into whiny mode, "I don't want to eat leaves or anything!"

Avery was rapidly taking Nadia's place as the person he could whine at until they made everything better.

"Uh, things with berries! Fruit. Things that look fruity. Mushrooms. And leaves! Aidan, we may have to eat leaves! We have to eat something! And if animals can live on leaves, we can survive this!" Avery said, hugging the other man. "I don't wanna eat leaves either, but I wanna go home, too!"

"Oh, I like fruit...but Avery! We need a fire. How do we make a fire." Aidan's arms flailed, voice raising in panic again, "Avery I wanna go hoooome! I don't like it here!"

"Uhhh..." Avery strained to think. "Sticks. You need sticks to make a fire. And, uh, I think you just rub them together and then you get a fire or something...?" He grimaced, squeezing Aidan tighter.

"Come on, Aidan! Think! I wanna go home, too, but we can't go home if we die! What else do we need? Oh! Do you know the stars? Uh, north star! Which one is that? If we follow that, I think it's supposed to take us home."

"What? There is a north star? What the hell is that?" Aidan made a squealing sound, "I don't want to die. Averyyyyyyy!" Aiden grabbed Avery's arm, "Help me! What do we do? Sticks? We have to find sticks? What kind of sticks? Avery!"

"North, I think!" Avery said. It was the north star after all, so it had to be in the north! Whichever way north was. And never mind that there were a lot of stars in the north.

Petting Aidan's arm, Avery took deep breaths. "Uh, uh, stick sticks! Like...tree...sticks. Any kind of stick! Then we can rub them together and we'll have a fire and it'll be okay. Maybe someone will see it. And rescue us. Oh spirits, I wish I was a fire mage!"

"How do we know which way is north?!" Aidan then blinked, face lighting up, "Oh! Oh! Avery! I'm a fire mage! I can make the fire!" In his panic, he had forgotten his own power, "We have shelter and fire and we aren't going to die, right?!"

"You are?" Avery blurted, and then hugged him tightly again. "Oh, bless you! We're gonna be okay, Aidan!" Then he paused. "Except we still need food and water. And sticks. Uh, we should start getting sticks so we can make the fire. And quickly. It's starting to get dark."

"Aren't we going to eat mushrooms? I ate roasted mushrooms once..." Aidan looked around, "Um...um...maybe this is like um...camping? Or something." His lower lip trembled slightly, trying to remain calm, but it was hard.

"If we can find mushrooms..." Avery said slowly, not quite sure where to even look for those. He tried to put on a smile but it came out shaky. "Yeah...that's right. Camping. Camping's supposed to be fun, right? This can be fun."

Except Avery had never been camping and he hated nature because it was dirty and vile and had things in it that could eat you. "We should start looking for food..."

"Um...what does the food look like?" Aidan looked around again, staring at the trees. He had no idea where to even start. And despite the camping...idea, the forest looked frightening and dark.

Rhindeer

"I don't know! Food. Uh. Well, okay. We're in a forest. There's lots of animals in forests. Animals have to eat. So there must be lots of food around here and--oh! Animals! We can eat animals!" Avery said, pausing to take a deep breath, speaking far too quickly in his fear.

He took another long, slow breath to try and slow his racing heart and gave Aidan's arm a reassuring squeeze. Calm. He had to be the calm one here. "I've had rabbit before and it wasn't bad. There has to be rabbits around here. Now come on. Get up, and we can go, uh..." Go what? He didn't have the slightest idea where to begin!

"We can get prepared for the night."

Anonymous

Wrapping his arms around himself, Aidan rubbed his arms, looking around himself nervously. Avery needed to make this all better, needed to be like Nadia. Aidan wasn't used to having to try and solve problems. That was what other people did.

"Rabbit? How exactly are we going to get a rabbit?" While his brain hadn't realized what they would have to do once they caught it, he was pretty sure rabbits didn't just come to people when called.

Anonymous

"I...uh...well." Good question.

Running his dirty fingers through his tangled hair, he chewed his lip. "Well, I imagine we have to catch it. Like...ah! Set a trap! If we dig a hole and put leaves over it, maybe one will walk over it and fall in!"

"Dig? Like...in the dirt?" Aidan's voice rose a little, shrill with panic, "I can't dig in the dirt! That will ruin my nails!"

Avery grimaced. Good point. He didn't want to dig in the dirt, either, not after he'd just had his own nails groomed and neatly filed. They'd break! "Okay, maybe not a hole. What else, what else...oh!  Don't they like catch rabbits with string? Like...put a loop on the ground and they walk into it and get stuck? What's that called...?"

Aidan frowned, mulling that over in his mind, "Oh, yes. A...snare. I think I even know that knot." He looked around, as if tools were going to magically appear, "Do we have any twine or anything?"

Avery frowned and gave Aidan a flat look. "I can't say I make a habit of carrying balls of twine on me. So if you don't have any..." He let his breath out in a huff. "What else can we use? You really know how to make one?"

"Um...I think. I mean, I used to know, but I should still know." Aidan pouted, hurt by Avery's tone, "Do you have like a belt or...oh!" He pointed to Avery's neck, "Your necklace!"

"My necklace?" Avery covered it with his hand, blinking. "Trap a rabbit with this? But it's expensive! It was a gift!"

"You're pretty! You'll get another one!" Aidan wasn't going to be offering his own necklace and he was hoping Avery wouldn't notice. Plus, his wasn't as long as the other Peaches.

Fortunately for Aidan, Avery was beside himself with fear and wasn't really paying attention to the little details. Thus, Aidan's necklace was saved. Still he hedged, fiddling with the chain of his own necklace. Well...Aidan was right, he was pretty. He would get another. And they did have to eat. Weren't many other options...

"Okay...if this is the only way..." he said with a sigh, slipping it off over his head and dangling it in front of Aidan.

Taking the necklace, Aidan frowned at it for a moment, trying to recall how to do the knot. A few false starts later, Aidan beamed, holding up the chain, "Ha! See! I did it!" He was flushed with excitement, thrilled he had actually done something to help. He almost never did and he looked at the other man expectantly, waiting for the praise to be heaped upon him.

"Thank the spirits!" Avery exclaimed, leaning forward to examine the man's work. "Excellent! Now we just have to put it somewhere where rabbits would be and hope we catch one! Right? I mean, that's all there is to the trap, right?"

Poor Aidan. Avery was in no frame of mind to offer praise.

"Excuse me." Aidan wasn't about to let this drop. He pouted at the other whore, "Aren't you impressed? I remembered the knot and saved the day." The fact they were lost in the woods was rapidly moved down his priority list as Avery took charge. Avery would just make things better, so he didn't have to worry. He just needed to get his praise.

Anonymous

There was no time for this! Huffing in frustration, Avery waved his hands. "Yes, yes! You saved the day and are amazing! That is very impressive! Now can we please find somewhere to put it so we can find somewhere to sleep before it gets dark?"

And it was getting dark fast, which was making Avery increasingly uneasy.

"You don't have to be so mean!" Aidan pouted, sniffling a little, though Avery's words did cause him to look up, where  the sky was quickly losing light, "Um...wait...Avery...are we...I mean, are we going to actually have to sleep in trees?"

"Well...where else are we going to sleep, Aidan?" Avery asked, frowning. "You said if we slept on the ground, bears would get us! I don't want to get attacked by bears!"

"Well no! I don't either!" Aidan moved closer to Avery, feeling nervous again, "But I have never climbed a tree! How am I supposed to get up there?"

"I've never climbed one either!" Avery exclaimed, and wrapped an arm around Aidan's shoulders to draw him closer. As the shadows grew darker and longer, the forest sounds also seemed to grow louder with new night sounds.

He fidgeted. He didn't like this idea, but he liked bears even less. "I...well, alright, what if one of us boosted the other up? And then that one can pull the other up?"

As soon as Avery's arm touched him, Aidan buried his face against the other man, cuddling against his friend, "Do you think that would work?" He wasn't all that strong, but he really didn't want to get eaten by any bears, "What if we fall out of the tree? Avery, I'm scared!"

"I think? I don't know! You said bears can't get us if we go in trees and that they'll get us if we don't climb them!" Avery shuddered at the thought and pet Aidan's hair, trying to calm him--and himself.

"Now come on, it's going to be okay if we get up there. Right? That's what you said. We'll figure out the rest once we get up in the tree, but we should get up before it gets dark!"

Aidan's lip quivered and he clung to Avery, face pressed tight against Avery's chest, "I don't want to get eaten...you should go up first. I don't know how to get into a tree." He didn't like this at all. His stomach felt tight and he wanted to puke. It was like some nightmare he couldn't get away from.

Rhindeer

"And you think I do?" Avery asked incredulously. "I've never climbed a tree in my life! But, ah...okay." Right. Be the leader here, Avery! He took a deep breath and looked around, searching for a sturdy-looking tree and eventually finding one with a low branch that didn't look so thin it would snap.

Not that he knew how much weight a branch could take, anyway.

He had to jump to grab it and, for all his lean muscle, well, it didn't help him here. He dangled, the rough bark biting into his soft hands that had never seen a day of hard labor. "Little help, here!"

"Help?" Aidan wasn't sure for a moment what exactly Avery expected him to do. Then it clicked and he moved cautiously closer, not sure he liked this idea. Carefully wrapping his arms around the other man's legs, Aidan struggled to help lift him up, "You are so heavy!"

"Are you calling me fat?" Avery snapped, struggling to lever himself up. He managed to get the branch passed his shoulders and chest and wriggled to drap his torso over it, arms wrapped around the limb.

"I'm calling you heav-oof!" Avery's struggling caused him to lose his grip as he tried to adjust his arms around the other man's legs, "Careful up there!"

"I am not heavy," Avery pouted, and with a little more squirming, he managed to get his legs up there, too. Awkwardly bracing his hands against the trunk of the tree, glad he was not wearing shoes as it made this easier, he got his feet under him and perched on the branch in a sort of crouch. Oh gods, now what? How was he supposed to help Aidan up here now?

As he tried to figure that out, something clicked in his memory and he peered down at Aidan. "Aidan! You need to set the trap!"

"What? Oh! Right!" Aidan made a small sound, glancing around. It was scarier with Avery up the tree and him all along. He hurried over to where they had left the supplies, crouching down as he worked, every so often peering around to make sure no bears were sneaking up.

Once he was finished, he sat back, staring down at it. He was pretty sure it would work...he hoped. He had never made a snare before, it just...seemed like it might work. Maybe.

And he didn't care any more. He was twitchy from being alone on the ground. Rushing back to the tree, he held his arms up, "Okay! I'm done! let me up!"

Avery watched tensely while Aidan worked and fancied himself the other man's lookout. Once he was done, however, it was right back to that small problem that he hadn't quite figured out a solution to.

How to get Aidan up.

"Okay, uh..." He looked around for something to brace himself against, found nothing, and so instead he cautiously stretched himself out onto his belly on the branch. He wrapped his legs around the limb tightly and hoped that would be enough as he reached his arms down and grasped Aidan's hands.

"C'mon, pull!"

"Pull?" Aidan wasn't really sure about this, but he didn't want to be stuck down here anymore. Reaching up, he grasped Avery's wrists and sort of half jumped, half tried to haul himself up, lacking the upper-body strength to do much.

Avery gave a yelp and it took all his strength not to just flip over. Straining against Aidan's weight, grunting with the effort, he did his best to haul the other man up. "Come on! I can't do this much longer!"

It wasn't easy or graceful, but eventually Aidan managed to get one leg over the branch and haul himself up, panting and sweaty and miserable. He stared around, legs dangling over the sides of the branch, "...And we have to sleep up here? What if I fall off?"

With a sigh of relief, Avery sat up slowly and scooted back on the branch until his back was to the trunk, legs straddling the limb. Not the most comfortable position; in fact, it was downright uncomfortable. But there was only so much he could do.

"I...don't know. We just have to make sure we don't..." he said, gripping the branch in his hands. "Somehow."

Aidan scooted along the branch until he could stretch out on it, nestled between Avery's legs, his head on the other man's thigh, "...o-okay. Avery..." Aidan nuzzled closer, his voice low, "Avery...I'm scared."