Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Boys

Started by Anonymous, December 07, 2010, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Me too," Avery admitted, running a hand through Aidan's hair to try and comfort him. The only thing more terrifying than spending a night out here in the wilds, lost without food or bed or direction or anything, was the knowledge that they still didn't know how they'd gotten here or who had done this to them. "Just try to sleep. We'll need our strength. I'll keep watch."

Avery didn't know how or when, but exhaustion must have caught up to him because when a horrible squealing, thrashing sound jolted him awake, it was dawn. He gave another jerk of alarm when the sound fully registered and flailed when he started to tilt sideways off the branch, grabbing onto Aidan to right himself.

"Aidan!" he gasped, heart drumming in his chest and throat tight with fear. "Do you hear that? What is that?!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

When Avery grabbed him, Aidan jerked awake and he squealed in terror. For a few panic filled moments, he thought he was going to fall off the branch, be he managed to lock his arms and legs around it in a death grip.

Panting and wild eyed, it took a moment for the Peach to realize what was happening and to even register what Avery was even talking about, "Sound? What?"

He looked around, then noticed his trap had a flailing, shrieking rabbit in it. Jerking up, Avery beamed, ignoring the stiffness in his muscles, "Avery! I did it! I got a rabbit!"

Rhindeer

"What? Really?" Avery gasped, heart still firmly lodged in his throat, but he followed Aidan's gaze and...well, what do you know? It had worked!

"Ah! Aidan! You're a genius!" he exclaimed happily, and would have hugged the other man if he wasn't worried about knocking them both off the branch. It was perfect timing, too, because he was starting to feel the usual morning hunger pangs and now he didn't have to worry about starving! Breakfast was served!

With some careful maneuvering, Avery managed to swing himself down from the branch and drop less-than-gracefully to the ground, but he landed mostly on his feet and did it without breaking or spraining anything. Forgetting all about his fear of bears and wolves and monsters, he crossed over to where the trapped rabbit was struggling--and felt a sudden, twisting jerk deep in the pit of his stomach.

Up close like this, it...it didn't really look like breakfast at all.

It looked like a sad, terrified little bunny that was in obvious discomfort and pain.

And Avery hadn't thought out what would have to happen once the rabbit was snared.

"Uhh...Aidan?" he said, face pale as he looked over at him. "What now?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Aidan was much less graceful than Avery, dropping down from the tree with an undignified thwump. Standing and brushing himself off, he limped over, peering over his friends shoulder, "Um...well...then...uh...we..."

He paled a little, glancing over at Avery, "I'm not killing it. You kill it! I caught it!"

Rhindeer

"What?" Avery whirled on Aidan in horror, then backed away from his friend, vigorously shaking his head. "No! You caught it so you should kill it! You made the snare so you're supposed to know how it works! I didn't know it wouldn't kill it!"

Anonymous

"How did you think it was going to kill it? It's a piece of string!" Aidan's voice cracked, backing away from the twisting rabbit, "I've never killed anything! I am not killing it!"

Rhindeer

"You think I've killed something? I can't even kill spiders!" Avery shrieked, panicked at the thought. Granted, he only couldn't kill spiders because he was too busy fleeing from them and had to have someone else do it, but that was beside the point!

Anonymous

"I have Nadia for that stuff!" She always took care of the bad stuff so Aidan didn't have too. He backed up farther, back pressing against the trunk of the tree, shaking his head wildly, "No way! I'm not doing it!"

Rhindeer

"Well one of us has to!" Avery shot the rabbit a horrified look, shuddered, and quickly averted his eyes. "It's either us or it! And we need to eat and it's trapped and...and...uh...we just...we need to do something! We can't just leave it like that!"

Anonymous

"I am not killing it!" Aidan's voice cracked again, shaking as he stared at the struggling rabbit, "You do it!"

Rhindeer

"You're the hunter! Just...just..." Avery scanned the ground quickly, then swooped down and snatched up a large, blunt rock and held it out to Aidan. "Just hit it on the head! Real fast! One quick hit and it'll be--"

"Can I help you?"

Freezing in mid-speech, Avery turned slowly toward the voice--and then stared, dumbfounded. Several paces away in the woods, a black-haired, dark-skinned man stood, arms crossed over his chest while he watched them, his stance casual though his expression was amused. Judging by his pose and smirk, Avery got the impression that he'd been standing there for a while. He felt his mouth drop open while a thrill of happiness and relief rushed through him. A person! They were saved!

"Yes! Yes! We need help!"

Anonymous

Aidan was about to smack Avery's hand away when suddenly the most beautiful man he had ever seen appeared. His face flushed and, his priorities much straighter than Avery's, started to try and fix his hair, "Oh yes! We're in an awful lot of trouble!"

He hurried forward and threw his arms around the man, "I've been so scared! Thank the gods help has arrived!"

Rhindeer

Cadmus gave a small grunt when Aidan hugged him and shifted awkwardly to try and detach the boy from him. "Hello, Aidan." Though he'd never met the kid before, he'd caught glimpses, and Nadia had told him enough about her brother to recognize him. Besides, this kid looked like Nadia.

"Your sister sent me to find you. She's been worried." Gripping the boy's shoulders, he drew back from him and held him from him at arm's length, then glanced over to where Avery was. "And that must be Avery."

Avery could have wept with relief, but instead he opted to maintain a cool, elegant composure. "You're correct--now can we please go home? I smell awful and my hair's an utter wreck! And they stole my hairpiece! Stole it! Can you believe that? And I'm just so famished I don't think I can--"

He froze, suddenly aware of the stone's weight in his hand, and the squealing, struggling rabbit, though it was thrashing less than before, having exhausted itself. With a horrified sound at what he and Aidan had nearly done, he tossed the rock away and recoiled at the sight. "Ah! And can you please do something about that? We caught it but we couldn't...we just...it's so terrible and--"

Cadmus stared down at the rabbit, then looked from Avery to Aidan and let out a low, quiet sigh. Pushing away from Aidan, he strode over to the rabbit, knelt, and with one hand gripping its ears and the other its legs, gave it a sudden, hard jerk.

There was a sharp snap and the rabbit went still. Avery's hands flew up  to his mouth in horror and he felt bile rise in his throat as his stomach twisted sickly. Unfazed, Cadmus pulled the limp body free of the snare and held the rabbit up by its legs. "There."

Anonymous

Aidan was so giddy with sheer relief and joy that they were not only rescued, but rescued by a stunning, utterly delicious looking man that knew his sister, he was in no way prepared for what happened next.

When the snap filled the air, his dark skin went sickly pale and he backed away from Cadmus, expression uncomfortable, "Y-you killed...oh my gods!" It was all too much for Aidan and his eyes rolled back into his head and he went down with a soft thump.

Rhindeer

...Well, that had not been the reaction he'd been expecting. Startled, Cadmus started to go for Aidan, but Avery got there first, throwing himself over the other man and shaking him. "Aidan? Aidan! Oh, Aidan, speak to me, please! Ah!" He whirled to face Cadmus, face pale though he was glaring. "You brute! Look what you did to him! Was that really necessary?!"

"He'll be fine," Cadmus sighed, and pushed Avery aside so he could scoop Aidan up and toss him over his shoulder like he weighed no more than a pillow.

He shot Avery a questioning look. "You were planning on killing it anyway, weren't you? There was no sense in prolonging it; it suffered enough. The least you can do is ensure its death is not in vain. Now come on. Everyone's worried."

With that said, he turned and headed into the woods, leading the way back toward the brothel. Which, the peaches were soon to find, was just a little over a mile away.