Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

We're following the leader, where ever he may go

Started by Anonymous, January 06, 2011, 12:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

With his small band of crew, and the flustered Devon, Coventry strode deeper into the woods. He had no idea what could possibly be out there and it excited him down to his very core. There was no way of knowing what was out there, what creatures and people they might encounter.

His tail flicking, the lionoid scanned the trees, even the plant life different from the ones on the mainland. It was much larger here and so dense! Very interesting!

"Look here Devon. See these trees? Enormous! What a paradise here, so rich and green!" For a moment, Coventry wondered if they had found some land unspoiled by Milyn. But that would just be such a waste and Coventry quickly ignored that thought. Pish! Of course there would be savages to meet!

"Now, let us see. I am sure we came from that direction, and there was nothing there, so we shall head this way! Have no fear, I will find us assistance."

Anonymous

Humming quietly, Sethunya skipped along with an air of determination quite at odds with her carefree gait. The girlish prancing had her stumbling over tree roots, and her floaty white skirt kept catching on the undergrowth, but this was how a young woman alone in the forest was supposed to act and dress, especially when she was hunting fairies. While she'd seen a few before, even spoken to one or two and was probably vaguely related to one somewhere, they didn't really count. They weren't in the woods, and everyone knew real fairies lived in the woods. Now that she was here, it was the perfect opportunity to find some. She didn't know if they'd be the nice ones or the mean ones, but that didn't matter either so long as they were interesting.

A voice! She stopped abruptly and stood on tiptoe, craning her neck around to find it. Though it was faint, its strident tones didn't sound like she'd expect a fairy to, but what else would be all the way out here? Even in the unthinkable event that it wasn't a fairy, anything happening this deep in the woods had to have a story behind it! Turning her head this way and that, she decided on a direction and took it. It wasn't long before she was upon the source of the unfamiliar words – among other things, she was after all a genius detective – and... Well... They were just kinda... Dudes.

That was disappointing. While the animal bits were an interesting take on the idea and she approved of their fairy language, all of them were normal-sized, and none of them had wings or anything! And she was quite sure that there should be some music, or floaty lights. Even her family's dullest play had more spectacle than this. All in all, she felt, it was a pretty poor show. Apparently fairies these days couldn't be bothered to try any more. Maybe it could be salvaged, but still... She folded her arms huffily and stepped out, pouting, "You're not what I was expecting at all!"

Anonymous

While Coventry was expecting some exciting natives, he was not expecting one so odd looking! She had blue hair! Blue! And no animal features! She was blithering in some gibberish, but that wasn't really all that interesting.

Leaning closer, Coventry put his face close to hers, "Devon! Look! She's quite strange looking." He waved the cabin boy forward, "See! She has no animal! Maybe she has a tail?"

Rhindeer

"Sir! Careful!" Devon yelped, grabbing Coventry by the arm and trying to tug him back and away from the strange creature. "Not so close! She could be armed! Or...or a cannibal! Remember what the stories say?"

His snow-leopard tail lashed anxiously behind him and he stared at the girl warily from over Coventry's shoulder, ears pricked forward and rotating to catch any other sounds. "There could be more of her. If there's one, there's always more! She could be a clever decoy, designed to lure in prey..."

And worst yet? It was working. Coventry would fall for something like that! Which was exactly why Devon had come despite every fiber of his being telling him not to, because someone had to save the man's life.

Eyes still locked on the creature, he grimaced and waved a hand at her in a shooing motion. "We. Are. Not. In-ter-est-ed. Run along now. Coventry, we should go. Before more come."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The strange men came closer and closer, and closer still, and Sethunya leaned forward for a better look, mirroring the one that seemed to be their leader. She broke into an excited grin at how close she was to a real true non-city fairy – so close that their noses were almost touching, her brown to his golden. He was so inquisitive, and the one just behind him was so rude, and it was just like they should be! Now that was more like it!

It was kind of annoying that they were only talking to each other, though, even if they were looking at her while they did it. It was obvious enough she didn't speak their language, wasn't it? So it was only polite for them to use hers, all fairies knew how. "Hey you speak Common, right?" she asked in an attempt at subtlety, breaking the impromptu staring contest with the lion-man to skip a little way round the group. "I mean I don't mind if you keep fairy-talkin' 'cos you probably don't wanna bother with a cute little human girl like me but if you wanna ask me a riddle or something I would totally answer! Just saying that so's you know, you know!"

Anonymous

"Speak for yourself Devon. I am quite interested. It is our duty to find out more about her Majesties new subjects." Coventry straightened as the girl moved away, his feline eye following her. She appeared to be spouting some odd gibberish tongue.

"I say Devon. Just listen to that. She is too stupid to speak correctly. I wonder if all the savages are?" She was pretty though, with her lovely skin and dark hair. A shame she lacked proper features, but he could forgive that.

Reaching over, he tugged lightly at a strand of her strange hair, "How did you get it this color? Can you understand?"

Rhindeer

Devon made a little sound of horror when Coventry reached out and touched its hair. "Oh, and now you're touching it. Always with the touching. Sir! You really shouldn't be touching that! You don't know where it's been!"

He shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously, ears pinned back as he looked around the area. There were more coming, he just knew it! More coming with their spears and savagery to feather them with arrows and roast them over an open fire!

"She may be signaling for the others. Speaking in code..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

While Sethunya couldn't understand a word of his magical language still it was pretty obvious he was interested in her hair for some reason which was probably not a good thing since everyone knew you could use bits of people's hair to cast nasty magic on them and if it was a fairy doing it then it was likely to be even nastier although the one who was all touching her actually seemed quite friendly and it was the other one who was acting mean and besides if they did do anything with it it'd be more exciting and a good start to a story really and that sounded like something she'd totally love to get in on.

With that tortured train of thought having raced through her head, she flashed an exaggerated grin at the happy man, holding one of her sleeves and a lock of curly blue hair together. Making the fabric's edge razor-sharp for a moment, she sliced through the strands and proudly held the small clump out to him, urging him to take it. "I don't know what you're gonna do with this Mr Fairy Man Sir so please be nice!"

Anonymous

"You think she might? Oh I do hope she brings more! How exciting would that be?" Coventry had turned to look at Devon, distracted while the girl suddenly made her clothes move and sliced off a strand of hair.

That whipped the lionoid man's attention back to the girl, one visible eye widening, "Devon! Devon! Did you see that! She made her clothes cut her hair!"

Rhindeer

Devon gave a gasp of horror and jerked back in alarm. "Yes I saw that! That means she's armed! That means she can turn her clothes into weapons! That means the others probably can, too!" God, did Coventry honestly not see the problem with this? The danger?

He bounced nervously from foot to foot, wanting to leave but unable to abandon his captain. Why did this always happen to him? He was a cabin boy! That's it! He wasn't cut out for exploring and harsh forests miles and miles from civilization and strange savages speaking in tongues and offering their hair and--what?

Before Coventry could take the offered hair, Devon lunged forward and slapped it out of the savage's hand. "No! We don't want that!" he hissed. Who knew if she could turn her hair to razors, too? It could be some trick to harm the captain.

Anonymous

Smiling faintly, Sethunya flicked her gaze between the two men as they argued about... Something? From their expressions they had some problem with her, but she couldn't think what they could be so mad about! She hadn't done anything... Then again, fairies were known for being weird so it could have been any of a million silly reasons. Whatever it was, it was a mystery, and thus something she would have welcomed – if she had a chance of solving it. What was with their stupid language? It was really starting to annoy her! Finally the discussion ended, the grey one confirming her suspicions more roughly than she liked and she jerked backwards, startled. Crossing her arms huffily, she pouted, "Fine then! Maybe I didn't wanna be a bunny anyway!"

It really didn't seem like the fairies wanted to play. Maybe she'd caught them at a bad time? That didn't make her feel any better, though, having managed to find them only for them to be in this unfriendly mood. It just wasn't proper! Still in a bit of a sulk, she turned and began to stomp back the way she came. Oh well, at least she knew where they were now so she could come back later. Hopefully they would be nicer that time!

Anonymous

"Devon! You were rude! You upset the savage!" Coventry gave his cabin boy a disproving look before he reached out, grabbing the girl by her arm, "Wait, noble savage. Don't go. You know Devon, I thought they would be more naked..."

He smiled brightly at the girl, reaching his other hand up to stroke her cheek, "She's really quite lovely, even with her strange ears."

Rhindeer

"I was rude? Oh, of all the..." Devon huffed, and then directed his most potent glower at the savage as Coventry grabbed her, like it was her fault. Which it was. More naked? God! And then to have to watch him petting her like some adorable little pet...

His hands clenched into fists, but he was not jealous at all. Nope. He was just disturbed, that's all!

"Well, before you ask, you can't have her!" Devon said, crossing his arms over his chest. "And her ears ruin the look. She doesn't even have a proper tail!" Not that he could see, at least, and he wasn't about to go looking.

Anonymous

Pouting to herself as she stomped away, Sethunya almost immediately felt a tug on her arm and stopped. Did they want to play after all? Turning back around, her scowl turned into a grin when the yellow one apologised, or at least sounded apologetic which was good enough for her. So maybe they were up to something – she'd heard fairies weren't all fluffy and nice and it was pretty common knowledge they could be trouble – but she knew what to look out for. There wasn't any danger if she just kept her wits about her!

Giggling, she stuck her tongue out at the grumpy one. He needed to lighten up and join in the fun! Still, she had the attention of one of them so she might as well make the most of it! Her face lit up and she clapped excitedly, bouncing up and down. "Ooh! Ooh! Now show me some fairy magic!"

Anonymous

"Have her?" The idea hadn't occurred to Coventry yet, but as soon as Devon said it, his face lit up, "Oh! Yes! What a good idea! We can take her home with us!"

The girl chittered at him in her weird, ugly language and he nodded, tugging her arm forward and tucking it over his, leading her as if she was a lady at a dance, "Come fair maiden. Let my show you my ship. It's a little beat up right now, but normally she is magnificent!"

Rhindeer

"No, sir!" Devon gasped in horror. That had not been what he'd been saying! "No! You can't just...you can't just take her! She's a native! She's a savage! Did you see the look she gave me?!" Sticking her tongue out at him like that! How rude!

Devon latched onto Coventry's other arm to try and stop him. "She'll make a mess of everything and do we even know if she's housebroken? Sir, please, leave her to her native habitat! Who knows what sorts of diseases and parasites she has."

Anonymous

The yellow fairy began to lead her away as if to show her something, and Sethunya squealed in unrestrained delight. Finally someone was going to take her on a real true honest-to-gods adventure, and if that person couldn't be bothered to talk in a language she could understand, well, that just made it more mysterious! Again the ruiny ruiner was being all no-fun and boring but they could just ignore him. They'd been doing that already and it had worked out great so far!

"Ohmygosh you're really gonna show me fairy magic, I'm so excited!" she grinned, still oblivious to the fact that making conversation was pretty much pointless. Besides, it seemed to annoy the grey one even more and that was always a plus. Already in her groove, she rambled on, "I mean I can do magic and I guess you know that already but fairy magic is a special kind of magic so it's extra cool to see and I bet you can make all kinds of wacky stuff happen and oh! Will you play some fairy music for me too but I guess maybe that's part of the magic and I bet it sounds really pretty and tinkly and stuff you know, I was never very good at music, I tried to play a guitar once but then the man who owned it took it away before I could do anything with it..."

Anonymous

"Tish tish tish." Coventry waved dismissively at Devon, totally absorbed by the strange girl. She kept chittering at them in that strange language. It was adorable!

"What a stunning specimen you are. Where are your ears?" Coventry reached over, tugging at the girl's ear, "These are quite exotic, but a little odd."