Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stranded on a rock on the beach (open)

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2011, 09:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zunaji was quiet for a moment, considering what she'd said.  "What do you mean, small doses?"  Was her brother mean or something?  He didn't have any siblings himself, but a few of his friends did, and he knew from listening to their complaints that little brothers, and especially little sisters, could be really annoying.

She hadn't mentioned her parents, and he found that really odd.  For all his mother's protectiveness, he really adored her.  He'd have to find some way to divert her wrath when he returned home, otherwise she'd probably never let him out of her sight again.

Thief

He certainly was a inquisitive little guy. "I just mean that I can't be around him too long. We tend to argue a lot." She really needed to change the subject before she ran out of little white lies. "You know how that is, right? Certainly you know someone who just gets on your nerves?"

((Sorry for the long wait.))

Anonymous

He nodded.  "Yeah.  One of my friends has a little sister who likes to argue with him."  He grinned a little.  Some of those arguments were a little amusing.  As long he didn't get dragged into it.  

The tide was coming back in now.  It wouldn't take long for it to reach the rocks Zunaji was perched on.

((It's alright.))

Thief

Judging by the grin, he found the arguments funny. She could use that. "Yeah, it's exactly the same, no matter how old you get. Actually, with us, it just got worse the older we got." Scarlet grinned a little when she said, "But it can be fun sometimes."

She noticed that the water was creeping closer to where they sat. The tide would come in on its own time, but Scarlet was torn. She did not want her new friend to leave, but she also did not want him to get into trouble.

Anonymous

The sounds of water coming in, lapping against the sand, distracted the boy for a moment, and he twisted to look behind him.  Zunaji grinned brightly, thrilled that he wouldn't be stuck here much longer.  

Still grinning, he turned back to Scarlet and then it dawned on him.  He'd have to leave soon, and he wasn't really liking the idea of parting ways with his new friend so soon.  He blurted out the first question that came to mind.  "How come you don't live in one place?"

((OOC:  holy freakin' crap.  this post took forever, and it sucks.  i am so sorry.))

Thief

"Well, that is a bit hard to explain." Scarlet gave him a bit of an apologetic look. "I just can't seem to settle down anywhere. It's really a bit beyond my control. I always end up traveling somewhere, meeting new people, trying new things. I guess I like the experience too much to just stop."

The water at her feet caught her attention. The tide had almost reached their little spot on the beach. "Well, guess you'll have to be going, huh?"

((Sorry, haven't had power in almost a week. Stupid storms knocked it out.))