Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Rogue in the Forest [Closed]

Started by Thief, March 23, 2011, 09:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thief

Scarlet found herself in a forest just before nightfall. There was no way she was going to spend the night just lying in the dirt, it was very unladylike. Her first order of business was to find shelter. Grabbing a few good sized limbs, she quickly threw together a lean-to and placed a bedding of fallen leaves inside to serve as a place to sleep. Next, she would need a fire. She quickly set herself to gathering suitable material to start one.

Anonymous

((OOC: OMG D8 I can't believe I didn't reply to this! I didn't bookmark it and it slipped through the cracks. I AM SO SO SORRY))

Leon yawned, trudging through the forest. He was heading back through the woods, taking a shortcut and he was starting to get a bit tired. Probably gonna have to set up camp soon, though some movement and rustling caught his attention.

Creeping closer, Leon caught sight of a pretty red head messing around with sticks. Never one to leave a damsel in distress, he headed over, beaming, "Well, hello there! Can I help?"

Thief

((OOC: No worries, I was out for a bit anyway. I'm just glad you didn't have to wait on me.))

Scarlet was startled by the man's voice, as she had not heard him approach. He was a tall, lean fellow, though he had somewhat soft features. He did not look like much of a threat, but Scarlet was suspicious. She found herself both attracted to him and cautious of him.

"Sure," Scarlet said with a smile, "I just need a little help getting a fire going. If you could help me gather some wood and kindling, I would greatly appreciate it."

Anonymous

"Oh yeah. That I can do. You just rest your little head darlin'. Leon here will take care of ya!" Nothing Leon liked more than helping out a pretty lady. Her look was a little odd, but she was far too pretty to be a witch. Witches were hags and stuff.

He searched the area around the camp and soon had an armful of wood and a bit of kindling. He squatted down next to the attempt at a fire and gave the woman his best, winning smile, "Here. I'll get this started real fast."

Leon wasn't bad at building a fire, but he wasn't as good as he bragged to be. Soon he had the structure built up and fumbled around his pockets for a bit of flint.

Thief

"Please do, it'll get chilly when the sun sets." Scarlet looked up at the sky, that would not be long from now. Just the thought of being cold made her wish she had stayed at that nice inn back in Northwatch. Hopefully her new friend would have the fire going before it got too cold.

Scarlet watched as he pulled the flint from his pocket and began to strike a spark off of it, but the kindling did not seem eager to burn. "So, what brings you through here?" Scarlet asked. She was still not very sure about him.

((Sorry, haven't had power in almost a week. Stupid storms knocked it out.))

Anonymous

It took a few more tries, but eventually Leon got a small light going. He had to ignore her question for a moment as he managed to get it to stay, building it up slowly. Once it seemed like it wasn't going to die, he sat back and grinned, "Just headin' back home. Been on a very important mission. Huntin' down a witch!"

A Mordecai had needed some extra help and he been one of the people who had gotten picked. It had been easy enough, only a few injuries and no deaths. Well, besides the witches.

Thief

Scarlet was glad to see a fire. Even if it was just a small dancing flame, it was a fire at last. There was a draft along the ground and it most certainly was not going to get any warmer on its own.

Scarlet was so glad to have a fire started that it took a second for her understand what he said. "A witch? That sounds dangerous." She walked up next to him and sat with him by the newborn fire. "You weren't hurt were you?"

Anonymous

"Oh yes. Very. They can steal souls and stuff. And like, they birth monsters that can rip a man apart." Leon nodded, leaning a little closer, eyes sliding along Scarlet's form. She was quite pretty and Leon wanted to impress her.

"I wasn't injured, but it was close. Some of the others were badly wounded. But I was able to slay the bit-uh...beast." He was too used to being around the soldiers and needed to remember to watch his language.

Thief

She listened as he described the evils of witches. Scarlet had seen many worlds, and had seen many magics. Some of what she had seen, she wished she could forget. Such evil magics that she had lost sleep after witnessing their effects. That is why she never cared to learn more than simple magic, and nothing was more simple than throwing fire. It was practical, effective, and even intimidating when needed.

She noticed his eyes tracing the curve of her body and blushed a little. Not that she was embarrassed, just that she hoped he would notice it. She could not place why she seemed so interested in him, but he might end up sharing her shelter tonight if he kept smiling at her like he was.

She felt another draft and shivered. Suddenly, everything got darker. She looked over to see that the fire had gone out. "Shit." She had been too distracted to notice when it happened. "Now I'm going to freeze." She began searching the dirt for the flint her new friend had used earlier. She could start it herself, but he did not seem too fond of magic.

Anonymous

"Huh? Fuck! Er...sorry about that." Leon gave Scarlet a lopsided grin as he bent over and started searching for his flint again. It wasn't too hard to find and soon he was crouched back in front of the cold fire, striking the flint against his dagger.

"Should have been paying more attention. Though, if ya like, I got a blanket and we could, you know, snuggle under it and keep warm that way."

Thief

Scarlet blushed again at his offer. However, she was not about to go without a fire. "Well... If it's a choice between cuddling or fire, then I choose both." She gave him a wink before approaching the fire pit. Her patience had run out, and she was tired of being cold.

She extended her hand over the lifeless fire pit for a brief moment, and a small tongue of flame shot from her palm to the firewood. The fire was instantly alive, and burning stronger than it had been earlier. "Now, let's hurry and build up the flame so we can get under that blanket." She gave him another quick wink along with a smile.

Anonymous

Things had been going well with the pretty lady when all of a sudden she stretched her hand out over the wood and SHOT FIRE OUT OF HER HAND![/b]

Jumping back, Leon's hand went to his sword, eyes narrowed, "Mage! You are a tainted one! Surrender quietly and I wont hurt you."

He unsheathed the blade, pointing it at the red clad woman.

Thief

Her hunch was right, he was not fond of magic. However, she never expected him to threaten her. That was a mistake, as she did not take threats well. He was just fortunate that she liked him.

Hoping to avoid a confrontation, she decided to try to talk her way out of this. "What's the matter?" she asked with a smile. "I got the fire going for us. How is helping us to stay warm a bad thing?" Her face became the cutest pout she could manage. "Do you think I'm an evil witch too?"

Anonymous

"All witches are evil." Leon spit to the side, wanting to ride his mouth of the taint of the words they were speaking, "You go against nature and God."

She was pretty, but Leon wasn't about to be swayed by looks alone. He had heard all about witches and their tricks!

Thief

He was not calming down. Scarlet prepared to defend herself, drawing a knife hidden in her sleeve. At this hour, he was surely fatigued from his day. He also said something about fighting recently. Perhaps she could just wear him down and escape. Hopefully she could avoid hurting him, but she would if she must.

"We don't have to do this. We can just forget it happened and go back to setting up camp for the night." She took a step back, and prepared for his answer.

Anonymous

Leon spit again, "Witch!" He quickly made a warding sign with his hand, then charged the woman. The fact she was female didn't make him hesitate at all. She was a magic user and it was his duty to bring her down. He couldn't believe that he had been flirting with a twice damned poxy witch!

Leon was a good swordsman, but he was tired and it slowed his swings, made his reflexes sluggish.

Thief

As he approached, Scarlet focused all her attention on his sword. She was too tired to use her ability for very long, so she would have to disarm him if she hoped to end this without hurting him.

Her eyes began to glow faintly as she sped herself up, causing everything around her to slow. She dodged each swing as the sword slashed at her in slow motion. Readying her knife to counter, her free hand seized his wrist. She quickly pulled downward in an attempt to slam his hand into her knee, hopefully forcing him to drop the blade.

Anonymous

Of all the tricks Leon had been expecting, someone suddenly going super fast wasn't one of them. He attacked aggressively, but he couldn't keep up with her speed, each attack finding air instead of the woman.

When his wrist slammed into her knee, Leon tried to keep a hold of his sword, a startled cry escaping him. But his hand wouldn't listen and the sword dropped from his numb hand. Damn!

His left hand groped for his dagger, drawing it awkwardly. He wasn't letting this cunt win!

Thief

Scarlet kicked the sword away, sending it into the darkness beyond the light of the fire. Her eyes never left Leon. Their ominous glow starting to fade as her energy was depleting. Her speed would slow marginally with each passing second. She had to get that dagger away from him while she still had the advantage.

In the time it took for a blink, she closed the distance between them. She held her dagger ready to defend herself, but also planned to use the handle to strike him. This charge was intended to knock him to the ground, where she would pin his wrist in an attempt to disarm him.

((OOC: I just noticed you've become an Admin. Congratulations!))

Anonymous

The charge staggered Leon, but he didn't go down, awkwardly groping for the woman, wanting to pin her if he could. He had size and mass on her and she was way to fast for him. And judging by her glowing eyes, the whore was using magic.

Grunting, Leon slashed with his dagger, his aim off with his left hand.

((OOC: Thank you 8D You're actually the first one to say anything <3 I'm super excited!))