Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A bump in the daylight

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2011, 10:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was a beautiful day and not much to do. He had finished his drills and was feeling all pumped and manly. Made him wish he knew some pretty girls to go impress. There had been a few girls watching them train, but he had missed his chance with them. They always liked the big hairy ones anyway.

Like Alexander. He missed him. Maybe he should go visit him once he had some time. Winter with him if he could swing it. Lost in thought about visiting his old friend, Leon wasn't paying any attention to where he was going and smacked right into someone.

Stumbling back, his arms wrapped around the person, "Oh! Whoa! I'm sorry! Are you okay?"

Scythe-Nova

As usuall Ikki was collecting herbs and roots in the forest and she had just found some rare Silver Beard Moss. She had just finished putting the Moss into a jar and putting the jar into her trusty Apothacery Chest and gotten up from the ground, before someone slammed right into her and before she fell to the ground she was catched by that same someone.

-"Ah... what? oh yeah... I'm okay... Little shaken though..."

She blushed slightly when she looked up on the face of the person that catched her. Ikki were not really comfortable being this close to a male person like now.

Anonymous

Still steadying the girl, Leon did move away a little, no longer pressed so close. Give the girl a little breathing room, "I'm sorry about that! Two left feet, ya know? I was busy thinking about all those monsters I've been huntin'."

Couldn't hurt to show off a little. Impress the local ladies.

Scythe-Nova

-"Monsters? There's monsters around here?"

She said somewhat calmer and looked at the person with raised eyebrows, now that she were not as close as before and could calm down.

-"Of course it were some years ago i last were in theese parts..."

She said looking at the man with a much calmer voice but her blush had not calmed down.

Anonymous

Leon blinked, his smile faltering slightly in his puzzlement. Well, he supposed she was a woman, no surprise she didn't really know what went on. But, still, that seemed a little unsafe. But this was a time for bragging!

"Oh yeah! Tons! Big, scary vicious ones. Animals twisted and shaped by witches and the wild magic still in parts." Leon puffed his slender chest out, trying to look impressive, "I fight them, with my unit of course, and we keep these parts safe. It's dangerous work, but I feel it's my God given duty to protect the nation and the people in it."

Scythe-Nova

She smiled at the man when he talked about what he and his squad did to protect theese parts. she did not really know why the man boasted about his work but she guessed he liked to talk about his work.

-"Thats courageous Work you do here... ehm whats your name, if i may ask?"

She said looking at the man and smiled more friendly at the man while leaning onto her apothecary chest sligthly.

Anonymous

"Oh, right! Leon Rothschild at your service!" Leon touched his head, as he didn't have a cap to remove for her, "And well, ya know, it's a mans duty to protect his country."

He paused, realizing he had been going on about himself and had hardly let the girl speak, "Can I ask your name?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah sorry my name is Ikki Talorim traveling Doctor and Apothecary... I also do some Alchemy on the side"

She said and stretched her hand out to Leon for a handshake and smiled friendly at him. Her eyes did not show as much tiredness as they usually did since she had gotten some sleep quite recently and as a result she looked a bit more lively now, the rings under her eyes could still be seen quite clearly though.

Anonymous

"Oh. Wow. That sounds impressive!" Leon wasn't really sure what exactly all that meant. All that higher learning stuff was beyond him. He knew enough to know that Doctors and Apothecaries could treat injury and disease. And alchemy did...magic like stuff, but wasn't magic. Or something.

"So what brings you here?"

Scythe-Nova

She looked at Leon and smiled freindly before hopping up on her Apothecary chest and sitting down on it.

-"Not much really... I travel very much so i just try to help out any way i can around the world"

She said and tilted her head cutely and scratched her head lightly before looking at Leon again.

-"What were you going i such a hurry then?"

She asked and looked up on Leon smiling lightly.

Anonymous

"Wow! Does that mean you leave the borders? Into witch country? How do you stand all that taint?" Leon couldn't imagine going out into the rest of the world. Demons and monsters and magic were everywhere, corrupting the land and the people and making things unnatural.

"What? Oh, no where really. I just had my head in the clouds." Leon let out a small laugh, rubbing the back of his head.

Scythe-Nova

-"Eh... Yes i venture to the other kingdoms and i have been to almost every large kingdom... What do you mean by taint?"

She said and looked at Leon with a raised eyebrow and tilted her head a bit and seemed interested. Some moments later a small sound came from Ikki, rather from her stomach actually. She smiled a bit embarassed and giggled a bit before hopping down from her apothecary chest and looked at Leon.

-"Sorry but i think i need a bit to eat, Are you hungry?"

She asked and moved herself to the "Doors" of the Apothecary chest while still looking at Leon.

Anonymous

"Taint. You know...the magic taint." Leon's smile faltered, a little nervous about this woman now. How could she not know that? Was she one of those Serenian witches? "You...aren't a mage are you?"

Scythe-Nova

-"... No i do not know about it... Then again i usually do not travel much in Connlaoth"

She looked at Leon lightly and raised an eyebrow and opened her Apothecary chest while still looking at Leon.

-"That really depends on what you mean by Mage, using magic or being magic?"

She said and scratched her left side before crouching down in front of her Apothecary chest and started to rummage trough it with one of her hands.

Anonymous

Leon tensed, feeling uncomfortable now, watching the woman warily, "Do you use magic? Are you tainted? You don't wear the mark." His eyes narrowed, hand twitching slightly as he resisted the urge to draw his sword.

Magic made him very, very nervous.

Scythe-Nova

Ikki Stod up now holding a small glass bottle with an red liquid inside that moved a little by itself inside the bottle as if it had a life of it's own.

-"As i said I cannot answer your question wether im tainted or not since i do not know what it means to be tainted, But to answer your other question No i do not use magic."

She said with a straight face and looked at Leon curiously to why he seemed so tense.

-"And What Mark?"

She then asked with a troubled expression.

Anonymous

Oh dear. Leon wasn't really sure what to do here. This was territory for a priest. He glanced around, he was going to have to get her to a church. The bottle had Leon watching it warily, "We don't allow  magic here. It's tainted, evil. We've purged it from our borders."

He paused, shifting slightly, "How do you not know that?"

Scythe-Nova

-"Like i said earlier i travel all over the world... I do not stay long enough to learn much about the culture. But i bear no mark on my body other than the tatoo that i got from a tribe shaman for curing the tribes chieftain"

She said and rolled up the right sleeve on her shirt and showed the Blue and black tatoo she had on her forearm((Check her picture for refrence :3)).

-"Though if you deem magic to be a Taint of Evil, I will say that my being are of Magic nature..."

She said and looked with a serious expression at Leon waiting for his reaction.

Anonymous

Why did this stuff always happen to him? And everyone knew about their crusade against the dark forces of magic! Leon shifted, feeling very uncomfortable, "I...uh...I think you had better come with me to talk to a Priest."

Scythe-Nova

-"A priest? Why i want to talk to someone like that?"

She asked and picked up a small parcel from her box and started opening it revealing it to be filled with small slices of dried meat.