Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A bump in the daylight

Started by Anonymous, April 10, 2011, 10:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Uh...because of um...your lack of understanding of our laws and how dangerous magic is." Leon shifted again, feeling really awkward. She really shouldn't be wandering through the nation if she was going to be spreading weird magic, but he also wasn't sure she was. But she mentioned being magical and magical creatures all had to be tested to make sure they couldn't do magic and that if they did, they were marked.

Scythe-Nova

-"... If magic is dangerous then i would not be the person i am today..."

She said and sighed heavily and somewhat sad before looking at Leon again. She really didn't like religious people and saying that magic is dangerous is like saying that her very core being is Dangerous, She didn't like that thought, not one bit.

-"Let's make it Simple then. I am magical because i am not a Human like you, I am what you would call an Homonculus or Homonculli if you will. In common terms you would say that i am an artificial human"

she paused a bit to make sure that Leon was following her and then continued talking very straightforward and also with a somewhat annoyed tone.

-"I were created through magic and Alchemy to be like a human, And because that i am nothing naturaly born i have no means of producing any magical energy of my own"

She paused again and looked seriously at Leon while tapping with her finger on her Apothecary chest, She was a bit annoyed that Leon had said that the very thing that made her is a bad thing.

-"Ergo i am magical but not able to use magic..."

She looked at Leon for some seconds before biting her lip a bit and walked up to leon and looked him in the eyes even though being shorter than him. Her eyes were showing anger and her knuckles whitened when she clenched her fists.

-"And also don't you think it's a bit rude to say that magic is Dangerous?! I mean take me for example i was born through magic and i have saved so many lives that i simply cannot count them anymore!"

Ikki were beginning to get angry at the thought that people thought that all magic were the same, She had heard some rumors about Connlaoth having laws against using magic but she thought they were just rumors not real. Ikki rarely got angry at anything really but that thought really pissed her off, and that this man said that she had to see a Priest was not really helping.

-"And a last thing!" she held up her index finger and pressed it angainst Leons chest to make a point. "I'm a scientist, and i do not want to have anything to do with religions of any kind!"

She looked at Leon quietly for some time before stepping back to her apothecary chest and looked with a annoyed expression at Leon while having her arms crossed over her chest.

(( Wow the first time i RP someone really angry :3 I hope Leon don't take to much offense though XD ))
((Hope you don't mind that the post is a bit long :P))

Anonymous

"Yeah yeah. I get that. I mean, we have magical beings and stuff around..." Though they always made Leon really nervous. It wasn't natural. But at least they were controlling the taint inside them. He shifted again, feeling uncomfortable, "I'm gonna have to take you to see a priest. It's uh...it ain't allowed for ya to be talkin' like this and wanderin around without knowin' about magic and stuff."

Scythe-Nova

-"... Oh i know about magic and stuff but this is the first time anyone have said to me that magic is tainted..."

She sighed heavily and leaned against her Apothecary box and looked at Leon with an extremly anoyed expression.

-"I will only say it one more time, I'm not able to Use magic and i am not going to see a priest!"

she said with an determined tone.

((A little short :P))

Anonymous

"All magic is tainted! It's a blight upon this world!" Leon's voice was louder than he intended and he reached forward, grabbing Ikki's arm, "And you are coming to a Priest. That wasn't a request."

Scythe-Nova

Ikki acted fast when Leon reached foward and popped the vial she held into her mouth and swallowed the content quickly, And when Leon grabbed her hand she skillfully took a step towards him and grabbed at his clothing around the chest area and tried to Throw him in an martial arts manner. though being so small Ikki were quite skillfull in some close combat teachings, mostly they were throws, holds and disarming moves.

-"And i said NO!"

She shouted and wringed herself out of Leons grasp and took some steps back, at the same time small red glowing markings started to appear on her body in diffrent locations slowly spreading over her Whole body. Her body also seemed to undergo a change by growing taller and her muscles started to develop fast becoming stronger and larger. All of this were thanks to the potion she drank some moments ago, The potion were desinged to give the user a temporary boost in the physical aspects of the user. The side effects of the potion were that red glowing markings would appear on the body of the user and when the effect wore off the user would experience excrutiating pain flowing through the body.

((Hope it doesn't seem like i just said "she did", if thats how it seem i apologize, i meant that "she is trying to". Okay :3))

Anonymous

Leon was not expecting that and he landed hard, the breath knocked out of him. He scrambled to his feet, drawing his sword. The creature was a witch! Evil magic was visibly crawling across her a Leon quickly warded himself.

The people around them scattered, woman screaming and grabbing children away. A few other men noticed the commotion and drew swords as well. Witches weren't tolerated in Connlaoth's borders.

"Give yourself up! If you surrender, you death will be quick!" Leon really wished there was a Mordecai around, the idea of fighting a magic slinging witch was a little terrifying.

Anonymous

(Well, it said the thread was open, so I thought I'd hop in and do some honorable defending. Hope you don't mind!)

Blade was running. He was trying to head to the border when his hearing caught the screech of a girl and the growl of a man. He slid to a stop and changed direction, bolting for the sounds. He saw the men with swords drawn and Blade growled. He jumped in front of the men with the girl behind him, swords extended from his arms and imbedded in his wrists. He looked at the girl over his shoulder. "I'm sorry, miss, but are these men bothering you?" He turned to face the sword-bearing men. "Leave the lady alone and I won't have to shred you all to pieces." The Vulpiblade growled, raising his arms, and thus blades. "Now, will you surrender and let her go, or will I have to destroy you all?" He hoped to intimidate some of them into fleeing, but he wasn't sure what would happen.

Anonymous

"Girl? That's no girl! That's a witch!" Leon spat when he said the word, narrowing his eyes, "And you seem to be a creature of magic as well. We don't allow your taint here!" He had no idea how things had gone from a simple bump into someone to her turning out to be a disgusting magic user and her henchmen. They defied nature and made unholy pacts that led to ruin and pain.

Anonymous

Blade's mouth curled into a smile. "I believe I told you to leave the lady alone." He flicked his wrists, disengaging his swords and grabbing them before they hit the ground. He twirled them once before slipping into a battle stance. "Oh, and miss? The name is Blade." He said to the girl behind him. He leaped for Leon and attempted to bring his swords down on his head in a dual-sword cleave.

Anonymous

Leon swore and brought his blade up in a quick parry. He stumbled back and a few other soldiers rushed forward, trying to help, attacking as a team to try and take Blade down. Leon kept his focus tight on Blade, unable to attempt a counterattack as he struggled to defend himself.

Anonymous

Blade was still smiling, even as his blades bit into Leon's. "You know, it isn't very honorable to gang up on a single target." With that, he pried his blades away from Leon and swung at two of the incoming men's legs, cauing them to fall in pain as the tendons in their legs were severed. Two more came up and Blade sighed. He had hoped he wouldn't need to use magic himself. He cried out, "Blazing Blade!" And his swords burst into flames on command. With the sudden inferno, the two men backed away, swords raised. He turned back to Leon. "Will you leave the lady alone, or am I going to burn your body as I slice it to pieces?"

Rhindeer

"Stand down, fucker!" Beatrid snarled, jogging onto the scene, sword out and raised.

She had been passing the time in the village with her ward, Adelaide, in tow when...all hell decided to break loose. Kind of literally. What had turned into a peaceful day soon turned to chaos. An unmarked mage was casting and her people were getting attacked, falling to the ground with their legs cut out from under them. Her soldiers, the ones that had accompanied she and Adelaide as an honor guard. It had all happened far too quickly.

Drawn by the shouts and frightened cries, Beatrid had ordered Adelaide to stay put before she rushed off toward the sounds--and into a war zone.

As soon as she she neared the scene, her Mordecaism did the rest, locking down the magic in the area. While it may not have been a large advantage, certainly nothing so fancy as what mages could do, it did at least level the playing field. No more fireballs; now it was just steel against steel.

She fell into place beside Leon and slid into a defensive stance. "You are both under arrest! This is your first and only warning! Stand down or die!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Scythe-Nova

((Wow now things are happening :3 By the way weren't we in a forest just a moment ago?))

Ikki looked around herself quickly and before she knew it more people joined the scene. She weren't happy about fighting though if she were going to get through here alive she had to fight seriously. Then another person hopped into the scene standing in front of Her now it looked as if she had someone protecting her. "Perfect this'll give me an opportunity to get to my chest" She thought and slowly crouched before a loud sound boom were heard and she suddenly now stod where her apothecary chest had been now with it strapped on her back where it belonged.

-"Mister Blade i suggest we run for the border now."

She said and dodged a sword that were aimed for her throat that a guard had swung. She skillfully moved behind the guard and quickly jabbed with her fingers on specific points on his back and the guard simply fell down to the ground not able to move. She then looked over to the female that now joined the scene and felt a great disturbance of her surroundings.

-"...So thats why this place suddenly got so vile.."

She turned towards the woman and got into an battle stance and at the same time the markings on her body started to glow more and thin red smoke started to fall from the markings. Another sound Boom were heard and Ikki now stood behind the woman and Leon, she drew back her hands quickly before striking at the womans and Leons back with an powerfull open palm strike.

-"Now would be a good time to bolt it mister Blade!"

((The potion is Ikki's main weapon in battle so it's kinda awesome. It greatly boosts Toughness, Speed, Strength, and also gives the user a sixth sense of awareness. I'm gonna scribble down some of the potions she's likely to use on her profile :3))
((Oh and i hope i didn't do anything wrong with my post :D))
((Oh an a last thing Ikki's potions go under the magic item rule for Mordecaism :3))

Anonymous

((Nope, never been in a forest xD Always been in town))

Leon barely had time to thank Ansgar for the arrival of a Mordecai. All around him, his friends, soldiers he had trained with were dropping, legs destroyed. He dropped into an aggressive stance, snarling at the man, "Burn in hell you fucking cunt rotted scum!"

With a smooth motion, Leon moved to strike, blade heading for Blade when Ikki's hand slammed into his back, throwing off his stance. He hadn't even seen her move!

[hr:34fzk1am][/hr:34fzk1am]

Adelaide had been looking forward to her date with Beatrid. Well, so, Beatrid hadn't called it a date, but that really wasn't the point. The tall, powerful knight had been showing her around the small town when suddenly things had gone mad!

Being a Serenian mage, Adelaide was used to seeing magic, but she knew it wasn't allowed here, so the flames and the glowing girl were rather alarming. What were they even doing?! Not even the magnificent form of Beatrid charging to battle could completely distract Adelaide from the knowledge that this fight was making peace between their nations that much harder.

When the woman appeared behind her darling Beatrid, Adelaide's hand rushed to her mouth, calling out a warning, though it might have been too late, "Beatrid! Behind you!"

Anonymous

Blade blocked Leon's strike with one sword, which was no longer on fire, though his own sword still hit him with the force of the swing. "Miss, as much as I would prefer to keep fighting... I agree with you. This has gotten beyond what I can control!" He swung at a man behind him and cut him open from shoulder to hip. He glared at Leon. "Keep in mind, human... This is not over. I am retreating only because the lady has asked for it. I would much rather kill you and the witch that extinguished my fires... But alas, I cannot. Pass the word on to that newcomer that put out my Blazing Blade, why don't you?" With that, he kicked at Leon once before flipping back and swiftly reattaching the blades to his arms. "Let us be off, miss!" He started moving for the girl and would fall into step as soon as she fled.

Anonymous

((OOC: I hate to do this, but guys ^__^;; In character actions = In character consequences. Blade and Ikki are breaking a powerful nations most important law, they don't just get to kill at the NPC's and make in escape.))

Blade attempted to attack the man behind him, but another soldier was there, preventing the sword blow from killing the man. These were well trained, experience soldiers and it wasn't an easy task to take them down. Working as a team, they kept the group surrounded.

Leon grabbed the man's leg when he kicked, pulling hard on him, "You don't get to run fucker! I wont let you hurt anyone else! Your taint dies here! You and your filthy witchwhore!"

Rhindeer

Focus on Blade, Beatrid flowed into action, intending to support Leon and take the bastard in a united front, but that was when a voice cried out and Beatrid faltered. Adelaide?

That slight hesitation was all it took. The witch's hand struck her in the back and she stumbled with a grunt, but she was quick to regain her footing. She whirled, blade arcing, to slash at the mage. They'd lost their chance. If they didn't surrender, then she would kill them. Simple as that.

"Adelaide, get away, fool!" she growled, not taking her eyes off the mage.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Blade never got to do his flip. He got grabbed by his leg and he let out a swift swear. "You son-of-a..." Balancing on one leg and surrounded, things were looking fairly bleak. Suddenly, he had a thought. Maybe the shimmer of his blades from the failed magic would be enough to make them wonder if he was strong enough to break the Mordecai's ability. "Rippling Blade." He whispered. While under normal circumstances, his blades would have become as water, acting as whips instead, the Mordecai kept that from happening. However, the ability still caused his blades to start shimmering as his willpower fought the magical shutdown. "Guess what? I can still do some magic!" He chuckled and swung one blade at the two men behind him, attempting to slice them to ribbons, and swung one at Leon.

Then he realised that the girl was in danger. "NO!" With the pure physical strength of the animal that he possessed, he stopped his attack on Leon and the men and wrenched his leg free. He knew he would be hurting for that, since he could feel the damage to his leg that he caused, but he didn't care. He slipped in between the girl and the woman slicing at her. Of course, bravery and heroism took over and he took the slash instead. His armor didn't stand a chance and the blade bit into his shoulder and cut across his chest. He let out a howl and collapsed. "Miss... Run... Please..." he gasped before falling unconsious.

Scythe-Nova

Ikki were once again going to dissapear to dodge the attack but to her supprise Blade had jumped in front of her she shocked looked at Blade and then grabbed him by the waist before he fell down and took a gravity defying jump with Blade on her shoulder and landed on top of a house.

-"...He's unconsious... Bleeding badly..."

This were getting out of hand, The man that had helped her were gravely injured she had to run for it. She looked back down on the street, the guards had already started to try and get up on the house. Ikki clenched her fists and bit her lip untill it bled a bit before she turned again and started to run along the roof tops and jumping over the gaps that were the alleys.

-"Estimated survival rate... Damnit! i need to get him away from here fast"

She said and landed on a roof stopping dead in her tracks and pulled out another vial from her belt which she quickly drank, She then returned to running along the rooftops trying to escape. "i only have one more refill on the Demon Oil... so this has to end before i'm out of time" She thought and jumped over a citizen who were hanging her laundry.