Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

She wanders (closed I guess)

Started by Anonymous, May 01, 2011, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nindë approached the warm waters of the spring. Her silks floating around her, she slipped her feet into the water. Lowering herself she wrapped an arm around her knees, the other gliding on the waters surface.

"Alone like always" she said to herself. Haunting the forests got very lonely at times. No one came to the forest much. When a person entered they would run in fear from her. "I should have found that toad Elwë, and drove him mad."

Rhindeer

Finally, Yarra could breathe again!

The wonderful scents of grass and trees and earth filled Yarra's nostrils and he breathed it all in deeply as he marched along, leading the way through the woods. Out here, away from the city, he could finally unwind. His muscles relaxed, the anxiety flooded from his body, and he could think again. He didn't feel all awkward and out of his element here. This was familiar to him, comfortable.

It was the towns and cities that were the jungles.

The sound of bubbling water caught his ear, and he waved behind him for Ra'rin to follow. "There's water ahead," he said, for he knew that he was thirsty after the journey.

He didn't wait for Ra'rin before he took off at a jog toward the sound's source--

--And came to a screeching halt, claws tearing up dirt, when he found the spring already occupied. Yarra let out a startled hiss, whip-like tail lashing, and took a cautious step backwards. "Who're you?" he growled, immediately going on the defensive, an instinctual reaction.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Ra'rin found the cities a little crowded, but unlike Yarra, she liked it. So many interesting people to meet and interact with. But she knew it was hard on Yarra. But, well, the boy really needed to learn how to deal with people.

Watching him run off, Ra'rin gave a sigh, staring to jog. It was never safe to leave him alone, as the boy had a knack for getting into trouble, "Yarra, wait pl-oh!"

There was a girl at the spring. Frowning, Ra'rin lightly wapped the back of Yarra's head, "That is not how we greet people. Apologize to the girl."

Anonymous

Nindë continued to dip her fingers in the warm waters. For a long time no sound interupted the silence of the forest. It gave her yet more time to think of her past. Becoming angry she slapped the water as if doing so would help.

In the distance she could hear voices, and someone running towards her. She stood slowly and glided to the middle of the spring. A strange looking boy entered the area, skidding to hault when he saw her. The boy made a demand for an answer to who she was, letting out a tiny laugh. "I am Nindë Táralóm of Ravensway. Who might you be?" Holding her head up high and pulling her shoulders back, in the hopes of looking important. Seconds later a girl ran into the boy, and demanded an apology from him. She looked a lot like the boy, but there were differances.

Gliding to the waters edge, she bowed slightly to them. "Welcome to my forest."

Rhindeer

"Ow!" Yarra whirled and gave an annoyed hiss at Ra'rin, reaching up to rub the back of his head. Not that it hurt; it was more a reflexive reaction. And apologize? He didn't want to apologize! He hadn't done anything wrong. He'd only asked her who she was.

His lip curled, baring sharp teeth, but he knew from experience that Ra'rin wouldn't let it go. With a loud sigh and a growled, "Fiiine," he turned back around to face the strange girl and didn't really look at her as he spoke in a begrudging, muttered monotone.

"Uh, sorry. I'm Yarra. That's Ra'rin." He nodded at his friend and then continued to glower at the spring. All he wanted was a drink. He didn't want to chat.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"Thank you." Ra'rin smiled at Yarra, glad that he was at least getting better about not fighting her when she called him on his rude behavior. He was a good kid, but had to get past all that hostility and social awkwardness.

"It's nice to meet you Nindë. Do you mind if we have a drink and rest here a bit?" Ra'rin had no idea if it was this girl's forest or not, but there seemed little point in arguing with her over it.

Anonymous

Nindë smiled as the boy apologized, bowing her head in acceptance. "It my greatest pleasure to meet you both. Of course you can have a rest, stay as long as you want." Stepping cler of the water so the two could get a drink. "Are you from around here, or are you traveling?" It was nice, she could talk to them and they didn't run screaming. Lowering herself to the ground, she sat cross legged.

Rhindeer

It still really confused and boggled Yarra how random people just...asked prying questions like that. Like it was any of their business. They didn't know each other! Why did she want to know? Yarra threw the girl a cautious look, glanced at Ra'rin, then slipped past the elf to the spring.

"Traveling..." he said said as he knelt at the water's edge and dipped his cupped hands into it. "I'm not from here. Why d'ya wanna know?" Raising his hands to his mouth, he sniffed at the water and then drank deeply.

Anonymous

Yarra's paranoia both exasperated and saddened Ra'rin. On a social level, it drove her up the wall that he reacted to every comment with hostility. On a personal level, it broke her heart that he had grown up in an environment that had forced him to be so paranoid.

Her voice low and soothing, Ra'rin did her best to keep Yarra comfortable, "She's just making polite conversation."

Settling down, Ra'rin adjusted her weird legs into a sort of squatting sit, her tail wrapped around her, "I must admit, I've never seen anyone swim in clothes before."

Really, swimming was new in general to Ra'rin and she flat out refused to have anything to do with it. Large bodies of water made her nervous.

Anonymous

"I'm sorry I just dont get that many visitors out here. Most of the time people run screaming from me." Nindë watched as the strange new people drank from the spring. She couldn't help but wonder but they had seen in the past that they would not be affraid of her. "I was really swimming, it was more glidding. I have lived in this forest for 380 years." She scooted closer to waters edge.

((sorry really bad writers block lately))

Rhindeer

[ooc: Don't worry about it! <3]

Yarra arched an eyebrow and looked up at the girl, a little water dribbling from his lips. He lapped at the water with his tongue more than he sipped from it, never having been taught proper etiquette.

"People are scared of ya? Why? There's nothing scary about you, the cowards," he said with a snort and a little flick of his tail. "You're just some girl."

Anonymous

Ra'rin shook her head as Yarra drank. She really was going to have to work on his manners. He was getting water everywhere and...had yet again said something rude.

Sighing, the half-breed frowned at him, "Yarra. That was rude. I'm sorry for my brother's behavior. Though, I must admit, I'm curious as well. You seem quite pleasant, why would people run from you?"

Maybe stopping hadn't been such a good idea. Evil things could wear the guise of a pretty girl.