Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

IMA GO FISH (Castles)

Started by Anonymous, June 02, 2011, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He had been gathering Earthworms for some time now, and was feeling the suns gentle caress upon his rough and creaking body, only protected by a plain brown wool tunic. Yet his spirit would not falter nor bow down and the man soldiered on no matter how much the body complained.

Age would have had him lay down his sword years ago yet here he was, deep within the Draconi forest, intent on fishing himself some snack for the ride to Serendipity.  
Here it was just as the shaman had said, a nice open river for him to rest in the sun while fishing. His right hand already throbbing, bandaged and all. Bitten by a basilisk, but healing superbly. Here he sat down near a nice rock, the bucket of earthworms resting at his side, inspecting the nice wooden pole he had picked up earlier and pulling out a well made fishing line he had bartered to him from the healer that had fixed his arm.

It would not be long before he was seated comfortably and could toss out the first earthworm. It hit the water surface and he began observing.
Fish where smart creatures but with this tasty bait it would only be a matter of time.

CastlesInTheSky

Robert trudged down the path he was on, casting his eyes sulkily from left to right. Oh, those mages were liars. Over exposure to magic couldn't hurt his mind. Those idiots. His brother had said it would make him more in tune to other magical creatures. For ten of his twenty eight years he had been Well...before he ran off, of course, and was spared of the blast of magic that hit him soon after. Ah, no matter! This wasn't a day to dwell on the past, but a day to dwell on what was to come! Foreshadowing, that's what he was good at. Warning people of what was to come before some strange thing happened to them. Haha, that was his job, assigned by some higher being. He Knew it!

He perked up when he saw a man, sitting by the water. He brushed his rather long hair out of his face and strolled over, stopping a few feet away from him. "Sir, does your future concern you?"

Anonymous

Stevens did not really know what to say when asked about his future. So after a glance at the arrival he looked back at the home made fishing pole and tried to concentrate on the fishing so he could actually reply without having the fish take all his bait and swim away. Shifting his weight while trying to figure out a decent answer.

"My future? I.. well worrying about what might happen usually ends up being a giant waste time. My wife once had a seer predict if id return home safely and while the prediction was right. I do have to say I did have to struggle for that to come true."  

"I guess you are from Serendipity? Do you know if they found that King Fenway yet?"

Just then fish took the bait. With experience he yanked the rod upwards and had a small tussle before a sizeable catch hit the shore. "Life is good." was uttered as a small token of thanks before the fish was knocked unconcious by slamming its head a few times at the side of a rock.