Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where do we go now... (Draco)

Started by Lion, June 09, 2011, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Hysaeda saw the look in her eyes and reached out to put a hand on her shoulder.  She was awfully attached to this horse wasn't she?  He frowned visibly and furrowed his brows.  He knew that the only way for him to be safe was for them to let him go.  Of course that meant anything could happen to him, but he trusted in Atras' ability to stay out of trouble.  Hysaeda may not have liked horses very much but Atras had brains where he never thought a horse had. "He's going to be fine," Hysaeda said, optimistically.

Hysaeda took her hand in his and then said something she probably wasn't going to like.  "We should get going soon.  If you want him to be safe, then we'll have to leave him behind.  He might not like it, he might try to follow us, but it's for the best."  His tone was serious but not unsympathetic.  Hysaeda patted her hand before letting go and walking to put his own gear on.  When he was ready, he looked back at her and sighed.  "When all this is over," he said, "I'll find Atras for you and bring him back to you."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"Of course he's going to follow us." Adalia said simply, squeezing Hysaeda's hand a little, it was a small comfort, but she appreciated it all the same.  He let go to collect his things and Adalia wandered over to Atras to rub his nose and whisper quiet words of love. She kissed his nose and she squeezed her eyes shut, this was for his safety. Then she heard Hysaeda and she looked over at him, and if every caring emotion could be displayed in her eyes then, they would be.  "You will?"

Adalia swallowed what felt like a lump in her throat and she walked over to Hysaeda, Atras turning to dawdle along behind her. She didn't have anything to give him, but she could give Hysaeda some sort of thanks, and a kissed seemed like a good idea.  It wasn't a deep kiss, it wasn't terribly romantic, and all Adalia did was place her hands on his shoulders while she pressed her lips to his. "Thank you.  Okay." Adalia took a few steps back, "I think I'm ready."

Lion

Hysaeda's face burned in a bright blush.  It was a blush that came not of embarrassment from the kiss, but from the sudden shame he felt for making her leave her only other friend behind.  He had no doubt that Atras would be safe of his own actions.  But he couldn't account for the actions of others in this wild land.  She was so goddamned attached to that animal that he knew it couldn't be easy for her.  But the fact that she agreed so quickly was a good sign.  Yet that didn't make him feel any better about leaving Atras to the wolves, or worse.  He then began to wonder that, if, when this was all over, he would even make it in time to find the horse.  What if something bad happened sooner rather than later.  It would be hard for Adalia.  She might never forgive him.

He sighed and took that heavy load to bear.  Whatever honor was in him told him he couldn't go back on his oath.  and now that he promised he would find Atras and return him safely to her, he would do so.  The Umbraeon wiped away the taste from his lips and nodded to her.  The horse was about to follow them but he put up a hand and said some words in Sevic.  "Hek-met-kah. G'yo-k'yatz, mhet-mekhanna," he said softly and frowned when he saw the horse's head turn down and away from them with great reluctance.  "I'm sorry, Atras," he murmured but turned back when the horse finally saw that he was not kidding.  Atras watched them as they walked down the hill further and disappeared between the trees.  It was for the best.

Hysaeda helped stepped through and said nothing because there was not much he could say.  the trees here were thicker and bigger, threatening almost and it seemed anything could hide between their trunks.  But the terrain was not easy to traverse and it would talk time still to reach the camp where he was born and raised.  "We should get there within three days," he said, trying to come up with some range of time with which she could expect arrival.  "And when we get there remember what I said about looking at the other Umbraeons.  I'll have to tie you up on the last day, until then, stick close and try not to make yourself conspicuous by blowing up people's heads with airballs."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Adalia smirked when Hysaeda wiped his mouth, a small roll of her eyes before she  looked Atras and watched sadly. He'd be safe. They'd find him. Of course she wouldn't leave the job of searching for Atras alone to Hysaeda. If there was one thing this little trip had taught her it was that she was far from weak. Before she'd been in the military because her father had expected it of her if she wasn't going to marry.  Because she was a talented mage. Now she knew she was much more tough than she thought she was.

Of course she had the good graces to blush and look away when Hysaeda mentioned blowing up peoples heads. It was once! Adalia made a face and pursed her lips before she looked away and then moved closer to Hysaeda, slipping her hand into his. She was sad. She felt like she was getting torn apart. Atras was her friend. She loved him.  Adalia swallowed and then looked up at Hysaeda, "I want a hug but I figured you weren't into that. So... I hope you don't mind my holding your hand." A moments pause, "I won't blow up anyones heads and I'll listen to you when we get closer."

Lion

Hysaeda jumped at the contact and stared at their interwoven hands for a good long minute before he looked up at her.  He said nothing, not find anything to say.  Hysaeda just closed his fingers around hers and squeezed her hand tightly before he pulled her close and threw his arm around her in a hug.  He held her snugly and removed his hand from hers before wrapping that one around her waist.  "I'm your friend too, Adalia.  You can hug me if you want to.  It's not like I'm going to kill you or something.  I think I'm over most of the bad feelings I've had for you in the beginning.  We've been through a lot and that makes us kindred spirits."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Adalia reached up, her arms curling up around Hysaedas torso, from under his arms to press against his back. She pressed close, her body flush against his and pressed her face to his neck, taking in his scent. It was familiar now, and while she had never counted on wanting to be so close to him, Adalia was glad he had given his consent because she really needed that hug. "I don't want to do wrong by you, Hysaeda. I've done so badly."

She moved back slightly, untucking her face from his neck and resting her head against his chest. "I... When you went off with that woman, I was jealous.  I don't want to be jealous of you, Hysaeda. I don't want to have feelings for you." She took a deep breath, took his hands and took a step back, "So. I'm going to do my best to be a... Good little war slave of whatever that is, okay? I have to pay you back for the terrible things I did to you. I mean... I kicked you in the jaw. Five minutes after we met. That's a mean thing to do, right?"

Lion

Hysaeda never thought he'd be this close to anyone, let alone an outlander.  He didn't distrust them so much like his cousin did.  There some things they did and said that made no sense to him, that would always separate him from Them.  But he knew that there were few others that broke the mold, that once he got to know them, could prove to be some of the better companions that he might have ever assumed.  Hysaeda didn't question the moment, didn't want it to turn into something awkward.  Adalia was more than his friend at this moment and he  just listened to what she had to say.

He'd never thought they'd get that far, never thought they'd need one another.  He said nothing still, as she spoke of jealousy, and the way that made her feel.  He never considered another could possibly be jealous of him; he, the outcast, scorned by those he had considered a part of his home.  Hysaeda found himself grinning for a short moment and he didn't know what he was doing before he did it, because if he thought about it, he wouldn't have done it at all.  His lips met hers and he parted his and worked to part hers, kissing her sweetly and wrapping his fingers at the base of her skull and drawing her head closer to his.  He held her there for a moment, his eyes closed before he pulled away. "Forgiven, forgotten," was all he found breath enough to say.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

His hand at her neck made her body tingle and she wrapped her arms around his neck, falling into the kiss full heartedly. There was nothing that made him do it and she opened her eyes to look up at him when he pulled away to speak. And while that was dandy she pulled his head down for another kiss, pressing her body against his, grinding her front against his.  "I want you."

It wasn't anything flowery, and her voice was soft and breathy. "You can say no. I just... wanted to say it. So you could hear."

Lion

Feelings he'd never bothered to explore before suddenly flourished and he didn't know what to think anymore.  And maybe it was just that, that was getting in the way of everything—anything—worth doing.  And he realized that he wanted her too, maybe he had for the longest time and only just realized it.  But his head pressed into that kiss, tilting his head to smash his nose against her cheek and he found his heart was racing in a good way, giving him chills all over.

The way her breath splayed against his mouth, he didn't know what to say even to that!  Was this even the right time for it?  For as long as he'd known her, he never thought he'd actually hear those words.  Hysaeda wrapped his other arm around her waist and he lifted her up off the ground.  "Why would I say no?" he said before kissing her again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

That was all Adalia needed to hear before her legs wrapped around his middle and she tugged his head down for one last heated kiss before everything went dark.

It was a while later, with her sweat cooling on her skin that made her shiver occasionally and with her head pillowed on Hysaedas chest, her fingers trailing along the designs on his chest. She'd never noticed them before, but that was probably because she made him wear a shirt and he was usually on top. Adalia cleared her throat and she felt her face grow red. She'd jumped him. She'd jumped him good. And it was rude of her, even if he had wanted it too. "I... I'm sorry for jumping you like that... I... Don't regret it though, so there."

Lion

He was an Umbraeon, built to endure, and he blushed just thinking about it, but he was worn out, worn out more than he'd ever thought he'd be.  His heart still raced and he lay there holding her in his arms.  He only laughed at her attempt at an apology.  "You're sorry for everything aren't you," he murmured.  He took his time, letting his heartbeat come to a more soothing rhythm before leaning up and placing his lips against her forehead.   "I don't regret either."

It seemed so awkward but it was the best decision for the moment.  "But we can't stay here.  We should leave now while there's still time.  The longer we take the less time we have to explain things.  C'mon."  They got dressed and were on their way before sundown...  And when night time climbed high in the starry-eyed sky, Hysaeda had found Xelikuda camp.

He waited in the bushes, away from the outskirting sentries that watched the border.  "Alright, before we go in there," Hysaeda whispered to her, crouching in the brush.  "I'm going to need to tie you up.  Hold your wrists out.  There.  And remember everything I told you.  No matter what anybody says, just stay quiet for as long as you can.  Are you ready?"  Hysaeda had wrapped the rope around her wrists to drag her along as a proper play slave, and he looked confident.  But on the inside his heart was beating like a rabbit being chased.  He could only hope this would work.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn