Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The Compendium of Chimaeras

Started by Anonymous, June 11, 2011, 09:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have decided to keep a journal, in order to describe my accomplishments. Naturally, this tome will help those struggling in the dark arts achieve their own accomplishments with my assistance.

My first experiment to be recorded is that of a chimaera. As of now, I only have the thigh bones of a wild cat, from which I hope to obtain the tenacity of the cat for this chimaera. I have compiled a list of bones that I need to make this chimaera...

The skull of a dragon: To grant it the intelligence and magical powers of the dragon.
The calcified spine of a shark: To grant it unparalleled speed in water.
The neck and ribs of a hydra: To grant it the ability to regenerate itself beyond normal capacity.
The arms and claws of a drake: To grant it the strength of the budding dragon and the impossible resilliency of the claws.
The hips and wings of a gryphon: To grant it the agility of the deadliest predator of the skies.
The lower legs and feet a raptor: To grant it the speed and deadly talons of the famed hunter.
The tail of a manticore: To grant it the regenerative spines and poison darts of the man-eater.

Once I have obtained these bones, most of which will be very hard to come by indeed, I can craft the first construct of this scale. I can only hope that the intelligence of the dragon doesn't grant it the free will required for it to rebel against me...

Anonymous

The most strange thing happened. Someone claiming to be a goddess, and she did in fact fit the part in terms of opulence, helped me retrieve all but one of my reagents. Perfect. I now only must go shark-fishing for the last one. Once I have obtained it and actually cast the spell, will I write down exactly what must be done.