Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A new Beginning [M]

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2011, 08:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ba'ast smirked. "Good. That would be nice. Get to know your daughter." She said. Watching as Ghanon turned to Devi and she chuckled as he dove after Devi to give her a kiss. Calling himself 'daddy'. Well, that meant he was accepting her. Good.. Now Ba'ast didn't have to punch him again.

For today at least.

Anonymous

Why was she making a face? Because momma and daddy were gonna have cooties now, that's why! She stuck her tongue out at him in reply, but didn't expect daddy to jump on her, lunging for a kiss. She yelled in surprised, laughing, trying to push daddy away. "No, nooo, I don't want a kiss!" she laughed, squirming away. "You'll give me cooties, daddy!" The distraction made her drop all the cats that she had just named, which all scattered away from her as quickly as Bobbins had before them.

Lion

Ghanon wrapped Devi in his embrace and smothered her with kisses even as she laughed and did her best to squirm out of his arms.  He held her like a vice but a non-crushing one and spun her around before finishing with a final kiss on her right cheek before setting her down.  "There!  Now daddy gave you all the cooties in the world.  You'll have to bathe for a week just to get them off, now!"  He laughed triumphantly and brushed back her hair again.

"There," he looked to Ba'ast.  "Settling into the role already.  Now, c'mon, Momma, what's for dinner?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

She watched Ghanon with wide eyes. It was weird seeing him act like that. And, in fact, the father was never there for her son so many years ago, so it was weird having a father-figure in Devi's life. Though she was quite enjoying watching Ghanon act like that.

Though, his comment made her want to kick him. "Devi has already had her dinner." She said. "It's almost time for her to go to bed. Then I'll make you something."

Lion

On his part, he wasn't so used to making a fool of himself in front of a child, but it seemed semi-natural.  Perhaps it was something of a paternal instinct that emerged from the remnants of his mortal days, days that were long, long forgotten.

Ghanon feigned a flinch at her response and gave his daughter a wide-eyed gaze, mouthing the words, "Momma's mad."  He looked back at Ba'ast, then chuckled.  "Okay little one, you heard the general, time for bed.  Grab all the cats you can and take them with you."  He gave her one last kiss on the head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Aww, man, gross! Devi wiped away all of her daddy's kisses, furrowing her brow. She was infected! Gah! She stomped her foot, shaking her head. "Daddy! How could you?" she asked, legitimately worried. Would she really have to bathe for a whole week to get them off?! She frowned, but he ruffled her hair, and Devi decided that she liked her daddy, even if he had given her so many cooties...

When daddy brought up dinner, Devi grinned – maybe momma would forget she already ate? Sadly, that wasn't the case, though – and she looked ready to send her off to bed. She giggled as daddy kissed her on the head once more, deciding to take his advice, and grabbed up some more cats in her arms, flying off to her room.

"'Night momma! 'Night daddy!" she called to them. She bit her lip, and shook her head. "I would kiss you goodnight, but... daddy gave me cooties..." She flew off, back to her room, tucking herself in and snuggling the cats in her arms, content.

Anonymous

She sighed at being called a general but watched as Devi gathered up some cats and flew off. "Night Devi. And I understand. I'll get a cootie shot tomorrow so you can make it up to me." She said. Once Devi was secured in her room, Ba'ast turned to Ghanon and eyed him.

"You seem to like this role."

Lion

A chuckle left him, and a grin remained all the while Devi walked off with all those cats under her arms, the poor buggers murmuring, purring, and meowing in their suffering.  The door closed with an excited slam and soon he found himself being eyed by Ba'ast.  He shrugged and laughed at the comment.

"Me? It's fun and something new.  And Devi...well, she's interesting enough to observe.  I don't imagine those cats are having much of a blast though.  So...how come you didn't tell me you were with child when I was away?  I would have come right back."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She nodded. "Devi is proving to be a lot like me.. She's quick. Observant." Ba'ast stated.. Though she looked away at his next question. "Well, I wanted to. And I tried. But you never answered me. So I just didn't blurt out I was pregnant. Plus.. I was certain you wouldn't believe me."

Ba'ast looked back to Ghanon. "Like I'm sure you still have your doubts."

Lion

"That she is," Ghanon agreed with her while he cast a glance back to the door where Devi had disappeared into.  He furrowed his brows in wonder while she explained trying to contact him.  Ah, the ring!  He remembered.  But mirrors worked both ways when it came to communicating with him.  Though he didn't regret tossing it, it was only now that he figured that it might have been worth keeping.  In the very least, he was here now and heard the news.

"You sound like you know me like a book," he said walking towards her and leaning against the counter.  "You know, I never asked that you be faithful to me.  You were free to have as many lovers as you pleased while I was away.  With that in mind, tell me Ba'ast, who is the real father?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She looked up at him and rose a brow. "Aa.. But just because we weren't being 100% faithful, doesn't mean I was sleeping around. I got pregnant from that night we met at the mansion. And, I don't have sex when pregnant--even if I can."

She walked over to him and ran a hand up his chest. "You're the father, Ghanon. I can assure you of that." She said. "Plus.. why would I want to have a kid with anyone else..? I'm very picky, and though I got pregnant from our first time, I'm rarely ever let a man finish in me. You're the only one that has around the time I got pregnant. So stop asking me. You're Devi's dad."

Lion

"Anything is possible, darling," he smiled.  He took her hand off his chest.  "But with the way you are, I still find it difficult to believe that I truly am.  I won't get mad at you, Ba'ast, if you really did sleep around.  You ought to just tell me the truth.  C'mon let it out, just come clean.  Who is the father?"

[Wow, he's so dense!]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She watched as he pulled her hand off his chest, then she let out an agitated sigh, balling up her fist again, and she punched his face.Her fist landing on his cheek. And, sure, it wouldn't do any real damage to him, it made her feel better.

"Ghanon. You. Are. The. Father." She growled out. "Devi is almost one. Add in a demon's gestation period and that puts us right back to that night at the mansion. I'm not stupid enough to sleep around when pregnant or even bother to let some stupid human get me pregnant."

Lion

He had to admit, that punch was pretty good and his head turned from the force, nearly his whole body moved as well.  But he merely grinned at her as he rubbed his cheek.  "I warned you not to do that again.  But it did catch me by surprise.  However, that won't happen again," he said and let his hand come out and strike her across the face with his own fist.  He wasn't a woman beater, but he sure as hell wasn't going to let her punch him around.  "C'mon, darling, I love it when you're angry!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She took his punch with fire, but barely moved. She only glared at him and grit her teeth. "You're asking me who the father is just to piss me off?" She asked through gritted teeth. Reaching up to rub her cheek a moment, then she reached up and just slapped him. "You better not deny her just for your own desire to piss me off!"

Lion

"Demons are known liars, Ba'ast.  I can never be sure that what you're telling me is the truth.  I'm asking because I want the truth and you'll give me the truth one way or another."  That last part was right, though he continued to deny it.  He just had to be sure and despite all her adamant strikes, he still wasn't convinced.  Ghanon pushed her back lightly and proceeded to slap her back.  "Seeing you angry about it...well, that's just a bonus."  He grinned.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"And how am I supposed to get you to believe me?" She asked, nearly growling when she was slapped. "Ugh. You need to accept her. Being known as a liar or not. She's your child." She barked out and glared at him. Her cheeks flushed from being so angry.

Lion

"Shhhhhh!" Ghanon rushed to her and covered her mouth over with his hand.  "You don't want to wake Devi do you?  What the hell is wrong with you, goddammit?  What's bothering you more, the fact that I don't know for sure if she's mine or that I'm pushing all the right buttons?  Did the father of your other child accept them?  Is that the core of the problem?"  He took his hand away from her wondering if she would be quiet then.  Probably not.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

She nearly bit his hand when it came over her mouth and she glared at him as he spoke. The second he mentioned her son, she turned and stormed off her room and slammed the door. She did care the Devi might wake up, but she was so angry that she just couldn't control her outbursts.

Lion

Ghanon frowned when she turned her back on him and moreso when she walked away, refusing to answer his question.  How irritating and immature!  For someone who seemed ancient, she sure as hell was acting like a child!  Ghanon grimaced and followed her to her room and opened it, closing it quietly behind him.  "Don't walk away when I'm talking to you," he said sternly.  "You're acting like a child, Ba'ast!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn