Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where Eagles Dare

Started by Lion, July 27, 2011, 10:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

What the hell?!  Their hostage's eyes went wide with confusion as the one she thought might offer some protection in her plight suddenly turned against her.  Suddenly a fear stabbed into her heart and she stared at Seranth with a quaking form.  It was a strange mix of fear and fury that swirled in her gut and she didn't know whether to curse at the both of them or kick Seranth in the balls.

But for now, she was far too shaken to think straight, and she didn't know what she was saying until she actually said it.  "There's a trapdoor...behind me!  Look I'll show you!"  Sasha's hand palmed the wall behind her, the stone there suddenly receding when she found the panel that pushed the door back.  Suddenly the stone behind her collapsed as it opened into a door.

Now things were looking slightly upward.  Only slightly.  Dram pushed for both of them to go through it as the sounds of those goddamned thugs behind them only became louder as they scrambled closer.  Dram, without thinking, snatched another explosive from Seranth's belt and threw the bomb at the oncoming figures that dashed through the darkness.  "Run!  Three seconds remember!"  Dram ordered, before leaving a trail of dust himself.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Scythe-Nova

As the trapdoor opened Seranth eyes softened and his expression became more friendly and he was about to say something when Dram pushed him forward against Sasha so he hugged her to not fall down. He then looked back at Dram and again were about to say something when Dram grabbed one of his explosives and threw it back into the tunnel they came from.

-"Oh Shit!"

He said and grabbed hold of Sasha and threw her over his shoulder and carried her as he ran for dear life after Dram with a slightly annoyed expression. He ran up behind Dram and looked at him with a slightly more amused look.

-"Seems as it's getting more fun now doesn't it?"

He said with a smile and laughed a bit before he pulled up another explosive lit it and threw it backwards into the tunnel while running. He then looked back a bit and looked at Sasha with a charming smile.

-"Are you comfortable there?"

Lion

The led them downward, but it was linear and easy to follow.  Dram was sure that no matter where this Sasha led them, surely it was going to be a trap.  She had no reason to trust them, and neither did they of her, except maybe Seranth who seemed too busy focused on Sasha than escaping.  Dram hated to have to bring her along but he knew that escaping would be twice as hard had they simply killed her.

Dram visibly jumped when Seranth threw the other grenade behind them.  He heard the screams of men and women in pain that got caught in the blast, and the dust from the stone that clouded their presence.  But what people weren't killed were steadily growing hotter and hotter on their tail.  He ran faster, yet he knew he could run for miles.  He was built for it.  Sasha, unfortunately, was not.

"Comfortable?" Sasha wailed in rage.  "ARE YOU INSANE!?  JUST LET ME GO!"

He looked back and saw that Seranth was carrying and didn't have enough breath in his lungs to laugh at the situation.  Soon they came up on a turn, and he scrambled around it, seeing a series of ironclad doors and heading down that way.  The doors were closed via an iron wheel that locked and opened it.  He tried the first and quickly moved on when it didn't budge.  Dram growled and moved on to the next one.  He turned the wheel on the next one, which quickly loosened and opened to a dark room.  "In here quick!" he said before ushering them through.  When they were, he slammed the door behind him and before he knew it, he heard the sound of footsteps rushing by them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Scythe-Nova

Seranth smiled amused at Sasha when she screamed and wished that he had enough breath to laugh at the situation. and when he saw Dram stopping to open a door he smiled a bit and ran into the room that Dram opened. He put down Sasha quickly before getting behind her and placing his hand over her mouth to make sure she did not reveal their position.

-"...Close call eh?"

He whispered to dram and smiled happily as he looked around in the room still clinging tightly to Sasha just to be sure. As he heard the footsteps dissapearing along the tunnel he slipped his hand off from sasha's mouth and stepping away from her a bit still smiling.

-"Now that wasn't too bad now was it?"

He said and laughed a bit but not too loud, He then looked around the place to figure out where they were.

Lion

The room was far too dark, almost unnaturally so and Dram didn't like this whole set up one bit.  Obviously it was only a matter of time before they'd be caught and for not only did he not know any sort of escape route out of here, the only person who did was an insolent wench that was unwilling to talk!  And Seranth's constant flirting wasn't doing anything to help the situation either.  Though those explosives he brought certainly did much to level the playing field.

Dram took a breath and leaned against the door.  There was no light and his eyes adapted to the shadows easily, but the sensation of the room unnerved him for the shadows were thick and he knew that their safety was only momentary.  "Close call?  Fuck, any closer and we'd have been raped," he snapped and furrowed his brows at Seranth.  "We should have left her behind...we can make it out on our own."

Sasha shot dirty eyes at Dram and then back to Seranth.  "If it weren't for me, you'd both be strung up by your innards.  Show some respect."

Dram was livid and snatched their hostage by the collar.  "Look here bitch, watch your tongue!  If it weren't for Seranth I'd have your head lining my trophy shelf!  Don't think I would even bat an eye either.  He's the only reason you're alive so count your fucking blessings.  Now where are we?"

Sasha rolled her eyes defiantly and pulled herself away from Seranth.  "I like you better than your ugly associate over there, but you're a little too handsy right now," she said.  "Follow me."

Dram stood up immediately and unsheathed his sword.  He watched her feel her way around the dark room, until her hands hit something that resembled a lamp.  She struck a match and lit the lamp until it illuminated the entire room.  It was a store room from the looks of it with crates stacked everywhere and the room carved out what looked to be a cave tunnel system.  The Crescents were thieves obviously, but from what Dram saw, they did more than just steal.  Exports and shipping trades, possibly?  Most of it didn't look legit, but it wasn't Dram's business to care about their financial workings as long as they stayed out of the Thunderblacks.

She led them between some crates to the left and headed down some steps before she came to a turn in the tunnel.  Dram stayed close to Seranth before whispering in his ear.  "Something funny is going on here.  She helped us too easily... Watch yourself around her.  She may be leading us into a trap for all we know."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah Correction Dram I Would have been raped... probably by her also"

He said and pointed at Sasha with a fiendish grin before he walked around in the room opening the crates in the room checking what was in them even though it was dark he could see what was in the boxes, He then smiled playfully and looked at Sasha with a wicked smile.

-"Anyway enough of the jokes for now, I'm growing tired of these games now..."

He said as his smile slowly dissapeared and became an unamused expression as he walked behind Sasha when she led them through the tunnels, HIs eyes was focused on Sasha and they could most likely kill a normal person with the pure intensity of his gaze.

-"..."

He simply nodded as Dram whispered to him and kept his gaze against Sasha.

Lion

"I don't think she likes you that much, Seranth," Dram remarked and rolled his eyes.  He kept his eyes on Sasha too.  He didn't like the woman, and not just because she was from a rival bandit faction.  Then again, there weren't many people Dram did like, regardless of where they were from or who they were.

Yet, he would come to realize that perhaps his eyes should have been looking behind them as well for it wasn't long before he felt something hit him on the back of the head...hard!  Dram yelped and felt his eyes roll into the back of his head before he fell to his knees, unconscious.

With that Sasha whirled around, pulling out a small dirk from her sleeve and stepped in close to Seranth's throat, pointing the thing at him.  "You didn't really think I'd help the two of you escape from here, did you!?  Don't bother trying to get away, you're surrounded.  Just take a look around."  And all around them, lanterns came alight and lighting the forms of at least fifty enemy bandits.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Scythe-Nova

When Seranth heard the distinct sound of something hitting Dram in the head he let out a great big sigh and as Sasha whirled around he whipped with his hand and as Sasha held a Knife at his throat so did he against her though his other hand had done something that most would never do, As the dirk Neared his throat he put the palm of his hand in the way before pressing in onto the blade of the dirk. His hand was now impaled on the dirk but with his impaled hand he grabbed hold of the hand Sasha held her dirk in twisting it to the side.

-"Fear.. is power, and you hold no fear over me"

He said looking straight into her eyes with the same fearless and fearinducing eyes that he had before, his grip over Sasha's dirk hand tightened as he exhaled sharply shooting out a needle from his mouth hitting Sasha in the neck, The needle of course was covered in a parlytic venom that would soon rob Sasha freedom of movement and give her painful cramps, in this same motion Seranth pushed Sasha foward and drew his hand off her dirk before crouching down and picking up Dram.

-"It would not have mattered even if you brought a hundred men little girl!"

He Shouted at her before throwing three smoke Bombs into the ground that exploded into a large ball of smoke covering the whole room, Seranth made His way behind some crates further back in the room. while carrying Dram and also making sure that the blood from his hand dripped onto Dram instead of the floor. He put Dram down behind a crate before pulling out an small bottle of smelling salt and putting it under Dram's nose to wake him up.

Lion

Sasha did not even have a chance to yelp or scream before she was shoved back.  The unnatural way Seranth plunged the blade into his own hand only to twist her hand in a position that made her cringe.  Sasha hit the ground with a thud and every muscle in her body contracted painfully and yet her voice could not come to her!

Dram did not know what was happening and the gash in the back of his head where he was clobbered dripped with blood.  His head rattled with unknown sounds, and heightened breath and there was the faint notion that he was moving around but he had no control over his body.  He flopped around like a ragdoll to whatever was pulling or holding him.  Then something started to tickle his nose and he sneezed violently back to consciousness.  His vision came back along with the awful realization that his head hurt like hell.

"Son of a bitch!  What happened?  Fuck it, tell me, later.  Let's get out of here!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Scythe-Nova

-Yeah that would be the problem now... there's like fifty scums around here and we don't really know where the exit is.

Seranth Crouched down and peered out from behind the box looking around and assesing the situation in the room now that the smoke was beginning to clear. He Spotted many Bandits in the room, He started to plan an escape route based on what he knew about this place. As he was doing this he was wrapping his injured hand with a bandage that he had in one of his pouches.

-"Any Ideas Dram?"

He said as he tied the bandage up tightly and looked back at his general.

Lion

Dram shook his head.  He didn't have any ideas now.  But it seemed everything they planned had gone wrong.  And the reason Dram had come along in the first place was because things were bound to go wrong, it was his gut instinct.  The odds certainly didn't look good against them, and as Dram slowly recovered from the blow to his head, he thought of something.  It was just crazy enough to work.  But what mattered was Seranth's safety and his job was to protect the King Hawk.

"Yes...you won't like it, but I'll take them on...all of them, while you get away.  Before I got knocked out I saw an passage down the left corridor.  I don't know where it leads, but it's away from here and that's enough for now.  You need to get out of here, without me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Scythe-Nova

Seranth glared at Dram when he made his suggestion and shook his head looking at Dram seriously before he reached down and ripped off the pouch that he had all the bombs in and held it at Dram.

-"Not a chance i'm leaving you here Dram figure out a way to use all of these t oget us out of here"

He said before pulling out two more smoke pellets showing them to dram. With his other hand he pulled out a small curved blade that he often used when he had to get into melee combat with someone.

-"These are the last two i have so we gotta make them count"

Lion

"Don't be stupid, Seranth," Dram seethed at him.  "You might be my superior but you're gonna listen to me or you'll just have to kill me yourself!"  Dram grabbed the King Hawk by his collar and jerked him away toward the corridor he'd indicated and launched a fist right at his face.  He shoved him away.  "Run!  You moron!"  

With that he snatched the smoke pellets from him and threw an opened on toward the guards.  When smoke began to cloud everything, he jumped back into the fray and unsheathed Quial, starting to shed blood, unleashing screams of pain amidst their cries of confusion.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Scythe-Nova

Not prepared for Dram's response he took the fist square to the face stumbling back into the corridor he had specified. He looked at Dram's back for just some seconds before wiping the blood from the corner of his mouth before turning and running down the corridor as fast as he could.

-"You better not die on me!!"

He shouted back at Dram when he ran through the corridor finally arriving at a steel door which Seranth began opening before throwing it open immediately being struck by the light of day making him take a step back before adjusting his vision to the light.

((You can decide what kind of place he encounters :3))

Lion

[Don't be afraid to actually storytell, Scythe.  I'll roll with whatever you give me.]

The door opened up to the cliffside, the ledge just out of the door.  Should he peer below, he would see where the cliff bent down toward the a valley and a forest beneath.  Knee deep in Crescent territory.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn