Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Changing Stripes (Nova)

Started by Anonymous, September 04, 2011, 08:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Elluina was never the type to sit at home for too long, feeling like the world was passing her by while she idled away. While she wouldn't step on any toes if she could help it, she did on occasion visit people out of the blue. People liked that sort of intrusion, unless they were hermits or always busy. Agatha Mirran, from what Ella heard, was a busy woman, but not overly so to cast away customers or random curious individuals.

Ella didn't think the woman would mind a sudden visit from her, her light steps taking her down the street. As always, she did her best to smile, seem regal and wave back with a short hello to everyone who seemed to recognize her. She was, after all, in her everyday simple and long, light blue dress, as recognizable as ever.

The house she walked up to seemed tasteful to her, in its own way. Putting on a pleasant smile on her face, Elluina knocked on the door of the establishment, feeling this might be quite an unorthodox day. Curiosity gnawed at her relentlessly, but the woman had enough manners not to yell out for the golem artisan as she waited.

Scythe-Nova

The House was large and somewhat elegant in the design with many stone and marble statues around the walls, After some time the door creaked open and a tall woman in an elegant dress that looked like it was made of frosted glass looked down on Elluina. her eyes were like two large black opals and her skin were like polished Marble, Her body was shaped much like a normal human female exept the had no real facial features except the bridge of the nose and her eyes. The golems hair looked like thin strings of silk but behaved just as normal hair did. she stood still for a moment before she opened the door fully and looked at Elluina.

-"Can i help you Miss?"

The Golem said with an somewhat hollow voice as she stood in front of Elluina, The Golem behaved much like a typical Maid and waited patiently for a response from Elluina. Behind The Golem was the grand hall, a large room that had two stairs going up to the second floors with door leading to other areas in the house, down on the first floor were three large doors that also lead to the other areas. The room had no paintings but instead many statues in diffrent shapes and materials that decorated the room. There were also some Sofas in the middle of the room with a large wooden table in between the sofas, The room was lit up by two large chandeliers that hung from the ceiling.

Anonymous

The place looked absolutely magnificent, making the noblewoman wonder of the origins of all the lovely statues. After a bit, the doors creaked open, and for a moment Ella thought madam Mirran was making a joke by putting another statue right behind the entrance. Not that what opened the door wasn't too far from a statue, that is.

Ella had to resist peeking behind the golem to marvel at the interior of the place. Instead, she smiled at the construct, giving it a small bow out of habit. "Greetings." She spoke softly. "I'm Elluina Tarchelle. Is madam Mirran at home?" The woman questioned.

"I wish to speak to her, if at all possible." Ella nodded to the servant.

Scythe-Nova

The Golem bowed as well when Elluina bowed, it did not wish to be rude and not show proper etiquette as the head Housemaid it was. When Elluina inquired about Mirran the golem looked a bit more focused on Elluina before taking some steps bacwards and shifting to the side slightly to let Elluina into the house. The steps of the golem did not sound very heavy at all suggesting that it were not as heavy as it looked.

-"If you are willing to wait here for a bit and i will go and get the misstress"

She said with a respectful tone and waited for Elluina to get in before closing the door behind her and nodding towards the sofas and the table in the middle of the room.

-"It may take some time for the misstress to come here, would you like anything while you wait?"

The golem said as she walked to the table while looking at Elluina with an respectful gaze.

Anonymous

The woman nodded respectfully, watching as the golem shuffled to the side, inviting her in. "Quite gladly, thank you." She said, holding her dress up a bit as she stepped through the doorway. Few more steps and Ella was able to hear the doors shutting behind her. She turned back to face the golem, a pleasant smile on her face.

"I see. No, thank you. I'm fine waiting this way. Just let your mistress know I'm here." She said softly.

Once the golem was gone, Ella sat down on one of the sofas, tucking her feet beneath the furniture. She waited patiently, eyes wandering about the room idly, noting random little tidbits. She especially noted the lack of any paintings in the room. The owner was quite fond of various masonry materials instead, as it seemed.

Scythe-Nova

-"Very well"

The Golem said and simply bowed sligthly before it took it's leave as it walked away to find it's master. Only minutes later the large double doors swung open and a woman walked into the room. The woman had short Brown blonde hair and a slightly masculine face she had a pair of small glasses resting on the bridge of her nose, She were clothed in thick leather overalls and she wore large gloves which were covered in intricate designs and arcane runes of unknown origin. A large leather belt held up her pants and many tools hanged from the belt together with some pouches with unknown contents. The woman looked at Elluina and smiled widely and walked up to her.

-"Hey there friend Agatha Mirran Golem artisan and designer, What can i help you with?"

she said with a Cheerfull expression and tone and reached out her hand to Elluina wanting to shake her hand. There were some dirt and grime on her clothes and som on her cheek but she did not seem to mind at all. The golem that had Welcomed Elluina stepped into the room also, closing the doors behind Agatha as she walked.

Anonymous

Ella perked up at the sound of doors swinging open. Half-turning, she regarded the artisan with fondness people normally reserve for close friends. "Ah. My apologies for interrupting you in your work." The slave trader said as she stood up. Taking the woman's hand in greeting, she shook it as she spoke on. "Elluina Tarchelle. Pleasure to meet you." The woman gave her a nod, waiting to see if the crafter was about to sit down. Naturally, Ella would mimic her choice, as it was only courteous to do so.

"I seem to have a shortage of household servants these days." Ella went to the point of her visit. "And none of the ones I currently have are..." The woman paused, searching for a word. "...appeasing to the eye, as it were." She smiled.

"I know I'm asking for much on such a short notice, but you wouldn't happen to have the means to help me out here, would you?"

Scythe-Nova

Agatha Shook Ella's hand with a smile before sitting down on the table instead of the sofa, She looked at Ella for a second before listening to what she said.

-"No worries friend i'm not as busy as people think"

She said with a smile and looked at her golem servant with a slight grin. The golem immediatly pcked up her masters gaze and looked at Agatha wating for her order.

-"Would you please get us some tea?"

She said to the golem who bowed respectfully before exitiong the room. Agatha then returned her gaze to Ella and listened to her request and nodded a couple of times as she listnened.

-"Hmmmmm Actually i might have something you would like"

She said and placed a hand at her chin looking somewhat in thought, She then nodded to herself and looked at Ella again with an gaze that showed that her interests was piqued.

-"Are there any specifics or preferences?"

Anonymous

Ella watched the exchange between the artisan and her creation with passive interest, taking the details in of the golem's reaction to her master.

"Really?" The noblewoman said, quite pleasantly surprised that the designer hand something for her right off the bat. She watched as Agatha sank into thinking for a bit, and though Ella's eyes weren't supremely excited, the woman was leaning forth in her seat. Her hands didn't fidget, instead sitting quite relaxed in her lap as she talked to the artisan.

Ella shook her head at the woman's question. "Nothing too specific. I just need something to light up the place a bit, while still being useful around the household." She said with a nod. "The rest I suppose is up to your creativity, my friend." The noble said with a fond smile.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmmmmm Well in that case i can show you one i think would suit you"

She said and looked at Ella before standing up and moving behind the table and sitting down on the opposite side of Ella and at the same time the Golem Maid valked into the room again carrying a tray with an elegant tea set which she placed on the table between Ella and Agatha, It poured up two cups of tea and placed one cup in fron of Ella on the table and the other in front of Agatha.

-"Thank you Opal"

Agatha said nodding towards the golem who had the name Opal, Opal bowed respectfully before going back into the halls. Agatha picked up her cup and took a small sip of the tea and looked at Ella.

-"If you wish we could go and check the specimen in question"

Anonymous

"Marvelous." Ella smiled at the artisan, a sigh of tiny relief escaping her. Her eyes shifted to Opal for a while, following the golem as it went about serving tea. "Thank you, dear." She nodded in gratitude to the servant as it placed the drink in front of her.

The noblewoman took her cup with a lack of any urgency, blew on it for a second, and took a tiny sip from it. Taking the little tea-plate, the woman settled the cup upon it in her lap, upon her palm.

"That would be absolutely lovely." Ella said, waiting for the artisan to move, her free hand tucking away a wild lock of black hair behind an ear.

Scythe-Nova

-"Ah well why not go right now and check?"

She said after some seconds of silence and tea drinking and stood up from the sofa and put down her tea cup. Before walking up to one of the doors and looking back at Ella waiting for her to catch up. She then starts to walk through the halls of the house until the came up to a large double door that really looked out of place int this house. The door was made of stone and had intricate designs and ancient runes covering it and on each door there were a gargoyle like statue sticking out from the door holding a chain that held the door closed.

-"Ah always a pain to open this one"

Agatha said and walked up to the door and put one of her fingers on the door and made a wide circular motion with her finger before writing in the air with her finger. Some moments later the gargoyles came to life and let go of the heavy chain they heldand then grabbing hold of the door frame and pushing the door open.

-"There we go, now lets see..."

She said and walked into the room casually, The room was dimly lit and not very decorated several tools were neatly lined up on a table along the wall and several incomplete golems were standing here and there in the middle of the room all of which looked like they were a work in progress. Agatha walked up to the table and picked up an oil lamp and lit it magically before walking over to a series of inactive golems that stood in the corner of the room and reached in between some of the golems and lifted out a golem by the neck, The golem looked like it were made of a flesh like material and it seemed as if the skin around the neck could stretch a bit thus enabling one to lift it easily.

-"What do you think about this one?"

She said and placed the golem on a table that was in the room holding the oil lamp up and hanging it on a small hook in the ceiling sheding some light on the golem, The Golem were somewhat small and had a childlike build she's covered in blue sleek soft fur on most of her body and a stripe of redish brown on her fluffy tail and up her back, her ears look very fluffy and soft and the hair on top of her head is redish Brown like the stripe on her tail and back. She does not seem to be "Alive" for the moment and her irises have a solid and dull green colour that made her eyes look very empty.

[OOC: This is her :3 I've put up her profile now :P]
[And yes she is nude for the moment]

Anonymous

After a bit of silence, the artisan spoke again. The woman must love her tea, Ella concluded. "Yes. Let's." The noblewoman nodded, setting her own teacup down on the table before getting up. Her dress swayed around her as she moved after the designer. "Mmmmmhm..." The woman acknowledged the artisan's complaint about the door politely.

They stepped into, quite obviously, a workshop. Or at least a spare one, Ella concluded from the lacking lighting. It seemed more so like a store room though, but then again this slave dealer could never afford to make wild assumptions. Idly wondering whether lack of light was imperative for golem creation, Ella gazed upon the unfinished constructs scattered around the room.

The noblewoman blinked when a new light flickered to life, and turned to see Agatha fishing out one of her creations. The moment she spotted the little furry creature Elle set a hand upon her own chest, as if trying to still her heart. "My goodness!" The woman exclaimed.

As the artisan placed the golem on the table, the noblewoman stepped forth to take a better look. Taking one of the creature's hands into her own, Ella checked the condition of its nails. Moving on, she checked the teeth as well before taking a step back with a smile.

"She's perfect." The noble said. A satisfied laughter bubbled from her throat. "I'll take her. Is there anything I should know about the golem?"

Scythe-Nova

Agatha smiled happily as Ella showed her exitement and nodded approvingly as she watched Ella examine the golem. When she shared her thoughts about the golem she smiled happily as any compliment to a golem was a compliment to her skill.

-"Marvelous! Yes there are some things you should know, This golem i a bit diffrent from many others i have made since it's made of a flesh like material"

She said and placed her hand on the stomach of the golem and pressed down a bit to show the fleshiness of the golem.

-"Of course as with any golem there is a simple ritual to activate and bond them, Seeing as you're a woman the only option is to let the golem drink a bit of your blood"

She said and opened the golem's mouth and looked at Ella lightly before placing a small chalice and a tiny knife on the table in front of Ella.

-"It does not have to be that much blood though just enough for a sip, as for the price i would have to say about... 200 pieces of gold"

She said and sat down on the corner of the Table looking at Ella calmly.

Anonymous

Ella nodded, listening to the artisan. "I see." The woman tilted her head slightly. "Does the fact she's of flesh make the golem more vulnerable?" She asked, though she could assume what the answer would be.

Nonetheless listening to what Agatha had to say to that, the noble moved to seemingly fiddle with her dress and put it in order. Yet, once she stood straight again, she had a small pouch full of coins in her hand, of a very similar color as her dress. The expression on her face grew a bit serious as the designer explained the ritual. She still nodded in understanding, moving to place the small blue bag on the table next to the chalice and the knife.

"Mmmmhm!" The noble said to the price stated, shuffling through the coin purse to make sure the right amount of money was inside. Then she sat the blue bag aside, with slightly little over the price in it, just to show her appreciation for the hospitality. The extra coins that weren't for the artisan Ella withdrew into a pocket on her dress.

And with a flick of a wrist, she produced a small, purely white handkerchief from the very same pocket and placed it in a jumble on the table as well. With no hesitation Ella withdrew the knife then, and ran it across her palm, afterwards clenching a fist over the chalice. Waiting for enough blood to escape from her, the woman looked at the artisan with a little smirk on her face.

"This isn't blood magic, is it?" The woman said teasingly, and then withdrew her bleeding hand, scooping the white tissue from the table with the other. After folding the cloth one-handedly with a decent amount of skill, she pressed the handkerchief against her wounded palm, and stepped back to give Agatha room to work once more.

"All yours, my dear." She smiled softly.

Scythe-Nova

-"Yes this fleshlike material is very hard to process and a bit tricky to get a hold of."

She said with a smile and looked at the coin purse that Ella produced from her dress and waited patiently for her to be done with the purse. When she sat the purse aside she smiled and picked it up lightly feeling it's wheight before putting it down besides herself.

-"A pleasure making buisness with you"

She said with a happy smile before observing Ella as she drew blood into the chalice, she nodded some when she cut her palm with the knife as if she thought that was the best way to draw blood for this ritual.

-"Hmmm? Blood magic? No not really since it does not have to be blood you give the golem"

She said and rised up from the table and stood before the golem and picked up the small chalice with one hand and lifted the golem to a sitting position with the other hand, She then brought the chalice to the golem's mouth and slowly poured the blood in the chalice into it's mouth. Once she was done she laid the golem down and let go of it, then suddenly the golems eyes shone for a second and then one could see it's green iris fill with life and it's chest heaved a breath for the first time ever. The crystal cuffs she had started to reverberate and glow for a bit before settling down with a clear blue colour. The golem blinked a couple of times before rising from the table and looking around with an confused look, before long she locked eyes with Ella just looking into her eyes.

-"Master"

She spoke, not the most gracefull way of talking but then again she had just been given life, one cannot expect it to talk perfectly right of the bat.

Anonymous

Ella smiled at Agatha, holding her handkerchief pressed sternly against her palm. The artisan answered her question - one that was meant to at least unsettle the woman, with prestige calmness. Such confidence was rare, so much it made Ella put the designer in a "not to mess with" pile.

"The pleasure is quite mutual, my dear." Ella nodded, and then fell silent. Eyes catching details, she watched as the artisan went to work once more. The golem came to life, and seemed quite confused for a moment. Then the feline looked directly at her, magically knowing who her master is. It would have been disturbing had Ella not known it was a golem. Ella's eyes lit up at the little furball.

"Rise and shine, little one!" She smiled fondly. Yet, a moment later there was a frown upon the noblewoman's face. With that expression, she turned to the artisan. "One thing. You don't happen to have any clothes you can borrow me for a while? I can't walk with her through the streets like this." Ella spoke, hopefully looking at the designer while idly ruffling the golem's hair.

Scythe-Nova

Agatha Looked at the golem for some time untill Ella spoke to her again, She simply nodded and walked up to a locker on one side of the room and pulled out a brown cloak that she then tossed towards the table, It landed next to the golem who looked at the cloak before closing her eyes slightly when she felt her masters hand upon her head. She instinctively started to purr like a kitten from her masters attention.

-"Mrrrr..."

She smiled some and looked up at her master with a very lively look in her eyes and leaned towards her master slightly. Agatha smiled at the sight and walked up to them both with a smile and looked at Ella.

-"She learns quick so she'll probably be able to speak well in a bout two days or so, And also these crystal cuffs on her are what is supplying her with energy to funtion. should they break i can give her new ones if you come back here with her."

She said with a smile before picking the purse up from the table and putting it in a pouch on her tool belt. The golem looked at Agatha when she started to speak and seemed to listen to the words almost as if she tried to learn from just that, she then looked back at her Master and tilted her head with a slight purr and a cute smile.

Anonymous

"Ah." The woman said approvingly once she spotted the cloak. "Perfect. Thank you." She said, grabbing the fabric and fumbling with it until she got the right side up. Nodding to Agatha's comment, Ella proceeded to dress the golem as if it were a child. Clamping the cloak shut, she gently went to grab the golem by the elbow, and manipulate its arm to its belly, where it would keep the cloak from opening up again.

"Keep that closed, sweety." She told the feline, patting her arm to emphasize her words, hoping it would be enough for her to understand. Then, the noblewoman turned to the artisan.

"She'll have a lot to learn, I believe." The woman nodded with a soft smile. "But I have no doubt she'll swim in her new life just fine."

"I'll keep that in mind, should I ever need that kind of help." Ella said, casting a glance at the golem's cuffs as Agatha mentioned them. "I believe we are all good and wrapped up. We should be on our way, otherwise I might miss a very important meeting." The noble went to take the golem's free hand, before falling silent and waiting for the designer to lead them back to the main hall. It would rather be rude for Ella to roam around the house without guidance, unless Agatha herself said it was alright.

Scythe-Nova

Agatha Smiled at Ella and made her to the door stopping in front of it and waiting for Ella and the golem to follow her. The Golem looked curiously as her Master clothed her body and when she told her to keep the cloak closed she smiled and nodded before tightening her grip on the cloak keeping it shut, When her master Seeked her hand out she did the same and held her masters hand softly before unsteadily hopping down from the table and looking up at her master curiously.

-"I'll follow you out"

Agatha said and led the two out to the main hall where the other Golem Opal stood in waiting opening the door when she saw her master and the guests arrive in the room, Agatha stopped besides Opal and turned towards Ella and held out her hand with a smile.

-"It was a pleasure having you Elluina. And i hope you will have it as good as a golem can have"

She said and looked at Ella and shaking her hand before looking at the her feline creation with a fond smile before reaching out with her hand and ruffling it's hair gently, The Golem closed her eyes and purred a bit before she looked up at Agatha with a curious smile that she then turned towards Ella again.