Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anything but Silence [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 09, 2012, 02:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

The day had rolled itself up quite nicely for Keir. It was ordinary and had been uneventful, but pleasant nonetheless. The surf near Cerenis had been eerily calm, but he could smell the storm that would be coming in just as much as he could see the dark masses of clouds moving up along the horizon. Weather was something he welcomed. Anything was fine by him and storms actually just made it easier for him to go around in his true form for once with less involvement of curious, prying eyes.

From the streets he could hear the lapping waves at the bottom of the hill, where land met sea in a natural bay. Darkness was quickly advancing, though, and the sea could wait for now. As much as he hoped to be back out there tonight when so very few people would probably be wandering about, he fully intended to enjoy himself for the time being. Treating himself to a drink was exactly the kind of enjoyment he had in mind.

A sailor's tavern was the lucky place he would grace with his company tonight. Upon entering, he could already see that the night's debauchery was already getting along quite nicely. Settling himself at the bar, though, he took stock of his surroundings for a moment, peering from side-to-side as his back was to the main entry. There was loud laughter coming from the far corner that wasn't really bothering him, but there was plenty of other noise that did: clinking metal, the creaking wood of floorboards, tables and chairs and one particular man's breathing on that same side of the room that was slightly wheezy from those sporadic fits of cackling.

There wasn't much in the way of distinctive features from his back. He wore simple, earth-toned clothing from tunic to boots. The tight waves of his black hair fanned out just a few inches past the tops of his shoulders. Upon his left wrist he bore his birthmark and on his right was a beaded bracelet of simple, dark wood. From the front, though, there were those bright blue eyes. He was young for one of his kind, to be sure, and it certainly showed, but he was no less lethal than any other.

As much as the popular drinks seemed to be beer or mead, Keir was all too soon downing his first glass of wine full almost to the brim. The voices all around him were steadily increasing in volume, much to his displeasure. He didn't know why. To his sensitive ears even the gentler ones seemed to get him so...anxious, even with his back turned to the rest of the hall. He supposed it was what helped him in his element, though. Voices. Keen attention to sound, to pick up on the slightest change in a potential victim's breathing; it was the creature inside that thrived on it. Nights like what he was counting on now, though, kept him sharp: How well could he hunt if he was out of practice? A little amusement along the way certainly couldn't hurt.

GoblinFae

The siren was having the time of his life. While the impending storm was a good way to keep him trapped inside in order to keep his identity a secret, the rowdy atmosphere of the tavern he was residing in was more than enough to make up for it.

He moved about the room clapping patrons on the back, taking swigs of his beer, and generally make a nuisance of himself. Earlier in the evening he had won a fair amount of coin in a round of gambling and had been bouncing off the walls ever since.

The first strains of raised voices had his ears perking and head turning. Ever the one to join in on a fight, Ainsley was well on his way over by the time the ceramic mead jug had been broken over the other patron's head. In no time at all he joyfully immersed himself in the all out tavern brawl.

Through the throng of drunkards his vibrant green eyes picked up a lone figure loosing himself in a glass of wine. 'What's he doing there all by his lonesome? Poor thing is missing out on all the fun!' Disentangling himself from one of his adversaries, Ainsley bounced on over to the stranger and wrapped toned arms around him from behind. "Hey there buddy, you looked like you could use a hug," he whispered.

Reaching forward, the siren clasped his hand over top of the stranger's and took a sip of the wine. "Hmm," he grunted, "good stuff." A shout and the sound of more crashing reminded Ainsley of his previous engagement. "Ah that's my cue. Later!"

Sure enough, he was bouncing off again to join the fray. Grabbing up a chair he gleefully brought it down on another man's head before jumping up onto a table. From there he began hopping and dancing about as other patron's jumped up to attack him before being knocked down again. 'You know,' the siren thought, 'I think I feel a song coming on.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He'd been counting on things remaining relatively calm, well, as calm as it could be with all the alcohol milling about. The atmosphere of the tavern was changing so rapidly, though, much to both his displeasure and amusement. The jumbled claims being thrown across the room honestly were quite ridiculous, but it just made it that much sweeter to listen to. Besides the sudden increase in volume everything was just peachy as far as Keir was concerned. That little bubble of contentness was quickly burst as he felt arms coiling around him, practically holding him in place on his seat.

"Eh?" Glancing to the side, he couldn't see the stranger at his back but the words whispered at his ear were strangely tantalizing, invasive as it was. A hug? That was a first for him as far as others's reasoning for invading his personal space, not that he cared at all to maintain any sort of barrier for it. What he did care about was that the stranger was taking some of his drink. A lighthearted smile was there as he forced his glass back down, though the shouting and smashing across the room had him wincing for the burst of noise at his ear. In the time it took him to recover from this distraction, though, the other man had already slipped away and had disappeared back into the crowd at his back.

He was certain he hadn't heard that voice before, which wasn't all that uncommon in the port town, but there was something different about it, something he just couldn't place a finger on just yet. By the time he'd slung himself around in his seat with his drink kept resting against his thigh Ainsley was already far ahead of his line of sight. Scanning the room, Keir's eyes skipped from person to person before his eyes settled for a moment on the jumpy man hopping between tables and making himself out to look either extremely drunk, extremely silly or, probably most-likely, a combination of both with a heavy favor toward the former. Shaking his head with a wry smile he assured himself, "Wasn't that one," without further hesitation.

His spot at the bar was actually quite favorable, he thought, at least to stay out of the mess of senseless fighting that now ensued amongst the drunken men. Leaning back as he continued to sip from his glass, Keir scanned over the people in the tavern once more before deciding that his mystery thief was probably gone and, in thinking such, he rocked himself back around to put his back to some of the more grating noises, from crushing furniture to smashing pottery and glass. Waving over the barman, he got himself another glass to wait out the turmoil, though he figured he'd probably need quite a bit more before things finally settled down enough that he could make it across the room without being pulled into something.

GoblinFae

The fight settled down as quickly as it had begun. Feeling slightly disappointed that he had not had a chance to sing, Ainsley hopped down from his perch and mosied on over to the bar. Along the way he kept picking up drinks and setting them down as he tried to determine which one was his. He had just narrowed it down to a final two when he plopped himself onto a stool beside the huggable stranger from earlier.

Looking from mug to mug, unsure which was which the siren shrugged before taking a sip of each. Nodding his head, he took another long swig from the right one, gargled the contents, and then spit it all back into the mug. Beaming he handed it off to a passing drunkard who took a hearty chug of it before clinking it against Ainsley's other one and moving on.

Smirking, the siren laid his upper torso across the bar counter, resting his cheek against his closed fist and looked dizzily over at the man before him. "So what brings a cuddly mope such as yourself to this fine establishment?" he boomed in a deep baritone. "Bartender, another drink please. Oh no, not for me, for my friend over yonder." Ainsley winked and pushed the new drink away from him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He'd just polished off his second glass when the noise had finally died down to a much more tolerable hum. Looking over one shoulder toward the entry, he pondered the idea of slipping out just as he heard the familiar grinding of the bar stool feet against the floorboards. Setting his second glass aside, he eyed the two mugs before the other man with interest as he seemed to be...weighing his options. If he'd actually thought this man was anything but a prattling drunk, he would have asked why he was taking so much care with choosing between vessels that obviously contained a fair amount of drink apiece.

Raising an amused brow at how the other seemed to weigh his options and then soil the one he would reject, Keir couldn't help but chuckle for how utterly pleased the stranger looked for passing on his "prize" to someone else. It wasn't enough that he'd had to endure all of the loud ruckus earlier, though, and of course this man that had whispered so gently at his ear earlier was, in fact, a loudmouth. "A 'cuddly mope'?" he asked, still amused though he was still staring at how the other leaned himself along the bar. So, the one who danced on tables was his wine thief. He didn't bat an eye at the stranger ordering another drink, what with the way he'd just seen him acting, but he hadn't expected it to be passed on to him.

Quirking a brow for the winking, Keir reached out cautiously at first before taking it upon himself to indulge. Taking the mug of ale, he chugged now, though the taste clashed with the wine he'd been drinking earlier. He didn't much care; free alcohol was free alcohol and he wasn't about to be picky. Looking back over to Ainsley over the rim, he hummed his thanks as he studied him briefly, just enough to take in his general appearance and note the nice eye color he bore. "The weather's coming in," he said simply with a shrug. "Just prefer to ride it out here." He tapped the side of the mug for emphasis before taking another swig.

"So, was that you, then...? The prancing thief?" he asked with an entertained smirk. "What brought you here, hm?"

GoblinFae

"Ride it out? Like the crashing waves of the beautiful sea?" A dreamy expression crossed Ainsley's features as he thought of the world he had been born into and was currently forsaking. "Wai-what? A prancing thief? I do not prance, thank you very much. As for the thief part, it was more sharing in the wealth. Besides one sip from your glass is paid over ten times by the whole mug I just had given to you. Then again," he leaned close, placing his face right next to the stranger's as he lowered his voice, "if you don't want I could always finish it for you."

Chuckling, the siren allowed himself to relax back against the counter again. Surveying the room he continued in a boasting matter. "Me? Well I come and go as I please. But, like you said, better to weather the storm and how could I pass up the marvelous opportunity of coming here. Just think, if I hadn't I wouldn't have met your sad little face that needed loving." He rushed out the last part and winked again. "So Mister Snuggles, do you have a name?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Quite the opposite, really," he explained with a chuckle. "The storm that's coming...I'd rather not get trapped out there when it hits, you know? It's dangerous." He was surprised that this stranger was taking being called a thief so well even in jest, especially in a place like Cerenis, but he supposed that was a good thing that he wasn't being taken too seriously right now. "It does indeed pay for it plenty," he assured with a chuckle. "I hope the wine was good and worth it because I think I'll be finishing this off myself.

"But you were asking about me, huh? I kind of like 'Mister Snuggles', though I've not an idea where you're getting it from. Do I seem the cuddly sort?" Keir asked, setting the mug down finally as it only had about one third of its contents left. "You can call me Keir. And a name for a name, huh? ...But, hey, what's with all the comments?" He raised a brow and leaned forward on his forearms a bit.

"Do I seem all that sad?" he wondered, amused. "Or in need of 'loving'?"

GoblinFae

"Do you seem it? Do you seem it! My friend you are the epitome of the cuddly sort," Ainsley replied. He smirked and looked at the other man lazily. "Keir huh? I think I prefer Mister Snuggles. Has a nice ring to it don't you think?"

Just as quickly as a tempest on the sea his moods changed and he clasped his hand melodramatically to his chest as if in severe pain and gasped. "Me? You mean you don't know? Oh, how it pains me! It is a tragedy I tell you. A tragedy! I am Mister Tall, Dark and Handsome." Again the siren moved close to Keir, placing his face right in front of the other's. "But you," he whispered huskily, "can just call me Handsome."

A finger came up to bop the stranger on the nose as Ainsley maintained this close distance. Still whispering he continued, "Sad, my friend? You seem positively heartbroken. You remind me of the sea. They say the sea is like a woman and shares her emotions. But, I say it is like a man, a man who mourns his love. For as long as he is at sea he misses his wife, and as long as he is with her he misses the sea. You my friend, remind me of the sea."

The siren looked down sadly and nodded his head as if also mourning something. But, the mood was not to last. His head popped up again and he was smiling and patting Keir's cheek. "Have no qualms Mister Snuggles, I will have you smiling and forgetting that sea in no time! Bartender," he called, raising a finger, "another drink!" He looked the stranger up and down appreciatively. "Make that two!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"That's fine by me." Keir could only laugh for the other man's proclamations and theatrics; it seemed he'd taken quite a shine to him. This was an evening at a tavern not a formal party and either way he didn't much care if someone could recognize him or called him properly by name, especially with all the alcohol in the room. He thought it quite funny, though, that this man seemed to want just the opposite. Well, not entirely, but apparently he was accustomed to being easily recognizable.

For all of the other's closeness and poking and such he just looked so smug and was fairly beaming. In all honesty, he was used to being the one to be doing that sort of thing, and he wondered if his drinks were spurring him on or if this man seriously did not have any issues with personal space. Keir was beginning to think it was more the former as the stranger carried on with his comparisons, though he was fairly confused by it all as none of it really made much sense to him. Still, he thought it quite an ironic thought, forgetting the sea: his home.

Downing the rest of his other drink at the promise of another, Keir leaned against the bar with the elbow of his free arm and eyed Ainsley curiously. There were only a few reasons one might be so giving when it came to buying him drinks. "So, Handsome," he appeased. "What's got you so merry and generous, hm? Or is there just something that's got you bent on drowning yourself tonight?"

GoblinFae

Ainsley smiled smugly at being called Handsome, practically preening under the attention he felt he was getting. But, this look was quickly replaced with one of pity as Keir began to ask questions. The siren sighed and looked up towards the ceiling. "He's breaking my heart. The sorry sap has no idea. What a shame," he sighed, looking down again and shaking his head.

He yawned loudly, stretching his arms overhead before bringing one down to rest around the other man's shoulders. The siren sidled himself up closer to Keir, leaving them completely pressed together from shoulder to ankle. "Ah now that's better. You see Mister Snuggles I'm the kind of guy that doesn't make waves, I ride them. So whatever floats my boat, goes. Do you catch my drift? Hmm, maybe you don't. You do seem a bit wet behind the ears. Don't you worry love, I'll take good care of you!"

Ainsley squeezed Keir close to him and took a hearty swig of his drink. "Ah!" he sighed smacking his lips together. "Good stuff." He paused to give a rather large belch before continuing. "So what about you? Why do you look like a fish out of water?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

There was a long pause from him as he took up his next drink. Keir was taking big gulps now instead of the much more careful sips of earlier. He still had his head tipped back as Ainsley stretched, but he spluttered a bit as he felt the other's arm come around him. Lowering his drink, he glanced down repeatedly at how they were touching. There was no way that this had been a mistake, but he hadn't been entirely sure that the other man was aware of what he was doing, but then he answered that curiosity for him.

"Wet behind the ears?" he scoffed, snorting as he finally set his drink down. All he could do was shake his head good-humoredly as Ainsley carried on and continued to make it glaringly obvious that he had no issues with space or contact with him. If only he knew how close to the truth he really was. "A fish out of water, huh? Nah, I just get antsy when I can't get out and keep moving, you know?"

He took another gulp as he continued, "And if I'm stuck here I might as well make the most of it!" Then, in an attempt at getting more alcohol out of this, Keir leaned his head against the other's shoulder and decided to remain there, as if he were an old, trusted friend. "And I think it'd be fair to say I quite like it. Good drink, at least. The company isn't bad either," he added with a chuckle and sly grin he hoped wouldn't be seen as he sat there still nursing his drink.

GoblinFae

Ainsley looked down at the head resting on his shoulder and mentally shrugged before resting his own atop it. He stared at the amber liquid bubbling in his mug then nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah it is a good brew isn't it. The company knows their brews. Oh, you meant me! Well you're not so bad yourself, Mister Snuggles."

The siren pulled Keir closer to his side and placed a quick sloppy kiss to his forehead. The moment was ruined by another a loud and long belch that had even Ainsley crinkling his nose. "Yick, chunky. Good sound though, very poor character. I'd rate it a seven. And a half, for tone you know? Urg, you know starfish, I'm going to have to make good on my promise later. My stomach's feeling a bit queasy. You'll still be here tomorrow?"

Green eyes widened as the need for water and not alcohol became more prominent. One poor side affect of drinking, was how quickly it dehydrated the siren. He dizzily blinked slowly a few times before remembering his drink. Knocking it back, he made to untangle himself from the other man. "Got to get back to the room," he groaned.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

With the way he was being held he couldn't turn his head much, but Keir still rolled his eyes to look up when he felt Ainsley's own head on him. He was stuck now and before he knew it the top of his head was being kissed. Even as he set his free hand along the edge of the bar to try and push off from him, though, that loud noise was filling his ears again.

Cringing and flinching at his words, Keir was all too happy to disentangle himself from him, but there was something in the way he talked that got his attention. "I'll be around for a little while," he answered, not wanting to make any promises even though he knew full well he would probably slip away from the tavern as soon as the worst of the storm went through sometime in the night.

Taking in the rest of his drink, he set the empty vessel down before hopping down from his seat and eyeing the stairs, then the door. "You staying here? ...I'll help you walk up if you need it," he offered, hesitant to say any more as this could just as easily be where they parted ways.

GoblinFae

Ainsley blinked owlishly before smiling goofily. "Yeah here. All the way at the end of the hall. Would you mind? Seems I still got me sea legs." A fit of uncontrollable giggles arrested him as the irony of the statement hit him.

"It's jus' this a'way," he hiccuped, leaning heavily on Keir and pointing towards the stairs. Ainsley was doing everything in his power to play up the drunk card. While feeling truly a bit dizzy and out of sorts he was nowhere near being as drunk as he was presenting himself. He just thought it might be a bit fun for him and a bit of what the stranger needed to cheer him up. "Jus' needs to care for someone," he muttered under his breath.

The siren sighed at the sight of his door and leaned more heavily against Keir. "Almosh tere Mister Shnuggles," he giggled. "Ah here we go, jush help me to the bed and you're home free!" However, the minute Ainsley was near enough the bed, he pretended to completely pass out, latching onto his new friend securely. The siren was not about to let go of his prize any time soon.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Keir could only give an understanding smile and looked over to the stairs again as Ainsley pointed. "Not a problem," he assured, putting an arm up around his shoulders to try and steady him as they went along. Over the voices echoing through the tavern he couldn't hear his, to him, garbled mumbling.

When they finally reached the door he adjusted his hold on Ainsley so that he could take them inside. He was just as careful closing it up behind them, not wanting to disturb this man who he thought just couldn't handle his liquor. Helping him to the bed was going to prove to be a whole different matter entirely, though.

He hadn't expected this to happen. He had been gearing up to just get him settled and then split, but this man who had the giggles seemed to have other plans. He was also heavier than Keir had banked on and his dead weight quite easily pulled him down. "Nnf!" he grunted as he came down hard on his side. Attempting to pull away immediately, though, was only met with firm resistance.

"Hey, Handsome, lemme go!" he complained sarcastically, lifting his head to look at the door, not giving a thought yet to the idea that this was all that intentional.

GoblinFae

Ainsley grunted, pulling Keir closer. There was really no way he was going anywhere any time soon. Comforted by the warmth of the stranger, the siren snuggled in closer and slipped into a deep sleep.

Morning came bright and early but with the storm crashing fiercely outside now, there was not a ray of sunshine to be seen. Despite his normally loud and rambunctious nature, Ainsley was quiet and still as he came into consciousness once more. A soft smile curled his lips as he saw the other man still with him.

"Aww Mister Snuggles," he chirped, hugging Keir. "It's so good to have you here." The siren's eyes were bright and clear. There was no trace of a hangover or any remaining alcohol in his system to be observed. Ainsley was back and ready to be his obnoxious self once more.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The way Ainsley had latched on to him made it difficult to even attempt to move. Honestly, he could barely wriggle and when he managed a bit of progress he was still well and truly stuck in the other's grasp. Eyeing him suspiciously as he snuggled in close, Keir pondered ways to "wake" him up so he could run, but...how else was he going to get a free bed for the night? It wasn't like he really cared all that much if his drunk acquaintance was very comfortable with him right now. He was a kelpie. He thrived on touch, emotion, affection and kindness. He usually couldn't bear not having some reassurance from whoever he was with, and Ainsley was shouting it loud and clear, so he slept.

He stayed through the night even though his original intention had been to sneak out at some point. Whenever he awoke for a moment all he could hear was the pounding rain upon the roof, and when it was finally morning the storm was still going strong. So long as he didn't want to give himself away so obviously he was going to have to keep staying there or somewhere close. Upon waking fully, though, he realized he was being hugged still, being spoken to, and that they hadn't moved much, if at all.

Opening his eyes, he blinked until they focused on Ainsley. "Mister Snuggles...? Oh. That still. Goo' mornin', Han'shum," he yawned, looking over his shoulder at the shuttered window that water was still plinking off of. "You feeling any better?" What he really wanted to know, though, was how long he was going to cling to a, mostly, stranger.

GoblinFae

The siren hummed softly, releasing Keir so he could stretch. His back arched off the bed as his spine made several back-relieving pops. The thin material of his tunic also took the chance to ride way up his torso, revealing smooth, pale flesh and slightly toned muscles.

Ainsley lazily rubbed one hand across his stomach as the other came to rest on Keir's hand. "Poyfect!" he replied through a yawn. He smirked and closed his eyes. "See something you like Mister Snuggles?" He sighed, wiggling his hips as he repositioned himself comfortably on the bed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

For a moment he hadn't moved, too surprised to be free finally, but as soon as it registered in his waking brain Keir was immediately sitting bolt upright. At least, until flashes of skin in his peripheral caught his attention. He couldn't help himself on that one and his head was tilted at an angle to watch that shirt creeping up higher and higher. And then there was a hand on that stomach, blocking some of his view, and then his hand was sandwiched between the bed and Ainsley's hand so that he'd now have to make things very awkward or uncomfortable or both to move away.

Honestly, he didn't much have a problem with it now, not since he was just made clearly aware of some of what was underneath that shirt. By the time he ventured a glance up to the other man's face, though, his eyes were closed. Something he liked? Definitely. Was he going to admit it right away? "Something," was all he said, the word coming slowly as he cleared his throat and cracked a smile to see how the other wiggled his way up. Whether this was entirely for his benefit or not he wasn't sure, but he was willing to bet anything that this man welcomed attention wholeheartedly from what he'd seen thus far.

"But...good. Glad you're feeling better. I'm actually really...thirsty. Gonna go down and get something. My head feels all funny," he lied, though he was actually quite thirsty, having been out of the water for about a day now already. Shimmying his way closer to the edge, he looked down at their hands before giving Ainsley a knowing little smile. "I'll be back before you know it."

GoblinFae

Ainsley's brows scrunched together as he processed Keir's words. "Thirsty? But, there's water just outside. Why go all the way downstairs and back up again when it's just right there?" Ever the minimalist, such a concept of extra effort boggled the siren's mind.

"Look there's a pitcher and basin," he said pointing to it. As he continued to explain he acted out each part with hand motions. "You take the pitcher. Walk over to the window. Open the window. Stick the pitcher outside. " HIs fingers wiggled into an imaginary pitcher as he continued, "collect the water. Bring the pitcher back inside and drink the water."

Exhausted from the effort of explaining, Ainsley let his arms drop heavily back to the mattress. A long-suffering groan garbled its way in his throat. "Of course you shut the window once you're done. Rainwater while water is not good for indoors. No, no very bad idea. But, a lot simpler than all that silly walking. Ugg!" The siren shuddered and winced as if the idea of such a thing galled him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: