Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anything but Silence [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 09, 2012, 02:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

The instruction Ainsley gave left him feeling a bit dull for not realizing the simplicity almost literally at his fingertips. "Ah," he replied slowly, watching his hands until he got enough sense to stand. Going over to take up the pitcher, he looked over his shoulder for Ainsley's dramatic display and even more obvious reminder, wincing at the thought that he seemed dull enough to need those added comments.

"I hadn't thought of it, thanks," he offered as he opened up the shutters to the outside. The storm immediately sprinkled his arms with cold droplets, but he certainly didn't mind that at all. Thrusting his arm outside, though, he was rather careless in the way he held the thing, keeping his head turned away from the window after one too many gusts had dashed his face with water. After the pitcher was filled was when the real problems started, though.

Bringing his arm back inside, he stepped closer to the wall to shut up the window again only to have himself slip on the water upon the boards. Trying to right himself as he reached for the windowsill, though, he managed to tip the pitcher just far enough in his wobbling to dump most of its contents over his front and pouring onto the floor.

His mouth drew up in a tight line from being splashed with such cold and, for a moment, he stood dumbfounded before he finished closing up the window and walked back over to the little end table with the basin like nothing had happened at all though it was clear enough by his clothes. It had been nice to be warm for once, even if that warmth had been from a stranger. Now it was all gone as he became more and more aware of the liquid dripping from his clothes and seeping uncomfortable in to plaster them to his body. The puddle on the floor he was content to just leave for now.

Dumping the measly amount of water left into the basin, Keir scooped his hands into it as if what had just happened hadn't happened at all. He drank, careful to keep his back turned to his new acquaintance.

GoblinFae

The moment the shutters were open and the rain came pelting in, Ainsley was pushing himself as tight up against the headboard as he possibly could. Getting water on himself would really ruin his fun right about now. Keir's comical retrieval of the rainwater had the siren wiping away tears and shaking in silent laughter.

Once there was no more worries about getting rained on, Ainsley ripped the undersheet off the bed and tossed it at the other man's head. "There you go Mister Snuggles. Just dry yourself off with that and then you can come warm up again over here." Feeling proud of himself, the siren gave a big, beaming smile with closed eyes as he invitingly patted the spot next to him on the bed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

As he scooped up more water and drank he felt the light plop of the sheet hitting the back of his head before it draped itself haphazardly along his shoulders. Turning to look at Ainsley there looking so pleased with himself, Keir couldn't help but notice that he wasn't much better -or any better really- from the previous night when he'd been drinking. Except, perhaps, there was less clinging involved.

Taking the sheet in his hands, he hummed his acknowledgement as he went about drying his arms, neck, and hair. The rest of him...well, there wasn't much he was going to be able to do with soaked clothes still sticking to him. Peeling his shirt off, he bounced the thing by the collar for a moment, just watching water flick off of it this way and that before draping it over the table. Drying as well as he could with the sheet, he returned to the bed to sit himself beside Ainsley as indicated while he finished up. "You know, you're really forward," he chuckled, shaking his head and bowing for a moment to wick the rest of what was on his neck off. "Most people aren't with me, at least not as much as you are."

GoblinFae

Vibrant green eyes just watched Keir dry off and take his shirt off with a content smile. The thrill of pleasure he got from the other man joining him on the bed only served to make him feel more happy. He however became distracted as Keir shook his head, spraying droplets of water all over his face and arms.

Black dots of skin began to form instantly from the wet contact. "Forward?" he repeated dumbly, eyes widening as he stared down at his skin. Ainsley tried to brush the drops off only to have his mouth hit the floor when the smeared and created gray-black streaks across his skin.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," he continued, his brain in overdrive to hide his current problem. Flipping over and diving onto the bed, the siren pinned his arms under his chest and buried his face. Once he was sure his face was dry he spoke again. "Is this better? Now I'm backwards. Or is that not enough for you, Mister Snuggles?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Watching bits of his hair falling forward, he played with it for a few moments. Pulling out the dry strands and moving them aside one after another, he watched them swing back around the hang in front of his face. That was, at least until he felt the jostling as Ainsley made his dive. Lifting his head slowly he eyed his companion curiously before he offered a vague explanation. Keir spent that time he was afforded, though, with staring at his ass and the sloping curve that led down to it.

"Backwards," he chuckled, shaking his head as he set the sheet aside. "No need to be sorry. I think I like you forward and backward," he teased. For a brief moment he was reaching out to him, but he dropped his hand down beside Ainsley instead to scoot himself a little closer. Sitting with just a small space between them now, he leaned back against his arm a bit. "Can I have both?"

GoblinFae

Wiggling a bit to ensure that he was completely dry, Ainsley rolled to his side so that his arm propped up his head and he was facing Keir. "Both?" he questioned sending a smouldering look the other man's way. "I don't know. Can you handle both?"

The siren shook his head sadly as if lamenting a great sadness. "It would be such a shame if I drowned you in my forwardness and backwardness. What would I do then? No," he stated, raising his hand in a staying gesture. "I shall make the ultimate sacrifice for the world. It cannot survive without the great Mister Snuggles. I will have to make do. Worry not my friend," he raised his hand a little higher before pressing it against his heart, "it is a price I am willing to pay. Have no fear."

Ainsley sniffled slightly before wiping away an imaginary tear. "A tragedy," he whispered wearily. Giving one more sigh, he let his head fall forward off his head and into the bed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Drowned him? No, he was quite sure that was impossible both literally and figuratively. His new companion did not know that, though, and he had no intention of informing him of the real reasons why now, if ever. The explanation he gave was amusing and the dramatic theatrics behind it had enough of his attention now so that he lifted his legs up onto the bed and sit cross-legged beside him instead.

"I, for one, think I could handle it well, and I'd be a fool not to be confident." Looking over at the closed up window where muffled noises through which the wind and rain outside still pierced he gave a little smile for what had just happened with the pitcher. Being amongst the storm now, though, he could do nothing about what natural course it would take. "So, Handsome, when do you think the rain'll let up? I can't wait to go puddle jumping," he crooned, continuing on to goad, "Or is that not a sport such dashing men partake in?"

GoblinFae

"Puddle jumping?" he repeated sounding amused. Internally he was cringing at the idea of getting splashed and revealing himself prematurely. "You see Mister Snuggles, we're men and as men we can do whatever we damn well please. So if we want to go puddle jumping we can and will. Although to be honest with you, I think I would much rather watch you than join in and ruin the fun."

The siren sat up looking very sad and depressed. "You see Mister Snuggles, it's quite tragic really. A childhood condition, for as long as I can remember, I've had a problem with water. You couldn't even call me handsome anymore. It's," Ainsley shook his head and shuddered, "terrible."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

At first he was pretty confused about why his companion would rather sit out of something so, well, fun for him. As he carried on explaining, though, Keir looked a bit guilty for how sad he seemed now. "Tragic condition...problem? Oh, well, we don't have to." The shuddering was observed with particular curiosity, and if he hadn't been so surprised by this new information he would have laughed.

What in the world was he doing in a port city if he had issues with water? It was baffling to Keir that someone could even be fearful of water or even manage to find something wrong with it. It was everywhere and he thrived on it both literally and figuratively, so this was something that wasn't going to be well-understood by the kelpie. "Well, we could do something else, I'm sure we can come up with plenty else to do, huh?" he said, feeling a bit sheepish now for the one mistake he'd already made unknowingly.

Twisting his ankles around to bide his time, Keir put his hands behind himself and lounged back like that as he took a moment to think. "You've seemed so sad, you know," he finally began again, quirking a brow for this before continuing on with that little grin of his, "Yet happy, too, but a lot of sadness. Shall we do something to cheer you up? Lift your spirits a bit?"

GoblinFae

Ainsley clapped a gentle hand down on Keir's thigh just above his knee. "You are very kind, sir. However, I assure you there is nothing to worry yourself over. Although," he trailed off slowly as he lowered himself back, copying his companion's pose. His face hovered a breath away from the other man's.

"If I could claim your attention for just an hour more at the most we could venture our way down a ways where drink and mischief both would lift my weary heart. Would you be obliged, Mister Snuggles?" The look on the siren's face was that of a pleading puppy. Green eyes widened, breath was held, and a lip was worried in anticipation of the recumbent man's answer.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He didn't think he looked inebriated still, but it was so rare for someone to look so...unaffected and carefree with their proximity. Keir surely wasn't looking for excuses for him and if his companion didn't mind it it made things smoother for both parties, really, but it was still so interesting to have someone else initiating for once. Even better, he figured he would be able to get more free drinks out of this if he kept his attention enough. He found it a bit curious that no favors had been asked of him for even the treat of the previous night, but he wasn't complaining.

"Okay, Handsome, let's go. So many nice things we never sampled, it would be a pity to leave without a taste," he agreed. Leaning forward to stretch a bit, the kelpie tipped himself over for a lazy hop-stumble off the bed and towards the door. He didn't bother replacing the recently soaked shirt over his head, but he did snatch it up to sling over one shoulder. Later, he figured, it would make for a cleaner, quicker exit when necessary.

Opening the door and bumping it with his hip to keep it from swinging back on him, Keir stepped back out to the hall to make his way back downstairs.

GoblinFae

Ainsley cheered exuberantly at Keir's agreement and bounced off the bed to eagerly follow. So intent on the smooth curve of the other man's spine, he had not been noticed the wet shirt being relocated and therefore was not expecting the wet slap in the face he received a few moments later.

His eyes widened once more in horror as he acknowledged to himself that his face was completely black now. With an extra hop-skip in his step, the siren knocked into Keir's back and pressed his face snugly against the warm flesh. Careful to avoid the hanging piece of dripping fabric, he contented himself in nuzzling into the one-sided embrace.

"Oh Mister Snuggles! I was beginning to miss you already!" The door swung back to bite Ainsley in the rear and he grunted as he jumped forward, knocking more into Keir. "Lead the way oh fearless leader! I am your humble servant."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The cold air on his back was exchanged so quickly for warm skin and before it really registered what was going on he found himself encircled again. A grin slowly worked its way out now at how Ainsley clung to him and how quickly he'd worked his way back to hugging him.

Luckily, he found the way they were pressed together more amusing than anything. He did have to catch himself, though, being knocked forward so suddenly. Steadying himself with a hand against the wall, Keir tilted his head to glance down with a surprised, amused puzzlement. "Do you want to just climb up? You're already halfway there," he said with a chuckle.

"I think we stopped too early last night, good thing we're getting a head start, hm?" Not thinking much else of it, though, and taking his cue to lead them away, Keir started making his way down the stairs with a hand hovering at the other man's arm with the sincere hope he wasn't going to get slammed into again.

GoblinFae

The siren's eyes widened at his good fortune. "Ah, an invitation!" Flicking the wet shirt off Keir's shoulder with a scowl, he happily leaped onto the other man's back, careful to not throw his balance off too much. Ainsley secured his arms gently around his new friend's shoulders and smiled lazily.

"Why thank you for the offer. I could not be more grateful. Stairs are such troublesome things," he sighed in disgust. "You know I believe I shall sing a song in your honor now. Don't try and stop me now, I feel a good one coming on." Clearing his throat, the silly siren moved his head so that his lips hovered just beside Keir's ear. Then in a soft voice he began.

[center:2djpm9ts]"Mister Snuggles is a friend.
He is soft and warm and huggable.
Which is why I find him so snuggable
Well that and his cute rear end.

Mister Snuggles, Mister Snuggles,
Mister Snuggles Mister Snuggles!
Is a huggable kind of guy."
[/center:2djpm9ts]

Ainsley ended his song earlier than intended the moment Keir's feet hit the last step and the bar came into view. "Drink! Come my good friend, there is heaven to be imbibed!" Grabbing the other man's hand he directed him along from his current perch to a pair of stools and waved the bartender over.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

For the briefest of moments his face was twisted with confusion at whatever "invitation" the other man was implying was out there for him, but the added weight on his back was a clear enough answer for that. Surprised by the sudden shift, he stumbled his way forward a couple of steps before he managed to catch his balance again with one hand against the wall and the other gripping Ainsley's knee to not throw their combined weight around too much.

"Would it kill you to give a bit more of a warning? Wait, a...song?" he grumbled, eyeing the landing they could have fallen to had the carelessness been a total success. He had been expecting something loud and far too peppy for the hour and lack of...well, a proper situation, but the surprisingly soft voice at his ear as he brought them down the rest of the stairs startled him enough to cause another lurch down a couple more steps.

The words were silly, to be sure, but there was something about it that just struck with Keir. He couldn't pinpoint it, but he found nothing particularly unpleasant about the whole thing; it was like everything had been altered to mold around it in the moment. His entire focus was on the gentle song in tickling breaths that sent an odd chill across his skin, and the rest of the trip was hardly noticed until they'd finally reached the bottom and it stopped.

Tilting his head a bit to look back at his new acquaintance, he found himself wondering sadly why the music had stopped and if, somehow, this unfocused and easily distracted man had really been the source of...whatever had just happened. "Drink...? Oh, yeah, drink," he mumbled as he finally continued on to carry Ainsley out to the bar. Hopping up onto a stool, he glanced back again as he motioned with his head for him to get down and get on his own seat lest the thing have to go crashing down beneath the combined weight of them both.

"Well, what is it we're starting with today, Handsome? More mead? A nice beer? Perhaps a richer wine?" he hinted, hoping he could clear out with more free stuff today if he was still so well-liked. Getting what he wanted would just be icing on the cake.

GoblinFae

Ainsley was never one to pick up on social cues and therefore missed Keir's pointed look. He was far more distracted by being called Handsome again. Snuggling closer, he nuzzled his face into the warm skin of the other man's shoulder and hummed with pleasure.

"Hmm? Oh drink, right. Wine is out, far too sophisticated for a little fisher town, the good stuff is always farther inland." His eyes became dreamy for a moment as he recalled his goal to never return to the sea unless he wanted to. Giving himself a mental shake he continued on. "Mead is too common for a gentlemen such as yourself, and as much as I enjoy a good beer I believe ale shall be our poison of choice this fine morning."

The siren waved his hand grandly to signal the amused bartender over. Unfortunately, because Ainsley had not acknowledged Keir's hints he had not gotten up. As he was being too loud he never heard the mighty creak of the chair and so had no idea that was about to break beneath their combined weight. No the rowdy siren was far more focused on getting his addicting alcohol and becoming a new fur coat for Keir with the way he was pressed up against him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The small disappointment he felt hearing he wouldn't be getting wine was enough to distract him temporarily from the gradual shifting beneath them. It was a small inconvenience that he still had him on his back, but he was willing to deal with it. He was sure he looked quite odd, shirtless and coming down the stairs carrying him straight to the bar so early, but he didn't care. As his companion rolled through their options, though, Keir was amused to watch the barman at the ready for whatever it was they decided on.

He wasn't going to complain about ale, but there was something odd about the way the barman looked as they briefly made eye contact. It was like everything was falling into place right then. Keir heard the beginnings of creaking, the stress on the wood bearing down too hard for it to remain up any longer. Leaning against the bar, he had not a hand free to stabilize himself, let alone the pair of them. They were definitely going down.

Cringing at the sudden, sharp snaps from beneath them, Keir tried to brace himself as he first felt them falling down and then back to the floor behind where they'd been sitting. What jarring impact he'd expected didn't come, however, as he gasped sharply and felt himself slamming down against something much softer than the flat floor. His breath was still knocked out of him for a moment, though, and the kelpie was stunned as he lied there stupidly trying to get his bearings while he remained with his full weight upon Ainsley.

GoblinFae

The sudden drop was nothing in comparison to the heavy force that squashed Ainsley to the ground. All the wind was knocked out of him as he laid there dumbly and tried to examine the situation he was currently in. A silly grin crept across his face though as he quickly came to realize that it was Keir currently pinning him in place.

If he could have breathed he would have laughed at his good fortune. While he was slowly suffocating under Keir's crushing weight on his compressed diaphragm, Ainsley would be the first to admit he would be dying a happy man. One arm was caught between the two of them and completely useless but the other was only half-stuck.

The siren wiggled his right hand in a gesture to get it free when in reality he was a bit more focused on what it was touching, Keir's right buttock. Surreptitiously, Ainsley rubbed the palm of his hand back and forth on the firm flesh while laying there grinning goofily. 'Now this is the life!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He blinked quickly a few times at the wave of silence that swept the room. Then, it slowly dissolved into quiet snickering. Blinking more and still willing his body to remember how to breathe, Keir stared up at the barman peering over the bar to look down at them. There was something there caught between amusement and something sterner over the broken furniture.

Finally willing himself to drag a painful breath into his lungs, Keir groaned for the dizzy, lightheadedness that buzzed in his head. Not quite sure if he'd killed or knocked out his companion, the kelpie struggled to try and lean himself up when he felt the wriggling beneath him. He didn't think a thing of what the other man was actually doing thinking he'd squashed his arms and was only increasing his pain by sitting on him. As quickly as his suddenly sluggish limbs would take him, Keir rolled himself over off of Ainsley.

"H-....Hey," he wheezed lightly, turning his head to cough before sucking in another much-needed breath and continuing on. "Handsome... Um, you okay, there? I think that was the worst idea we've ever had," he teased.

GoblinFae

Ainsley just laid there dazed but euphoric. The silly grin never left his face as he just stared ahead astonished. Breath returned to him but he honestly could have cared less considering the proximity of Keir just a few moments before.

"I touched it," he murmured to himself. "Pure bliss." Slowly, as if coming to awareness through sea foam, he turned his head towards the other man and smiled stupidly. "Worst? On the contrary, in the very short amount of time we have spent together of which we have had very few shared ideas I think it was our best. But, of course we will need to have better shared ideas in order to top that one."

Chuckling hysterically to himself, the siren spread his arms out and continued to lay there. "So bartender, can I have that drink now? I'm feeling pretty relaxed here."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: