Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trying to appear nonchalant...

Started by AnnieInsight, June 28, 2012, 08:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieInsight

Dusk was always a comfort to Calliope Dawnya.  Now more than ever.  In her little hollow that she'd made for herself, she shivered.  There was a cool breeze flowing in around her little nest, but it wasn't the reason she had goosebumps.  Callie was scared.  
And exhausted!  She'd never been more tired in her young life.  Last week, she was safe at her School...able to go on learning from the Masters who knew best, conversing with her playmates and gossiping about who was who...  Now she was a fugitive, a mistake on the rump of humanity.  Callie made a face, disgusted with herself.  How could she have killed him?!  Sure, he wasn't one of the favorited people of the class, but to kill him?  She wouldn't have if she...

Callie shut her eyes.  If she was in her right mind, she finished silently.  She had been cramping badly, due to the Curse all women got when they reached puberty.  And she was missing her parents...again...  She'd been in a sour mood, that was all.  But it wasn't an excuse!  She killed him.  And now she was forced to leave her birthplace and travel onto roads she had only heard about.  Callie was a singer, a well-known one in the Summervale village that housed her School.  She was planning on using that talent of hers to get her somewhere in life, to help her fellow Serenians out.  What would they think of her when the word got out that she killed someone with her Gift?!

Callie sighed and stood up, ducking as she did so to avoid banging her head on the thatched roof of the hollow.  Taking a few steps forward, she looked toward the direction of the sea.  She straightened up and fiddled with her worn threadbare wrap that she always wore and thought hard.  She wanted to promise herself that she'd come out on top like she always did, but this situation was different.  The circumstances were harsher, and Callie just didn't know what to expect.

"It's gonna be alright, love..."  The words of her mother on the day she left for school, barely eight years old at the time, comforted her now.  Callie smiled in spite of her worries.  Yes, she thought, everything would be alright.  She was sure of that.  What she wasn't sure of was how it was gonna get to that point.

zozee9

Alexandra was meditating on the beach. Well, not really meditating. Meditating means you have nothing on your mind... Alexandra was trying to have one thing on her mind.

Since Alexandra was far enough from any villages that no one should see her, she figured she might as well work on her illusions.

Remembering what she had created in the morning, Alexandra created the illusion of a baby. It had a tiny mouth and a cute button nose. And the skin tone... Alexandra forgot the skin tone. Whatever, she thought, Skin tone is easy to add. I'll make him tan. The baby became tan. Then, creating the often used illusion of cloth, Alexandra wrapped the baby so one could only see its head. All that was left was the eyes. She had always had trouble with eyes. Too many details. Thinking fiercely, she added a shattered glass pattern. And brown specks around the center with green speck around the edge.

Good, thought Alexandra. This should be good enough. Opening her eyes so she could clearly see her illusion, she examined her creation. From afar, it would look real. From close... well, she would work on that later. Satisfied with her result, Alexandra stored the image in the back of her head for later use and editing. The baby disappeared into thin air again. But as the baby disappeared, Alexandra got the feeling she was being watched.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

AnnieInsight

Callie knew the girl sensed her.  She could feel the vibrations in the atmosphere change once the baby had vanished.  The girl was beautiful, with her white hair and impeccable clothing.  Callie angled her head to gain a better mental feeling about this situation.  She was sort of afraid of her...she didn't know her, really.  All that she could gather from the girl's appearance was that she wasn't likely to be a bounty hunter.  Good, she thought. Maybe she'll become a friend.  Gods know I need one right about now.

Widget, her ferret, noticed how Callie and the girl seemed to be in a mental lockdown, eyeing each other carefully in the moonlight.  Neither girl seemed to know what to do for the moment, so the ferret made the first move.  With full Widget curiousity, he raced down from the perch in the hollow and ran to the white-haired girl, stopping only a few paces from her.  Squeaking a greeting, Widget appeared as friendly as ever.

Callie smirked at her beloved pet and stood up, brushing off the dust from her flour sack School uniform pants.  She didn't have much else other than her uniform clothing, and she kinda prefered it that way.  Walking to the girl, she smiled her lightning bolt smile and picked up her pet.

"You'll have to excuse Widget.  He wouldn't know privacy if it bit him on the tail."  Callie said shyly.  "I'm Calliope Dawnya.  That was a terrific illusion you just made!"

zozee9

Is that a ferret? was the first thing Alexandra thought when she looked over at the girl. Then, looking into the girl's brown eyes, Alexandra just stood there. There wasn't much harm in people seeing her do illusions, as long as they didn't tell anyone. Although illusions weren't a one-of-a-kind magic, it was pretty rare. Especially of high talent... but her illusion wasn't that high of talent. So maybe the girl would just think it was normal and wouldn't tell anyone.

As the ferret ran up, Alexandra couldn't help but smile. The other girl also seemed to be amused as she smiled and walked up and talked.

"Is that your pet ferret? And I'm Alexandra. You can call me Alexa if you'd prefer, but I don't really care. And thanks! Do you know any illusion magic?"

Alexandra decided to play it safe. Just pretend like anyone could easily learn illusion magic, and maybe the girl wouldn't tell the town. It wasn't good to cause a big disturbance when there is a bounty on your head... even if no one knows what you really look like.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

AnnieInsight

Widget scrambled up Callie's upper torso and settled behind her right shoulder, nestling himself in the little pouch her wrap hood made.  It was a comfortable place for him and he used it often.  Sighing with satisfaction, he watched the two girls get to know one another.

Callie nodded proudly.  "Yup.  I'm a singer, mainly healing the sick with the melodies I weave.  I'm the best in my class!"  She blurted out this last piece of information and looked down, suddenly embarrassed.  Turning to the left a bit, she shrugged slightly.  "Well,"  she muttered.  "I was the best."  Callie shut her eyes and went on, trying not to think about the fact that she had already revealed too much about herself.  "I used to belong to the School of the Healing Arts.  I'm done with all that now, and I'm pretty much on my own."

She suddenly turned to Alexandra and beamed.  "Well, now I'm rambling on about nothing important,"  she said, changing the subject.  "What's your story?  Are you really that beautiful or is this one helluva glamour?"  Callie didn't even realize how blunt she was being...she was just curious.  Like singer like pet, Widget was the same way most days.

zozee9

Laughing at the ferret, Alexandra listened to Calliope. It didn't surprise her that Calliope was the best in her class—she had great observing skills. Why she was no longer the best, though, made no sense. It didn't seem like she graduated, so maybe she was made to leave? Or left to go on an adventure? Whatever the case may be, Alexandra could tell the girl had some regrets.

Caught off guard by the sudden smile and blunt questions, Alexandra stumbled a little in her answer. "What? Thanks? I don't have any glamour. I avoid using magic unless I'm practicing or helping someone. So I guess my looks are natural. Ah, but my hair is dyed. It's naturally brown." Alexandra made sure not to mention she was half fae. She had enough experience with discrimination to last a lifetime. "So... what are you doing here on this beach? We're miles away from a village, so I doubt that it's just an stroll along the ocean."

AnnieInsight

Callie was fascinated by Alexandra, that much she knew.  Widget liked her, too...but that wasn't saying much.  Widget liked everybody.  There was just a sense of peace surrounding Alexandra, something Callie longed for.  Even in School, she was labeled a misfit.  She had the smarts and the ability to learn quickly, but as far as the social circles went...well, she wasn't exactly popular.  Callie was used to keeping to herself often.  She did have a few friends, no one close...just a couple of girls she could hang out with from time to time.  She wondered what they thought of her now.

Callie pushed the memory of School from her mind with almost a physical force and decided to concentrate on the here and now.  After all, she was in the company of an angel.  Or so she thought.  Alexandra was just so warm...in a way that Callie couldn't quite put her finger on.  Sure, she was exceptionally pretty, but that wasn't all there was to her.  Alexandra had a certain spark of life, a natural charm that made Callie feel better than she had in a week.  She still wasn't entirely sure she could trust her, but she really wanted to try.  

Callie stooped down and sat beside Alexandra.  "The School I belonged to is west of here.  Widget and I have been travelling for a couple days, trying to find our place in a new life."  she explained quietly, picking at a loose thread on her uniform tunic.  "You're probably wondering, so I'll just spit this out...I was kicked out of School for something I've done.  It was a horrible situation and now I can't go back.  I'd rather not tell you the details, if you don't mind..."  she peered at Alexandra with deepness in her brown eyes.

Callie sighed and looked at the moon in Her fullness and glory.  "I'm supposed to leave this place.  I promised my Headmaster before I left that I would never return to Summervale.  But this is my home, Alexa...I don't ever want to leave.  Where would I go?  I can't do the whole nomad thing, I'm much more of a put-down-roots kind of girl.  I'm supposed to find my way in this world, but without a travelling partner I don't know how I can manage it."  Callie felt tears threaten her senses and she blinked them back so as not to show the pitiful weak sorrow she felt.

zozee9

Sitting down, Alexandra listened as the girl put her trust in her. Knowing how it was like to be kicked out by everyone you grew up with, she also knew how hard it was to talk about it. To be kicked out of a town was a pretty big deal, so the girl must have done something big. She seemed like a good girl... funny, honest, and nice. So whatever it had been, it was probably on accident. Or not her fault. Either way, it had to feel terrible.

As Callie continued talking, Alexandra mentally commended her. The girl managed not to cry even after all the terrible things that had happened to her. She was strong. Unlike Alexandra, Callie had obviously loved her town. The pain Alexandra felt when leaving a town in which everyone alive hated her was bad enough, so she couldn't even imagine how horrible Callie felt.

"Not many can do the nomad thing, but some are forced to," Alexandra, the forced to part being about herself. "However, since they made you leave town instead of just arresting you, you may be able to put down your roots in another town far away. I've been traveling for a while now, and will most likely be traveling for a while longer. I would love to take you with me, to help you, but it may be more dangerous for you. Not only am I being chased, I also do some things that... aren't accepted. Being with me will put you in dangerous situations. Would you still like to come?"

Although Alexandra knew that she shouldn't have even offered to take Callie into her perilous life, Alexandra couldn't just leave her there. She would make the offer, and, if Callie accepted, Alexandra would try her hardest to keep her safe as well as hidden. After all, if she was caught and someone had seen her with the Callie earlier, Callie would most likely be labeled dangerous. She would probably not be able to return to a peaceful life ever again. Alexandra didn't want the girl to make a rash decision based on her grief.

AnnieInsight

Callie looked up in surprise.  She's willing to take me under her wing?  she thought hopefully.  But she doesn't even know me.  She realized she was staring open mouthed at Alexandra and quickly regained her composure.  It seemed like the best idea ever, but she didn't want to seem too needy.  

"I would love to,"  she blurted out, and then stared out toward the beach.  "It's just that this is a big deal...and I'm not sure if it's what I'm supposed to do.  I'm totally on my own now, as I've said before.  I'm really not familiar with all that entails.  I've always been so much more of a follower.  I understand the role of leadership, but that kind of life is just not me.  So...of course your offer appeals to me!"  She caught Alexandra's eyes and giggled in spite of her fear.

"The great stories of women warriors long past had to start somewhere, right?  So maybe that'll be us one day.  We'll have lots of things to tell our children if we stick together,"  Callie nodded in decision.  "I'll go with you wherever we need to be.  Thanks for taking me on, Alexa!"  With that, she tackled the white-haired girl with hugs, almost knocking her over.

Characters played:  
Calliope Dawyna

zozee9

Laughing at Callie's reaction, Alexandra gently hugged Callie back while regaining her stability. This girl was quick to put her life on the line. Although Alexandra would love to bring the ball of energy along with her, she had to double check Callie understood what she was getting into and that she'd be able to handle herself.

"Like I said, if you follow me, you will be in bigger danger than now. There is a possibility that you'll never be able to live a peaceful life again. Although I'll try my best to keep you safe, I get myself into danger. People may think you're helping me and put a bounty on your head. Are you okay with that? Also, my life includes a lot of running. How fast are you at escaping? And what magic can you use? I know you can heal with your songs, but can you do anything else? If not, that is fine, but there is a higher chance of you getting caught. And if you're caught... well, I guess I'm good at rescue missions. But like I said, you'll never be able to return to a peaceful life. Are you still willing to come with even though you know the risk?"

AnnieInsight

Callie bit her lip, trying to wrack her mind as to what she'd learned over the years.  "I have a way with animals, I guess.  My friends at school told me I was a charmer of that sort, but I don't know.  Widget seems to obey me most of the time, and I can tame beasts of the wild and things of that sort.  I used to put Headmaster John's cat to sleep so we could sneak into the kitchens at night,"  chuckling softly at the memory.  "It just depends on how strong the mental capacity of the animal is,"  Callie explained simply.

"I was also learning the advanced stages of simple illusions along with using my energy with the songs I sing.  Conjuring up a small wind to play with the ladies dresses and small distractions to make saddened folk concentrate on something other than their distress.  Things like that."  Callie peered curiously at her new friend, wondering how strong her illusions could get if pressured to get out of a sticky situation.  "I don't know if this so-called danger of our is just an illusion itself, just a matter of opinion,"  Callie went on carefully so as not to hurt Alexa's feelings.  "But I happen to know that I'm the daughter of the Granthrope family, and we're not afraid of anything so long as we can dodge the tricky stuff.  I'm proud of my family, for what they stand for.  We're a solid bunch, quick to love and quick to stand by our loved ones, whether they be kin or not.  I understand your risks, Alexa, and I do know uneasiness when I see it.  But believe me, we're better off together."

She took her wrap off slowly, so as not to disturb the sleeping Widget.  Putting the ferret in her lap, she absentmindedly petted his fur as she thought hard about the next plan of action.  "I think the next topic of the night should be what route we'll take in the morning.  What time we'll start, what we'll take along the way, things of that sort."  She blushed then, aware of the bossiness her tone held.  "I was known as the Organizational Singer back at the School,"  she told Alexa sheepishly.  "I can make sense of the deepest puzzle."

zozee9

Nodding her head as Callie listed the things she could do, Alexandra had no doubt that the girl would be able to fend for herself. She seemed to know a lot of basic magic and wasn't afraid of danger. Callie was definitely not a bounty hunter, so Alexandra herself wouldn't be harmed by taking her along. Looking at the mystical ocean and deep blue sky, Alexandra was tempted to let out her wings and fly over the magical ocean. However, she simply ran her fingers through her hair, trying to think of the answers to Callie's questions.

"I've been thinking about going to Cerenis. It's a good place to get both rare items and information. It's a bigger town that is said to have lots of unusual visitors, so we'd blend in. As for when we'll start, I would say tomorrow afternoon after we gather what we need for our trip. I don't carry much... not even a backpack. However, I was thinking of getting a bottomless pouch or backpack in Cerenis. Until we have something to carry everything in, I would only grab the necessities. We can hunt and forage as we travel, so food should be fine. If we boil the ocean water, we should be able to drink that. We can buy extra clothes in Cerenis since they take up too much room. However, if you bring a backpack, feel free to put clothes in it. Well, I guess you can put whatever you want in it. Anyway, I don't actually know if we need anything before we leave. Is there anything you want to get?"

AnnieInsight

"Cerenis is a good place,"  Callie brightened.  "I went there for the first time with my parents to gather everything I needed for school when I was eight, and then the School took field trips year after year to get supplies or to see about an ailment or whatnot.  A bunch of us from each class took a merchant's pony and cart and traveled the whole way there and back, with a few Headmasters to watch over us, of course.  It's busier than the village I was used to, so I know what you mean."  she nodded in agreement.

Placing Widget carefully on the ground, she got up from her sitting position and motioned to Alexandra that she'd return in a moment.  Trotting to her little hollow, she hurried inside and grabbed her backpack.  In it carried her prized possessions, the things she couldn't bear to part with.  Walking back to Alexandra, she rummaged through it and sat back down beside her.  Callie frustrated herself for a moment with trying to find what she was looking for in a hurry, then remedied that problem by turning the bag upside down so that all the items toppled out.

"Ahh...there it is."  She picked up the glass tube which held the red ochre-dyed ribbon she'd worn so many moons ago.  Callie held it out to Alexandra and began to explain.

"Mama gave this ribbon to me years ago, when I went to audition for the School.  I wore it in my hair with confidence, sure I was going to become whatever I needed to become in order to make them proud."  She gazed at the glass tube fondly, remembering.  "Some kids wore an amulet around their necks, some had special jewelry.  I had my ribbon.  Anything us kids could do at first to make that tender transition of losing their parents to a boarding school, y'know?  I wove my mother's child-song into that tube of glass and sealed it with that cork stopper.  The ribbon comes alive and dances whenever I sing or play my instruments, so I feel like my parents are proud of me."  Callie shrugged and grinned at Alexandra.  "It's all I have of them, and it's a huge rememory for me to keep this safe with me.  It reminds me that whatever situation I get myself into, whatever needs to be done...I'll run with it and flow like the air we breathe so as not to worry about what comes next in my life.  With this ribbon, I know I'll be alright."

zozee9

"A dancing ribbon," started Alexandra. "That's awesome! As I'm sure you know, it's always good to have something to inspire you whenever you do magic. Something that keeps you confident. I hope you'll show me your magic sometime. I've never been really good at magic... other than illusion magic, that is. I just find it so fascinating."

Looking at the pile of things on the ground, Alexandra continued. "So do you need to buy anything else then? Or should we just leave right away in the morning? From what I gathered from the last town I stopped at, we should only be a couple of days away from Cerenis. I don't believe there will be any towns near the ocean until we get to Cerenis, so we shouldn't have to bother about hiding. Of course, if we're found, we can always come up with some story. I don't usually worry about moving during the day when I walk. I mean, when I travel."

Sorting through the things on the ground with her eyes, Alexandra exclaimed, "Oh! I forgot! Do you have any money? I'm not going to mooch off of you, of course, but we may have to work some in Cerenis. I don't tend to travel with money and don't steal or use my illusions to pretend there is money. I'm not one of those kinds of wanderers. Anyway, if you have enough money you may not have to work. But unless you're filthy rich, I would recommend getting money since you have a backpack to carry it in. You never know when you'll need to buy anything. What kind of work are you good at?"

Realizing she had asked multiple questions without awaiting an answer, Alexandra hoped Callie was following and would be able to manage to answer them all. Smiling at Callie, Alexandra finally stopped talking.

AnnieInsight

With an amused grin, Callie looked at her friend as she finished talking.  "I see I'm not the only one who knows how to plan out the next day,"  she giggled.  "I think we should leave right away in the morning.  We don't have anything to do before then except sleep, I guess.  I don't need anything, so we'll just pack up and go soon after we wake up.  Your idea of boiling the water is good, I've never done that before.  I'm not used to drinking water, I'm used to the ale we had at the School.  But I suppose I can find that in Cerenis when we get there,"  she nodded as she began putting her backpack together again.

"I've got my extra tunics and uniform pants, which are clean, so I don't need to worry about getting travel dust on the ones I'm wearing,"  she went on.  "I've got my lute, just in case my voice gets cracks in it when I try to weave out a song.  Oh, and I've got my packet of coins.  I don't have much money, but I've got enough.  The Headmaster made sure I didn't leave without something to sustain me until I found work,"  Callie explained as she opened the packet up and showed Alexa what was inside.

Callie actually had enough coin to buy a couple farmer's horses and then some.  She wasn't used to spending her own money because all she needed was right there at the School, so any thought as to how much things would cost in Cerenis was oblivious to her.

"I'm actually itching to work some when I can find it,"  she confided in Alexandra.  "All I've been doing is studying at my School, but never applying it.  I'd like to use some of the knowledge I've been taught...and soon, before I forget it!"  she chuckled.  "I know what I can do musically, but I was warned that some people just don't respond well to music.  So I was trained in the art of woodburning, a hobby of mine that I've always been good at.  I can make pretty good designs that most peasants enjoy hanging up above their hearths."  Callie nodded shyly when she said this, she wasn't used to boasting her talents other than musical ones.

zozee9

Happy that Callie didn't catch her blunder, Alexandra listened quietly. The idea of drinking ale in school seemed ridiculous, but she didn't say anything. The girl seemed to have planned things out, although she obviously didn't know how money worked. Her packet was full of coins. However, working would still be good. Even though Callie probably didn't realize it, she seemed a bit spoiled. Not to a crazy amount, but enough that she would be used to good quality things. And good quality things costed money. In a wandering world, it was hard to have too much money—especially if you wanted to settle down. Nomads, like Alexandra, didn't need as much. Then again, a bottomless purse would cost a lot...

Luckily, Callie seemed eager to put her skills to the test. Wooodburning was not a process Alexandra knew well, but she always admired the results. However, it would be a little harder if that was what Callie wanted to do. "Perhaps you can woodburn as we travel," Alexandra started. "Once we're in town, there probably won't be as much time. Also, I have a feeling no one is going to hire a woodburner. However, there are many stalls in Cerenis, as you know, and setting up one shouldn't be too much trouble. You can sell your products, but make sure to get a good price. Do you have a good idea how much your designs are worth?" Remembering that the girl didn't didn't have a good sense of money, Alexandra shook her head and continued talking. "Never mind. I'll stay at the stall with you. I usually work at a tailor shop, but I can just as easily buy some cloth and make some clothes. That way I can help you sell things as well as earn my own wage. How does that sound?"

Looking at the quickly darkening sky, Alexandra admired the full moon as it placed itself perfectly in the horizon. If it was a normal night, Alexandra would have loved to spread out her wings and fly. However, it was risky to let anyone know she was part fae—Serenians, however nice they might be, tend to discrimination against fae folk. Also, her feathered wings happened to be featured in her bounty info... and she had made a big enough name for herself that the girl may have heard of her. Even though she trusted Carrie, who knows if she would accidentally let it slip to someone else. Alexandra decided it was better to keep it a secret for now.

AnnieInsight

Callie shook her head sadly.  "I'm used to the woodburning tools we had at the school, Alexa," she said with regret in her voice.  "I'm sure there's other ways of burning wood to make pretty designs without the use of the special picks and quills and the oil I used to flow the element of fire...but I know nothing of them.  I suppose I'm pretty sheltered...all I know is what the School had as far as teaching tools.  I learned of worldly things through matters of opinion because we just kept to the School.  We didn't get out into the territory because we were wards of our Headmasters...and they were reluctant to let us go traipsing into odd situations they couldn't handle.  I have no idea what my designs are worth, I've never sold them before.  I just handed them over to the Headmasters so they could show them off."  she explained.  "So, I'm not sure if I can woodburn while traveling, unless I learn how to do it without the aid of my Headmaster's tools.  I could improvise a bit, I think.  Maybe I should just stick to musical workings..."  she thought aloud.

Her eyes brightened as she went on.  "But I'm willing to learn!  I've heard of so many great things..."  She said excitedly as she counted on her fingers.  "There's the matter of living, of course, the whole providing for yourself and your loved ones.  But there's also getting involved in charity work, too.  My folks were really poor when I was growing up, before I left for school.  We didn't have much in the way of items we needed...we had enough food to get by and the clothes on our backs and blankets when it got cold, but there was so much love in the house that it didn't matter what we had."  Callie sighed.  She really missed those times.  Her Mama and Papa were so good to her.

She looked directly into Alexandra's eyes blue-brown eyes.  "I must tell you that I'm sort of on a mission,"  she began.  "Once I figure out who I am and what I'm supposed to be doing, I want to find my parents.  I had word when I was at School that they moved from the village I was born in because Papa just couldn't find work.  They must still be in Summervale, I just don't know where.  I'd love to see them again,"  she concluded wistfully.

zozee9

"You can do whatever you want, Callie. Whether you decide to learn how to burn wood other ways or use your music or do something totally different, I'm sure it will be fine. You probably have enough money to get whatever you need, anyway." Smiling at Callie, Alexandra didn't really know what else to say about that matter. Things would work out in the end, whatever the case may be.

Continuing onto the next topic, Alexandra said, "I think it would be a great idea to see your family again... it's always good to keep those ties strong." Although Alexandra didn't have too many good family memories herself, she had seen the courage it gave other people. And if her sister was still alive...

Wanting to leave those sad thoughts, Alexandra decided to talk business again. "We also need to figure out what we're going to do in Cerenis before we leave. We can buy things and get money. You can probably change your appearance a little if you need to—I don't know how much you're being chased, but it might not be smart to walk around too much looking like yourself if they are searching for you. That's one of the reasons I dyed my hair. Also, I need to do some information... snooping in Cerenis. Try not to make too big of an impression when you're with me, for some of the stuff I do isn't accepted by the common person and I don't want you getting caught up in all of that. Anyway, it's getting late. If we're going to leave in the morning we should probably get to sleep now."

Alexandra ran her fingers through her white hair, brushing it to the best of her ability (given that she had no brush). Her hair was silky enough that it was working. She continued combing her fingers though it, waiting for Callie to respond.

AnnieInsight

Nodding silently in agreement with what Alexandra just said, Callie stood up and shouldered her backpack.  "I've got room in my hollow if you'd like something over your head besides the sky tonight,"  she offered.  "Widget tends to make noise when I sleep, but I'm sure you'll get used to it if you're gonna be with us."

At the sound of his name, Widget stopped playing with Alexandra's feet and promptly stood up on his hind legs.  He squeaked a question-toned squeak and ran to Callie's side.  She picked him up and loved on him for a bit.  "You're just a big ball of fun, aren't you, Widge?"  she said into his tan and black coat.  

She looked at Alexandra with curiousity.  "You seem to be concentrating on other things that don't have anything to do with what we're doing tomorrow.  You okay?  I've got something in mind...  If you want, I could weave a song to put the dreamy goodness in your mind as you fall asleep tonight.  That might help relieve your worries, whatever they are.  What do you think?"

zozee9

"Sorry," Alexandra started, "I'm just a little out of it. I like sleeping beneath the stars, though. My sister always told me it was because angels like the serenity." Alexandra smiled at her fond memories. "You know, I think I'll take you up on that offer of singing. That is, if you don't mind singing out here before you go in and sleep."

Alexandra listened to the ocean waves as she smoothed out an area in the sand to sleep in. Laying down, Alexandra observed the stars. She did like the serenity of them. They were so peaceful... just stayed there and glowed, helping lost people find their way to their homes. Her eyes wandering from one star to the next, Alexandra couldn't help but admire them. They were just so pretty. And they were always there. No matter what, stars were the one thing that you could always count on.  Although Alexandra never learned to navigate using stars, she always wanted to. Maybe she'd buy a book in Cerenis. Even though she never went to school, Alexandra still learned how to read. Pena taught her. Unable to get her mind off of Pena, Alexandra declared, "If you just want to sing inside, I can sleep in there. I need that music."