Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Between Portals (Open)

Started by wolfie, July 28, 2012, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Alerri was just walking and had no idea what she was looking at. This world was still strange and new to her, and she wasn't about to waste any opportunities. Little did she know what she was in for though. She walked up to this strange looking glassy like object and put her had on it thinking it was a mirror. She rested her weight on the mirror looking part right before she fell through.

She fell face first onto the ground. It took a moment before she got up wiping any grass from her face and clothing, she looked around her spying a nice pasture of some sort. She wasn't sure what this place was and had never been here before, but she could say that of many places as she had just started her wanderings.

Alerri noted she wasn't alone, and was more than curious on who was with her. She sighed and walked over to where this person was.

"Salutations, are you hurt? I was wandering around and seem a bit lost. Do you know where we are?" She asked hoping this was the right dialect for this woman. She wouldn't be surprised if she had gotten it wrong though or said something stupid that she didn't mean. If anything languages weren't her expertise. They seemed to come to her though when she needed them like her brain was finally able to work what she had learned.

zozee9

It was her first day at the Meeting Place and Piper had decided to dress normally... kind of. She had made her hair long and wavy and chestnut color—the same color her eyes were. Deciding for an older look, she had also applied a little bit of rouge. Wearing a red dress that was fitted at the top, Piper was quite happy with what she looked like. And, as it was her first day at this place, she had decided to simply act like herself.

Piper had just left her inn to go for a walk when some person came tumbling out of a mirror-like thing. And by tumbling, Piper meant falling face first into the grass. Suppressing a laugh, Piper merely pretended like she was looking the other way. That is, until the woman walked up to her and started talking.

Am I hurt? thought Piper. I do definitely not look like I'm hurt. I didn't put on too much rouge... did I? No, I've put it on way too often. Never got this kind of reaction before. So it must be something else... Why does she think I'm hurt? Trying to figure the mystery out, Piper ended up staring at the woman with a blank expression on her face.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

wolfie

Alerri waited and waited for a response but got nothing from the other woman. She thought maybe the lady was hurt since there was no answer. She would use what magic she had, but she was still learning self control with it. She wasn't about to let anyone know she had magic at all let alone who she really was. Besides she didn't have any healing magic.

"Sorry it's just that you are sitting there. I thought maybe it was because you were hurt. Do you know where we are at? Is it some place I should fear?" She asked not sure of her location. She couldn't get a read on it at all. She wondered if perhaps this was a lake and she somehow had gotten the ability to breath underwater.

Alerri had once fallen into a lake by trying to touch her image. She had learned the hard way not to do that again. This time was different. She was breathing air so it couldn't be a lake or anything wet to fall into. She was too puzzled by all of this.

zozee9

"Oh! Okay," said Piper, accepting the person's reason for thinking she was hurt. It didn't make total sense, but it was good enough for her.

"I'm perfectly fine. I was just taking a little break. Anyway, we're at the Meeting Place." Piper thought everyone knew what the meeting place was and how you got there. If you touched a mirror and fell through, well, wasn't it obvious where you'd went? "And whether or not you should fear it... well, I guess that depends on you. The Meeting Place is usually safe unless you caught some unwanted attention. Weapons, starting fights, stuff like that."

Not really knowing what to say next, Piper just awkwardly smoothed out her dress and ran her fingers through her wavy hair. She figured she'd let the stranger continue the conversation—after all, the stranger was the one with questions.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

wolfie

"The Meeting Place, interesting. Weapons no I don't really have any of those," she said knowing she was pretty much the weapon if she changed. She wasn't planning on changing her form though. She watched this woman straighten her dress.

"So how do we get in and out of this Place? Is it like a secret cave that nobody really knows about? Who are you?" Alerri asked knowing she was asking a lot. She wondered about everything it was something she couldn't help.

Alerri had been labelled annoying when she was a very young dragon. She was always asking 'why' if not other questions. If a question could be tactifully inserted into a conversation she did so and not just one.

Syrianne

Smells brought her to that awkward place. A familiar but still unique smell. Syrianne was walking for the past week or so... Feeding from animals, wondering where she was heading. Bored to death, that unique smell stimulated her. She suddenly felt like an excited child. It's been years since she smelled that. Something related to a dragon. Syrianne, far from being an animal, was unable to tell. Dragon hunter? Real Dragon? Dragon rider? Whatever. This was going to be interesting. She walked slowly through the forest until she found two strangers. One of the was the one who guided her involuntarily to that place. As she appeared in front of them, walking naturally out of the bushes, Syrianne stopped and took a deep breath.

Elven? ... Oh... Interesting!

Her two furry hears pointed for a second out of her hairs while her cold purple eyes were watching the scene. Syrianne was in front of them, standing like a pillar, in silence. The lady Vampire was wearing a light dress made of ivory cotton with a revealing "V" shaped cleavage. The dress had 2 braces falling on her arms, leaving her shoulders and neck entirely nude. While exposing most of her breasts with her dress, a burgundy cincher (laced on the front) was adding value to that light charming top. The skirt part of the dress was short at the front (over the knees) and falling like a cascade behind the Vampire's ankles. High up her thighs, a leather harness is holding two long sharp knifes entirely hidden by her skirt.

Syrianne was standing there in silence, waiting for a reaction from the 2 strangers, pretty curious about the development of this particular situation.

zozee9

Looking at the new stranger and her unique ears, Piper wasn't really sure what to do. This stranger was... bold. Piper wouldn't wear something like that unless she was going for a slutty feeling someday. But the new stranger could be nice. Piper knew she'd never know unless she talked. Plus, even if the stranger was totally mean or rude or whatever, it could always be used as acting practice.

Turning to Alerri and quickly answering her questions, Piper replied, "There are many ways to get in and out. Everyone knows about this place. I'm Piper."

Then, walking to the new stranger, Piper asked, "And you? Who might you be?" Seemed like a good enough conversation starter to Piper. Even though she never figured out the first person's name. Piper sighed, realizing that this hole situation was just weird and awkward.

wolfie

Alerri had a weird feeling when this new stranger appeared out of nowhere. She didn't like this feeling either it was a completely new experience for her to be feeling icky like this. She hoped it would go away soon. She heard what the first woman said glad to have a name to go with a face.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Alerri," she said then noted that the attention had turned to the new one. She turned around and wasn't sure what to make of someone like her. She had never seen a soul dress like this one was.

"Is there a reason you are dressed that way? I thought weapons were frowned upon here?" She said not sure of any of this. If anything Alerri wished she was home just then instead of lost. At least she wasn't alone.

Kai

Ithilwen had been wandering again, far away from her beloved ocean. She missed it desparetely. Her feet touched the grass her eyes could no longer see, her hands not bothering to find anything for guidence. These grounds were regarded as sacred, and she had brought no weapon but her staff. She bore no intentions of harm with it, only as an aid to avoid falling into a pothole.
Her nose twiched. She smelled three species: Fairy, something with a hint of dragon, and- Her entire body tensed. Vampire. She bore an exceptional loathing for those that drank the blood of others, willingly sacrificing countless lives to sustain their own. They bore the metallic scent of blood, though few could smell it. The only reason she could smell it, and hear every word they spoke pinpointing their location was because she had gazed upon a cocatrice's feather when she was young, robbing her of her sight. Her pupils were entirely missing, leaving a blue iris.
Apparantly the vampire had armed herself on these sacred grounds. She snarled. She had twice as much reason to hate her now. She marched up onto the hillock, legs akimbo, her ratty burlap dress and brown hair flapping in the wind. "And why are you here, demon?" She demanded, able to appear to look the vampire in the eye. Hopefully her eyes would not appear entirely empty.

Syrianne

The Vampire smiled at Piper first. While her smile could confirm at some point that Syrianne was amused, it was still warm and far from carrying any sadistic intentions.

- "I'm Syrianne."

She simply answered before turning her intense purple eyes in Alerri's direction.

- "So, Alerri and Piper right? Pleasure to meet you two."

As Aleri questioned Syrianne on her dress, the demon looked at herself as if she was taking notice of it for the first time. Her smile changed and suddently she seemed taken by surprise. While dressing like this was usualy making the approach easier with males, she always forget that female's perseption is entirely different. "Easier to catch a prey dressed like this" she thought. But to say that out loud would make the entire situation even more awkward for the two travelers in front of her. She let out a small laught that betrayed a bit of shyness and raised her head after she analysed her own dressing for a few seconds...

- "Oh this? Well let's say I sometimes just feel like wandering and I..."

A voice raised a bit farther. She turned her head abruptly in the voice's direction, loosing her smile at the same time. "Oh well... Now they know".

- "What a question. Without any presentations"

Her voice was now as cold as her facial expression.

- "As I was about to say, I'm traveling and ended up here after a few days of walk. As you might guess, it's almost impossible for someone of my kind to live at a same place for a long period of time. Can I ask why such questions as it seems you probably already guessed the answer?"

wolfie

Alerri was listening to what was being said. She wondered more about this as she noted the new female wasn't happy that Syrianne was with them. She wasn't looking for trouble, but it had seemed to find her yet again.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too. I always like meeting others never can tell when you make a new friend," she said smiling. Alerri noticed that she had Syrianne's attention. She found this woman's eyes stunning. She wasn't sure still why the unknown female didn't like this woman.

"Is there something wrong? Why don't you like Syrianne?" Alerri asked hoping for some kind of answer. She had learned more about her own kind than she had of any others.

"What's a 'demon'?"

Kai

Ithilwen continued glaring at the vampire coldly. "Begging your pardon. I am Ithilwen Ronandion. Perhaps I asked the wrong question. Why do you come here with weapons unless you plan to attack? Do you not trust those who enter these grounds enough to follow their example and leave your arms?" She couldn't blame her for bringing a weapon. She didn't trust many strangers and carried her stick as a weapon when needed, but mostly for walking. Most people were too intimidated by her eyes to bother attacking her.
She shifted her gaze to where she estimated Aleri's eyes to be. To her dismay she heard Piper running away after she called Syrianne a demon. Aleri did not seem to know what a demon was. "Aleri, is it? A demon is a most foul creature, willingly feeding off the blood of others to sustain their own life. If I were you I would only trust them as far as a stone can be thrown." A question popped into her head, not an accusation, only one of curiosity.
"Syrianne, why are you out in the daytime? I thought your kind hated the sun."

Syrianne

As Ithilwen spoke, Syrianne kept her cold eyes on her interlocutor. She raised an eyebrow as she mentioned her weapon and simply replied with an annoyed voice...

- I didn't know where I was heading or who I would fall on.

She sighed and rolled her eyes after keeping a few seconds of silence, feeling like her explanation was incomplete.

- Well... While I don't use my weapons often, I love to keep them with me. A demon like me can be deadly for living creatures like some demon hunters can be deadly to me. I had some bad surprises in the past.

Syrianne stayed calm while Ithilwen spoke. However,  she couldn't hold her tongue as she heard: "If I were you I would only trust them as far as a stone can be thrown."

- I'm almost impressed how you dare say this about me whereas trust should be based on the individual standing in front of you, not the burden they carry or the reputation of a specie.

As she continued, her voice abruptly switched from annoyed to amused, talking about her past as if she was enumerating a list of boring chores.

- However I can't deny I spilled blood, drank blood... I'm not beyond moral reproach but honestly I'm more wary when it comes to possible double face or hypocrite individuals.

She kept it clear all along: she is not appreciating being judged even though she is well aware her glorious (or should we say decadent) past or the one of her pairs often preceded her.

As Ithilwen mentioned the sun, Syrianne snorted with discomfort, looking at her skin that was turning a bit red on her shoulders. She stepped back making sure she was under a small tree that was protecting her from most sun rays.

- Well now its a bit better. Most Vampire youngling would burn to death under this sun. At my age, I had all the time needed to practice and ensure I can handle the sun for an appropriate amount of time... Even though its still uncomfortable. It feels like being rolled in sheet made of thorns.

She winced while scratching her right forearm with her left hand while completing that sentence. After taking a deep breath, the vampire turned back her eyes to the Dragon who took a human shape.

- Please tell me Alerri, any reason to hide your true form? After all, your smell is one of the things that guided me here. I haven't seen one of your kind in decades...

wolfie

Alerri listened not sure how to respond. Them talking about all of this fascinated her. She just didn't have enough knowledge about things outside her little world it was always wonderful to learn more when the opportunities arose.

"So they need blood to live and can't stand the sunlight? I don't see that as a reason to distrust someone," she said still not fully understanding. She listened some more getting a little better knowledge.

"Isn't that just the way of life though? You have to survive too," she said showing how innocent she was. She went quiet again letting them talk. The demon seemed to be defending herself. It surprised her to hear someone ask about her true form.

"To blend in and learn more about humans. They intrigue me and as a dragon there was just no way to learn in that form without terrifying them. It's also easier to travel looking like this. So you can sense things through scents?" She said desiring to know more.

"Yeah, they aren't curious about the outside world any more. Most dragons just stay home and learn how to be a good dragon that just didn't interest me."

Kai

Ithilwen mentally reeled back in shock at the girl's naivity. "Yes, you have to survive just like her, and I've met several of her kind. They'll kill you without thinking twice." Then she remembered something. "Well, they technically don't kill you, but you only live a half-life, a cursed one, one where you have no choice but to feed off of other beings life source. I doubt you would still be able to be a dragon if she bit you. It's just lacking in morals."
She listened as the vampire explained herself, smirking when she admitted that she had drank the blood of others, facinated when she explained that she had learned to withstand the sun. "How did you do that?" She inquired. Everything facinated her, the fact that Aleri had wanted to learn about humans, the vampire that could withstand the sun, albiet uncomfortably, the lack of salt in the air. She shifted slightly. She still missed the sea.

Syrianne

Ithilwen described what she knew of Vampires to the Dragon. In the meantime, Syrianne listened in silence to the explanation. She simply add in the end with a really low and patient voice...

- If it can reassure you in any way, It is not a contagious disease that you get with a single bite. I never transformed any one and still have no plan to do so. This existence isn't made for anyone and I consider myself lucky as I had no other choices for my own survival.

She turned to Alerri, smirking.

- And I don't feed off Dragons.

She said that with a serious voice. The sentence was short, clear. Didn't let place for any hesitation. And so Syrianne didn't see the point of even explaining why. As the question raised regarding the sun resistance, Syrianne took an additional look at her arms. Her smirk turned into a wince as her arms were burning a bit more, even though she was hiding in the shadows... She turned her head back to the Elven.

- Evolution I guess... Adaptation. It is possible but it means year of pain and practice. No Vampire burns instantly under the sun but to get to this point, I had to brush against my own destruction several times. The more time went by, the more I was able to stand the sun...

She turned back to the Dragon under a human form to continue.

- So after hundreds of years of practice, I was able to handle the heat and sun pretty well. However now I need to leave. Any of you two know a inn or any place nearby where I could find shelter? I don't feel like trying to burry myself somewhere for hours!

wolfie

Alerri listened not sure she liked what she was hearing. It didn't seem like Ithilwen was very open to Vampires and their existence. It made the young dragon wonder if she was truly open to anything including the existence of dragons who looked like humans.

"You do what you have to to survive nothing more. I can't condemn someone for that. We all are each on our own path of surviving the world doing what we have to," she said not realizing how deep she truly was being. Instead she just thought 'it is what it is'.  She then heard what Syrianne said about not biting dragons. It made her chuckle.

"I think you'd like to preserve those teeth. Dragon's hides are tough to bite through, and besides flame can be just as intense as the sun. Not that I'm challenging you at all. Just saying it as it is. I think it's smart not to challenge a dragon," she said shaking her head. Alerri then sat back and listened to the answer to Ithilwen's next question.

"Sorry I'm still learning my way around. Haven't come to any inns," she said then looked to see if the third being in their party knew of any place.

Syrianne

((Sorry for the delay! Moving in 2 weeks! Really busy :P ))

Syrianne shrugged, ignoring Ithilwen for now. As she speaks, she clearly shows she is opened to the idea of the Elven creature to follow her but clearly doesn't address herself to her at the same time...

- Well, we'll need to walk in a direction anyway to find one before I'm forced to find a cave to hide! I come from there...

The Vampire points briefly behind her, keeping her eyes on the Dragon.

- ... And well... There was nothing but trees, bushes and a lake... So...

Syrianne looked at the tree behind her... She analyzed it for a moment and then turned back at Alerri.

- While I guess you're less agile in human form, do you think you could climb there a second and look for any sign of a house or chimney? If I go up there, nothing will hide me from the sun and this will make us loose additional precious minutes. While I'm here, in the shadows, I don't heal, but don't get worse.

wolfie

(Don't worry about it. I know that real life comes first.)

Alerri listened to what Syrianne was saying. She sighed wondering how the woman would walk if there was little to no shadows around.

"Caves are not bad places I come from one. I don't know how to get out of here as this is the first time I've been here. New to the world and all," she said blushing a little. She knew they would have to go and look if they were to leave though.

"Climb? What is that? If needed I can easily change into my other form if it would be more helpful," she said wondering what in the world a house or chimney was. She had never heard such words before.

Syrianne

((Moving = completed! :) I'll be here several times a week now! I have ze Internets at home! Ahah!))

Syrianne noded as Alerri suggested flying instead. The Vampire's skin was more and more uncomfortable, almost burning. Luckily, she knew she could resist for an additional 15 minutes or so...

- A cave will be perfect for now! If you don't mind looking of course. I will owe you!

Syrianne saw the confusion in Alerri's eyes as she talked about human habits. Her expression switched from a grimace of pain to an amused smile. While the Vampire is mostly disgusted by humans, she considers most of the other creatures she meet on the planet as interesting. She added before leaving:

- I'll show you tonight a city. We'll have time to find one. For now I'll take the initiative to walk and if you see anything that could protect me, just inform me. I guess you'll have to guide me a little to avoid any additional loss of time!

As she said that, Syrianne started walking at a fast pace, staying as much as possible under trees. She chose a direction that wasn't explored in the past by her or Alerri, looking from time to time behind her to confirm the young Dragon would take a look from the sky for a place to hide.