Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sheeeeeep [Rhi!]

Started by Tally, August 22, 2012, 12:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Razi let her ramble.  He didn't mind, even rather liked it.  He was never one for talking much himself but often found he enjoyed listening to others.  His tail swayed back and forth and he blinked at her in long, slow movements.

"Razi," he said.  It came out not quite as it would had he been human.  The r rasped and rolled a bit, and the z wasn't entirely pronounced, but it was close enough.

Rhindeer

"Razi?" Tessa repeated as she moved even closer, hoping she'd heard him correctly. His cat-voice was sort of funny, and some of his words were difficult to understand. "Razi. That's a really nice name!"

She was watching his tail move as she spoke, and now that he was no longer dangerous in her eyes, she found herself growing more and more enthralled. He was a gorgeous animal, like nothing she'd ever seen before--even with his bloodied mouth--and his fur looked really soft and smooth...

Wait. He didn't know her name, either, did he? "Oh! Sorry, I'm Tessa. Tessa Sommer, but just Tessa works. Or Tess. Or...really anything you wanna call me, as long as it's not rude. It's wonderful to meet you!" She held her hand out before she realized that wasn't actually going to work, started to draw it back, and then remembered...no, it actually might! Animals sniffed each other in greeting, right?

After a moment's hesitation, she held her hand out again, near his nose, like he was a dog.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

"Tessa," he repeated, but all his attention was on her hand.  He tried not to get too excited and just lunge at her.  He had to remember what he looked like to a small female human when he was like this.

But her hand was so close.  His tail lashed, and he inched forward, just barely containing himself.  She held her hand out like she was offering her scent, but he had something else in mind.  He jutted his head up into her fingers and rubbed at her hand, trying to get her to scratch at him, and as soon as he touched her his dignity rather went out the window and he nudged forward more, rubbing his head and his ears all about her hand.

Rhindeer

Tessa just about died.

When Razi first jutted forward, her heart leaped and she nearly jerked her hand away as what little prey-animal instinct remained shouted, he's going to bite you! Not a second later, though, and he butted her hand like a cat, and all pretense of caution crumbled. Tessa gasped, bit her lip to hold in the squeal she felt welling up inside her, and practically squirmed with excitement because oh gosh, he was so cute! Just like a house cat, only huge! And his fur was so soft and his whiskers were tickling her arm omigosh!

Grinning ear to ear, Tessa rubbed the top of his head with her hand before scratching him behind his soft ears, then gave up even trying to control herself and used both hands on him, getting behind both his ears at once. It took her last ounce of willpower not to throw her arms around his neck.

"Oh my gosh, you're so soft!" she gushed, finally scratching at his neck.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

Nearly the second she began petting him in earnest, a hearty purr rumbled out from Razi's throat.  It would embarrass him to admit it, but he did so love when people petted him.  Craved it, adored it, constantly wanted to ask for it but never could.  Ah, but now he'd found someone just as zealous about providing pets as he was to receive them!

Razi tilted his head this way and that, leaning into her scratches and showing her where he wanted more attention.  Soon the throes of giddy happiness were too much and he rolled over right then and there so she could get at his throat and chest and dare he even hope his belly??

Rhindeer

He purred! Oh dear Ansgar, this got even better because he purred! Just like a cat! Ahh! At first, the sound startled her, for it was deeper and louder than a house cat--of course!--but then once she realized what it was, she laughed delightedly and was more than happy to scratch where he wanted. It was almost hard to believe that just minutes ago this very same cat had taken down a roc.

But Tessa wasn't thinking about that right then, because then Razi was on his back with his soft belly exposed, and she could feel his purrs rumbling in his throat and chest as she scratched him there with both hands.

"Haha, I'm guessing you really like this, don't you?" she asked, and soon Razi was getting his wish as she stroked his belly, completely forgetting that this was a man she was petting.

Tally

Razi wiggled about on his back, too happy to just lay still.  Whenever Tessa reached a place he really liked his put both paws on her arm to keep her scratching in just that spot.  Claws in, of course, though with many things he had to remind himself of that.

He rumbled out some words through the constant purring.  "Mmm, you will put me to sleep like this."

Indeed he could feel the lethargy seeping in.  If she kept this up she would lull him right into slumber.

Rhindeer

It was a little startling to be grabbed by such a huge animal, but it was mostly just amazing, and Tessa laughed whenever he held her arm and made sure to give that spot extra attention. God, he was so cute! Just look at the way he wiggled! Actually wiggled!

His words, however, gave her pause.

"Oh! Oh, sorry, should I stop?" she asked, freezing in place.

Tally

Razi heaved a great sigh that rocked his whole chest up and then down.  Oh, how he wanted to say no!  Alas, she needed to collect her sheep and he needed to butcher this roc.

"Yes, we should."  He growled in frustration as he righted himself.  "I am going to eat this roc."

He warned her mainly because it would be gory and noisy and not likely something she would care to see.

Rhindeer

Tessa sighed, a little sad to stop--but it probably was a good idea. She didn't want to put him to sleep! And she did sort of have things to do, like checking on her flock. Fable was doing a good job keeping an eye on them while she was occupied, though, and a quick glance their way showed that the dog had managed to keep them all together.

Good ol' Fable.

As Razi righted himself, Tessa gave him an odd look at first, because why was he telling her that--and then one of realization. Did he mean...right then and there? Eat it like a cat? Like dig into it on the spot?

Ew.

Tessa wrinkled her nose. "...Oh. Ah, okay, you can do that. I'll just be..." She pointed toward her flock. "Gotta check on them all, okay?"

Tally

Razi grunted, his attention all on food, now.  Over the course of minutes, the mass of feathers became a bare, torn carcass.  Longer still, and he had it stripped of meat and was crunching contentedly on bones.  When he was satisfied, he shifted back into his human shape, hefted the meaty wing he'd spared, and went in search of the girl and a stream to wash in.

Rhindeer

Tessa wasn't far from Razi, and had spent the time tending to her flock. The one sheep that had been picked up by the roc was, as it turned out, miraculously unharmed save for some bruising; her thick wool had protected her, and the roc hadn't gotten far off the ground before Razi had taken it down. Clearly, Ansgar had been looking out for her this day; it couldn't have been a coincidence that Razi, a powerful shifter, showed up minutes before the roc.

If not for him, she might have lost everything.

She had just finished up and had turned to see how Razi was faring when she came face to face with a naked man carrying a giant wing--and she jumped and yelped in surprise before she realized it was Razi. Really, the tails and ears should have been the giveaway, but she'd gotten used to seeing him as a panther, and the reminder that he was actually a man was...startling.

A very naked, very attractive, very...bloody...man.

Her eyes went wide and for a moment she just stared, before she realized she was staring and flushed red. She snapped her eyes back to his face and took a step back. "Wh-where are your clothes?"

Tally

"I lost my loincloth.  And I saved you this."  He raised the plucked wing then dropped it on the ground before her.

He looked about for water, or for his loincloth, and saw neither from there.  Where exactly had he shifted?

"Is there water nearby?"

Rhindeer

"Ah, thank you!" The wing gave Tessa something safe to look at, so she looked at that instead of him and knelt down to inspect it. It had been a while since she'd had meat--or rather, good meat--and while she had no idea how roc tasted, bird was bird. This wing was huge, enough for several meals, at least!

"Kind of nearby? I passed a stream about a mile back--did you really only have a loincloth?"

He had been distracting enough wearing that little strip of cloth!

Tally

"It is all I ever wear, unless I have cause to go into a city."  Which he tried to avoid mostly almost entirely because it forced him to put more clothes on.

He traced a trail with his eyes backward from the dead bird.  "Ah, there!"

The little strip of cloth had snagged on a cluster of sticker bushes.  He ran over to get it and tied the ends about his narrow hips with bloody fingers.

Rhindeer

Tessa glanced up when Razi bolted, but quickly looked back at the wing and stared very hard at it, even as her face grew hotter. She had picked a really bad time to look up. Male anatomy was...not made for running.

Keeping her head ducked down, she waited a few moments and then called out, "Ah, are you decent now?"

Tally

"Am I what?"

He rejoined her and hefted the wing up again.  No sense in both of them getting bloody.  "Lead the way and I'll carry it home for you."

Rhindeer

"Decent," Tessa repeated, and risked a look up at Razi as he rejoined her. Ah, good, so he was! She smiled and straightened up, climbing back to her feet. "You know, everything covered that ought to be covered which...looks like you've got that covered now! Though, ah..."

She shifted her weight from leg to leg, hands clasped together. "Home may be...I probably won't be able to bring you home with me."

Tally

He shrugged.  "I'll carry it wherever you like."

Rhindeer

Whew! He wasn't offended! Tessa relaxed, smiling brightly. "Thank you! In that case, follow me! Or rather, us. The church isn't far away."