Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lion and Clair

Started by Clair, November 24, 2011, 06:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clair

Haereka paused, startled and looked into Atticus' face. How odd that was! And it was strange that she had not sensed his anger sooner... for years, she had felt what he felt, when he felt it, as he felt it. She felt slow with her own body.

Atticus shook his head and grunted a bit. "Nothing, I'm fine. I'm not angry," he barked. "Just hurting."

Lion

Ghanon knew better than to take him at his word.  He was a word weaver himself, and nobody meant what they said.  "Shame," he remarked.  "Anger is more useful than pain.  Maybe you'll stop wallowing in your own pathetic guilt and finally do something useful.  Are you just going to stand there all day?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Clair

There was another surge of anger, this time stronger. He whipped around, intending on giving the man a piece of his mind, but he was still not stable on his feet and he landed on his knees again. Swearing, Atticus struggled to stand again. "We were doing fine without your interfering!"

Lion

Ghanon genuinely laughed at him and he crossed his arms over his chest.  "What a fine rebutle, my quivering friend," he spat.  "Were you really?  From that pathetic look in your eyes when I first bumped into you.  You looked as if you were barely keeping it together.  And from the looks of it, I know you'd be trying to pick up your own pieces if I didn't come along."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Clair

"I did not look pathetic!" He snapped. Haereka grabbed her brother's arm- so odd- and tugged him back a bit. What had gotten into him? Atticus had always been emotionally steady and never shown this much weakness towards anything.

"You've never acted this way," she cried at him. "Stop it!"

Lion

Ghanon put a hand out to Haeraka.  "No let him.  It is better than holding it inside...  Go on, Atticus.  Inform us as to the center of all this rage you're having...  Where is all this coming from?  If...as she said, you've never acted this way before," he said mockingly.  "Were you too soft-spoken before?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Clair

"We don't know this man," Atticus cried. "We've barely known him a half hour! And already, we're in trouble, can't you see that?" The young man stared at his sister, desperate for her to see that they were in trouble, that they needed to be brought back together and get out of there.

Haereka frowned deeply. "But we've finally got what we've been looking for..."

Lion

"You should listen to your sister, Atticus," Ghanon said tenderly, raising a nonchalant brow at the young man.  "She's got a point.  And she's got good brains from the looks of it.  Something you would clearly lack if you believe, you weren't already in deep enough trouble.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Clair

"Haereka, please, listen to me," he said, his voice quiet but urgent in tone.

Haereka turned away from her brother, unwilling to listen to anything more. "So what now?" she asked, before Atticus could speak again, directing her question at Ghanon.

Lion

Ghanon internally sighed and thought: Finally!  At least one of them was starting to come their senses.  He knew now it was only a matter of time before those cultists came running for them.

"Now, we start moving.  Now that we know that the amulet separates you two, it no doubt serves as a beacon for them and they'll know where to start looking.  I think the amulet will be able to help us find what I'm looking for, and with some magic, might be give you two what you want in the end.  Your own bodies, if that is it.  Is that what you desire?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Clair

"That's what we have been searching for," Haereka said, her back still turned to Atticus. He glare so severe it seemed to pierce through her.

"Where do we go with this amulet of yours, Ghanon?"