Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

That which yields is not always weak. [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, July 15, 2012, 06:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[Omg, that is so epic and makes me ridiculously happy, ahahahaha. xDDDDD]

As soon as Teidra was left to the bath, she was quick to strip out of the filthy clothes and let them drop to the floor, where she planned to leave them. She tested the water with her hand, found it cool but bearable, and wasted no more time in slipping into the bath and soaking. It felt amazing, the sensation of all that grime washing away, and she enjoyed just laying back and resting for a long while before she took up the soap and started to scrub her skin and hair clean.

It wasn't long before the clear water turned murky, her skin clean and the black stripes standing out in stark contrast once again.

When she was finally satisfied, she stepped out of the bath, dried off with the towel, and wrapped it around her head to keep her hair from dripping down her back. She opened the curtain and stepped out. "Malu?" she said, glancing around for him. "Do you have any extra clothes?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Penfeather

[I'm so bad at replying I'm sorry ohmygod. ._.]

As Teidra began to bathe, Malu swung open the hinged wooden closet door. An assortment of folded shirts and pants filled several shelves inside. It seemed normal enough at first glance, but something seemed... off. The interior of the closet seemed like it should be... bigger, somehow. Malu paused, listening to make sure his guest was still bathing before pushing aside a stack of clothes. A small section of wood was missing beneath it, just large enough for someone to weave a few fingers inside and lift a shelf away. Doing just this, Malu removed one shelf, then another, before revealing what lay behind everything - a tall, coal-black jacket.

"Hello, old friend," Malu murmured, reaching into the closet and running his fingers over a sleeve. "We may be reacquainted within the next few nights... We shall see." He traced the belts and buckles that held the jacket closed like he was caressing a lover, taking note of every curve and contour before drawing away and replacing the shelves. Not a moment too soon, either - Teidra's voice came floating from the other room.

"Yes, one moment," he replied. Taking a shirt and pants from a shelf, he closed his closet and stepped into the main room where Teidra waited. "I hope these will suffice?"

Rhindeer

[It's okay, silly! Sorry about the wait, myself! D8]

Malu returned, bearing pants and a shirt, and Teidra broke out into a bright grin. "Ah! Those are perfect!" she said,  happily accepting them. They may have been just simple threads, but right about then they seemed as precious as a silken gown. They sure beat filthy rags!

She wasted no time in getting dressed right then and there, pulling the shirt over her head first. It could have doubled as a dress for how long it was on her, easily falling to her knees and leaving her swimming in cloth. The pants followed, and those gave her a little more difficulty; her tail had a knack for making things inconvenient, so she had to let them ride low on her hips, just below her tail--which wasn't really working. They kept falling down.

Pulling them back up for a third time, she flashed Malu a sheepish smile and held up a hand, unsheathing one long claw. "Mind if I...?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Penfeather

[I'm still superbad at things. Take me back? D:]

Malu's dark eyes smiled, and he turned as Teidra dressed herself, waiting until the scuffling sound of  moving cloth had stilled before turning back around. The clothes were long and loose on her figure, as he had guessed, but she seemed to be content with them. He again wondered in what deplorable state the slavers had kept this poor creature, but pushed the thought from his mind once more.

He set about cleaning the table of their meal; rewrapping any leftover cheese, disposing of the water Teidra had used to wash her face. When he returned, he realized his guest was struggling with the loose cloth pants. It took him a moment to understand what she meant by her gesture, but once it clicked, he nodded. "By all means," he said. "I will look for a belt in the meantime, if that will help things."

Rhindeer

[Of course! <3 It's okay! Just glad you're back! 8D]

"That'll help!" As soon as Malu gave the go-ahead, Teidra used that claw to tear a hole in the pants, just large enough to fit her tail through. Threading her tail through the hole, she sighed in relief. One problem fixed, one to go! In the meantime, she could just hold the pants up manually. She didn't mind!

It just felt wonderful to have clean clothes, a clean body, a full belly, and a safe shelter.

Now the only problem was staying awake, even if the bath had energized her a little.

She stretched her arms over her head and popped her back. "I like your home," she commented after a moment, following after him and examining things as she went, ears perked forward. It had an interesting set-up, simple, yet more elaborate than the dwellings back home. But her people didn't have permanent dwellings and never stayed in one place long; they went where the prey went and didn't keep many belongings beyond what they needed and a few special mementos. They needed to pack light.