Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Crying won't save me" [OPEN]

Started by Scythe-Nova, November 22, 2012, 05:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Scipio remained stone-faced, they had gotten out of that town as soon as the commotion had ended, so they had no idea as to a death toll nor had Fen healed anyone. But he understood Fen's reason for lying, it would do the young girl no good to know a death toll, she would only blame herself for something that was obviously not her fault.

Scythe-Nova

-"None?..."

She looked up at the two in shock as her mind processed the news, somewhere she were very relived of the new but she still had that doubtful feeling in her spine but she tried to ignore it. When the man asked her about her condition she looked to the side and moved over to the front of the cart and climbed over to sit where there were room.

-"Out of control is not really the right term.. It's.. it's more like overcharging, the mas.. the mage said that my body is a living nexus.."

She paused a bit looking at the two men next to her and then shivering a bit as the wind blew through her tattered clothes, she then looked foward on the road and kept on her tale.

-"this would mean i could have been a really powerful sorceress, but the pathways in my body were damaged at birth. As a nexus my body gathers magical energy from the surroundings, it is a miniscule amount taken from everything but the area that i gather energy from is... completely... i don't even know what the distances he said mean.."

She wrapped her arms around herself as she began feeling cold and exposed, there was of course much emotion in her words but her expression was only sad but tears would not come to her comfort. She brought up her hand to the metal collar that adorned her neck and gripped it tightly and felt the hard metal against her skin it was her reminder to keep on running, small intricate markings appeared on the collar indicating that it was activating and thats when she let go of the collar and looked aimlessly straight forward as the markings slowly dissappeared.

Dreamwolf

Fen appreciated Scipio's stone faced back up. He did not want the girl to blame herself, especially not after hearing the things she said about her condition. He knew of a few technique that might buy the girl time, and give her a bit of money.

"If I taught you to focus that power into crystals you could sell it. I can't repair the magic relays on your body, as it's been too long since it happened, but I can remove that collar if you wish." He wasn't sure if she would want it gone, but he felt the need to ask. He was a smith, and an agent of freedom, one of those that stole slaves and smuggled them into other countries.

Zane

Scipio remained quiet, there wasn't really much he could say though he knew the road that they were on, in about half a mile the road would split and one of them would lead to Arca, that was the road he had to take, regardless of weather or not they did.

Scythe-Nova

-"...maybe it could work.. i don't know i can't controll my energies like most other people.."

She said and kept on looking at the road ahead of the cart and sighed softly, When the man said he could remove the collar from her she looked at him with a sad expression.

-"I wish you could remove it... the mage that put it on me have warded it against magic and force brought upon it, he also said that the collar could drain energy from me to protect itself..."

She said and tilted her head to the side and pulled her arms towards herself as she shivered from the cold air blowing through her tattered clothes, she was after all naked under the tatered clothes.

Dreamwolf

Fen shook his head in disgust. The collar was one of those. "I am sorry. I might know someone who could at the least heal the chafing under it." He noted her shiver and cast a glance at Scipio. "Master Prosper, there is a blanket under you, in the small drawer. Bring it out will you? I'll get her some clothes in town."

Zane

"Sure." Scipio pulled the blanket out from the drawer under his seat and cast it over the young girl. He then turned to Fen. "The road will split up here, one road to the North and one to the south. Which road are you taking? I have to go southward to Arca."

Scythe-Nova

As she felt the Blanket on her shoulders she looked up at the man who put it there before looking down again and blushing slightly.

-"Thank you..."

She said and wrapped the blanket around herself feeling much warmer already. She then looked at the other man and looked a bit hazily at him before looking down and rubbing one of her eyes with one of her hands and yawning slightly. Being wrapped in the blanket and feeling somewhat secure for the first time in a very long time made her very sleepy.

-"Thank you...."

Was the last she could say before the sleepiness got the better of her and she fell asleep as she leaned against the man who had given her the blanket, now breathing sofly and soundly as she slept really made it so much more obvious that she was just a little girl.

Dreamwolf

Fen watched her fall asleep leaning on Scipio. When she was fully asleep Fen looked back to the path ahead.

"I have friends in Arca, they will be able to hide the girl. I brought slaves like this one over the border many times. They will surprised to see me, perhaps, we were planning a raid in the market in Connlaoth for next month." He did not know why he told Scipio this, but he knew he could trust the runner. On some level Fen almost thought the Runner would be an asset to the agents.

Zane

Scipio pulled his arm around the girl, it was a protective gesture, as was Scipio's nature, protect others at all costs. "I'm not sure where I will be in a month's time Fen, a runner's life is very sporadic, but if I'm in Connloath, rest assured I will help,"

Scythe-Nova

Timea slept soft and soundly as she leaned onto Scipio, when he pulled his arm around her she reacted only slightly with a soft and content sigh and nestled closer to him. It were the first time for a very long time she had felt the warmth of another person so close to her, this made her feel so very secure only enhancing her sleep.

-"Nnn... mom.."

It was a whisper that came from her lips as she slept, it could be heard if one were as close as Scipio were at the moment. She had a rare dream of her mother but she could not remember her face but this warmth she felt reminded her of the love of her mother, outside her dream she smiled in her sleep as a tear came from her eye.

[[OOC: If there's nothing more we could move the thread to Arca if you think thats okay :3]]

Dreamwolf

((Fine with me Fen is just the driver at this point xp)

Fen guided the cart towards Arca, when he spotted the road sign that told him the city was just ahead he slowed to a stop.

"You have a reputation to uphold, Master Prosper, if you'd like to get off now you can, or you can let her sleep." Fen didn't mind either way and Jessup could pull ten times the weight that the cart had in it at that moment. He looked into the back where Tunis was sleeping on a bundle of his clean clothing. It was getting closer to the time when she would need to be amongst her own kind for a while. He'd have to head for the mountains soon.

Zane

It was late night when they came into Arca, Scipio ran the last two miles into town beside the cart, letting the young girl rest aside Fen. He led them from the gate to the runner's house where the housekeeper waited up. "Where were you?"

"Held up, I have guests how many spare rooms do we have available?"

"Two."

Scipio went back outside where the girl was still sleeping, he shook her gently, "come on miss, let's get you to bed."

Scythe-Nova

Timea softly stirred from her sleep and looked up at the man waking her as she got up sleepily, She rubbed her eye with one hand and yawned as she got off the cart looking around trying to get her bearings.

-"Where are we?"

She Then asked as she yawned again and looked at Scipio with still tired eyes.

Dreamwolf

Fen smiled slightly, the girl seemed to be recovering well, though he wished he could have tried t the collar, but he knew that wouldn't work, she was valuable, unlike the slaves he usually dealt with. He leaned back into the seat while Scipio talked to the Housekeeper.

"I don't need a room, I'll stay with my cart thanks."